Kaboom! A Guide for Black Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 41 42 43
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-23 17:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, Psilomene over HQ Ghastly? God dammit, now I need to hunt that down.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-12-23 17:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Few more sets I hadn't added yet

ItemSet 340526 ItemSet 340528 ItemSet 340527 ItemSet 340529

I'm actually fairly uncertain about the cure set... I opt out of using Shedir Seraweels in Aquaveil in order to break 100% spell interupt, not to mention wearing non-ilvl while getting hit is gross. You can obviously use Shedir for a set where you aren't getting hit. Same logic applies to Stoneskin.

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Wow, Psilomene over HQ Ghastly? God dammit, now I need to hunt that down.

Yes. But it's less than a 1% increase in damage, Strobilus works as well but doesn't have the Enmity- and HP+ like Psilomene does.
 Asura.Toralin
Server: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2015-12-24 09:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

All this death talk, I see amlaric hands obviously being used, is everyone using the MP path over the INT path?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-12-24 11:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Last I saw, Stoneskin was still capped at 350 HP base potency. With 316 Enhancing skill, that requires only 75 MND. You're probably over 75 MND on BLM naked, and certainly are if you accidentally wear some iLevel gear.

Should be using Nodens Gorget, Shedir Seraweels (lowers requirement to 70 MND), Siegel Sash, and (if you feel like carrying it) Earthcry Earring. Should absorb 445 HP with all those pieces, although I personally don't bother with Earthcry Earring. Rather than wearing interruption gear, I prefer to wear DT gear.

How many monsters are you fighting that you can't time Stoneskin or Aquaveil casts between damages? I can't remember the last time I got interrupted when actually playing my character, including when doing -ja pulls in Reisenjima. If a monster does randomly use a TP move on me me mid-cast, typically getting interrupted is the less of a worry for me than getting oneshotted.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-24 12:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
All this death talk, I see amlaric hands obviously being used, is everyone using the MP path over the INT path?

I followed advice in this thread and built separate Amalric hands just for death bursting, and I use path D hands for regular nukes/bursts.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-12-24 13:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Last I saw, Stoneskin was still capped at 350 HP base potency. With 316 Enhancing skill, that requires only 75 MND. You're probably over 75 MND on BLM naked, and certainly are if you accidentally wear some iLevel gear.

Should be using Nodens Gorget, Shedir Seraweels (lowers requirement to 70 MND), Siegel Sash, and (if you feel like carrying it) Earthcry Earring. Should absorb 445 HP with all those pieces, although I personally don't bother with Earthcry Earring. Rather than wearing interruption gear, I prefer to wear DT gear.

My stoneskin set posted has just about everything you mentioned sans Shedir Seraweels. Any ilvl armor you see in that set is used for its spell interruption rate to reach 100% (I even mentioned that right below the posted sets)

I basically built those sets around Reisenjima 2 when I'm mass ajaing 5+ mobs at a time because Mantis don't *** around and can pretty much annihilate you if you pull more than a few at a time. It's a bit of a more tricky situation for me since I always dualbox a 2nd BLM and alternate mana wall on them so I can usually finish off the mobs with the mana wall'd blm while the other one is rebuffing. I dunno, if you really think the set is useless I'll go back to my old set that used DT, or I could always just make both.

Asura.Toralin said: »

If you're using NQ, you can make two separate pairs, I got an HQ the other night though so I selectively change the augments between Path A and D depending on the event. I don't think it's necessary to switch unless you're doing something important like WoC or Teles. Even before I changed my Death sets I was already hitting 99,999 on WoC bracelets 100% of the time, but I think it'd be helpful if you're planning on trying to burst 6+ BLM all at the same time and have them all land 99,999s.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2015-12-24 14:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm yeah I have HQ amalric, hard to justify 2 HQ's since the cost of hands is insane. then you get a NQ with MP and you lose the set bonus correct? NQ/HQ dont mix/match for set bonuses?
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-12-24 14:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

No, HQ Path D are still a near 4% improvement over NQ Path A, which HQ Path A are a near 8% improvement. You're really better off just switching between A and D between events since it doesn't cost any extra eschalixirs.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2015-12-24 14:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
No, HQ Path D are still a near 4% improvement over NQ Path A, which HQ Path A are a near 8% improvement. You're really better off just switching between A and D between events since it doesn't cost any extra eschalixirs.
Yeah that seems to be the best
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-12-29 09:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I only actually needed 74 JPs to get stars, but I wanted to see how high I could get my CP/hr:
no bands, 5 trusts. It did spike up to 5.3 or 5.4 a few times on -ajas, but 5.2mil cp/hr was pretty much the top.

I did not disable NMs, but none spawned.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2015-12-29 10:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you use Star Sibel? I find her nice b/c u dont even have to engage and she puts a small acumen on
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-12-29 10:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I was using Amchuchu, King Of Hearts, Kupofried, Apururu, and Kupipi. I like having two WHMs because sometimes I go quite a few fights between swings and I'd like to have two cures coming when I do finally swing again.

Amchuchu is basically around for Ascended Mantis/Beetle. Kupofried is obvious, and then it's a tossup between Star Sibyl (~15 MAB?) and King Of Hearts (another cure, Refresh II sometimes, Haste II sometimes). I go with KoH to be safe, but Star Sibyl would probably work okay too.
 Odin.Gimpers
Server: Odin
user: Gimpers
By Odin.Gimpers 2015-12-29 15:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

What is your killing technique? What spells do you use to kill each mob?

