Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Alternator
Alternator
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 16 17 18
 Cerberus.Balloon
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-05-16 18:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Massively unrelated, but I want Harlequins frame to come back in someway. Seeing Sylows post with the photos, I absolutely love how it looks, and am massively dissapointed it never got a use beyond "Below level 10 frame."
[+]
 Sylph.Jkun
Server: Sylph
user: Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2013-05-16 18:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Balloon said: »
Massively unrelated, but I want Harlequins frame to come back in someway. Seeing Sylows post with the photos, I absolutely love how it looks, and am massively dissapointed it never got a use beyond "Below level 10 frame."

What's stopping you from using it? The majority of players here are using PUP in solo situations. Personally, I like to *** about on Harlequin and just slapstick some ***up from time to time!
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-05-16 19:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jkun said: »

What's stopping you from using it? The majority of players here are using PUP in solo situations. Personally, I like to *** about on Harlequin and just slapstick some ***up from time to time!

But it's so bad! It's the powerglove of Automatons!
[+]
 Sylph.Jkun
Server: Sylph
user: Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2013-05-16 19:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I need to send harlequin E100 around to slap your ***up!

I agree though. Which reminds me, is Valor/waker still a viable curespam bot? I haven't used it since Soulsoother was introduced!
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-05-16 19:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I need to send harlequin E100 around to slap your ***up!

I agree though. Which reminds me, is Valor/waker still a viable curespam bot? I haven't used it since Soulsoother was introduced!

With the Vivi-valve, 70mnd and 70 vit, and Cure IV boost I'd assume it's viable. I used to use RDM frame in dynamis all the time, and Cure 4 used to do 600ish.

If you don't want any Enfeeble spam, and I assume faster tp building, I'd imagine that it'd be quite good. Especially if DAD is harder due to AoE, it'd certainly save you some mp.
By Theytak 2013-05-16 19:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So, in regards to all the new overload testing, are you guys ignoring the old testing for the sake of doing everything fresh to see how solid it was(n't)? Since sylow said "nearly everything we knew about overload was wrong", you guys have gone on to reaffirm and re-prove a fair amount of the original testing done by either Nateypoo or myself. Not all of it, mind you, and that doesn't really shock me, given how long it's been, and how much SE has *** with other automaton-related ***, but still.

I'm mostly asking for clarification so I know whether to go jump in to the testing with a blank slate, or try to gauge how much of it matches up with my previous tests. Also, I haven't paid attention to it in ages; is the test server still up? Or has that been down for a while? It's so much easier to handle this testing there where we have much finer control over the variables.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-16 19:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything we know is wrong was when I was using the wrong subtraction term!
By Theytak 2013-05-16 19:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Everything we know is wrong was when I was using the wrong subtraction term!

That would likely explain it, lol.

I'm gonna start by playing with dark maneuvers, then, to see if they're still weird as all *** (dark maneuver overloads never lasted nearly as long as the others, though they did still have a dSTAT in max MP)

Edit: I'll also get some ranged damage numbers, since my sharpshot's ranged skill is atrociously low due to my pup only ever getting used for soloing ***and more than a year away from the game.
By Theytak 2013-05-16 20:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

vs wild rabbits, no choke because my blm is level 4

STR92 DEX96 Skill 260/270
597 -> 606

STR99 DEX96 Skill 260/270
615 -> 624

STR100 DEX96 Skill 260/270
615 -> 624

STR106 DEX96 Skill 260/270
630 -> 639

STR108 DEX96 Skill 260/270
633 -> 642

STR113 DEX96 Skill 260/270
633 -> 642
- Strange outlier of 160 damage... Not really sure wth happened there, but I couldn't repeat it. Happened with 3 FM up.

STR116 DEX96 Skill 260/270
633 -> 642
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-05-16 21:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I got alternator and rigor today and took them to farm dynamis coins. Thing is things were dying -too- fast...
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Mayoyama
user: Mayoyama
By Bahamut.Mayoyama 2013-05-17 01:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I got my alternator and ran out naked into ceizak... popped my whm frame, which then proceeded to solo a mandy without any maneuvers AND without dipping below 90% hp the entire fight...

good lord....

Idk if its a confirmed bonus from the alternator or not, but just from eyeballing, the whm frame seemed to be casting spells every 2 seconds with huge amount of fast cast lol...
By Theytak 2013-05-17 14:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mayoyama said: »
I got my alternator and ran out naked into ceizak... popped my whm frame, which then proceeded to solo a mandy without any maneuvers AND without dipping below 90% hp the entire fight...

good lord....

