Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
First Page 2 3 ... 112 113 114 ... 130 131 132
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-07 17:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

i was under the impression he was asking what he could add to his acc set so the damage isn't random
By clearlyamule 2017-12-07 17:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah for some reason I was just thinking it changed because of the gear not that it started ranging and therefore uncapped. Latter makes more sense... though still weird that only crits changed
 Asura.Topace
Server: Asura
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2017-12-12 19:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Just came back last week. Didn't know +1 ABJ dropped in price so much. Is there any pieces I should pick up besides Carmine Hands?
[+]
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2017-12-13 09:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
Just came back last week. Didn't know +1 ABJ dropped in price so much. Is there any pieces I should pick up besides Carmine Hands?

Carmine Legs +1 (ACC+55 Dual Wield+6 and ATK+35) as well as Mov+18% with nice DEF for your Idle set ^^

Carmine Hands +1 for preshot/midshot

Carmine Head +1 for Fast Cast

Carmine Feet +1 for Store TP / Fast Cast

Carmine Body +1 for MAB+

^^;

Most important ones are: Legs / Hands for RNG

Head / Feet / Body be cool to have if you planning on making use of it on RUN BLU DRK as well.

and don't forget the "SET" Bonus too
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2017-12-13 09:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anybody have a few "Item Sets" for RNG that is up to date?

like Afania = COR Item set guy.

Be cool if somebody can make that or Refer me to someone whose Item sets are up to date :)

Thank you in Advance.
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-12-13 11:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Please note that variations are possible:

TP Set:
ItemSet 355337

LS Set:
ItemSet 355340

Double Shot Up:
ItemSet 355344

TF Set:
ItemSet 355343

Preshot No Flurry:
ItemSet 355345

With Flurry:
ItemSet 355346
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-12-13 13:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Preshot

Midshot

Utility

Weaponskill

Here are separate threads (all on front page of RNG forum btw) with suggested BiS sets, WHY they are what they are (so you can build sets based on where you are right now with the logic behind the sets), and discussion from many of this board's most prominent posters (not speaking about me- talking about those who contributed to the discussions!).
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2017-12-13 14:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Preshot

Midshot

Utility

Weaponskill

Here are separate threads (all on front page of RNG forum btw) with suggested BiS sets, WHY they are what they are (so you can build sets based on where you are right now with the logic behind the sets), and discussion from many of this board's most prominent posters (not speaking about me- talking about those who contributed to the discussions!).

These are tried and trusted sets that work for any endgame content, Cele is my ls rng and never fails to perform well in any rng strat.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-12-13 14:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
Preshot

Midshot

Utility

Weaponskill

These are tried and trued sets that work for any endgame content, Cele is my ls rng and never fails to perform well in any rng strat.

Feelin the love...FOR ONCE!
By eliroo 2017-12-13 15:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So far the relic gear seems pretty lackluster for RNG are we expecting good things to come with the headpiece? Maybe the body too? The body has the innate 5% Double shot that is a bit appealing but no other redeemable stats on it. I hope they add some interesting stats to the headpiece, they can realistically only add +1 more recycle before the additional becomes moot, then again they gave Warrior + duration to defender lol.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-12-13 15:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
So far the relic gear seems pretty lackluster for RNG are we expecting good things to come with the headpiece? Maybe the body too? The body has the innate 5% Double shot that is a bit appealing but no other redeemable stats on it. I hope they add some interesting stats to the headpiece, they can realistically only add +1 more recycle before the additional becomes moot, then again they gave Warrior + duration to defender lol.

I'm expecting big things from the relic head- even just throwing on a decent amount of racc and ratk to make it competitive with other ranged head options while still having the added effect the 119 version has would be great. I think it will be too much to expect any STP, crit damage/rate, or some other beneficial stat. MAYBE they increase the TP return.

