Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » armour shatterer
armour shatterer
By Puppetmaster 2013-05-30 12:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

With Alternator, I managed to easily solo 6/6 of "Waking the Beast" avatar quests with Sharpshot (use the steamjacket attachment). It seems Alternator gives a large amount of elemental resistance or magic evasion, because nukes are doing pretty low damage that can't be explained by the INT+70 (since these avatars are lower level, it's pretty easy for the puppet to completely resist all astral flows and nukes) and with combination with Steam Jacket, the 6 elementals and the avatar constantly spamming nukes do piddly damage and you can keep it alive indefinitely with repair/role reversal.

Unfortunately, I got Carbuncle Prime to 33% after killing all 6 of the avatars it spawned (easily), but the 5 carbies all had hate on me once they spawned, and instantly used Searing Light. I couldn't get my automaton to have hate on all 5 carbies quickly enough to survive, so it seems that part is impossible (unless there's some crazy strategy to survive the 800+ damage searing lights which you'll be bombarded with while attempting to get the puppet to tank all 5 again, in which case enlighten me)
 Asura.Slugman
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Sluggo
By Asura.Slugman 2013-05-30 12:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ventriloquy?
By Puppetmaster 2013-05-30 13:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

That will only work on one.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-30 13:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Puppetmaster said: »
That will only work on one.

Could die out of aggro range and reraise and then assault it maybe?
By Puppetmaster 2013-05-30 14:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried that, the second you get within Deploy range, all 5 carbuncles are once again on you spamming Searing Light :(
 Asura.Slugman
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Sluggo
By Asura.Slugman 2013-05-30 14:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably instant cast, but hermes quencher, run in deploy, run like hell? Grabbing at straws now.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-30 14:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Puppetmaster said: »
I tried that, the second you get within Deploy range, all 5 carbuncles are once again on you spamming Searing Light :(

Ouch sounds like have to have a friend or 2 for shell, and maybe light carol. Maybe even just /run for 2 light resist runes....
By nyheen 2013-05-31 13:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

that Waking the Beast sounds interesting. was thinking about giving that a try with pup