Alternator
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 16 17 18
 Sylph.Jkun
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2013-05-14 09:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

So tl;dr Alternator does not reduce Overload rate, aha.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-14 11:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jkun said: »
So tl;dr Alternator does not reduce Overload rate, aha.

I was hoping lol...
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-05-14 11:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I think i need to rework my pup tp set again. I should really be using the Cirque Gaunti +2 with the alternator between my maneuver macros, but at the same time, i need the acc and dex from the Thurandaut Gloves.

If someone can offer a set suggestion it would be pretty cool
 Bismarck.Zagen
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2013-05-14 11:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
I think i need to rework my pup tp set again. I should really be using the Cirque Gaunti +2 with the alternator between my maneuver macros, but at the same time, i need the acc and dex from the Thurandaut Gloves.

If someone can offer a set suggestion it would be pretty cool
Not sure which frame you'd be using but I'll assume the ranger frame.
ItemSet 289166
Manibozho jerkin can replace Thaumas for an extra 22~ ACC once upgraded
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-05-14 12:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my current Master Tp set:
ItemSet 300985
There are some good Automaton: Haste and Pet:Haste gear items available I could use to make a pet haste set with for a VE frame, but yes, i do currently use the SharpShot frame.

what you have posted isn't really optimal for much Zagen, i hate to say it.

The Cirque Necklace doesn't even register on my radar for anything, since the Rancor Collar is a better tp piece.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-05-14 12:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It should. Cirque neck + Rancorous Mantle/Pantin is a better TP combo.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-05-14 12:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/28199/manibozho-brais

with full Augments on Mani, shouldn't they pull ahead? For reference.

STR+22 DEX+12 Acc+10 Atk+30 Haste+6

vs
STR+9 AGI+9 Acc+14 atk+14 Haste+6
(Set Bonus Value is: +3STR/+3DEX/+3AGI/+3MND over 2/5)

... I'm really thinking Manibo Win, like Landslide Victory, even offers more/same Acc and a lot more DEX.

Also thinking these: http://www.ffxiah.com/item/28339/manibozho-boots

when fully Augmented should be > Thaumus feet... Assuming you take the ATK Path of Attack+15 STR+10 Acc+10 (leading their stats to be.

STR+10 Acc+10 Attack+27 "Double Attack"+2% Haste+4%.

And with the haste from the boots, I think that will allow the Pet:Haste+5% Belt from Dynamis to be worn while still capping haste for Master (At the sacrifice of 2% Dbl attack from Twilight)

Long story short:
ItemSet 300989
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-05-14 12:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

When the stats are capped, yes they pull so far ahead it's rediculous to even make a comparison, but i don't have capped yet.

The Martial Arts effect on the Cirque neck was said to be pretty negligible though, wasn't it? Right now I use Pantin Cape because i use Master TP set and Sharpshot frame, plus there's never any rancorous mantles on AH when i look on bismarck.

Since puppet isn't played like most other DD jobs, i can handle sacrificing the tiwlight in favor of increasing my auto's dps, since it should increase the combined dps
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-05-14 12:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

When the stats are capped, yes they pull so far ahead it's rediculous to even make a comparison, but i don't have capped yet.

The Martial Arts effect on the Cirque neck was said to be pretty negligible though, wasn't it? Right now I use Pantin Cape because i use Master TP set and Sharpshot frame, plus there's never any rancorous mantles on AH when i look on bismarck.

Since puppet isn't played like most other DD jobs, i can handle sacrificing the tiwlight in favor of increasing my auto's dps, since it should increase the combined dps
In any situation where you are at least receiving haste, Cirque starts to pull ahead of most if not all options. The more haste you stack, the more it's worth, at least until you hit the delay cap.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-05-14 12:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed, I think with even Rank 5-6 In some of those, they'll become a clear winner. I think Maniboz Become a clear winner when you get your acc to ~5/6 Which if you take atk path, Is Rank 5 ish, which should be doable.

Could use a nice sliding scale, but, I dun wanna make it :P
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-14 12:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Any one have a good puppet build out list?

Blm

Rng

whm

rdm

tank

Must have attachments? Is the tranq needed with rigors and alternator?
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-05-14 13:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cirque Necklace is a -10 delay on h2h for pup. To me, it just doesn't seem big enough to be a comparable contribution, especially since there's an Asperity Necklace option, Rancor Collar, etc.

The again, i suck at spreadsheeting. Granted that the acc+5 is a nice touch though, and i'm already meleeing in capped haste. I don't normally use my puppetmaster in situations where i do get haste (unless soloing with whm pup) like delve. In the case of Delve, a lot of groups would much rather take me as a mnk or my drk.

If Cirque was -20 delay like most people thought at first, it would have been huge, and i would have gone to get it.

Things have changed rather considerably since it was introduced though, so i guess i'm missing something
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-05-14 13:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cirque Necklace is a -10 delay on h2h for pup. To me, it just doesn't seem big enough to be a comparable contribution, especially since there's an Asperity Necklace option, Rancor Collar, etc.

The again, i suck at spreadsheeting. Granted that the acc+5 is a nice touch though, and i'm already meleeing in capped haste. I don't normally use my puppetmaster in situations where i do get haste (unless soloing with whm pup) like delve. In the case of Delve, a lot of groups would much rather take me as a mnk or my drk.

If Cirque was -20 delay like most people thought at first, it would have been huge, and i would have gone to get it.