Since we've seen hands/feet already, and our AF+3 HEAD has WSD+10%, my money is that we see WSD+10% on our relic LEG piece, and something that beefs up our Doubleshot on the body.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-12-13 15:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

For preshot sets in particular, worth noting that there are a multitude of combinations of capped snapshot. Easy enough to figure out for yourself based on hitting snapshot cap in whatever combination you can with the gear available to you, while maximizing Rapid Shot as best you can (and using Amini+1 body whenever possible). Also worth being slightly under snapshot cap if it means swapping for a large amount of rapid shot (e.g., if removing snapshot from head slot brings you to something like Snap+69, but allows you to use Orion+3 for its massive Rapid Shot+18, that's a worthwhile tradeoff).

Snapshot cap = 70%, 5/5 Snapshot merits = 10%, so:

Flurry 2: need 30 snapshot
Flurry 1: need 45 snapshot
Flurry 0: need 60 snapshot

Thankfully, the need for fussing with random Taeon augments for Snapshot+10 is no longer a must due to the plentiful newer gear options - but if you happen to have them (say, feet snap+10 which are the same thing as Meghanada+2, they're potentially useful). I don't really love Taeon Chapeau since AF+3 has come into existence - you can certainly use head slot as one option to get some snapshot, but losing the Rapid+18 from Orion+3 hurts.

"Perfect" sets (as in, capped snap and maximizing Rapid Shot) would be something like the below (Adhemar path D, Snap+10 cape, Pursuer's Gaiters path D):

Flurry 2:
ItemSet 353500
75 Snapshot (over cap)
57 Rapid Shot

Flurry 1:
ItemSet 353499
70 Snapshot
47 Rapid Shot

No Flurry:
ItemSet 353498
70 Snapshot
42 Rapid Shot
(but no Empy+1 body)

Obviously not everyone is gonna have Abj+1 pieces or the ring (if just picking for RNG, Weatherspoon is prob a better choice for Trueflight, but Haverton is a fantastic choice for people who are really serious about COR - and that tends to have significant overlap with RNG), so you may need to adjust a bit for what's available to you.

For instance, a "perfect" no ring, no Flurry set might look like:
ItemSet 355356
70 Snapshot
29 Rapid Shot
No Empy+1 body
(and I'd argue that even without the extremely pricey/rare +1 body, dropping to NQ Oshosi and Snap+68 is worth it to preserve that huge amount of Rapid Shot from Orion Beret +3)
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-12-13 15:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Capuchin...I'd love to sit down in a lovely Amsterdam Coffeehouse and just talk Ranger all day with you. Wonderful additions as always, ty.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-12-13 15:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I was also thinking about this today, and I decided it's not worth worrying too much about relic feet/hands not being overly impressive. RNG in particular seems like a job where the good relic stuff is yet to come.

Head should be amazing, considering the +1 is still a staple.

It's not too crazy to think that the body might end up being something like an Oshosi+1 killer in Double Shot sets.

And judging by the first couple relic +2/+3 slots, it also might be the case that every job gets a WSD+10% piece. Maybe that's Arcadian legs for RNG, which could have some real potential.

Capuchin...I'd love to sit down in a lovely Amsterdam Coffeehouse and just talk Ranger all day with you. Wonderful additions as always, ty.

Haha, thanks. High praise coming from a better RNG than me :)

Every now and then I make some sense though!
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-12-13 16:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Problem with rng set and for that matter a lot of the relic sets is SE seemed under the impression that a butt ton of att/ratt is super duper important enough to make up for other flaws. And yeah in geo-less groups maybe. And of course the ones that got mab for their attack stat did good. Kind of hope we do on one piece. Come on mab + wsd

Problem is it's not even much more ratt than a lot of other easily gotten pieces, while also being less racc and base stats than friggin ambuscade sets. So it's gotta survive on the "special" stats or hope for new ones.

