Cannot Add More Service Accounts?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » Cannot add more service accounts?
Cannot add more service accounts?
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-03-28 20:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

This is probably the last place to post a topic about this, but I am at my wit's end.

So I bought Seekers of Adoulin from the SE store, I got the e-mail; downloaded and installed the expansion. Then I ran the update on POL. The new music plays, but the expansion bar in the title screen is still greyed out.

Ok; I just need to register the expansion on my SE account then, I thought to myself.

So I went there and clicked on the bright blue button 'Add Service Account'. I filled in the code SE provided me (starting with FFKU) and then I get this message:

You cannot add expanded services because either the maximum number of service accounts have been added/registered or there are no service accounts to which the expanded services can be added/registered.

I made absolutely sure there are no typo's or anything, but the code is filled in correctly. Does anyone have any suggestion or even solution for this problem?

If all else fails I'll try contact Square Enix tomorrow, but I've had a lot of trouble reaching them. Maybe since I'm European or something...

Thanks in advance.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-03-29 03:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone..?
By Artemicion 2013-03-29 04:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gameesh said: »
Anyone..?

Not sure what to say, as it is strange for it to give that message before it even pertains to a particular account. Double check your options list for activated services/expansions on the bottom of the page. If SoA isn't there, then you'd best call SE and see why it won't accept your code.

Also I have previously mistaken zeros for Os, as well as ones for Is when registering services. Just sayin.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-03-29 10:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
Anyone..?

Not sure what to say, as it is strange for it to give that message before it even pertains to a particular account. Double check your options list for activated services/expansions on the bottom of the page. If SoA isn't there, then you'd best call SE and see why it won't accept your code.

Also I have previously mistaken zeros for Os, as well as ones for Is when registering services. Just sayin.

What do you mean with activated services? I transfered my POL account (or rather linked it) to my SE account ages ago. At the time it listed all expansions; RoZ > Abyssea but it doesn't list them anymore for some weird reason. The content is still accesible through my POL without problems and my SE account still says my correct POL when logged in. I hope that all makes sense somehow...

And about the mistakes you mentioned, the sad thing is my code has no characters that can be misread. I had taken into consideration the possiblity of typo's, but that doesn't apply in my case I'm afraid...
By doublesbrian 2013-03-29 10:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing I can think of is you have a NA code and EU account or vise versa. It will outright refuse to work if you're in a different region. Did you by chance buy the initial game off steam or amazon or something and now getting a different version of the expansion?
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-03-29 10:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

doublesbrian said: »
The only thing I can think of is you have a NA code and EU account or vise versa. It will outright refuse to work if you're in a different region. Did you by chance buy the initial game off steam or amazon or something and now getting a different version of the expansion?

I have an USA POL account and all of the FF11 content on my PC is also American; I'm pretty sure. All boxes say T (Teen rating), which indicates it's an American game right? We use different ratings here in the EU.

In the event that, somehow, I do need an EU Seekers of Adoulin, would it be sufficient to just buy an EU registration code...?
By doublesbrian 2013-03-29 10:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I have an USA POL account and all of the FF11 content on my PC is also American; I'm pretty sure. All boxes say T (Teen rating), which indicates it's an American game right? We use different ratings here in the EU.

In the event that, somehow, I do need an EU Seekers of Adoulin, would it be sufficient to just buy an EU registration code...?

This is just a guess on my part(I could be wrong), but you said you have a usa pol.

You also said you bought the expansion from the square enix store? and you live in the EU? They more than likely sent you the EU code based on your ip/address and it's not working because you have the NA Playonline. You would actually have to buy the NA code to get it to work. I'm pretty sure you can pick up the code from amazon.com if you put in a fake US address/zip code or something. Or I think there was a thread on here about people needing to swap codes because they bought the wrong one.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-03-29 10:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

This is just a guess on my part(I could be wrong), but you said you have a usa pol.

You also said you bought the expansion from the square enix store? and you live in the EU? They more than likely sent you the EU code and it's not working because you have the NA Playonline. You would actually have to buy the NA code to get it to work. I'm pretty sure you can pick up the code from amazon.com if you put in a fake US address/zip code or something. Or I think there was a thread on here about people needing to swap codes because they bought the wrong one.

Yes I bought it from the SE store; but I thought that was the American one?
I'm currently in-wait with SE to start a chat session about this problem, so could you perhaps link me to that thread where people are swapping codes?
By doublesbrian 2013-03-29 11:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is the thread:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/37165/registration-code-trading-soa/

I'm really not sure how the SE store determines which code to send. There is both a US and EU square enix store and i'm not sure if it forces your region when you buy stuff from there. All I know is that my friend who lives in EU now always has his family in the US buy the code.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-03-29 11:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you. SE is still not responding to me, so... argh =(
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-03-29 11:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it... normal for SE to not answer the phone at all? They have been open for 45 min now haven't they?
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-03-29 13:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

have hte same issues

live in usa
game is eu

cannot go to eu store it kicks me out cause im from the states
bought from the NA store

get same message.

