By Quetzalcoatl.Zorik 2014-04-01 08:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flippant said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Zorik said: »
Ragnarok.Flippant said: »
Bismarck.Marmite said: »
Nahtirah for snapshot.

You get 2% of snapshot for every +1 snapshot. So Arcadian Legs +1 is 10%.

10% > 9%

Source? Because I can't find any way to conclude this between the known numbers and Byrth's testing.

If Iuitl Wristbands, Gastraphetes, Acinaces, Navarch's Mantle, and Navarch's Culottes are all in fact Snapshot +5, and Byrth's results for the first two are 10% and the last three are 6.5%, how can we reasonably say that 9% from the testing means the Snapshot on Natirah is +4.5? (And as Matix pointed out, there are no known numbers that are not whole, although that doesn't mean it's not possible.)

Furthermore, the only other item from Byrth's testing that was "determined" to be 9% (Commodore Gants +2) is actually Snapshot +7.

Please provide the information I am apparently missing that allows you to state, as a fact, that Nahtirah is less than Snapshot +5, or else kindly refrain from phrasing your personal assumptions as more than just that.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/119561-Random-Question-Does-snapshot-have-a-cap

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Sylvan_Caban_+2?utm_source=bg&utm_medium=forum&utm_campaign=wikify look at the description

This has been common knowledge for quite some time, just read the description of Snapshot "Reduces aiming delay by 2% per level".

I am of course assuming Byrth's testing is correct when I say Nahtirah is 9% (as is everyone else, not a personal assumption). http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Nahtirah_Trousers

Actually, those links are not proof, just people stating it in the same manner as you without evidence.

However, the Caban+2 page does link to this post, which is the only one offering any proof to such a suggestion, by indirectly stating that Mirke's Snapshot +5 was tested to be 10%:
http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/98420-Final-Magian-Empyreon-Armor.?p=4339204&viewfull=1#post4339204

Unfortunately, I will again need to challenge this since the other numbers she provides directly conflicts with SE's numbers: Sylvan Gapette+1 is Snapshot +5 (she states 3%), Impulse Belt is Snapshot +3 (she states 3%), and Zha'go's is supposedly +5 (she states 3%), but as mentioned above, has no source (hint: even if it's on the JP wiki, I still don't assume it's true unless they provide citation). Ignoring Zha'go's, her testing should've shown Gapette+1 to be 10% and Impulse to be 6%. Even if SE made a mistake and meant to say +5% and +3%, her number for Gapette+1 still takes her method of testing into question.

And for whatever it may be worth, the JP and EN websites SE created for the add-ons states that the ACP body augment is Snapshot +5% (although it just says +5 in game). Additionally, Sylvan Caban +2 is also stated in the FFXI magazines to be 5% snapshot and 5% ranged attack boost (+1 is 3%/3%). However, I'll just go ahead and ignore these in case these are both somehow mistakes to include the %.

Also, I fail to understand how 1 snapshot merit = 2% reduction can be used to conclude that 1 snapshot = 2% reduction. 1 recycle merit = 5% rate, does that mean 1 recycle = 5% rate? Because then they probably went a little overboard on Arcadian Beret.

You continue to assume that 9% is correct, as well as your 1:2% despite being given numbers from SE that do not match Byrth's, whether by all 1:1 or all 1:2, or even a combination of the two. Just as Jimothy stated, I am not here to argue whether or not it is 1% or 2%--it very well could be either--but I don't think we should toss around judgment on pieces with such a decisiveness that depends on two "facts" with no consistent testing. I've never assumed that Byrth's numbers were correct ever since SE released this information, so please also refrain from speaking on behalf of "everyone."

Edit: Also, I'm just going to ignore the people who state "it's been tested and proven" without providing any links to the evidence for those of us who are apparently out of the loop.

I provided those links to show you that what I stated is not personal opinion. I could really care less if you believe it or not. I used the best ideas the community currently has to make a logical conclusion on which piece of gear is better, but since Arcadian is broken then it doesn't matter anyway.
 Asura.Backstab
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2014-04-01 10:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Greyfawkz said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Orestes said: »

Gonna try playing with this set a bit, Anyone know If Arcadian Jerkin's +5 doubleshot from snapshot merits has to be preshot? Or is it postshot?

