Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
First Page 2 3 ... 79 80 81 ... 130 131 132
 Asura.Raitoken
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2015-04-27 00:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious for the TP set if Kyujutsugi is viable for the body slot. I see how 27 acc can be nice but IMO 7 less acc for 20 ratk seems like a fair tradeoff. Unless there is something I'm missing? Just wondering your guys thoughts on this. Also has a little more STP as well incase you cant get a good roll on the cape.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-04-27 01:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Amini Caban +1 Velocity Shot+7 gives 7% Ranged Attack bonus, which is a lot. Kyu is good if you need the sTP, but overall, Amini wins.
 Lakshmi.Kingofbastok
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kingofbastok 2015-04-27 01:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Raitoken said: »
Curious for the TP set if Kyujutsugi is viable for the body slot. I see how 27 acc can be nice but IMO 7 less acc for 20 ratk seems like a fair tradeoff. Unless there is something I'm missing? Just wondering your guys thoughts on this. Also has a little more STP as well incase you cant get a good roll on the cape.

The empy body also adds ratk when you have Velocity Shot up as part of the Velocity Shot Bonus. I think the old +2 body gave like +20 or +25 ratk, so it's a decent bonus.
 Bismarck.Hellsangelz
By Bismarck.Hellsangelz 2015-04-27 01:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

So Amini Body +1 is 7% Snapshot?

And does the Velocity Shot JA count towards Snapshot Cap?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-04-27 02:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hellsangelz said: »

No idea if Velocity Shot count towards the Snapshot cap. And the Velocity Shot +7 that I was referring to was the hidden boost to ranged attack, not the delay reduction.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-04-27 08:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hellsangelz said: »

Yes VS counts towards that cap. Matsui posted that Snapshot values were all treated the same, and you couldn't go past the 70 cap.

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
At that point you would want to fill all other slots with rapid shot gear? So perhaps full amini +1 set and ponente sash?

There's a thread on BG where they tested this, but nothing was really ever concluded. It looked like adding rapid shot after you're at delay cap didn't do anything. http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/116145-Ranged-Delay-Snapshot-and-Stuff/page4

But then Matsui relayed this info.
Quote:
Snapshot (3/12)

As players have mentioned, the cap on Snapshot is not easy to determine, so we asked the dev team.
The upper limit, including buffs from magic, abilities, and equipment, is 70. The trait Rapid Shot is counted separately.

And then this.
Quote:
Snapshot (3/13)

Unlike Haste, there is no cap on individual categories of Snapshot such as equipment, magic, ability etc. There is only a simple overall cap of 70%.
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-04-27 09:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I figure put rapid shot in the slots you can spare it for, can't hurt anything if you're using gearswap. With that being said though the potential difference between 13 snapshot from amini head and haverton ring or 26% is pretty big, so I'd like to make sure I am hitting snapshot cap. ><
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-04-27 09:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I figure put rapid shot in the slots you can spare it for, can't hurt anything if you're using gearswap. With that being said though the potential difference between 13 snapshot from amini head and haverton ring or 26% is pretty big, so I'd like to make sure I am hitting snapshot cap. ><

If Flurry is anything like Haste, then GS won't be able to tell if you've got Flurry I or II on you. Resources shows buffactive[265] and buffactive[581] though, so maybe there's hope.

I would gear yourself under the assumption +5 snapshot = 5% delay reduction, not 10%. The only reason people assumed it was 1:2 ratio is the description of the merit category, plus Byrth's test on Iuitl Wristbands showed 8-10% delay reduction. SE came out with Iuitl+1 with Snapshot+5 on them, and assumptions were made.

Byrth posted that he used a less accurate testing method and he didn't trust the results, so I don't see any reason to assume Iuitl wristbands are anything but 5% delay reduction.
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-04-27 11:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, so we don't think 2:1 anymore. That will make things much simpler!
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-04-27 12:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, so we don't think 2:1 anymore. That will make things much simpler!

