First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 130 131 132
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-04-05 20:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Feint said: »
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but Arcadian Jerkin has +5 double shot with snap shot merits. I understand that double shot doesn't decrease the delay but it does add overall dmg (it procs when equipped pre-shot).

I can't seem to get this to work in pre-shot at all(but definitely works in midshot)..seems weird to me that it would work in both, also.
 Lakshmi.Feint
Server: Lakshmi
user: feint2021
By Lakshmi.Feint 2014-04-05 21:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll verify this when i get home. Maybe my spellcast is screwed up.
By Guts007 2014-04-05 22:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I also ran a quick test 200 shots precast Arcadian Jerkin. Ws kills if mobs hp was too low to take 2 shots. Zero procs on DS.
Switched to midcast got a proc < 30 shots later.
 Bismarck.Keityan
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-04-05 23:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Inference said: »
I can't seem to get this to work in pre-shot at all(but definitely works in midshot)..seems weird to me that it would work in both, also.

I tested this before the iLevel stuff existed. Doubleshots only occur in midcast at that point.
 Lakshmi.Feint
Server: Lakshmi
user: feint2021
By Lakshmi.Feint 2014-04-06 01:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

ahh I see. My mistake.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2014-04-06 06:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I use the +1 hands for a lot of my ws sets for the higher str/agi as well as retaining some ratt(worth it). As for the other 2, some ppl think the body has its uses, but its a waste of gil. Feet arent worth the minor boon you recieve by using them over af+1(+2str +2agi +4ratt vs +16racc). They will only show some value if you're using them with namas/coro sets, but even then they are meh. Any multi-hit ws sets will be better off with af+1. If you were already going to upgrade the whole relic set to +1, Id say stick the feet into some ws sets, but if your money could go to better things you're not missing out on anything by skipping the feet.
 Bismarck.Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-04-06 14:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Pwnzone said: »
some ppl like to think the body has its uses, but its a waste of gil.

except for the part where its a substantial boost as long as you don't need the accuracy of other options. with all the other 119 options in slots, you probably don't.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2014-04-06 16:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

After considering i will not only lose the racc from the body slot, but also from the slot i have to switch to maintain my 4-hit for the 5% chance of a double shot, I dont use it for vd content or low-man delve(unless for some reason your rngs are needing x2 prelude & have hunters). Then again, im one of those rngs who can live with the racc difference between using pot/sushi for most situations, but losing an extra at least 30 acc(not to mention other stats) with pot up would show. I have the full arcadian +1 set, but i rarely find myself using my tp set with the body.
[+]
By Guts007 2014-04-07 07:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 322015
I've been using this set with racc food Hunter's roll and 2x prelude. I've been capped racc on all new delve content, both 6 and 12 man including Mega bosses.

If you use Arcadian Beret and Rajas ring in ws. This set will be an average of 3 hits after ws most of the time. You can also swap in Hurlbat axe if need more racc for low buffs.
 Siren.Froggis
Server: Siren
user: Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2014-04-07 19:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You talk about reaching the aiming delay cap. After doing a few 18 man runs with snap shot rolls and having most of the gear you've listed, I don't believe aiming delay caps that easily. My argument comes from RNGS overkill ability. When hitting overkill, the reduction to delay is very noticeable.

Also, If it is possible to hit the aiming delay cap without overkill, then snapshot would clearly win because a rapidshot set would be much more reliant on proccing to hit the cap.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but Arcadian Jerkin has +5 double shot with snap shot merits. I understand that double shot doesn't decrease the delay but it does add overall dmg (it procs when equipped pre-shot).

After reading the last couple pages it doesn't seem like we're any closer to finding out if snapshot > rapid shot. Personally I've working with a high rapid shot set and been having good results when playing against other RNGS.

I'm not claiming my set is superior but I'm doing really well on events like Marjami and DM VD.

Not to make a mindblowing statement, but Overkill likely bypasses the assumed aiming delay cap - either in a multiplicitve way or in an additive way to the point where you see nearly no aiming delay while under the effects of Overkill (edit: assuming you still use a precast set, which you can, which is why multiplicitave aka 90% total cap makes the most sense).
 Sylph.Washburn
Server: Sylph
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2014-04-07 20:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Froggis said: »
You talk about reaching the aiming delay cap. After doing a few 18 man runs with snap shot rolls and having most of the gear you've listed, I don't believe aiming delay caps that easily. My argument comes from RNGS overkill ability. When hitting overkill, the reduction to delay is very noticeable.