You'll need to be wearing it before you shoot for a Double Shot to proc. (preshot)

Mmmk, Thanks!

pretty sure you need to wear it when the shot fires (midcast), or i guess precast if you use it for the rapid shot aswell. but if you ask pre- or postshot then defo preshot since postshot would be to late^^.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-04-01 10:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Backstab said: »

Gonna try playing with this set a bit, Anyone know If Arcadian Jerkin's +5 doubleshot from snapshot merits has to be preshot? Or is it postshot?

You'll need to be wearing it before you shoot for a Double Shot to proc. (preshot)

Mmmk, Thanks!

pretty sure you need to wear it when the shot fires (midcast), or i guess precast if you use it for the rapid shot aswell. but if you ask pre- or postshot then defo preshot since postshot would be to late^^.

It's not necessary to wear it during midcast for the double shot to proc. You only need to have it on, when you hit /ra <t>

edit: It has been a while since I tested this, but I'm pretty sure that's how it worked.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2014-04-01 15:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I provided those links to show you that what I stated is not personal opinion. I could really care less if you believe it or not. I used the best ideas the community currently has to make a logical conclusion on which piece of gear is better, but since Arcadian is broken then it doesn't matter anyway.

That's not what I asked for. I asked for "source," i.e. "information that allows you to state, as a fact," the personal opinion that Arcadian is better than Nahtirah. I also don't think you know what a logical conclusion is, since you've purposely ignored all the contrary information I've provided. In fact, the post I made before you was in response to someone suggesting the same thing you asserted and provided evidence against the ability to make a logical conclusion based on our current knowledge. I have taken your links into consideration, and even offered the possibility that Snapshot may indeed be 1:2, but you are so married to the idea that you refuse to look at it logically. Maybe I need to simplify the information even more for you.

Of the items Byrth tested that we also have a number from SE for:
Item Snapshot + Tested % Ratio
Impulse Belt 3 3% 1:1%
Sylvan Gapette +1 5 5% 1:1%
Commodore Gants +2 7 9% 10:13%*
Acinaces 5 6.5% 10:13%
Navarch's Culottes +2 5 6.5% 10:13%
Navarch's Mantle 5 6.5% 10:13%
Gastraphetes 5 10%** 1:2%**
Iuitl Wristbands 5 10%** 1:2%**

*Obviously the actual ratio is 7:9, but given that it was in the same batch as the other 10:13's and the ratio is actually very close to this, it's possible that rounding caused the difference.

**Byrth went back and edited his testing on Gastraphetes and Iuitl to add:
Quote:
Actually, after looking at this more I don't really trust this data at all. I'm going to have to do a lot more shooting to get real values for this.
So the only values he got 1:2 ratio on are doubted by himself.

Maybe the next time you make a statement that can be challenged, you should be prepared to respond with more than "common knowledge" that isn't common or factual and "everyone's" assumption to support your "logical conclusion." And a butchered expression in an attempt to avoid having to defend your statement.

tl;dr The only logical conclusion we can make is that we do not know the exact value of Snapshot +1 and we do not know if the snapshot value on Nahtirah is better than, equal to, or greater than the (intended) value on Arcadian Braccae +1 at this time.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Zorik
user: Zorik
By Quetzalcoatl.Zorik 2014-04-02 10:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Maybe the next time you make a statement that can be challenged, you should be prepared to respond with more than "common knowledge" that isn't common or factual and "everyone's" assumption to support your "logical conclusion." And a butchered expression in an attempt to avoid having to defend your statement.
What was butchered and why exactly are you so angry? I've hardly said anything here, yet it upset you enough to do a research paper. Really I could care less about your research. We already know more testing is needed. This is why people post here to get answers to which piece is better. You can respond that you don't know and I will respond that 10% > 9%. Without more testing we don't know for sure so calm the *** down.

Quote:
tl;dr The only logical conclusion we can make is that we do not know the exact value of Snapshot +1 and we do not know if the snapshot value on Nahtirah is better than, equal to, or greater than the (intended) value on Arcadian Braccae +1 at this time.

A "logical conclusion" on which piece is better should conclude with which piece is better... It's easy to say you don't know, it's hard to make a decision (because then you have people like you jumping down your throat), but either way your preshot macro will include one of these pieces, "I don't know" will not work.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2014-04-02 13:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I apologize that I come off as so upset, I am concerned about what people take from these job guide threads. A bit disappointing to see THFs running around in Skadi Cuirie +1 just because someone said it was the best TP body.

