Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
First Page 2 3 ... 102 103 104 ... 130 131 132
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: BushinNmL
By Asura.Nightmarelord 2017-04-01 10:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Too stoned to think I suppose. Simply put, bow has far too many limitations where gun doesnt.
By geigei 2017-04-01 10:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, wut?
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-04-01 10:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

*looks at date*

Yup
[+]
By Feanorsof 2017-04-01 14:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Evildemon said: »
Feanorsof said: »
Verda's lua would work for you, it just doesn't have AM3 logic in it

Verda's lua seems really complex.... is it easier to use than it seems written?

It's as easy to use as most others, it might just feel overwhelming with the amount of toggles and obscure sets you wouldn't use in many situations. There's also some keybinds which might not be suited to you.

Obviously if you don't intend to use a toggle you can ignore the associated set.
[+]
 Odin.Speedyjim
Server: Odin
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2017-04-01 16:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Norminator said: »
Hey Verda ,

I'm using your gearswap but it seen like when i'm using Last stand WS the gear doesn't swap correctly.

sets.precast.WS['Last Stand'] = { ...

Could you help me ?

Thx
Have you used the showswaps command to ensure it's actually not equipping the set? //gs showswaps

Could you also pastebin the entire lua file?
 Valefor.Vardaman
Server: Valefor
user: Vardaman
By Valefor.Vardaman 2017-04-01 18:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's an example of how I'd format something that would swap gear depending on what ranged weapon you have equipped. I'm not a programmer though, so know that there are definitely other (most likely better) ways to handle this. Organize your sets similarly to:
Code
sets.gun = {}

sets.gun['Fomalhaut'] = {}

sets.gun['Fomalhaut']['low'] = {}
		sets.gun['Fomalhaut']['high'] = {}

sets.gun['Armageddon'] = {}

sets.gun['Armageddon']['low'] = {}
		sets.gun['Armageddon']['high'] = {}

sets.etc = {}

Later on somewhere in your midcast function you'll want to include:
Code
if spell.action_type == 'Ranged Attack' then

equip(sets.gun[player.equipment.range][racc_mode]

end

Here's how it works. You'll have to have a variable named (in this case) racc_mode that you toggle manually. I toggle it by putting the following under my self_command() function:
Code
if command == 'change_racc_mode' then

if racc_mode == 'low' then
		racc_mode = 'high'
		send_command('input /echo racc mode: high')
	elseif racc_mode == 'high' then
		racc_mode = low'
		send_command('input /echo racc mode: low')
	end

end

I have a macro that is /console gs c change_racc_mode and whenever I hit that macro it alternates the value of racc_mode between 'low' and 'high'. My own setup isn't strictly just 'low' or 'high', you can of course make whatever kinds of modes you want. Make sure that near the beginning of your lua you declare racc_mode = 'low' or racc_mode = 'high' (whichever mode you'd like to "start off" in). If we don't include that then nothing will happen when we try to change the value of racc_mode. Again, this is probably not the best method out there for changing the variable.

So when performing a ranged attack the midcast function will check the value of player.equipment.range for what our ranged weapon is and then it will check what the value of racc_mode is. If the first comes up as 'Armageddon' and the second comes up as 'high', then it will equip sets.gun['Armageddon']['high']

I haven't done something that includes aftermath because I don't have an RME that warrants that sort of a setup. But here's my crack at that as well. Start with the same setup but change it up a little bit:
Code
sets.gun = {}

sets.gun['Fomalhaut'] = {}

sets.gun['Fomalhaut']['low'] = {}
		sets.gun['Fomalhaut']['high'] = {}

sets.gun['Armageddon'] = {}

sets.gun['Armageddon']['low'] = {}
			sets.gun['Armageddon']['low'].AM = {}
		sets.gun['Armageddon']['high'] = {}
			sets.gun['Armageddon']['high'].AM = {}

sets.etc

And now in your midcast function throw in:
Code
if spell.action_type == 'Ranged Attack' then

if buffactive["Aftermath: Lv.3"] or buffactive["Aftermath: Lv.2"] or buffactive["Aftermath: Lv.1"] then
		equip sets.gun[player.equipment.range][racc_mode].AM	
	else
		equip(sets.gun[player.equipment.range][racc_mode]
	end

end

Ha I sure hope that works. I'm sorry I can't test it at the moment to make sure, but I hope that it all at least gives some ideas of a way to tackle this.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-04-03 18:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

On a related topic, for any non-GS users out there, perhaps my method will be of some assistance to you...