Also, If it is possible to hit the aiming delay cap without overkill, then snapshot would clearly win because a rapidshot set would be much more reliant on proccing to hit the cap.

After reading the last couple pages it doesn't seem like we're any closer to finding out if snapshot > rapid shot. Personally I've working with a high rapid shot set and been having good results when playing against other RNGS.

I'm not claiming my set is superior but I'm doing really well on events like Marjami and DM VD.

Not to make a mindblowing statement, but Overkill likely bypasses the assumed aiming delay cap - either in a multiplicitve way or in an additive way to the point where you see nearly no aiming delay while under the effects of Overkill (edit: assuming you still use a precast set, which you can, which is why multiplicitave aka 90% total cap makes the most sense).

Which is why i've been using all rapid shot gear while overkill is active. I also have seen end parses where ill shoot, say, 130 shots, and some random poop ranger will only shoot 70. It happens a lot, and if this is you, snapshot nor rapid shot will matter one bit. Every split second you waste equals delay.

The only way that youll get the full potential of either is to learn your character's animations and learn precisely when you can pull the trigger again. Sadly, overkill is so damn quick with rapid shot that sometimes youll get tripped up and the /ra macro won't fire off. Especially when using the rapid shot set.
[+]
 Sylph.Washburn
Server: Sylph
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2014-04-08 07:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Paste-in rapid shot sets for Gearswap when Overkill is active.
Code
Overkill_Set_Names = {'Normal','Acc'}
	sets.Overkill = {}
	sets.Overkill.Normal = {
		head="Orion Beret +1",
		neck="Ocachi gorget",
		ear1="Clearview Earring",
		ear2="Volley Earring",
		body="Arcadian Jerkin +1",
		hands="Arcadian bracers +1",
		ring1="Hajduk ring +1",
		ring2="Bellona's ring",
		back="Lutian cape",
		waist="Elanid Belt",
		legs="Entois Trousers",
		feet="Arcadian Socks +1"}

sets.Overkill.Acc = {
		head="Orion Beret +1",
		neck="Iqabi necklace",
		ear1="Clearview Earring",
		ear2="Volley Earring",
		body="Orion jerkin +1",
		hands="Sigyn's bazubands",
		ring1="Hajduk ring +1",
		ring2="Bellona's ring",
		back="Lutian cape",
		waist="Elanid Belt",
		legs="Entois Trousers",
		feet="Arcadian Socks +1"}

And
Code
function midcast(spell)
	if spell.name == "Ranged" then
		equip(sets.Midshot[Midshot_Set_Names[Midshot_Index]])
		if buffactive.Overkill then
			equip(sets.Overkill[Overkill_Set_Names[Overkill_Index]])
		end
	end
end

Lastly
Code
elseif command == 'overkill' then
		Overkill_Index = Overkill_Index +1
		if Overkill_Index > #Overkill_Set_Names then Overkill_Index = 1 end
		add_to_chat(207,'Overkill Set Changed to: '..Overkill_Set_Names[Overkill_Index]..'')
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2014-04-08 07:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Guts007 said: »
ItemSet 322015
I've been using this set with racc food Hunter's roll and 2x prelude. I've been capped racc on all new delve content, both 6 and 12 man including Mega bosses.

If you use Arcadian Beret and Rajas ring in ws. This set will be an average of 3 hits after ws most of the time. You can also swap in Hurlbat axe if need more racc for low buffs.

Using Marjami delve as an example, my rng parses at 90% racc using pot-au-feu on bad runs(good runs have hit 96%) with x1 prelude. Using sushi & x1 prelude, I havent dipped under 96% yet(This is all strictly on boss, others shouldnt be an issue). I cant justify wasting ratt for my ws/tp phase for another prelude that isnt needed, but I cant speak for all rngs. As I said, if you still need the acc after 1 prelude go for it & you can adjust your tp set accordingly.

Edit: Thanks washburn, for a while ive just been using my same tp/snapshot sets for overkill out of laziness or just not caring enough xD. Using a 1set rapid shot build instead of switching between 2 sets that doesnt make a difference will help a lot.
By Guts007 2014-04-08 12:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Could try Riverfin soup with food duration. Would give you more acc then sushi and more ratk then pot-au-feu.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-11 09:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I am a new RNG (it is at 63 at the moment) that I would like to get decently geared and respectable.