You are still certain that Braccae is superior, and that it's better to give a uneducated answer than admit that we are not able to respond with certainty.

That's fine, these posts weren't here to turn you; they were to discourage people to make or readily believe such premature claims, as well as contribute to what we do know about Snapshot from SE (which apparently very few people are aware of).

And it's couldn't care less >_> "could care less" means that you actually do care.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Zorik
By Quetzalcoatl.Zorik 2014-04-02 14:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually it's acceptable in both forms.

http://www.dailywritingtips.com/could-care-less-versus-couldnt-care-less/

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/care?q=could+care+less#care__23

It's called an idiom:

"a group of words established by usage as having a meaning not deducible from those of the individual words (e.g., rain cats and dogs, see the light )."

I'm sure this comes as a shock, but you're not always right.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2014-04-02 14:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Often times when something is misused enough, Oxford has the tendency to add it to the dictionary. "Honed in," etc. I was not aware of this though.

And yes, I am not always right. "Couldn't care less" is not an idiom though, since it's used literally. Isn't it ironic that you're the one who can't admit the facts don't support your statement?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Zorik
By Quetzalcoatl.Zorik 2014-04-02 14:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

However, "could care less" (which is what is being debated) is an idiom since it's not used literally.

Are we almost done with this?...
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-02 15:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually it's acceptable in both forms.
It really isn't. That it manages to convey its meaning makes it, at best, a *** pidgin. Using something that is literally at odds with its own meaning, and in common parlance no less, while claiming it is acceptable is equally as sensible as throwing four donut tires onto a car. It still rolls, it gets from place to place, so those POS tires made to last 100 miles at maximum are "acceptable," right?
[+]
 Odin.Ketsuu
Server: Odin
By Odin.Ketsuu 2014-04-02 18:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know the value of Increases "Rapid Shot" Activation Rate on Murzim Cosciales?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-04-03 19:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

This is why people post here to get answers to which piece is better. You can respond that you don't know and I will respond that 10% > 9%. Without more testing we don't know for sure so calm the *** down.
Why would you respond with certainty of something if you admit we need more testing and we don't know for sure? As a newly leveled rng trying to gear up, I'd appreciate it if people would say when they are guessing rather than stating that something has been common knowledge.
[+]
 Sylph.Talon
Server: Sylph
user: udamon420
By Sylph.Talon 2014-04-03 23:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You *** are so off topic my left testicle is burning alive.

I just want to know if its worth upgrading my Arcadian Braccae to +1 and understand that +5 snapshot which is not considered a percentage is going to beat out this proposed 9% of Nahtirah trousers.

Can I get a motherfocking sammich as well?

Kindest Regards,

Erik B. aka Talon
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-04-03 23:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fine Fine Fine.

I'll save everyone some headaches and run some tests this weekend on the Rapid Shot gear, using Byrths stuff. I'll aim to nail down what the gear does, and how much, over time, it reduces your ranged delay, so we can compare to established numbers for the Snapshot gear.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Zorik
By Quetzalcoatl.Zorik 2014-04-04 08:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
This is why people post here to get answers to which piece is better. You can respond that you don't know and I will respond that 10% > 9%. Without more testing we don't know for sure so calm the *** down.
Why would you respond with certainty of something if you admit we need more testing and we don't know for sure? As a newly leveled rng trying to gear up, I'd appreciate it if people would say when they are guessing rather than stating that something has been common knowledge.

Holy ***you people are stupid. I can keep explaining this over and over for the people just joining our HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE conversation:

1 snapshot = 2% is reported all over BG Wiki and forums (as fact). This is why I posted the original links to show that this is NOT my idea. It is (was) generally accepted across the rng community. I used the generally accepted knowledge to decide which piece of gear is better.

If you are "trying to gear up" and read any of this conversation you would see that Arcadian Braccae +1 is broken... So let's do the math again:

9% > 0%

I know it's a hard choice.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-04-04 08:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

How about we test the numbers and verify results and stop yelling at each other, and turn our anger towards SE. They are the ones with the shi**y language on items, Like "Enhance Snapshot" and "Enhance Rapid Shot" vs. "Snapshot + #" and "Rapid Shot + #"
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-04-04 09:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Fine Fine Fine.

