users online
Forum » FFXI » General » [Dev] New Bayld Equipment
[Dev] New Bayld Equipment
By Afania 2013-08-05 23:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Carbuncle.Chibiclone said: »

What about the wildkeeper reive hands with +13% potency on cure receieved? That's better ~

Assuming you are self curing and not having to cure your party ( I would hope not but it does happen occasionally )

I dualbox with my blu when I want to do more damage than just having my whm or sch backing me up and use it to cure my nin or thf or dd, whichever I happen to be on. So the cure pot is better than the pure mnd on Mavi +2.

Fair enough, I just know some BLU's with the gear would spend most of their time Attack / Casting destructuve magic and don't usually have MP to be a main cure.

In your incredibly low niche instance however, yes it would be viable but on 99.99% of times when a BLU is in the party, they wont be the one worrying about curing others.

I duo or trio with other DDs very often and no healer in pt, so I'd main heal and DD on blu. Blu DD set up kills faster than DD Whm.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2013-08-06 00:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
Lakshmi.Teiei said: »
Looks like mages get screwed over yet again with no refresh. So I suppose they'd rather us keep using pre level 100 gear just to have enough MP to cast a spell. At this point every freaking piece should have at least refresh +1 on it.

You're not the only ones. The only change to my Paladin -DT% kits has been because of Buremte Gloves. 3% on Miki body is laughable and 3% on the new boots doesn't beat phorcys.

SCH stun sets with haste and magic accuracy on head is the best option available, from this new gear, beats Xux hat.

Xux Hat[Head] All Races
DEF:45 MP+70 MND+13 Magic Accuracy+15 Haste+5%
LV 99 WHM BLM RDM BRD SMN SCH GEO

Wehzeh Corona
DEF:60 HP+21 MP+35
INT+17 MND+17 CHR+17
Magic Accuracy+10
Evasion+10 Magic Evasion+43
Haste+5%

5 less magic accuracy but you gain 17 INT 17 CHR and 4 MND, also making this a potent enfeebling piece as well. This is an upgrade whether you apreciate it or not! Not to mention if it's Bayld bought rather than Wildskeeper reive, it's an easily obtainable item.

And I mean it's not like there's tons of SCH's with perfect stun sets.
These are the stats on Xux hat:
DEF:61 HP+11 MP+70 STR+11 DEX+11 VIT+11 AGI+11 INT+20 MND+20 CHR+20 Magic Accuracy+15 Evasion+10 "Magic Def. Bonus"+1 Magic Evasion+43 Haste+5%

so...............................
 Asura.Psylo
Server: Asura
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2013-08-06 00:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

O_o

Where ? how ?

!!!
[+]
By Alpheus 2013-08-06 00:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Skirmish II not implemented yet till the end of the month. Should be in the update notes I think with regards to that shield.
 Odin.Boleslaus
Server: Odin
user: boleslaus
By Odin.Boleslaus 2013-08-06 01:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

i believe that shield you'll get nq with next log in campaign then some how u can upgrade it to hq it actually states it in part of the update release. where exactly idk will look and post it when i find it
 Odin.Boleslaus
Server: Odin
user: boleslaus
By Odin.Boleslaus 2013-08-06 01:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/39776/august-5-2013-version-update/4/
 Asura.Ryndo
user: Zarrox
By Asura.Ryndo 2013-08-06 01:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

...Anyone else excited for BLU with that shunedek stuff... it looks like it was made for BLU...
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2013-08-08 13:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think anything here is worth wearing over mikinaak or mani gears for tp or ws. Unless there is?
 Lakshmi.Watusa
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-08-08 13:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
I don't think anything here is worth wearing over mikinaak or mani gears for tp or ws. Unless there is?

Shunedek Chapeau is an awesome TP & Shijin piece for MNK to get capped haste wearing a Windbuffet Belt for those who don't have Whirlpool/WKR head.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-08-08 13:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »

Bayld gear options = able to make bayld but hate or dont get to delve enough for plasm to get delve armor+pump it up full of airlixirs.

Bayld gear is about as casual/linkshell-less as it gets when it comes to gear progress since anyone that uses imprimaturs/quests +spams ceizak reives can eventually get it.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-08-08 13:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ryndo said: »
...Anyone else excited for BLU with that shunedek stuff... it looks like it was made for BLU...

Some of it is very good however BLU attack dmg is still kinda fimped at the minute so we still need the bonus to spells before it's gunna be HUGE!
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-08-08 13:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hsieh said: »
Valefor.Omnys said: »
Lakshmi.Teiei said: »
Looks like mages get screwed over yet again with no refresh. So I suppose they'd rather us keep using pre level 100 gear just to have enough MP to cast a spell. At this point every freaking piece should have at least refresh +1 on it.

You're not the only ones. The only change to my Paladin -DT% kits has been because of Buremte Gloves. 3% on Miki body is laughable and 3% on the new boots doesn't beat phorcys.

SCH stun sets with haste and magic accuracy on head is the best option available, from this new gear, beats Xux hat.

