First Page 2 3 ... 57 58 59 ... 130 131 132
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2014-06-22 15:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »
anyone notice a lower recycle proc rate? trying to figure out if i was just realllly unlucky or not

haven't played much since thursday, but I felt like it was ninja nerfed, myself.
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-06-22 15:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll parse some recycle in a few hours if I'm going RNG to event tonight.
 Bismarck.Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-06-22 18:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Screwed up first run because didn't change WS set to include Arcadian. Will change for next, but for what it's worth:

At the end of first 5 :
117 normal shots, 40 WS, 22 bullets used

For boss:
37 shots, 14 WS, 9 bullets used.

After scavenge lost a total of 6 bullets. So seems fine to me, but will use Arcadian in WS next runs to get actual recycle rate.

Edit - Run 2:

First 4 bosses. Took out Azeman because I thought it would be good to not Barrage for this sake.
90 shots, 30WS, 18 bullets used

For boss, used barrage:
46 shots, 19 WS, 9 Bullets

So came out to exactly 85% rate on first 4, using hat in WS. And 86.15% for final boss only, when using barrage.

This is with hat/merits only.

Edit Again! - Run 3:
First 5, no barrage again
144 shots, 38 WS, 20 used
Boss only
88 shots, 30 WS, 12 used

90% for both. Seems fine as far as this data's concerned.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jezard
user: Dre
By Bahamut.Jezard 2014-06-22 22:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems they ninja broke and fixed it. Everything seems normal now but after update I was burning through ammo. I was getting back like 40+ from scavenge from a single DM run. Doing some VD battles tonight I was only getting back a few bullets so its seems fixed now.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-06-22 22:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you guys using bounty shot at all?

Bounty Shot and Shadowbind can expend bullets and you can not get those back with Scavenge. Came across that when they buffed up Bounty Shot when Orion Socks +1 was released. I kept thinking they were broken until I discovered the aforementioned.
 Bahamut.Jezard
user: Dre
By Bahamut.Jezard 2014-06-23 00:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends but most the time we have a thf in for DM runs so I don't bounty shot.
By Heimdel 2014-06-23 16:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Was doing some digging on jp websites for exact numbers for Smoldering Salisbury Steakand the charred Salisbury steak and this is what I came up with. Thought might be of interest.

NQ HP +30 STR +7 INT -5 attack power +20% (maximum: 160) Ranged Attack +20% (maximum: 160) Dragon killer +5

HQ 240 minutes HP +32 STR +8 INT -6 Attack Power +22% (maximum: 165) Ranged Attack +22% (maximum: 165) Dragon killer +6
By fractalvoid 2014-06-23 17:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought these had -sTP as well, making them a not-so-attractive option (though I very well could be wrong - I haven't bothered testing this food, let alone trying it)
By Heimdel 2014-06-23 17:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

fractalvoid said: »
I thought these had -sTP as well, making them a not-so-attractive option (though I very well could be wrong - I haven't bothered testing this food, let alone trying it)

Ya that is why I went searching around jp sites. The NA ones had varying listings for what the stats actually were. I couldn't figure out why they were so popular with the jp player base going by NA listings.

Edit: fractalvoid tested it. They do not have -stp on them.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2014-06-27 16:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I've tried looking around for sets but haven't had much luck. Does a Trueflight set look similar to a Wildfire set? i.e. swap in MAB where applicable (earrings, ring, back, chatoyant) and then load agi else where? Or would AGI work better for trueflight due to the 100% agi mod whereas WF is 60%?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-06-27 16:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
I've tried looking around for sets but haven't had much luck. Does a Trueflight set look similar to a Wildfire set? i.e. swap in MAB where applicable (earrings, ring, back, chatoyant) and then load agi else where? Or would AGI work better for trueflight due to the 100% agi mod whereas WF is 60%?

Correct. I use my Wildfire build. I was getting a couple hundred more damage than Wildfire at 1000tp, around 6000ish at 2000tp, and 9000+ at 3000tp. Not all that great, but still something.
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2014-06-28 23:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So.. is Atoyoc ahead of prester, as far as Coronach goes? tried to spreadsheet it, said prester was better, however I've not really played with spreadsheet that much and coulda messed something up.
By fractalvoid 2014-06-28 23:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Since no one has sufficiently answered the question that I have seen, I just got the stupid thing and ran my own quick test.

