Forum » FFXI » General » Skirmish
Skirmish
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2013-04-13 02:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Crobaci is nice, but regardless of what SE has planned for R/E/M I'm still slowly grinding away towards rag and mandau. I don't see skirmish weapons and getting the stones for good augments being attainable for casual players like me anytime soon. And the AM/acc on rag is too much too ignore. Skirmish seems like an out of reach event IMO and I don't see it changing. If I had the Gil to buy skirmish parts I'd already have multiple relics. I really don't see why some relic holders are mad about these weapons, there not very easy to obtain, and I'd rather have the relic counterpart on most of them Evan with aug's.
 Phoenix.Salmijr
Server: Phoenix
user: Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2013-04-13 03:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems pretty easy to farm pieces in Foret or Rala if you go during off peak hours. Even casual players I know have gotten 2 pieces already.
And the weapons and stones seem to be loading off your personal pool, so no need to try and win lots etc.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2013-04-13 03:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Skirmish is exactly the same as other events, except the requirements for entry are reversed. Instead of entering for free and grinding for 2 hours a day for 2 months(just as boring as farming your own skirmish items), you have to either buy or farm your entry items. The event itself is just as easy or even easier than meebles or neo-salv, except that drops are far more plentiful.

Let's not forget, you shouldn't be paying for entry items alone, you have 5 other people to split the costs with, so that 30-40M for 3 parts turns into 5-7M entry cost per person.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-04-13 03:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol well looks like it's time to buy the expansion and farm some entry items while the prices are still high. Looks like a gold mine, but I'd assume it'd be painfully tedious, but oh well
[+]
 Odin.Registry
Server: Odin
user: R3G1STRY
By Odin.Registry 2013-04-13 03:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Lol well looks like it's time to buy the expansion and farm some entry items while the prices are still high. Looks like a gold mine, but I'd assume it'd be painfully tedious, but oh well

I think a friend tried/is trying this...

Pretty sure he was (or may still be) out there for 4 hours killing mobs for soul pyres and got nothing.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2013-04-13 03:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

That's still a good amount of Gil for a casual player. I have some Gil for sure, but it's tied down to saving for relics wich I hold in higher regards then the skirmish weapons. I got about 2-3 hours of play time during jp prime time and doing helm for an extremely low chance at 1/3 a skirmish pop that I have a 1 in 13 chance at a base weapon that's not Evan as good as a relic don't seem like the best decision lol. If you got time or Gil to burn then maybe skirmish is for you, I dont. Atm skirmish is a pretty unatainable event for the people that could actually use those weapons. Not that it should change though, working on 2 relics makes me appreciate the people that have them, although my OaT drk is pretty sexy and parses pretty decently.
 Phoenix.Ayrendel
Server: Phoenix
user: Ayrendel
By Phoenix.Ayrendel 2013-04-13 03:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Salmijr said: »
Seems pretty easy to farm pieces in Foret or Rala if you go during off peak hours. Even casual players I know have gotten 2 pieces already.

Which casuals can out-casual the casuals that Square-Enix wants to win the casual war? Only casuals will tell.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mesic
Server: Fenrir
user: Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2013-04-14 00:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to be mistaken for a Simulacron of course. One of my favorite cult indie films.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Tigredor
Server: Asura
user: Tigredor
By Asura.Tigredor 2013-04-14 01:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
And the AM/acc on rag is too much too ignore.

[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-04-14 01:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUURRGEEEEE
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2013-04-15 21:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

OP has been updated with more augments from the JP wiki as well as from the BG thread.

Also, Flippant posted this on the BG thread:

Quote:
Cirdas: dagger, h2h, bow, SMN staff, scythe, gkt
Rala: gaxe, gsword, club, gun, katana, BLM/GEO/SCH staff

I'm not adding it to the OP yet because it needs confirmation, but definitely an interesting observation to keep an eye on whenever you may do Skirmish.
 Quetzalcoatl.Rokusho
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Rokusho
By Quetzalcoatl.Rokusho 2013-04-15 22:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

so... why rala or foret is better to farm skirmish...??
By Kariana 2013-04-16 10:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I am curious. If there has been any alignment of loot. Can you get any weapon from either skirmish? Or is it certain weapons from certain zones?
By Himsaa 2013-04-16 10:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Infierno said: »
Legendarycloud this is some awesome job you have done here
Your linkshell must be proud!

we're not
By Himsaa 2013-04-16 11:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »

I got 3 in 3 days, 5 total in 2 weeks. Countless hours. However, you will still make a killing mining at the moment anyway because of the items. They are slowly dropping in price too though. Point is, don't bother. It sucks