Head of course has a solid special stat still used

Body had potential back when it was released but has since been outclassed. The double shot is tied to augment so unlikely to increase the +double shot dmg is likely going up but are you going to trade that for a bunch of stp, more double shot and probably some amount of base stats/racc? Probably not. Will probably be a fine double shot down piece though. And hopefully we might get a new stat

And then the rest are all in hope for new stat range. Which isn't too impossible with them throwing 10wsd here and there and feet getting a ton of crit hit rate. Just remains to see if they will be good enough
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-13 16:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Problem with rng set and for that matter a lot of the relic sets is SE seemed under the impression that a butt ton of att/ratt is super duper important enough to make up for other flaws. And yeah in geo-less groups maybe. And of course the ones that got mab for their attack stat did good. Kind of hope we do on one piece. Come on mab + wsd

Problem is it's not even much more ratt than a lot of other easily gotten pieces, while also being less racc and base stats than friggin ambuscade sets. So it's gotta survive on the "special" stats or hope for new ones.

Body had potential back when it was released but has since been outclassed. The double shot is tied to augment so unlikely to increase the +double shot dmg is likely going up but are you going to trade that for a bunch of stp, more double shot and probably some amount of base stats/racc? Probably not. Will probably be a fine double shot down piece though. And hopefully we might get a new stat

And then the rest are all in hope for new stat range. Which isn't too impossible with them throwing 10wsd here and there and feet getting a ton of crit hit rate. Just remains to see if they will be good enough

It probably won't happen but I'd love to see a nice set bonus that makes up for the meh of the 2 ranger relics so far (plus it would give people a reason to get the entire set)...But that would make too much sense.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-12-13 16:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ideally, I'd like to see the Arcadian Body give more Double Shot paired with Double Shot damage (stat that's on the Oshosi Headpiece), moved from the Augment to a standard stat. COR got something augmenting Triple Shot, and I'd rather have a stable boost to DPS rather than a chance at something proccing.

The head with its incredible added stat is STILL a staple over stat vomit pieces out there...if they just put stat vomit on it, that will make it a must just by doing that.

Legs currently augment Eagle Eye Shot...big deal. If for some reason we could get some MAB AND WSD on the legs....I'd be quite happy. 10WSD paired with some AGI will likely trounce any Last Stand augmented Herc legs I have, and then some MAB on there should also eliminate the need for the Trueflight augmented Herc Legs....meaning inventory +1! The true winner these days.
By clearlyamule 2017-12-13 17:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ideally, I'd like to see the Arcadian Body give more Double Shot paired with Double Shot damage (stat that's on the Oshosi Headpiece), moved from the Augment to a standard stat. COR got something augmenting Triple Shot, and I'd rather have a stable boost to DPS rather than a chance at something proccing.
I'd like something like that too... but realistically I think we can safely say they aren't changing any of the augments which haven't changed since relic+2. Now maybe getting the extra shot augment AND +DS... that... is probably being hopeful but maybe.

You know what I'd really love though... give us some extra shot mechanic that works on ws kind of like how ya know most work on melee ws <.<. Also switch ranged AM3 to match all the others as right now it's a strictly worse empyrean aftermath
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-13 17:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm expecting big things from the relic head- even just throwing on a decent amount of racc and ratk to make it competitive with other ranged head options while still having the added effect the 119 version has would be great. I think it will be too much to expect any STP, crit damage/rate, or some other beneficial stat. MAYBE they increase the TP return.

Since we've seen hands/feet already, and our AF+3 HEAD has WSD+10%, my money is that we see WSD+10% on our relic LEG piece, and something that beefs up our Doubleshot on the body.
It won't get a boost to augment. It'll get acc/atk like every other piece, with more attack based stats, though.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-12-13 18:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

problem with making Ranged Mythic AM3 to work like melee Mythic AM3 is that means you essentially can maintain the equivalent of Corsair Triple Shot 100% of the time, meaning shot>WS>shot>WS over and over- that would be too potent. The relics and empyreans work the same, be it ranged or melee.

