rune fencer solos
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2014-05-03 19:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I hadn't even thought about soloing Ark Angels til I saw this thread, so I tried out TT. My first try I beat him no problems, but 2nd and 3rd attempts I got unlucky at different points and died. :/ First time was just bad timing getting petrified, where just after it wore off he smacked me with Guillotine. 2nd time, he got way too smart during Manafont and did Sleepga -> Meteor 3 times in a row. Pretty fun all the same, though.
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2014-05-06 21:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I start slamming Lux when I see Sleepga. Even if I don't resist sleep, it knocks Meteor's damage way down.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2014-05-06 23:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I figured next time I'll eat a Pachira fruit when I see Manafont go off and just run from Meteor.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-05-07 16:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Meteor isn't elemental; not only does it say so in the player version of the spell (though some spells/abilities are different from monster versions), but just for kicks I tested Liement against it with all runes. Your best bets for handling the Taru's Manafont Meteor is to either 1) have poison or other DoT going, 2) have a Frenzy Sallet, 3) use either Elemental Sforzo/Odyllic Subterfuge/One For All. Using Subterfuge will allow you to resist his Sleepga's and take maybe 70 damage from Meteor, while still swinging at him during his casting.
[+]
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2014-05-10 06:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Subterfuge is the way to go. It was brought to my attention some years ago that there are two versions of Meteor, one that is dark damage and the later added player version that is non-elemental. He probably has the latter or that theory is just bunk, but I might recommend trying Liement at a King Behemoth or something as well.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2014-05-10 06:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hadn't even thought of Subterfuge, that sounds like a great idea.

EDIT: Tried out the Subterfuge method, and it works really well. Gotta be careful though, as it may not last the full duration of his Manafont, though it's pretty close.
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-06-02 11:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't a solo per se, but thought I'd post it here.

Ark Angel EV is a very easy tank job on RUN. I did EV on Normal with a group consisting of RUN/BLU (me), THF RNG RNG BRD WHM

I used the THF to help pin hate on me a little bit. I kept up Tenebrae x3, Phalanx, Cocoon, Refueling (haste) and Aquaveil.

Use Battuta anytime it's up, and keep up Phalanx & Cocoon as best you can. For extra security, use a Tavnazian Taco and equip as much -DT and -PDT you can. Your DEF should be hovering around 1600. EV melee will hit you (assuming she can hit you and not get parried) for less than 60 dmg each. And as long as you keep up x3 Tenebrae along with Vallation/Valiance you'll be fine. Arrogance Incarnate AT MOST will do 1.1k dmg, which can be immediately cured up by the WHM. EV's other WS (I forget name) will do around 300-350 dmg but I found that as RUN I evaded that WS a lot which I thought was strange but cool.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2014-06-02 13:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

That really isn't showing much, normal can be trioed with extreme ease regardless of jobs. Don't see how this is thread relevant at all.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-06-02 13:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
That really isn't showing much, normal can be trioed with extreme ease regardless of jobs. Don't see how this is thread relevant at all.

It's mainly because all the shouts I see on my server for AA EV ask for Aegis PLD only. And when I offer my RUN I get laughed at.

Thanks for being a party pooper. But, if it'll make you happy I'll tank EV on difficult just for you.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2014-06-02 13:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Aegis PLD? It doesn't even help on that fight besides banish/holy. If you only have 1 shield to use, ochain would be far better to stop all the stun spam. Nearly any job could tank EV with proper support, RUN isn't anything special for it.
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-06-02 13:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Nearly any job you say? That's interesting. I'd love to see a video of that sometime.
By darthmaull 2014-06-02 19:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't listen to that BS Siviard. That guy is a troll. Any job cannot just tank them.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2014-06-02 19:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What?lol
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-06-02 19:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry but he is right, Normal mode is nothing man... We did that with a bunch of DD and no tank at all. If you tank VD on it then that is pretty cool, otherwise Normal is no big deal. You are better of with all DD instead of PLD or RUN.
[+]
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-06-02 20:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
We did that with a bunch of DD and no tank at all.