Well, I don't :P

I'd also rather assume the worst, until proven otherwise. Too much snapshot isn't such a bad thing, where having too little is.
 Bismarck.Hellsangelz
By Bismarck.Hellsangelz 2015-04-27 14:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still confused. From the best of our knowledge, should we be gearing for 70% Snapshot, or 35% Snapshot?
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-04-27 14:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

back when the only source of rapid shot was af1 hat and native trait of rng15, back when we had zero snap shot until wotg; like kirin days, rapid shot was definitely variable. Very noticeable on weapons like hellfire with 0 snapshot. Sometimes it reduced almost all delay, sometimes half.

10 (merits) + 22 (velocity and caban +1) + 40 (4/5 taeon) +6 (haverton) + 3 (impulse) = 81 is possible in gear alone.

If we assume flurry is 15 (havn't found any values), and if you bring rngs to an event theres no reason why a support can't /rdm and flurry them, then you can switch out 26 worth of snapshot gear for more rapid. Although I'm not sure how much a difference rapid really makes when you're already capped snapshot, but it may help when using weapons like alluvion and tenzen bows.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
user: Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-04-27 14:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If gear that you have has snapshot, there's no negative in wearing it. It's not like over-hasting, there's nothing better you can put in slot anyway.

Just don't go out of your way to obtain augments... and you'll be fine... (yeah right logic... ha...).

As with all things the phrase that pays is this: "The only thing square is consistent about is their inconsistency."

Shooting, takes "random" amounts of time/frames it's never the same twice, it always varies by fractions of a second so you can never get a proper answer. Only vague ideas.
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-04-27 14:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I think of snapshot like haste whereas rapid shot is like a hybrid of quick magic and conserve mp. It's like quick magic in that it has a chance to proc or not proc. Once it procs then it acts like conserve mp in that it reduces delay by a somewhat variable amount determined by rng. Just like quick magic doesn't really mean that you can instantly cast again (animation lock) there are parts to a ranged attack that will never go away. If it were possible to force rapid shot on 100% of your shots then I think it would be worth gearing toward that over snapshot. I don't think there's enough rapid shot gear out there to make that worthwhile though.

As far as snapshot - the total cap is 70% and that includes merits (10%), gear, buffs (15% for flurry 1 or 30% for flurry 2), and job abilities (supposedly 22% w/ amini +1 - unless BG is wrong about that too). There's no magic number to gear for there, you need to calculate what you're getting and then compensate for the rest by gear. I usually dual box a geo who is /rdm so I am assuming that I will always have flurry 1. If you don't run with a rdm or /rdm constantly it might be best to have 2 different snapshot sets (assuming there was something else you wanted to put in any of the slots).
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-04-27 15:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I think of snapshot like haste whereas rapid shot is like a hybrid of quick magic and conserve mp. It's like quick magic in that it has a chance to proc or not proc. Once it procs then it acts like conserve mp in that it reduces delay by a somewhat variable amount determined by rng. Just like quick magic doesn't really mean that you can instantly cast again (animation lock) there are parts to a ranged attack that will never go away. If it were possible to force rapid shot on 100% of your shots then I think it would be worth gearing toward that over snapshot. I don't think there's enough rapid shot gear out there to make that worthwhile though.

As far as snapshot - the total cap is 70% and that includes merits (10%), gear, buffs (15% for flurry 1 or 30% for flurry 2), and job abilities (supposedly 22% w/ amini +1 - unless BG is wrong about that too). There's no magic number to gear for there, you need to calculate what you're getting and then compensate for the rest by gear. I usually dual box a geo who is /rdm so I am assuming that I will always have flurry 1. If you don't run with a rdm or /rdm constantly it might be best to have 2 different snapshot sets (assuming there was something else you wanted to put in any of the slots).

This is as close to a correct description to Snapshot as I have seen. Almost everyone believed Snapshot +X actually gave double the X value, due to the 2:1 ratio in merits, and even got mad and reported error reports when gear didn't fit this mold, and kept asking "Did SE fix Arc Braccae +1 yet?"