'i dont get why se cna still keeps things so F#cking HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE over complex on something pretty simple

the NA suppor was over 1hour to answer their phone and directed me to eu support
eu support answered in 5 mins told me to contact na support
contacte na suppor. todl me to send a e-mail
no repsonsse on email yet.
also seam they are out of EU codes so you cant buy eu expansiaon... REALLY

i cant grasp how yuo can runs things this badly

offcause they cant to the one right thing and change my account to be NA based since im living here now. apparently SE cannot grasp that we not all live and die in the city we wher born in.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-03-29 14:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

SE just called me back i got a VERY nice suporter in the phone that emailed me 2 new eu codes instead of my na ones
 Ragnarok.Kongming
Server: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2013-03-29 14:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
SE just called me back i got a VERY nice suporter in the phone that emailed me 2 new eu codes instead of my na ones
Wow, really? Can you detail your process? I have a similar problem (albeit my POL account region is JP and I'm in NA) and they refuse to help me, mostly saying I need to contact JP support (which I did, and they just told me to contact NA support).
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-03-31 13:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So I finally got through to SE with a chat session (last friday) and they told me to send my problem to a consolesupport e-mail adress.
I really hope there's gonna be a response on monday, although I'm not expecting something before wednesday if I'll be honest with myself...
There have been several (small) maintenances on the SE account management system lately, although none adressed any of the code problems sadly.
So in my case all I can do is wait at the moment :/
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-03-31 19:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

While I'm waiting on a response I'd like to know if anyone else out there ever had a problem like this. It's... ridiculously sad how there are so many issues when SE switched to a digital download instead of an actual CD-ROM expansion, like all the others...
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-04-01 12:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok this is probably going to sound really stupid, but I just want to make sure I did nothing wrong:

On the page where you add a service account (on your SE account), does it list all the other expansions linked to your current POL account? (i.e Aht Urgahn and so on).

Because on that page, my SE account says that 'there are no active service accounts at the moment. Are expansions even listed here or do they mean something else entirely?

I know it's best to wait on SE's reply but if I can solve the dang problem somehow through a forum or just ruling out stuff that can't be wrong, then that would be great.

I wanna unlock GEO and RUN already... >.<
 Cerberus.Halticus
Server: Cerberus
user: Halticus
By Cerberus.Halticus 2013-04-01 12:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok this is probably going to sound really stupid, but I just want to make sure I did nothing wrong:

On the page where you add a service account (on your SE account), does it list all the other expansions linked to your current POL account? (i.e Aht Urgahn and so on).

Because on that page, my SE account says that 'there are no active service accounts at the moment. Are expansions even listed here or do they mean something else entirely?

I know it's best to wait on SE's reply but if I can solve the dang problem somehow through a forum or just ruling out stuff that can't be wrong, then that would be great.

No, the Add service account will not show the list of expansions you have. Only the Options List will show those.
By doublesbrian 2013-04-01 12:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

When I log in, I click 'Select Service', Then I click 'Final Fantasy XI'

At the top it should have 2 buttons, Add Service Account and Playonline(Add Playonline Service Account).

Then under that it has Active Service Accounts and shows my ABCD1234 playonline login and I can click 'option list' or 'cancel service'. If you don't see anything the Active Service Accounts then you don't have your playonline linked with your square enix account.

If that's the case:

If you do see your playonline ID under active service accounts, then just click Add service account at the top. It will ask you for your registration code, you just type it in and click next. Then you can choose to link it to your playonline account. If it doesn't give you an option to link it, and you get an error code when you click next, then I'm pretty sure you've got the wrong region code like i said before.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-04-01 12:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

When I log in, I click 'Select Service', Then I click 'Final Fantasy XI'

At the top it should have 2 buttons, Add Service Account and Playonline(Add Playonline Service Account).

Then under that it has Active Service Accounts and shows my ABCD1234 playonline login and I can click 'option list' or 'cancel service'. If you don't see anything the Active Service Accounts then you don't have your playonline linked with your square enix account.

If that's the case:

If you do see your playonline ID under active service accounts, then just click Add service account at the top. It will ask you for your registration code, you just type it in and click next. Then you can choose to link it to your playonline account. If it doesn't give you an option to link it, and you get an error code when you click next, then I'm pretty sure you've got the wrong region code like i said before.

DUDE!!!! I could kiss you right now! That was totally my problem! For some reason my SquareEnix account wasn't the same as my POL account. There was a one letter difference O_O;
So I logged in as the CORRECT account, filled in the code and BAM: registered. Omg...

Thank you thank you thank you!!!