I'm back from a year+ away from the game and I'm trying to get myself familiar again.
 Ragnarok.Forsakengriever
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Forsakengriever 2015-12-29 20:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy crap that's a lot of sets. Was out of town until today for holidays. Will update the first page with those tables asap.
 Asura.Regicide
user: voiceless
By Asura.Regicide 2015-12-29 20:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

BLM is one of the hardest jobs to gear for now T.T
By Titanfoo 2015-12-29 20:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone please post an Occult Acumen -Death set- MB HQ- for Firesday /pup for starters on a budget - SoA expansion, for San'dorians only with TH+4, 2100 JP JP ONRY.....
[+]
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-12-30 01:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I only actually needed 74 JPs to get stars, but I wanted to see how high I could get my CP/hr:
no bands, 5 trusts. It did spike up to 5.3 or 5.4 a few times on -ajas, but 5.2mil cp/hr was pretty much the top.

I did not disable NMs, but none spawned.

Which area# did you kill and which mobs?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-12-30 05:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

That was between Warp #2 and #4 in Reisenjima. I was killing Faaz, Beetles, and Mantises. I could only get up that high at night because Beetles spawn.

The secret is to attack the closest monster and cast -ajas if there's another mob in range. Just keep killing whatever is closest and you'll minimize running time, which is a cp killer. Don't do pulls that are too big or you'll die / not kill fast enough.
[+]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-12-30 07:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I did not disable NMs, but none spawned.[/quote]

Off topic. What's the GM next to your name? You a GM now working for SE? Lol
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-12-30 08:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Naw, that's GM mode, which disables collisions. I hate monster crowds. Thanks to trusts, I'm always in a monster crowd.
 Ragnarok.Forsakengriever
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Forsakengriever 2015-12-31 12:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated some of the stuff on the front page and added in Ram's sets he posted a couple posts ago. Still need to update weapons, mp resting, anything else anybody wants, and the verbage all over the front page ._. gotta run to work. Will try and get some more of it done this weekend.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-12-31 12:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

personally I think hmp is a useless set because if you run out of MP on blm with all the tools available for MP recovery, you're probably doing something wrong . . . although if you want me to be useful, it might be something like this?

ItemSet 340819

as for weapons, you'll want to look into

Lathi
Grioavolr
Keraunos

for good/decent staves, and

Atinian Staff
Eminent Pole

for starter staves
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-01-01 08:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be better to use a 2 Refresh Hat, 3 Refresh Body, and arguably 1 Refresh hands/legs depending how many ticks you're going down for.

2 Refresh hands/legs/feet are definitelybetter, if you roll deep with Dark Matter.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-01-01 20:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't realize Grioavolr got MP on it. Grioavolr is BIS for death for people w/ Amalric +1 assuming high MP/MAB/MB augments. I believe the caps are 100/30/10 respectively? Appears to be a 4% improvement over Lathi.

according to spreadsheet, this 43 mp/23mab/9mb dmg Grioavolr is roughly equal to Lathi (about .01% different), so that should be approx the benchmark augment

edit: also if you need locus ring/static earring to cap mb dmg, grioavolr is better than lathi if you can get 25mab, 2 int while keeping capped MB and switching to friomisi/shiva +1 (this mostly applies to people using amalric +1 that isn't slops)
By Dsuza 2016-01-02 20:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey everyone, I have a question about Amalric Nails +1

When SE announced that there would be enhancements/changes to the 119 Abj gear in this thread: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/49425

It says the +1 Nails would now have Magic Damage +20 instead of +11 like before.

But I notice on the icon of the +1 Nails it still says +11 and not +20.

So the question(s) is, does it really have +20 and the Stats on the feet/icon not changed/updated? Or was that a mistake by SE in that thread/link I posted?

As always, thanks in advance!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-01-02 21:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Easiest way to test is to use SMN or SCH and /DRK for Bio II without an MAB Cheer.

Bio II has a base magic damage of 50 and no stat modifier, so if you're naked on one of those jobs /DRK (no MAB traits) it should do 50 damage. When you put on Amalric +1 feet, it will get the MAB and MDMG from them.

11 MDMG = 61*1.32 = 80 damage
20 MDMG = 70*1.32 = 92 damage

Recommended to do it on low level enemies (like the guys right outside cities) because they don't have MDB or Shell access yet.
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-01-02 21:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you Ramsus for the updated sets.

I have to be honest I am a bit at lost with the merlinic augments, which augments does your sets are based onto?
By Dsuza 2016-01-02 21:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey thank you very much for the fast reply Byrth.

I don't have though jobs so I can not test myself. I will try to find someone that does though and ask them!

*Edit* and yes thank you everyone for all the info in this thread in general and keeping it updated!
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-01-03 23:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Krystela said: »
Thank you Ramsus for the updated sets.

I have to be honest I am a bit at lost with the merlinic augments, which augments does your sets are based onto?

click on the item set you're interested in, it usually has the assumptions listed there.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-01-04 08:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Easiest way to test is to use SMN or SCH and /DRK for Bio II without an MAB Cheer.

Bio II has a base magic damage of 50 and no stat modifier, so if you're naked on one of those jobs /DRK (no MAB traits) it should do 50 damage. When you put on Amalric +1 feet, it will get the MAB and MDMG from them.

11 MDMG = 61*1.32 = 80 damage
20 MDMG = 70*1.32 = 92 damage

Recommended to do it on low level enemies (like the guys right outside cities) because they don't have MDB or Shell access yet.
Tested:
68 naked
94 boots+1

SCH/DRK 2100 JP
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 41 42 43