The one unknown variable to the Snapshot +70 cap is whether or not Velocity Shot is part of that equation as well, or if it factored in before Snapshot.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-05-01 11:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
I really feel that Tummie's post should either be added to the main node, or made into a full guide though I know how much work that can be. Some of the other job guides have been being remade with skirmish gear, so I don't see why not this one!

I have a question, is that 10% crit damage dagger really better than all other options? Even if you choose to go a different subjob and duel wield? A 1000 dmg hit with that dagger is an additional 100 dmg, which is yah good but...

Some main/sub weapons I wonder on their usefulness:
Perun +1
hurlbat
antican axe
aluh jambiya
heart snatcher
kidney dagger
Jupiter's staff

In just thinking about it with not math it seems yah the 10% crit dmg is huge and fencer is better than any offhand choice.

What if you are dual wielding though and when does crit chance trump crit dmg? If crit dmg is really amazing would offhanding the Aluh Jambiya be better than using fencer?

Jupiter Staff, Heart Snatcher, and Kidney Dagger are useless. They only increase the Crit Rate for that weapon. Not off hand or ranged. The Aluh is goo for bow/JR spamming. Perun+1 one is great. Has sTP, and ranged stats as well.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-05-01 21:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

How much worse is a max STR/AGI+15 bow than DMG+ augments? Tossed a Dusktip+2 at the bow and got that, and since that would be tough to obtain again I don't wanna overwrite it if it's somewhat competitive with a high end DMG aug.
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-05-02 11:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

wow if that's true, that's some spaghetti code right there on SE's part...
 Bismarck.Marmite
user: innit
By Bismarck.Marmite 2015-05-02 12:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

1STR = 0.75 r.attack (also affects attack depending on melee weapon type) and 1AGI = 0.75 racc. You can check this with /checkparam using NQ ifrit/garuda rings.

I think the decimal places are truncated after adding up the attributes. i.e. +5 AGI ring would make 3 r.acc (3.75)

AGI also helps with ranged critical hit rate.

Edit: Sorry not sure that made sense... It adds up all the attributes, the + green figure from equipment menu, then truncates the decimal places so if you have +123 agi (mulitplied by 0.75) it would equal 92.25 r.acc , but truncate it to 92.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Tummie
user: Tummie
By Lakshmi.Tummie 2015-05-04 15:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
I really feel that Tummie's post should either be added to the main node, or made into a full guide though I know how much work that can be. Some of the other job guides have been being remade with skirmish gear, so I don't see why not this one!

Check the node on the previous page. I've made some adjustments so that it is more of a complete guide. I have much more to add including skirmish sets and sets for those who have just come back. I also need to add in Job Points and make some formatting changes, but I can post it on the main forum as a 2.0 guide.
[+]
By Zillion 2015-05-05 15:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

so im guessing that the weaponskill acc augment on taeon pieces doesnt apply to ranged weaponskills?
By geigei 2015-05-11 13:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Best hands for tp gun is taeon?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-05-11 13:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Best hands for tp gun is taeon?

Depends. While the augmented stats seem to be better in just that slot, the Store TP +9 on Amini Glovettes +1 could allow you to adjust your gear in other slots, dropping what was previously needed sTP, changing it to R.Acc or R.Atk. For example, if you always needed to use Kyujutsugi to maintain your 4-hit build, switching to Amini Glovettes +1 would allow you use Amini Caban +1 also.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Tummie
user: Tummie
By Lakshmi.Tummie 2015-05-11 18:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a quick update: I am holding off on adding more sets until the Rhapsodies hits since we should be getting new gear/weapons.
 Bismarck.Hellsangelz
By Bismarck.Hellsangelz 2015-05-11 22:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Zillion said: »
so im guessing that the weaponskill acc augment on taeon pieces doesnt apply to ranged weaponskills?

Would this also apply to Acro that is augmented for Namas?
By geigei 2015-05-12 01:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone got dmg augm on doomsday? i went through several duskslit nq +1 +2 and no luck, is it dusktip?
First Page 2 3 ... 79 80 81 ... 130 131 132