119 Anni 10 yalms Rabbit, No Velocity shot;

Just Anni; 6073
Hurlbat; 6111
Prester; 6270
Atoyac; 6309

So, that's what I wanted to know, Aotyac with WSD 2% is better than Prester, -and- you get to actually use fencer, so the dps on tp phase should be decently ahead of Prester. (I HAVE NO CLUE how to math out the dps for the tp phase). 5% more crit rate, and 40% tp bonus for last stand if you have it, I don't.

((Mithra, rng/war 15 str merits 15 dex merits 7 agi merits 8 marks merits)) In case anyone wondered.

Not sure if this sufficiently answers your question
By Xijaah 2014-06-29 06:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

as one who is approaching now to the job, is there any usefulness in getting AF3 for ranger at this current state?
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-06-29 06:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You should be using the af3+2 body and head in your preshot set and legs and hands are nice if you need the STP for a x hit set if you hit acc cap without them
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-06-29 11:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have access to Excel right now, but for Jishnu's, I would think that Atoyac's DEX+12/WSD+2% would beat R15 Aphotic's +16 STR?
 Bismarck.Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-06-29 14:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Greyfawkz said: »
So.. is Atoyoc ahead of prester, as far as Coronach goes? tried to spreadsheet it, said prester was better, however I've not really played with spreadsheet that much and coulda messed something up.

I have Atoyac coming ahead on both extremes(Trivial Fodder, and Tojil)..and don't really care to check anything inbetween as it should all be the same conclusion. Likely because of the double dip in WSC for Coronach.

Add in Atoyac offers : Fencer if you are /WAR(easy to 3-hit now if you have a COR), works on your Last Stands unlike Prester, and offers you an OAT option should you wish to melee for TP on more trivial content.

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
I would think that Atoyac's DEX+12/WSD+2% would beat R15 Aphotic's +16 STR?

Looks to win for WS, but may give you a very slightly weaker overall TP phase(depending on fSTR2 value..gun usually doesn't run into this issue as much as bow). I'd say make the swap, though.
[+]
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2014-06-29 19:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

what rolls are you having cors do now? we usually do choas/courser for marjami
By Zoltar 2014-06-29 19:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry but I can't see how Atoyac beats R15 Aphotic. People like me who originally thought tons of DEX made for a great JR build were crushed in parses when you go against people like Greyfawkz who puts tons of STR in his builds and ALWAYS comes out on top.

Grey, you tested your Atoyac out lately? I saw your ws dmg aug but forget the other...how's it working?
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2014-06-29 19:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

jishnu's is 80% dex mod now, the agi rasies crit chance by whatever, and 2% wsd. can stack str on everything else but atoyac is really close if not better vs. aphotic. And after all of that, just use a gun.
[+]
 Bismarck.Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-06-29 19:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, stacking STR is(was? haven't really cared to try out different sets since change to TP system) better for Jishnu. You're nowhere near capping fSTR2 on anything important that uses bow(even Delve 1.0 gun can barely hit it on mega boss with full buffs).

Atoyac will give stronger WS even at uncapped, somewhat high fSTR2(obviously would just crush it if by some miracle you were fSTR2 capped but that never happens on bow). It may give you a small drop in overall DPS if you're like...5 hitting a Yoichi. 4-hit on anything, including Yoichi or any easier to x-hit bows should at least even out the TP phase if not cause Atoyac to win overall.

Edit: Did more spreadsheeting so just taking this whole part out. Kind of like I said above..a high hit Yoichi is the only thing that even comes close to being even with Apothic. Switch to anything more reasonable(both in terms of hit build, or just any other 119 option) and it favors Atoyac much more heavily.

what rolls are you having cors do now? we usually do choas/courser for marjami

I still run 18 man content, so get the best of both worlds. Assuming SAM roll of 7 with new +5 ring, I think 3-hit is something like 42 STP in TP, 21 in WS with Arcadian or something. Don't know if new math on STP has been hammered out yet. Also not the most well versed in requirements for low-man Delve so not sure what the better setup is for rolls when only have 1 COR.
By Zoltar 2014-06-29 21:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of mobs would you use Atoyac on? SoA++ mobs and Delve fodder onry?