What should be the set I should look for that limits the amount of gear to carry around (in other words, just TP/WS sets, no real -DT or idle sets, I just don't have enough room).

I'm also thinking of building a relic for this job (I'm currently building a mythic for my WAR, and RNG crossbow doesn't look all that great imo) so which one should I go for, the bow or the gun?
By kenshynofshiva 2014-04-11 09:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The life long debate here but for me GUN is an easy choice hate free damage is just win.
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
Server: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2014-04-11 09:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you're planning on using yoichi for Sam, I recommend gun.
 Phoenix.Terasa
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Terasa 2014-04-11 09:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

can i get a current yoichi and crossbow gear sets please
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-11 09:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the gun do more damage or is it purely for the fact that it's hate-free?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Shaggnix
Server: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-04-11 09:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

gun if you want to win parses, bow if you want namas on sam, either is better than anything non relic due to low relic ws emnity.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-11 09:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Appreciate it!
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-11 10:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Ok, I am a new RNG (it is at 63 at the moment) that I would like to get decently geared and respectable.

What should be the set I should look for that limits the amount of gear to carry around (in other words, just TP/WS sets, no real -DT or idle sets, I just don't have enough room).

I'm also thinking of building a relic for this job (I'm currently building a mythic for my WAR, and RNG crossbow doesn't look all that great imo) so which one should I go for, the bow or the gun?

I'm building an Anni as well, although in my personal opinion, I really like the design of Yoichi better.

Have you obtained your Kyujutsugi yet?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-11 10:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

I'm building an Anni as well, although in my personal opinion, I really like the design of Yoichi better.

Have you obtained your Kyujutsugi yet?
Not yet, I technically just started last Sunday. Even though it was at 59 when I played RNG about 3 years ago trying to get it beefed out. I believe Abyssea happened which is why I stopped leveling RNG.

I do remember bird parties where I would Sidewinder the birdies at 50% health and watch it fall then. Always funny!

It was even better when people used the name of the WS on their macro, and I'm like "nope!" and hit my WS macro right then and there.

Edit: I do have the Ice Tiger Bow and Hurkan Bullet though. So it's not like I'm going to be completely useless as soon as I hit 99. Just no real gear for it atm.

Edit 2: I do have 5/5 RNG relic armor and 5/5 Emp +2 armor though...
 Bahamut.Cumulonimbus
Server: Bahamut
user: Strawberr
By Bahamut.Cumulonimbus 2014-04-11 13:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

is the snapshot from arcadian braccae fixed after this update? or stick with nahtirah still? didn't see it mentioned from update news
 Hades.Triet
Server: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2014-04-12 14:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious if anyone has a couple up-to-date high/mid/low tier gearsets for RNG? Racc, Damage, WS(Coronach/Trueflight/whatever else is used). Doesn't look like the front page has been updated with reforged AF/Relic?
 Bismarck.Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-04-12 15:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Coronach:
ItemSet 315681
Swaps : Arcadian Beret+1(if you're going for a 3hit build), Kyujutsugi, Orion Hands +1, Arcadian Legs +1, Orion Legs+1, Orion Feet +1. Probably won't notice too much of a damage drop using any of these swaps, just pick out what you have.

Standard TP :
ItemSet 315679
Can drop the rings if accuracy isn't an issue. Kyujutsugi or Orion +1 work as body slot swaps. On something like Delve 2.0 where attack is mostly uncapped but PDIF is still relatively high, going /WAR with a standard shooting setup will probably be more beneficial than going /SAM with a low hit build.

On something like VD DM where even with full buffs and Berserk you can't get out of the 0.9-1.1 PDIF slump(where in adding extra attack does not change your damage at all), then /SAM lowhit will probably perform better(since you should still be above 0.9 without Berserk).

Wildfire:
ItemSet 322306

Can swap relic +1/af +1 in most slots as you want...you probably won't notice much of a damage change on anything you use Wildfire on. If you're on RNG for Yorcia boss for some reason you can change mainhand to the Chatoyant Staff since your TP damage will be pretty ***.

Accuracy Swaps:
ItemSet 321091

Haven't looked at anything from the April update for this set but I don't think they added anything that would change this.
[+]
 Phoenix.Phillie
Server: Phoenix
user: Phillie
By Phoenix.Phillie 2014-04-13 11:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

i liked Hotsoups Anni build. now can i please get one for Yoichi and a crossbow please
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 130 131 132