I'll save everyone some headaches and run some tests this weekend on the Rapid Shot gear, using Byrths stuff. I'll aim to nail down what the gear does, and how much, over time, it reduces your ranged delay, so we can compare to established numbers for the Snapshot gear.

Did you mean to say Snapshot?

Byrth's tests do have some Rapidshot info.
Quote:
Conclusions:
* Rapid Shot job trait on 99RNG reduces ranged delay by an average of 10%.

Quote:
* There are 1524 points above 8.3 seconds and 896 points below for a total of 2420 shots. This would indicate about a 37% Rapid Shot proc rate. I am 5/5 merits, so this would indicate a ~32% base +/-2% (assuming correct classification, so maybe larger). Not very pretty, but maybe more accurate than previous tests.

If we can draw conclusions from this, then 32-37% of our shots proc rapidshot, which is itself a random amount of delay reduction that on the whole, contributes a total of 10% reduction.

The newer gear added has +32 rapid shot. If we assume +1 == 1% (no basis for that), then we may get another 10% delay reduction.

I'd love to see more conclusive testing on both snapshot and rapidshot though. Kudos to you if you take the time to run these tests.
 Sylph.Talon
By Sylph.Talon 2014-04-04 12:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »

Holy ***you people are stupid. I can keep explaining this over and over for the people just joining our HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE conversation:

1 snapshot = 2% is reported all over BG Wiki and forums (as fact). This is why I posted the original links to show that this is NOT my idea. It is (was) generally accepted across the rng community. I used the generally accepted knowledge to decide which piece of gear is better.

If you are "trying to gear up" and read any of this conversation you would see that Arcadian Braccae +1 is broken... So let's do the math again:

9% > 0%

I know it's a hard choice.

First off, Zorik if you yourself are not doing the testing, posting links to generally accepted ideas across the community is still not factual. If anything, the fact that you do not have item sets for your relic gun lowers your credibility in my book and you should return to circle jerkin on xnxx.com. /endrant

Second, if we do not have a viable method to test snapshot in game. This argument should of died a long time ago just like Whitney Houston's coke habit. Is it possible to wear only Arcadian Braccae +1 for testing purposes only? Are we using GearSwap or Spellcast to test this? Are we setting up a timer to measure the shot?

Let's work together on finding a solution versus going back and forth on silly grammatical concerns, big *** swinging and useless banter.
 Siren.Froggis
Server: Siren
user: Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2014-04-04 12:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fine Fine Fine.

Quote:
Conclusions:

Quote:
* There are 1524 points above 8.3 seconds and 896 points below for a total of 2420 shots. This would indicate about a 37% Rapid Shot proc rate. I am 5/5 merits, so this would indicate a ~32% base +/-2% (assuming correct classification, so maybe larger). Not very pretty, but maybe more accurate than previous tests.

If we can draw conclusions from this, then 32-37% of our shots proc rapidshot, which is itself a random amount of delay reduction that on the whole, contributes a total of 10% reduction.

The newer gear added has +32 rapid shot. If we assume +1 == 1% (no basis for that), then we may get another 10% delay reduction.

I'd love to see more conclusive testing on both snapshot and rapidshot though. Kudos to you if you take the time to run these tests.

It seems Byrth's conclusion is based on total firing delay, rather than just the ranged aiming delay. 582/106 = 5.49s ranged aiming delay. The additional time in his 8.3 seconds comes from the delay of/between actions. So, if we still use his conclusions and recalculate, the avg ranged aiming delay reduction is -15.12% from rapid shot trait.

If we assume Byrth's information is correct, then the information on bgwiki from previous testing cannot still hold true:
"Reduce aiming delay (the time it takes to fire a shot - based off weapon delay), not reload delay (the time between shots - based off ammo delay). Can reduce 50%, 65%, or 80% of the original delay."

Since the 65% is the avg of the three values, one would assume .3 * .65 = 19.5% avg ranged aiming delay reduction from trait without merits. Major discrepancy between this information and Byrth's tests. Obviously since there is no verification on bgwiki for the old info, we should assume it is incorrect or that values of rapidshot reduction can be below 50% on proc.