Idk if its a confirmed bonus from the alternator or not, but just from eyeballing, the whm frame seemed to be casting spells every 2 seconds with huge amount of fast cast lol...
Haven't seen any mention of fastcast yet, but I think the easiest way to test that would be to get stormwaker to cast stoneskin on you, both with and without alternator, and with timestamp to show how long the casts take.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-17 15:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fast cast is not a hidden effect
 Cerberus.Zyph
user: Maerina
By Cerberus.Zyph 2013-05-17 15:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I mean, this is still a piece of gear, not the second coming.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-17 15:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

well I mean I tested it

Stoneskin 7 seconds either way
By Theytak 2013-05-17 16:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Something from the wiki just struck me,

Quote:
The threshold is passed after about 32~33 burden. This means you can apply two "good" maneuvers without overloading (15+15=30 burden).

this was from Nateypoo's testing, waaaaaay the hell back in '08, and my own in '10, both of which held true in all of our tests. Essentially, so long as your dSTAT was ≥ 0, you would never overload until the 3rd maneuver. Of course, this is outside of the activate burden. Also I'm going to keep calling it burden despite whatever name is supposed to be official because I've been calling it burden since 2006-7. It's too ingrained in me to suddenly change the name.

One thing I noticed very quickly after I started playing with it again is that I'm overloading a lot faster now than I did the first time around, so just from this I'm pretty confident that they have definitely tweaked how overloading works since I first tested it, and they've done so significantly.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any of my original test data, beyond what I posted in my thread on alla, so I can't compare much as precisely as I would like, but I can point out some other things I've noticed;

Firstly, as I mentioned, I'm overloading more now with the same set up than I did then, and one of the most obvious differences I noticed relates to activate. Specifically, while I was working with activate, I got a lucky string of 4 overloads at the exact same maneuver count (2), at different points (3 seconds after, 16 seconds, 31 seconds, 45 seconds). Each of these overloads happened on the second maneuver applied, and each of them had a noticeably different duration. They all occured exactly 11 seconds after the first maneuver:

Activate -> 3Seconds
- 2nd FM Overload
20:58:21 -> 20:58:52: 31 seconds

Activate -> 16 seconds
- 2nd FM Overload
20:59:55 -> 21:00:22: 27 seconds

Activate -> 31 seconds
- 2nd FM Overload
21:01:27 -> 21:01:49: 22 seconds

Activate -> 46 seconds
- 2nd FM Overload
21:02:56 -> 21:03:13: 17 seconds

All were done using Animator (the level 1 newbie one), and Harlequin frame (98 STR). Puppet had no attachments, I wore no pet-related gear, only armor that could boost my str so all the fire maneuvers would be good maneuvers, having 117 str, (Yes, I miscounted, but I was only short if I got past 3 manuevers, and I caught it almost immediately after this).

Now, the key difference here, is that when I tested activate's extra burden the first time around, it didn't matter whether you overloaded at 11 seconds after, or 59 seconds after; if you got the same number of maneuvers off, the overload would be the same duration (±1 second) until 60 seconds had passed. At least, that's how it worked for me, using the same animator/puppet/maneuver/stat difference (not sure I have the same amount for the dSTAT, since I obviously wasn't 99 at that time, but still). I know this because I ALWAYS tested using harlequin and animator, in addition to any of the other frames (usually VE) if was testing something specific that harlequin wasn't ideal for, because I remembered that natey's testing suggesting that the different puppets reacted differently to different maneuvers, though I never got around to working with that last time.

Basic gist of what I'm talking about: During my testing, burden did not decay at all for the first minute after using activate (or deus ex automata), but presently, it DOES decay during the first minute.
 Bahamut.Caelestis
user: Caelestis
By Bahamut.Caelestis 2013-05-17 23:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to state the obvious again or anything, but after getting the Alternator last night and playing around with it in crap like WoE, T~VT Ado mobs, im astounded by how ridiculously amazing this single item is. While we all know it enhances a multitude of things, the thing that strikes me the most (and i think i love the most as well) is the insane evasion this gives the automaton...i mean, the survivability of automatons is at a level now i never thought i would see.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-05-18 00:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Not so much bragging or saying I'm an epicly awesome PUP, but...