I've always been a bit more comfortable controlling things manually and not using GS, but for a while RNG made me dabble with simple GS sets. I've since gone back to a non-GS setup where I use (1) "plain" Windower macros for the unlimited equip lines plus (2) ingame equipsets. Reason is that if you use a blend of /equipset and Windower macros in the same macro, all commands will process in the correct order without requiring a /wait between your preshot gear and midshot gear (credit to Afania for pointing me to that very useful tip!). Doesn't work with two Windower gear set lines in the same macro, or with two ingame /equipset sets in the same macro - in those cases, a /wait is required (and with the speed of rapid shot, will often result in finishing a shot while still in your preshot gear).

Setting up the gear sets:
I make ingame /equipset macros for three different levels of snapshot, capping my snapshot for each of (1) no Flurry, (2) Flurry 1, and (3) Flurry 2.

I make Windower macros for whatever midshot sets I feel like creating. Can build whatever sets you like for your own weapons/situations. Personally, I'm a nearly 100% Armageddon user and my midshot sets are: (1) Default TP building set with a mix of Store TP/some Racc, (2) Crit rate set (this is what I generally use once Empy AM3 is active) (3) Heavy Store TP/lower Racc, (4) Extreme Racc.

My macros:
I create three different 20-slot macro pages, one for each level of snapshot (Flurry 0/1/2). I simply toggle between them by manually scrolling up/down between lines in the macro book. About the same level of complexity as hitting a GS toggle button to cycle sets.

My individual "shot" macros look like:
1 /equipset # (where # is the equipset number for appropriate flurry 0/1/2 set)
2 /ra <t>
3 /console exec <midshot.txt> (this points to whichever midshot set I've put together)

I find 20 macro slots more than enough for all of my necessary RNG macros. It's really not a job with a ton of needed JAs/spells/etc. So, my row of CTRL macros is full of RNG JAs (Double Shot, Sharpshot, Bounty Shot, Shadowbind), Utsusemi Ni/Ichi, DT/idle sets, etc. - which I tend to just copy across as the CTRL line for all of my macro pages. My row of ALT macros is generally dedicated to a variety of different /ra types (different midshots) and a few different WS, and looks like the below (note the first macro for my "default" midshot set lists the flurry level that applies to the whole page).

[Flurry0] [Crit] [Stp] [Racc] [whatever] [whatever] [Barrage] [Lstand] [WFire] [TFlight]

Expanding for more weapons:
While you could certainly add more midshot choices within the above framework (e.g. a different preferred TP set for Anni on one macro, one for Fomalhaut on another, etc.), if you had significant differences between weapons you could also easily duplicate the three-page structure for multiple weapons if you so choose. For instance, page 1-3 are Flurry 0/1/2 for Fomalhaut, page 4-6 are Flurry 0/1/2 for Anni, page 7-9 are Flurry 0/1/2 for bow. Each weapon with the midshot sets you use for it. Hell, maybe toss in a separate page for melee TP if you like.

For pure vanilla players:
Best you can probably do (in a single macro) is use a preshot /equipset <preshot gear>, /wait 1, /equipset <midshot gear>... but understand that rapid shot and lag will somewhat often result in hitting a shot in your preshot gear. So, not ideal but probably better than nothing.
By Enucleation 2017-04-07 00:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been testing meg +2 gloves vs carmine gloves +1 and consistently getting carmine +1 doing about 1400+ more than megs on True Flights. Anyone getting any different?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-04-07 00:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds normal.
[+]
 Asura.Ajirha
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2017-04-07 09:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

WSD+7 is nice but no way you'll have that beat 42 mab.
not accounting for the AGI value, even considering no other wsd pieces, you would need a mab of 600 to make it equal.
with other wsd pieces like the ambuscade cape you would need even more mab to make it worth it.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-04-07 11:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably better understood as +500 mab since not everyone thinks of the base 100.

Anyways putting it thru a dmg calculator using otherwise mostly topish in gear but no buffs which is still a rather high amounts of MAB carmine still winning by a good 900. If you want to replace the carmine you need pretty dang near perfect herc or lucky DM augs.
[+]
 Phoenix.Cyrinn
Server: Phoenix
user: PUPLament
By Phoenix.Cyrinn 2017-04-13 03:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Trilling Dagger still work for Trueflught offhand if I can't get my hands on another Malevolence? Or would I be better off using Perun, or even Odium or Vanir Knife?
By Blazed1979 2017-04-13 05:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Are meg+2 gloves worth it for anything else? I'm debating what 2 pieces I should upgrade this month - meg or Sulv.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-04-13 05:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Meghanada hands are fantastic for every job that can use them. Last Stand for COR/RNG, Coronach for RNG, Rudra for THF/DNC til DNC AF+3 hands, Dimidiation for RUN, whatever BST's single-target WSs are called. For me, the piece was an instant pick-up.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2017-04-13 16:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

What are people using off hand for top tier tf set? I am trying to build it up but have really bad luck with augments. I use samnuha body now but was wondering if carmine +1 body would beat that out and if i wanna drop $100mil (on my server) for body
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-04-13 16:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Malevolence (perfect) is still best for Trueflight, isn't it?