Things have changed rather considerably since it was introduced though, so i guess i'm missing something

With Rancor Mantle, the collar shouldn't even be a consideration. Idk how cirque plays against the new Asperity neck, but I'm thinking Asperity might win if that lil bit of STP is helping and you aren't too heavy stacked on DA. Cirque + rancor/pantin has been the standard for a bit, but with the new items things might have changed. Especially considering the higher delay of rigors though, cirque might be winning overall.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-05-14 13:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Rigor Baghnaks is only Delay+60, which to me doesn't seem that high. Atleast in comparison to the Delay+96 or so of the Tlaploanli h2h.

Rancor when it came out, was supposed to have pulled ahead of Cirque because of it's Crit rate+5% for dps, if i remember correctly, in exchange for DT+10%.

I'll re-iterate again though: I haven't been able to find a Rancorous Mantle on Bismarck's AH for a while now, and I've even spent a good few weeks trying to camp it, or i'd be using it due to the fact that there really aren't that many good capes for pup to use, and Rancorous is among the best they get.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-05-14 13:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »

With Rancor Mantle, the collar shouldn't even be a consideration. Idk how cirque plays against the new Asperity neck, but I'm thinking Asperity might win if that lil bit of STP is helping and you aren't too heavy stacked on DA. Cirque + rancor/pantin has been the standard for a bit, but with the new items things might have changed. Especially considering the higher delay of rigors though, cirque might be winning overall.
Essentially this. TPing in capped haste, as everyone should be, only pushes cirque further as you add magical haste effects.

However, you're correct in Asperity throwing a slight wrench in that old standard and I've yet to see numbers supporting one over the other and have been far too busy with work to do anything with it myself.

Eik also makes an excellent point in Asperity will lose weight to Cirque if you're already stacked well with DA due to its diminishing returns, though that could possibly be made up for with the STP IF it somehow shaves a hit off which if I remember correctly you'd need an extra 5 stp on top of Rajas to do so.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-05-14 13:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

In my current set, i have a total of DA+25% from gear and /war. I'm not sure at what point DA starts to diminish it's returns for h2h, since they proc on both fists.

I did stop using the Cirque Capello +2, though I should probably include it in a pet set where the master wouldn't be meleeing at all, just for the TP bonus.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-14 14:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

No Salvage2 gear? It's pretty nice cause it allows to free the waist slot for windbuffet, or shaolin if you feel fancy.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-05-14 14:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

only salv2 gear i have is Ares, and that's not even completed yet. My group disbanded on me, and kept *** up half of the ZR II runs we went on, and had a great disdain for the zone.
 Bismarck.Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2013-05-14 14:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You said you wanted to use cirque guanti +2 without giving up on the accuracy gained from Thurandaut gloves. You created a situation that wouldn't be optimal.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-05-14 14:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zagen said: »
You said you wanted to use cirque guanti +2 without giving up on the accuracy gained from Thurandaut gloves. You created a situation that wouldn't be optimal.
And yet, Karbuncle managed to post a set that was optimal with regards to using the Cirque Guanti +2.
 Bismarck.Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2013-05-14 14:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zagen said: »
And yet, Karbuncle managed to post a set that was optimal with regards to using the Cirque Guanti +2.
Wait where are the cirque guanti +2 that you requested?

Edit: don't get me wrong the set karbuncle post is essentially what I'm aiming after just with pantin over rancorous but that set doesn't include Cirque Guanti +2 unless it was changed before I got to see it.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-05-14 16:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

My set wasn't considering Guanti+2, But, You could just swap out the hands and nothing's going to change really, Guanti+2 would just be more of a "My acc is fine" Item, or, obv, Helping your auto!
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-14 16:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I screwed up my overload model a little bit by forgetting to subtract inside a floored term.

Since the equation is piecewise it's thrown a wrench because now I have a logically flawed model that describes the system's behavior flawlessly.

As I'm reworking my numbers are beginning to line up with JP research values in places but if JP numbers are correct then Alternator has an instance of overload rate reduction attached.
 Cerberus.Zyph
user: Maerina
By Cerberus.Zyph 2013-05-14 17:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
if JP numbers are correct then Alternator has an instance of overload rate reduction attached.

Because SE's like "Why the *** not" at this point.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-05-14 17:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Alternator hidden effect: Treasure Hunter III
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-14 17:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Would anyone like to assist me in my data collection!
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-14 18:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

WELL FINE
[+]
By pchan 2013-05-14 18:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »
Still trying to figure out how I will best use this new toy (rigor)

change job to 99 and cap your fists with formless strike while farming airlixir on the matamatat.

Also I didn't follow, did Jkun actualy time her puppet against a empty reive's rock to check if altenator is game breaking as she said ?

For info to wanabe mnks, one the easiest delve NM (the raptor) has 730 evasion and requires +285 accuracy on monk to cap. MNK can do it with 2 x madrigals, RCB, salvage/delve gear. What about pup ?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-14 19:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The raptor may be a bad example because Raptors are generally more evasive than the average mob of a similar level (some raptors are THF type but I don't know if the Raptor NM is)

The Raptor NM is - for example - extremely evasive compared to the Fish or Eft NM and even the Orobon NM
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-14 19:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

As an aside Armor Shatterer's additional effect is -40/256 (~16%) and is on the same level of priority as Frightful Roar and Corrosive Ooze

Also it seems to be very accurate
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 16 17 18