Wondering if with /war Hurlbat makes more sense for accuracy sake? Sorry, not knocking Atoyac, just still pessimistic lol
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-06-29 21:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

And after all of that, just use a gun.

Why would I do that, since I already have to carry 8/8 archery merits for samurai? Ranger is just something I do on occasion, lol.
By fractalvoid 2014-06-29 23:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoltar said: »
What kind of mobs would you use Atoyac on? SoA++ mobs and Delve fodder onry?

Wondering if with /war Hurlbat makes more sense for accuracy sake? Sorry, not knocking Atoyac, just still pessimistic lol

I've used it on delve 1 & 2 and DM2 difficult while staying within a standard deviation of capped acc. Granted you have COR & BRD (hopefully) for these 2 events, but I doubt you'd need a full acc set to accommodate it without buffs (or pot-au-feu/kohlrouladen/riverfin soup).

I used hurlbat offhand when /NIN for DM and still need to use mid-acc set for Mithra, but Atoyac gives more acc than Aphotic would, which is what I was using prior.

edit: also I did Marjami delve with just BRD and was still good on acc
 Bismarck.Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-06-29 23:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, anything you would use Apothic on can definitely be bettered by Atoyac. I still hold onto Hurlbat but have started full-timing Atoyac, but I also have 2 Preludes and Hunters Roll in all my events.

Unfortunately can't give any insight into VD AA or something until I actually do them, which may be a few days. I can say you should be alright on Delve 1.0 mega bosses even without any accuracy buffs with a pretty normal set, but someone else who runs lowman Delve 2.0 as RNG could probably give better insight as to what kind of accuracy problems they run into(since I've heard mixed reviews about bringing BRD+COR as opposed to just BRD).
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-06-29 23:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Its fine as main hand in Marjami delve. You won't have to add rng acc to compensate for anything... Outside of the obvious hate issue Yoichi + Jishnu's pops out Fudo like numbers in there.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-06-30 00:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Asura.Ackeronll said: »
Anyone try out Trueflight w/o a mythic? Wondering if it might be worth unlocking that WS.
Wasn't impressed for me. I used my WF build, and was only getting 3800-3900.

If you have an irrational hatred for umbrils its really great for obliterating those, I get up to 15k with 2k+ tp with this trueflight set
ItemSet 325389
other random targets up to 10k once you get into 2k-3k tp territory.
At 1k-1250 tp I was getting about 4200-4500 reliably.

Its got pretty niche use, really depends on the monster, some are pretty weak to it.

On the upside the ws ignores your base weapon+ammo so 115 xbow with OaT+STP+5 augment is fun for rapid tp gain and cheap trueflight spam for anything not DM/Delve boss.
For harder stuff or more reliable performance assuming you are shooting for tp, atoyac main+trilling is the best combo i've been able to come up with for the set when field testing.

My only real complaint with trueflight is that it has garbage skillchain properties so you cant self-light/dark with it if you are running around kraken rangering adoulin monsters for fast merits. Back to back wildfire spam at least makes darkness.
 Fenrir.Makado
Server: Fenrir
user: Makado
By Fenrir.Makado 2014-06-30 01:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone post me a tp set for Lionsquall gun and a ws set for last stand. Thanks in advance.
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-06-30 10:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So Im screwing around with the RNG DPS spreadsheet. Got a question in the stat categories there are lines for MSkill and ASkill yet on a ilvl weapon these are still 0 is that added somewhere else for stat vomit or do i have to put that in manually?

Also how much STP in TP and WS(Coronach/Last Stand) gear do you need for a 3/4 hit for Annihilator?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-06-30 10:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If you go to the gear lists tab, there is a special category called "combat" as ilvl skill is NOT true skill.

Actual skill is still zero, but the fake skill is accounted for, it's just not shown on the "gear" tab it's shown on the "gear lists" tab.
First Page 2 3 ... 57 58 59 ... 130 131 132