(done in Ceizak Fracture. Madrigal/March Tact/Chaos. Sole Sushi for me. PUP/WAR. WAR was WAR/SAM. We were in same party with same brd and cor buffs.)
Bloodbath Axe WAR : 266924 (first on parse)
Me (1/5 Shijin atm and Rigor h2h) : 196378
Lobo (RNG Alternator) : 102205

so my total damage with lobo and me combinded was 298583. :3 About time PUP got some loving.
 Quetzalcoatl.Killza
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Killza 2013-05-18 00:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »

so my total damage with lobo and me combinded was 298583. :3 About time PUP got some loving.

Not bragging or making anything up, but...

Uguisamaru SAM : 51234 (first on parse)
Me (1/5 Shattersoul atm and Ash Staff) : 32592
Cait Sith (MY SUMMONED PET WAZZUP) : 34923

Finally they released a pet worth having, I mean wow that SAM got owned.

Ohh emmm geee I forgot, my TOTAL DAMAGE (With my amazing pet): 67515. Added that shiz w/o a calculator too /highfive.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-05-18 01:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Killza said: »

Not bragging or making anything up, but...

Uguisamaru SAM : 51234 (first on parse)
Me (1/5 Shattersoul atm and Ash Staff) : 32592
Cait Sith (MY SUMMONED PET WAZZUP) : 34923

Finally they released a pet worth having, I mean wow that SAM got owned.

The sarcasm in that post is blinding.

Why shouldn't you add a pet job's pet damage to that person's total damage?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-05-18 01:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »

(done in Ceizak Fracture. Madrigal/March Tact/Chaos. Sole Sushi for me. PUP/WAR. WAR was WAR/SAM. We were in same party with same brd and cor buffs.)

Your merits show 5/5 shijin.. Unless in the last hour you manage to accumulte 1,080,000 limit points.

No I just haven't updated that thing in a while. Says I don't have 12/12 DEX merits but I do. I'm 1/5 Shijin atm. Need to remerit this weekend.

EDIT: Ah but I can see where you might think that. I don't have guildwork going. Not since I came back in march. I'll reinstall it and it should auto-update those merits for me tomorrow.
 Bismarck.Shirt
Server: Bismarck
user: wik1
By Bismarck.Shirt 2013-05-18 03:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone tested if anything at all carries over during level sync? Mainly at level 60 for Up In Arms?
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-05-18 03:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Does not, unfortunately
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-05-18 03:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The hidden, or additional effects of items, while under the effect of level sync shall be downplayed, or completely nullifed. The status effects, and attributes of equipment, including damage, will be scaled down, or removed, to reflect the level the party is synchronized to.

Think that's how it went when level sync was first introduced.
 Odin.Volane
Server: Odin
user: Volane
By Odin.Volane 2013-05-18 09:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah.... Alternator. I dont know if it was possible before, I guess, but just more or less solod the Cactus in Altepa.
I used Mounted Champion/Stronghold/Razed Ruins, kept at least 1 earth up for schurzen (mostly 2).
I eyeballed capped evasion, it just didnt hit Luron.

There was a thf, hitting it for th and dmg, then dieing from ??? needles, rinse and repeat. It speeds up the process but is in no way necessary.

This was w/o any pet dmg taken or even pet haste gear btw.

This thing is a beast.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-05-18 17:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

With Alternator pretty much allowing the automaton to tank Salvage II bosses and the such, would Repair Recast merits be worth replacing a skill+10 group? >.>
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-05-19 02:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I apologize for the low quality, but I didn't record it! >_>; Anywho, BR2 HQ Cerb duo with BLM and RNG automaton Frame. The third person in the area, Hopefulpunt, was there to help us enter. So was just two PUPs on it the entire time. Had a slow start but still managed to get Mayo his 45 morrigan body.

Both of us have Alternator. I had Lobo equiped with...
Tension Spring II | Heat Capacitor | Auto-Repair Kit | Eraser
Coiler | Mana Jammer II | Heatsink | Optic Fiber
Armor Plate II | Accelerator | Turbo Charger | Accelerator II
Twitch video here. :o
 Bahamut.Mayoyama
user: Mayoyama
By Bahamut.Mayoyama 2013-05-19 02:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

BLM had

Mana tank II | Mana conserver | Armor plate | Loudspeaker II
Ice maker | Stealth screen | mana channeler | Heat sink
Eraser | Mana jammer | armor plate II | power cooler

Not optimal I know, and prob could have swapped it around a bit (like adding disruptor)
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 16 17 18