So let us continue and assume 15.12% is the avg rapid shot reduction with 37% rapid shot from trait + merits. I will use only the lowest assumed snapshot value for each piece to compare sets.
Snapshot:
r-shot -15.12%
V-shot -15%
snap merits -10%
gapette -5%
caban -5%
hands -5%
waist -3%
nahtirah -9%
w. boots -3%
total: -70.12% ranged aiming delay, add an 11 courser's roll and you will reach the cap for aiming delay reduction (-80%).

For the rapid shot set, lets just use orion head+1, arcaian body +1, and arcadian feet+1. This increases your proc rate from 37% to 71% on rapid shot, a 47.89% increase over having just trait and merits. This bumps your value from 15.12% avg aiming reduction to 22.36% avg aiming reduction. Continuing then...
Rapid shot:
r-shot -22.36%
v-shot -15%
snap merits -10%
hands -5%
legs -9%
waist -3%
total: 64.36% reduction. With an 11 courser's roll, you will still reach the reduction cap likely or be super close.

Even if I am incorrect in my recalculation of byrth's numbers, and we use his original 10% value, the gap between sets only becomes larger. Thus, snapshot gear is more effective than rapidshot gear at this time with the current known/assumed values.

edit1: oops, I assumed +14 for arcadian body+1 when it is actually +12, so even lower rapid shot value than 22.36% avg aiming delay reduction listed for that rapidshot set.
edit2: oops again, byrth used a 999 delay gun not a 582 like I assumed when I saw "relic gun," thus he was already referring to aiming delay with his numbers. The 15.12% is incorrect and his 10% is more accurate - making the gap between snap/rapid shot even more substantial in favor of snapshot.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-04-04 12:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fine Fine Fine.

Quote:
Conclusions:

Quote:

Nope. If you re-read the sentence, I said I would aim to establish the delay decrease over time from the Rapid Shot gear, so we can compare it to the Snapshot gear.

I'll be running the test, hopefully starting tonight, depending on when I can get home, and get everything set up, and if I can get a hold of the leg upgrade item so I can test Arcadian Braccae +1 along with the other gear I have available to me.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-04 12:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Have fun, and don't blow a gasket when you realize that Rapid shot is not a constant.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-04-04 13:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Have fun, and don't blow a gasket when you realize that Rapid shot is not a constant.

It's not as irratic as you might think. Looking at Byrths data graph HERE, the trend shows definite spikes as what appears to be regular intervals.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-04-04 14:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fine Fine Fine.

Quote:
Conclusions:

Quote:

Nope. If you re-read the sentence, I said I would aim to establish the delay decrease over time from the Rapid Shot gear, so we can compare it to the Snapshot gear.

I'll be running the test, hopefully starting tonight, depending on when I can get home, and get everything set up, and if I can get a hold of the leg upgrade item so I can test Arcadian Braccae +1 along with the other gear I have available to me.

Gotcha. That would be interesting, but shouldn't be too surprising which is best. It would be nice to see the snapshot values on newer equipment though.

Siren.Froggis said:
total: -70.12% ranged aiming delay, add an 11 courser's roll and you will reach the cap for aiming delay reduction (-80%).
Pretty sure there isn't a delay cap on ranged. At least, there is no evidence to support that being the case.
 Bismarck.Inference
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-04-04 14:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure there isn't a delay cap on ranged. At least, there is no evidence to support that being the case.

If you put in precast values high enough on your spreadsheet you will see that it stops adjusting your total DPS after you hit 80%, I haven't cared enough to dig around on BG to confirm this, though. It makes sense when you consider the casting counter-part to Snapshot also has the cap of 80%, which is horrendously high reduction for a job like RNG to have so I don't think anyone would be complaining about a cap that high.
 Siren.Froggis
Server: Siren
user: Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2014-04-04 14:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Froggis said:

There is no evidence to refute it either, so it would be safest to assume it mimics all the other types of delay reduction rather than assume it is an exception to the delay rule.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-04-04 14:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Froggis said: »
Siren.Froggis said:

There is no evidence to refute it either, so it would be safest to assume it mimics all the other types of delay reduction rather than assume it is an exception to the delay rule.

They brought this up in the snapshot test thread. Apparently melee never had a delay cap until DRK exceeded it.