I'd love it too, but it just can't work that way. Death Penalty would become the most overpowered item in the game- and yes moreso than the Gastraphetes due to higher base damage to work with and higher delay, meaning more TP return per shot- so getting back to 1k TP is easier.

It is basically a lackluster Empyrean aftermath for us, but Trueflight is a helluva lot more potent than JR in most situations, so I'd wager it evens out.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-13 18:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »

I don't think attack should be completely ignored. Thorny mentioned some results that suggests defense down may have a cap, which could be relevant on some NMs.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-12-13 20:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It is basically a lackluster Empyrean aftermath for us, but Trueflight is a helluva lot more potent than JR in most situations, so I'd wager it evens out.

Plus, JR is lot more of a hate magnet. People always like to talk about Anni/Coronach for enmity control, which is reasonable enough. But you can usually get similar style results (and significantly more damage) using a different weapon and Trueflight/WF (and Leaden, for the CORs).

Considering that a lot of people want to use rangers specifically for more controlled enmity, that's a pretty major consideration (also a pretty major downside to Fomalhaut/Last Stand spam, even though that can put out some great damage numbers).
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2017-12-18 07:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

got 2 questions:

1) I know this is weird to ask but how does RNG or COR do Umbra with Aeonic Gun (Fomalhaut)?

I heard its possible.

I know Radiance = LS >savage>LS

not sure what umbra would be.

2) on my Midshot Set I am using "Quarrel Mantle" would you recommend me to use "Belenu's Cape" (AGI+30 R.ACC+20 R.ATK+20 WSD+10%) or keep as Quarrel?
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2017-12-18 07:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Preshot
ItemSet 347652

Midshot
ItemSet 347654

and Weapon I using is :

"Perun +1" for Store TP+4 (was told that is better than "Kuwasti +1" Dagger
 Asura.Sagaxi
Server: Asura
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2017-12-18 07:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming you have full merits in recycle, you already have 55% recycle, add @ 34% from beret, that puts you 1% away from the supposed cap. I'd definitly wouldnt use the quarrel, best thing you could do is back with STP+10 and same stats as your WS back.

Edit: Also if you would like to maximize your preshot set(s), I strongly encourage you to look at this thread suggested sets. Some pieces are really esy to obtain, and will help you a lot! http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/38352/power-rangers-a-guide-to-pewing/113/#3311923
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-12-18 10:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
I don't think attack should be completely ignored. Thorny mentioned some results that suggests defense down may have a cap, which could be relevant on some NMs.
I wouldn't ignore it but I wouldn't focus on it. I remember him mentioning it but was very vague I don't seem capped when think should be so really hard to say. Definitely can get most mobs to 1 def though. And not first time we've had ones strong to bubbles
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-18 11:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

i’m not saying focusing on it either. but if there is a cap it definitely shouldn’t be ignored or criticized for being on the relic pieces.
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2017-12-18 11:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sagaxi said: »
Assuming you have full merits in recycle, you already have 55% recycle, add @ 34% from beret, that puts you 1% away from the supposed cap. I'd definitly wouldnt use the quarrel, best thing you could do is back with STP+10 and same stats as your WS back.

Edit: Also if you would like to maximize your preshot set(s), I strongly encourage you to look at this thread suggested sets. Some pieces are really esy to obtain, and will help you a lot! http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/38352/power-rangers-a-guide-to-pewing/113/#3311923
Thank you !

/bow
By clearlyamule 2017-12-18 11:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
i’m not saying focusing on it either. but if there is a cap it definitely shouldn’t be ignored or criticized for being on the relic pieces.
I'm not critizing it for having it. I'm critizing it for focusing on it over other stuff. If you offer me free ratt hell yeah give it... but when we get it at the cost of racc and base stats :(
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-18 12:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

after the holidays i’ll see if thorn and i can test a cap on defense down
First Page 2 3 ... 112 113 114 ... 130 131 132