Seconded. For normal only obviously to get our DM clears.
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-06-02 23:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh look, it's Troll backup! lol

For real though, I'd love to see a video of that. It's probably MNK/RUN most likely but if "any job can tank EV" then fine, I'd love to see a BLM tank it.

Before you say anything, you did say "any job".
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2014-06-03 00:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I soloed Bubbly Bernie. I am so hardcore
[+]
 Leviathan.Kaparu
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-06-03 00:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
Oh look, it's Troll backup! lol

For real though, I'd love to see a video of that. It's probably MNK/RUN most likely but if "any job can tank EV" then fine, I'd love to see a BLM tank it.

Before you say anything, you did say "any job".

BLM could absolutely "tank" normal EV, lol. Hold hate? Probably not. Survive? Easily.

Nobody's trolling you, you're just out of touch with how trivial these are below VD
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2014-06-03 01:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Any one of these on normal mode is a joke... It's clear the run fanboys think the job is far greater than it actually is.

Its a decent job but calm down its not awesome.

Now would it awesome with its mythic equivalent? Yes... Its a a huge boon to the job with the pdtII effect.

But any way grats on the solos so far.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-06-03 02:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Drama is a troll though ;3

Like, any job cannot just tank them.

laf
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-03 02:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

just solo'd AA EV Normal today on BST, what kind of god am I
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-06-03 02:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

more impressed @ 10,000th ffxiah post tbh

;p
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-03 02:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

god damn it that's the worst 10,000th post ever
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2014-06-11 12:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Man I had the most *** loss soloing Ark Angel TT. Had him at 2%, Barstone and Barpetrify wear, I'm like "eh, I'll kill him before he uses Amon Drive again." I get him to 1%. Then he literally does Spinning Scythe -> Amon Drive back to back, followed immediately by Thundaga III then Firaga III. But I had Reraise and 100 TP, so I get up, throw up Utsusemi.... and it wouldn't let me engage. And he used Guillotine. -.-
 Ragnarok.Drewbles
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tedril
By Ragnarok.Drewbles 2014-06-11 12:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It's honestly just shiva guys, when I was on shiva people
Were like oh are you sure you wanna difficult it's hard! Pld and rngs onry bc dds die! Now that I'm on ragnarok the world is flipped upside down with people doing difficult and vd dm2 shout groups! So to siviard it's just perspective.
 Shiva.Ahleah
user: Ahleah
By Shiva.Ahleah 2014-06-12 16:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the point Siviard was trying to make got lost in the "difficulty" of the fight.

He was stating his RUN could tank EV while solely mitigating Arrogance Incarnate's damage to a max of 1.1k damage. This is assuming all other PT members are using ranged damage, such as RNG/COR/SMN, or are mages, thus not taking any damage from EV during the fight.

I've seen DDs eat over 3k from that TP move (since it's mechanic is similar to 1000-needles in that damage is split among targets in some manner of conal/circular division, and dealt in some form of magic or breath based damage type? idk im always rng w).
 Phoenix.Skyfire
user: nightkidz
By Phoenix.Skyfire 2014-06-13 19:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Any DD can tank EV Normal with proper gearing. Usually its just bouncing hate between the 3-4 DD anyway.

Rune Fencer does make killing EV easier on D and VD with a melee/nin strat. Instant casting Utsusemi with recast of like 5-7 makes it mostly a joke. Main problem usually faced on EV is the frequency of Dominion Slash being used. With melee on it Arrogance Incarnate is not much of a threat.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [118 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Skyfire
user: nightkidz
By Phoenix.Skyfire 2014-10-09 23:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Well no one has posted here in awhile, but the new Avatar fights can be soloed on Easy, as Rune. Not the greatest accomplishment, but it is something!
[+]
 Leviathan.Tsoi
user: Tsoi
By Leviathan.Tsoi 2014-10-30 07:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

How did the solo for the Avatars go? /nin?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-10-30 07:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Had no issues at with Shiva on Easy as /SAM. Tried it on Normal with /SAM first though, and ran into trouble when Ice Spikes paralyzed me just as I was about to put up Valiance, but I did get her down to around 50%. Definitely a possibility, I may try again /NIN, though I think I'd have a BRD Troubadour some buffs before entering to prevent any risk of timing out.