Xux Hat[Head] All Races
DEF:45 MP+70 MND+13 Magic Accuracy+15 Haste+5%
LV 99 WHM BLM RDM BRD SMN SCH GEO

Wehzeh Corona
DEF:60 HP+21 MP+35
INT+17 MND+17 CHR+17
Magic Accuracy+10
Evasion+10 Magic Evasion+43
Haste+5%

5 less magic accuracy but you gain 17 INT 17 CHR and 4 MND, also making this a potent enfeebling piece as well. This is an upgrade whether you apreciate it or not! Not to mention if it's Bayld bought rather than Wildskeeper reive, it's an easily obtainable item.

And I mean it's not like there's tons of SCH's with perfect stun sets.
These are the stats on Xux hat:
DEF:61 HP+11 MP+70 STR+11 DEX+11 VIT+11 AGI+11 INT+20 MND+20 CHR+20 Magic Accuracy+15 Evasion+10 "Magic Def. Bonus"+1 Magic Evasion+43 Haste+5%

so...............................

Yeah I saw the new stats. I retract my original statement, I had not realised this was included in the update.
 Asura.Ryndo
By Asura.Ryndo 2013-08-08 14:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ryndo said: »

Some of it is very good however BLU attack dmg is still kinda fimped at the minute so we still need the bonus to spells before it's gunna be HUGE!

And then we'll reclaim our place at the top!
By isfas 2013-08-10 12:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm hoping to use the Shunedek set for a nice SS build for my MNK... I'm currently kinda gimpy geared cause I just started playing again a few months ago.. I have a few good pieces of equipment but I feel like this set will kind of bridge the gap till I can get the better equipment.. Along with Tantra hose +2 I should be close or at haste cap.. would that set be a viable option for TP until I can get thaumas and what not?... or should I just stick with my ocelemeh for that? Also I heard it'll probably be released sometime next week, can anyone verify that as well?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-08-10 12:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shneddick gear will become available as Peacekeepers coalition ranks up, so at least two pieces will pop tomorrow after jp midnight.
By isfas 2013-08-10 15:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh okay thank you very much! Also any advice on some quick fixes to get me as close to possible to being "delve" ready ? I mean I don't mind putting in the time to get AF3 +2 but I hate the fact that I need to rely on everyone else to do stuff for me... So if this puts me close to being able to be at least respectable in plasm farming scenarios and maybe the lower tier delve monsters the I'll be extremely excited lol
By Chyula 2013-08-10 15:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Upheavel is so happy with those new gears.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-08-10 16:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Does anyone have a list of every item that SE changed with this update?

As far as I know, all of the gear that got upgraded, as well as the new gear, is posted here :BG Wiki August New/Updated Items

The only item that isn't showing the new adjustments is Xux Trousers. They were updated, just not showing on the NA client. It is said to actually have:
Xux Trousers
DEF:72 HP+15
STR+15 VIT+8 AGI+15 INT+16 MND+9 CHR+6
Accuracy+10 Attack+10
Evasion+11 Magic Evasion+40 Magic Defense+1
Haste+7%
By Darkforce 2013-08-10 17:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So for the new Bayld Armor at the Peacekeeper's Coalition, Adoulinian flag gives Traditional Armor III, Main Terrace gives Traditional Armor IV, and Bay Roof gives Traditional Armor V. (as well as each ones respective Ionis bonus buff) Do we know what the difference between the tier3-5 armor choices will be? Or will we have to wait until Sunday's conquest tally?
i.e. is tier3 armor the feet for the 3 new sets, tier4 armor the hands/legs, and tier5 the head/body? (or something like that?)
Thanks~
 Asura.Alucardr
By Asura.Alucardr 2013-08-11 06:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

So in order for those new Bayld gear to show up on npc we have to vote when finishing a coalition task?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-08-11 06:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

We don't know which ranks corresponds to which slot, but the 3 previous bayld sets were the same, as different ranks unlocked different slots. That's why I said at least 2, don't expect the full sets yet, it will take 2 more weeks.
By Darkforce 2013-08-11 10:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe the Adoulinian Flag was voted for on my server, and we now have the new bayld hands and feet. (and that was Traditional Armor tierIII, iirc)
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2013-08-11 10:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

what are the augments?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2013-08-11 10:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Appearently it's just mp/hp as with the old sets.
Lame >.>

I can't find anything interesting to get :(
By Darkforce 2013-08-11 10:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
what are the augments?
It looks like just HP/MP from what I see. I only bought the new weatherspoon spouliers (mage feet) and I just got a +45 MP augment on them (using coalition grease). So :P
 Lakshmi.Tanama
user: JDvasquez
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2013-08-11 10:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Darkforce 2013-08-11 11:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

^what Tanama said.
 Asura.Ryndo
By Asura.Ryndo 2013-08-13 04:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Deez damn shneddick tights need to be available.... how do we do this? ._.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-08-13 04:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

They won't be available for 1-2 weeks because Peacekeepers won't rank up again until Sunday. Only thing you can do to help is do a bunch of peacekeeper missions.

I assume that Traditional Armor IV will be Head/Legs and V will be Bodies.