First Page 2 3 ... 105 106
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-06-16 18:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
might want to look into Darraigner's Brais, depending on Accuracy needs.

Not a bad idea, and probably viable most of the time given the fairly high Racc from the rest of the set. Enmity-6 is also pretty appealing any time you can't take advantage of Decoy, helps the tank when you get lucky with frequent triple damage crit/double shot Arma procs... Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to dig mine out of the Mog Locker and play around with them!

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
What augments would you need on Herculean Helm in order to use it over Orion +3 for Trueflight?

I don't have my spreadsheet handy at the moment, but I'm sure you could plug it into Verda's most recent one posted in this thread to see with your gear.

One note though: if you're doing something where you are getting a lot of your damage from magical WS/SC, I normally find a second Malevolence as the biggest possible buff to my overall DPS (outdoing the benefit of /WAR or /SAM). Don't even need max augments, even a base Malevolence is pretty beastly.
By fillerbunny9 2017-06-16 18:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
fillerbunny9 said: »
might want to look into Darraigner's Brais, depending on Accuracy needs.

Not a bad idea, and probably viable most of the time given the fairly high Racc from the rest of the set. Enmity-6 is also pretty appealing any time you can't take advantage of Decoy, helps the tank when you get lucky with frequent triple damage crit/double shot Arma procs... Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to dig mine out of the Mog Locker and play around with them!

let me know how it works out. I am in a similar place, gear-wise except I do not have those because Temperance is a ***. would be helpful to know if I need to put in the effort to farm a pair or if it is just not worth it.
By clearlyamule 2017-06-16 20:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
ItemSet 348655

Afterglow Annihilator.

Malevolence: INT 10, MAB 10
Samnuha Coat: MAB 14
Herc Legs: MAB 34
Herc Feet: MAB 32, WSD 3%
Cape: AGI 20, MDMG 20, WSD 10%
Well just giving gear kind of leaves a bit up for assumption and adding all the gear is lame especially when my internet is shitty right now and you don't even have all the right gear and the augments listed!!! Hence why wanted totals so... assuming taru rng/rdm for mab and full jp you'd have base 109 agi and 24 mab. Assuming I did my math right that gear not counting head is +148 agi, 204 mab, 13 wsd, 175 mdmg and +.2 Ftp . So grand total of 257 agi, +228 mab, 13 wsd, 175 mdmg and well assume 1k tp value to ftp of ~4.1. Gunna assume mob with neutral dmg no mdb and 150 agi

Doing the math quick so hope it's right with orion +3 the dmg should be about 10,101.

We are going to assume you going for mab and wsd since good luck getting agi too. So it's easier to look at how much mab you'd need for various wsd amounts. With full 5 wsd you'd need at least 16 mab augment. With 4wsd you'd need at least 19. With 3 wsd would need at least 22. With 2 wsd would need 26. With 1 wsd would need 29 and with 0 wsd you'd need 32 mab. That's augment amounts not total on the helm.

Of course all this will vastly change as you change your gear and there are some easy changes to be made no offense. And also some are situational like the fotias become pretty bad at higher tps. And as mentioned above going for trueflight best to dual wield which would shift things a little towards orion. But if you used a non mab sub and still didn't dual wield that would shift things a little towards herc. Note there was small amounts of rounding with ftp so values might off by 1 or 2.

Edit: looks like I forgot Male's magic dmg and off a little on stats so that might make things off by a little but ballpark still close
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-06-17 06:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry about that, here's the stats. Not going /RDM but I do have access to a second Malevolence. I could change the gorget/belt to Sanctity/Eschan. If there are easy changes I'm all ears

No head piece:
AGI: 272
MAB: 216
MDMG: 293
WSD: 13
By Blazed1979 2017-06-17 07:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

what improvements can i make, assuming i have access to every item in game, but ***luck on augments. Doing SR soon tp get better body.
By fillerbunny9 2017-06-17 13:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

what's the consensus on Oshosi Mask when Double Shot is up? is it really worth the loss of Arcadian Beret +1 for normal rounds/Meghenada Mask +2 for Armageddon AM3?
By Chosenone1 2017-06-19 02:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 id say you could go "baetyl pendant" for neck and get a herculean body with agi and mab mabe even wsd% although i only have agi+11 and mab+38
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-06-19 08:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed- esp for Trueflight (but also for JR and Last Stand as they scale with TP), throw something like this in your lua-

To get the most out of your Moonshade (my sets use Moonshade in the ear2 slot for TP scaling WSs). As for increasing it- baetyl pendant is great, and of course the elusive double capped malevolences- the biggest single slot improvement you can make- of course it requires some adjustment for all the racc loss in the weapon/sub slots, but its easily done these days with all the racc we can get.

@Fillerbunny- I believe the mask is one of the stronger pieces of the oshosi set because it actually increases the damage of Doubleshot, not just frequency. The loss of the 50TP from Recycle in my opinion, is workable for this extra damage and frequency- both.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-06-19 09:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Blazed- esp for Trueflight (but also for JR and Last Stand as they scale with TP), throw something like this in your lua-
Thank you. Been meaning to improve my lua. Highly appreciated.
I have a ridiculous theory with regards to getting Ingrid to pop in SR.. its worked, as much as 5 times in a row to the point where the other people (who didn't want Ingrid drops) told me to stop it.

The mockery will come, and I bet someone disproves it, but its my lucky charm: Equip a Great sword before entering SR lol.. it works i swear.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-06-19 19:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If that worked, all my RUN tanking of SR in the past months wouldve shown results, instead of being stuck with piss poor augments for 6 months! ^^
By Blazed1979 2017-06-19 20:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I was war. I don't have an a geared RUN.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 105 106