Carmine +1 won't beat perfect Samnuha, nor will it beat a well-aug'd Herc body.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-04-13 16:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

HQ Carmine body can be better depending on your other gear. You're basically sacrificing 6 AGI for 7 MAB and a few points of macc. Personally, I don't think it's worth the pricetag, but it is a good piece. The best would be a Herculean Vest with ridiculous DM augments, but relying on that is just foolhardy.
By clearlyamule 2017-04-13 17:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Cyrinn said: »
Does Trilling Dagger still work for Trueflught offhand if I can't get my hands on another Malevolence? Or would I be better off using Perun, or even Odium or Vanir Knife?
Still useable. Did some math a bit back think it ended up being about on par with unaugmented malevolence
 Asura.Baddog
user: Maddog
By Asura.Baddog 2017-04-14 06:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have malevolence you may have a vampirism, try using that for offhand until you get a 2nd dagger
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-04-14 07:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
HQ Carmine body can be better depending on your other gear. You're basically sacrificing 6 AGI for 7 MAB and a few points of macc. Personally, I don't think it's worth the pricetag, but it is a good piece. The best would be a Herculean Vest with ridiculous DM augments, but relying on that is just foolhardy.

Anyone have an updated TF set?

Also I'm always /war and offhand Nus. Shield
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-04-14 08:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Sylph.Oraen said: »

I've found myself going 100% /nin to Omen these days, but that is largely based on our setup (omen is 90% of where I use my RNG any more) of a RUN tank that always covers /ja objectives faster then human...but of course even the best RUN will have moments where an overzealous RNG rips hate. Ours is quite decked and one of the first to take it seriously in our server - PLEASE don't take thus as a despairing remark on him!

And /nin keeps me going full tilt more often than /sam or /war, and I'd rather melee daggers for early objectives than one shot mobs ineffectively in terms of time... better to get 3 dagger.WSs per mob than one ranged.

Having a COR is a must not to use the shield, in my opinion-now that we have that tool. But using the shield doesn't mean you have to give up shadows if it's your best offhand option.
 Bahamut.Colonelace
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Colonelace 2017-04-14 11:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »

go back like 4 pages and look at verda's set, its not that hard to search the thread. If your focus is going to be true flight, you should just /nin and dual wield daggers but if your using Last stand and occasionally TF then you can /war and use a nusku shield and just swap out perun for a dagger but know that your losing potential dmg by not having a 2nd dagger equipped.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2017-04-18 10:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for some input on snapshot set. I am trying to cap out I know I need to make a snapshot cape but I already made a rng cape this month so thats going to have to wait till next month. I still feel as though I am shooting slow.

ItemSet 350555

Cape only has 2 snapshot, tried for 3 but 100 crystals later no luck
By geigei 2017-04-18 10:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If it feels slow maybe gear don't swap? try shooting with equip window open and check it.
 Odin.Taffy
user: Taffy
By Odin.Taffy 2017-04-21 15:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
If it feels slow maybe gear don't swap? try shooting with equip window open and check it.

Or use showswaps >.>
 Odin.Taffy
user: Taffy
By Odin.Taffy 2017-04-21 15:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 348603

ItemSet 348390

I think these were Verd's most up to date sets before he disappeared. Depends what your rolling with buff wise. Meg +2 would beat Teon feet now by a landslide. Adhemar Kecks I think still beat +2 AF legs until you get them to +3 though. Not sure, I'm still noobish on rng. Just my thoughts - you owe me a penny!
By fillerbunny9 2017-04-21 16:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

AF +2 legs should be equally as good as Adhemar +1 during Pre-shot, as they are both Snapshot 10. Adhemar +1 are better for mid-shot (when possible) due to their Store TP. things will vary depending on your other gear as well as what your R.Acc requirements are. for NQ Adhemar, AF +2 has 1 point more of Snapshot, and thus is the pre-shot winner.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-04-21 17:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

adhemar path D have rapid shot, while most people aren't making HQs for it you can still cap snapshot with NQs and get more rapid shot than otherwise

10 taeon head
10 taeon feet
10 merits
10 cape
8 carmine+1
9 adhe nq
3 impulse belt
10 taeon body = capped w/o flurry

with flurry you can use af3 body and yemaya belt

with flurry2 you can use verda's set

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-04-21 17:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

An adequately prepared RNG would still have the taeon body, it's quite simple to set up your gearswap or ashitacast to utilize it only when flurry is not active.

If flurry is off, taeon body is granting a 25% delay reduction(40% of base to 30% of base). Best case for amini caban+1 is a 9.6% delay reduction(73% of base to 66% of base).

Obviously if you have flurry, you don't need taeon body. That's why I specifically said with flurry, swap in af3 body and yemaya belt in my last post.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 102 103 104 ... 130 131 132