80% would be cool with me though...
 Sylph.Talon
By Sylph.Talon 2014-04-04 15:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I am curious if your spreadsheet puts together a different gearset for Overkill conditions. I was told that Overkill caps your snapshot and ranged delay so maybe there would not need to be a snapshot set plugged in when you activate that 1 hour.
 Ragnarok.Mswildfire
user: Antz
By Ragnarok.Mswildfire 2014-04-05 02:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Since I'm new to RNG, I was wondering what kind of sets I could aim for, I've scrolled through the thread but it's nothing but gun and bow sets and I don't have either yet, lol. Basically I have available are Pulfanax R15 AGI path(from COR) and Falubeza(Bow from Tiger boss). I have Last Stand right now since I have COR, but no Bow WS' currently. Sticking with gun would be ideal since I'm not as rich as I'd like to be due to not long being back, lol.

Thanks
 Lakshmi.Feint
Server: Lakshmi
user: feint2021
By Lakshmi.Feint 2014-04-05 20:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Froggis said: »
Fine Fine Fine.

Quote:
Conclusions:

Quote:

It seems Byrth's conclusion is based on total firing delay, rather than just the ranged aiming delay. 582/106 = 5.49s ranged aiming delay. The additional time in his 8.3 seconds comes from the delay of/between actions. So, if we still use his conclusions and recalculate, the avg ranged aiming delay reduction is -15.12% from rapid shot trait.

If we assume Byrth's information is correct, then the information on bgwiki from previous testing cannot still hold true:
"Reduce aiming delay (the time it takes to fire a shot - based off weapon delay), not reload delay (the time between shots - based off ammo delay). Can reduce 50%, 65%, or 80% of the original delay."

Since the 65% is the avg of the three values, one would assume .3 * .65 = 19.5% avg ranged aiming delay reduction from trait without merits. Major discrepancy between this information and Byrth's tests. Obviously since there is no verification on bgwiki for the old info, we should assume it is incorrect or that values of rapidshot reduction can be below 50% on proc.

So let us continue and assume 15.12% is the avg rapid shot reduction with 37% rapid shot from trait + merits. I will use only the lowest assumed snapshot value for each piece to compare sets.
Snapshot:
r-shot -15.12%
V-shot -15%
snap merits -10%
gapette -5%
caban -5%
hands -5%
waist -3%
nahtirah -9%
w. boots -3%

For the rapid shot set, lets just use orion head+1, arcaian body +1, and arcadian feet+1. This increases your proc rate from 37% to 71% on rapid shot, a 47.89% increase over having just trait and merits. This bumps your value from 15.12% avg aiming reduction to 22.36% avg aiming reduction. Continuing then...
Rapid shot:
r-shot -22.36%
v-shot -15%
snap merits -10%
hands -5%
legs -9%
waist -3%
total: 64.36% reduction. With an 11 courser's roll, you will still reach the reduction cap likely or be super close.

Even if I am incorrect in my recalculation of byrth's numbers, and we use his original 10% value, the gap between sets only becomes larger. Thus, snapshot gear is more effective than rapidshot gear at this time with the current known/assumed values.

edit1: oops, I assumed +14 for arcadian body+1 when it is actually +12, so even lower rapid shot value than 22.36% avg aiming delay reduction listed for that rapidshot set.
edit2: oops again, byrth used a 999 delay gun not a 582 like I assumed when I saw "relic gun," thus he was already referring to aiming delay with his numbers. The 15.12% is incorrect and his 10% is more accurate - making the gap between snap/rapid shot even more substantial in favor of snapshot.

You talk about reaching the aiming delay cap. After doing a few 18 man runs with snap shot rolls and having most of the gear you've listed, I don't believe aiming delay caps that easily. My argument comes from RNGS overkill ability. When hitting overkill, the reduction to delay is very noticeable.

Also, If it is possible to hit the aiming delay cap without overkill, then snapshot would clearly win because a rapidshot set would be much more reliant on proccing to hit the cap.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but Arcadian Jerkin has +5 double shot with snap shot merits. I understand that double shot doesn't decrease the delay but it does add overall dmg (it procs when equipped pre-shot).

After reading the last couple pages it doesn't seem like we're any closer to finding out if snapshot > rapid shot. Personally I've working with a high rapid shot set and been having good results when playing against other RNGS.

I'm not claiming my set is superior but I'm doing really well on events like Marjami and DM VD.
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 ... 130 131 132