Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 72 73 74 ... 188 189 190
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-08-05 13:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Both look absolutely crap. First one is beaten by Macbain for DD and the second one is crushed by Aettir for tanking.

Almost all of the base stats on the new JSE weapons look underwhelming, but apparently all of them can be augmented. So can't really judge them until we understand the augment possibilities.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-10 02:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Thoughts on Lustratio for WS?
Body path A could probably be BiS for Resolution (we don't know body path D though).

The other slots could likely be BiS for Dimidiation?
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-08-10 03:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Two new Great Swords from the update.

Humility
PLD, DRK, RUN
DMG:270 Delay:480 STR+15 DEX+15
VIT+15 Accuracy+15 Attack+15
Magic Evasion+25
Magic Accuracy skill +188
Great Sword skill +242
Parrying skill +242
Enmity+7

This one is from Sinister Reign and comes with some random augments in a fixed path (similar to JSE capes) for free.

Macbain: att+20 acc+20 da+6 dmg+36 vs. Humility: str+9 att+10 acc+10 dmg+14

Assuming max augments given above and taking into account att and acc differences due to str/dex; dmg+20 da+6 delay+30 vs. str+24 dex+16 att+23 acc+17

Considering the potentially ridicilous cost of Skirmish augments and the high chance of getting max (or very close) augments in Sinister Reign, Humility is a pretty good option. It also gives meva+25 and enmity+7 in favor of RUN.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-08-10 13:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
It also gives meva+25 and enmity+7 in favor of RUN.

This is a really good point, and for a non-Ergon RUN would be a nice tanking alternative that also gives a bit more offensive power.

Currently I have a near max Macbain or Aettir as my main options, and when tanking fights without especially dangerous physical damage (i.e. Aettir's PDT II-5% isn't doing much) I often still prefer Aettir to the easily superior offense of Macbain, almost solely due to the enmity+10. I wouldn't give a second thought to switching that for a Humility thanks to it still retaining some enmity+, additional meva, and the FAR better offensive stats compared to Aettir.

If I was totally focusing on best DD set (say, grinding CP), I'd still use my Macbain - but for people who haven't suffered through the augment game you're getting to nearly sidegrade territory with Humility and decent augs, which seem easy to get.

Quote:
Quote:
Humility
PLD, DRK, RUN
DMG:270 Delay:480 STR+15 DEX+15
VIT+15 Accuracy+15 Attack+15
Magic Evasion+25
Magic Accuracy skill +188
Great Sword skill +242
Parrying skill +242
Enmity+7
Humility: str+9 att+10 acc+10 dmg+14

Let's also not forget that the STR DEX Acc Atk are FANTASTIC for Dimidiation.
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-08-11 05:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Max augments for Humility were recently updated on bgwiki; str+10 att+10 acc+10 dmg+15
By fillerbunny9 2015-08-12 19:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Max-augmented Samnuha Coat looks to be a nice alternative to Count's Garb if you were unable to acquire one for the fifteen minutes Vagary was popular. is a max augmented Dampening Tam currently the best hat for DD purposes?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-12 19:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Maxed Samnuha Coat easily trumps Count's Garb in every way. Dampening Tam with ideal augments easily replaces other melee pieces, even a perfect Taeon hat, and has MDT as a nice bonus. I'm pretty much full-timing it except for when I need PDT, in which I'll swap in Lithelimb Cap.
By dedrummer000 2015-08-12 21:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

coat is amazing for dimidiation->dimidiation-> light-> lunge
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-19 02:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Thoughts on Lustratio/+1 gear for RUN?
Should be pretty good for Dimidiation, possibly Best in Slot, according to the augments you pick? (granted that you might have to eat a big acc loss, depending on them)

Also, while most pieces focus on DEX, most also have big amounts of STR.
Could some pieces prove to be good for Resolution as well?
(granted that you need a lot of attack for Res as well, and Lustratio doesn't really provide a lot)
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-08-19 13:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
Max-augmented Samnuha Coat looks to be a nice alternative to Count's Garb if you were unable to acquire one for the fifteen minutes Vagary was popular. is a max augmented Dampening Tam currently the best hat for DD purposes?

It's amazingly good, though Adhemar+1 is the king (and is likely to remain virtually impossible to get). I'm thrilled with my max aug Dampening Tam though. Outside of Adhemar though, yeah the Tam blows everything else away. I'd no longer have any need for my perfect aug TA Taeon Chapeau if only PUP was on the Tam...
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-19 14:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »

Dampening is an exceptional TP piece for basically every job on it. Massive accuracy, multi attack, and huge DEX makes it a monster. Adhemar Bonnet +1 can beat it, but you'll need to use basically the entire set for the crit rate bonus in order to do so.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-08-19 14:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Adhemar Bonnet +1 can beat it, but you'll need to use basically the entire set for the crit rate bonus in order to do so.

Full Adhemar+1 set: better chance I'll see a unicorn outside my bedroom window this afternoon. So yeah, Dampening Tam!

Dampening Tam (max augs) and Samnuha Tights (near max) have me absolutely giddy, as I specialize in all the "light DD" gear jobs. Sinister Reign is THE BEST.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-19 15:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, pretty much. It'll be quite some time before most players even see 1 of the HQ reforged hexed gear, let alone an entire set. So, until then, I'll take the colossal strength of Reign items.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-19 15:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Of the 3 sets RUN can wear, Carmine is probably the easiest to HQ, since there's no simple way to reliably mass farm Angel Skins, nor the sheer volume of crap needed for Kheper/Adhemar. That said, combining Carmine Cuisses +1 with say, the Mask +1 (not counting path Ds which are largely unknown), you'd have a considerable accuracy set. Since Sechs keeps mentioning it, Hecatomb 119 might be best, but I haven't carefully examined it or alternatives, nor are all the augments in yet.

All my love and devotion to Sinister Reign, the coolest event in the game.
[+]
 Shiva.Chumm
Server: Shiva
user: ithorien
By Shiva.Chumm 2015-08-19 18:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

This is definitely a dumb question but I honestly can't see a definitive answer anywhere and couldn't figure out an easy way to test....

When you use a ward, it applies to the element your rune is protecting you from, not the element of the rune, right? So vallation with a lux rune provides mdt against dark? I assume it's gotta work this way but either nothing is clear or I am dumb.
By dedrummer000 2015-08-19 22:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Chumm said: »
This is definitely a dumb question but I honestly can't see a definitive answer anywhere and couldn't figure out an easy way to test....

When you use a ward, it applies to the element your rune is protecting you from, not the element of the rune, right? So vallation with a lux rune provides mdt against dark? I assume it's gotta work this way but either nothing is clear or I am dumb.

yea thats right, so ignis protects against ice and so on
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-08-19 22:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

So what are you guys doing for JP farming? My RUN kills quite slow, even in decent melee gear and all that. Solo (COR dualbox) only netting 700k~ cp/hour at 450 JP's. Is Fell Cleave that good and I need to go find a great axe? Should I be a puller for a cleave pt? Or just stick to full group bat parties and let the other DD's carry the damage?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-19 22:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

A few options:

A) Use as much multi-attack (OAT or Epeolatry probably best for this), /SAM, and try to self-skillchain. If you're using a COR dual box, you could try giving yourself SAM roll to help consistently pull this off.
B) Grab a great axe (I'd recommend Beheader), and Fell Cleave in Escha - Zi'Tah, either tarichuks/bugards or dragons/puks. /SAM is recommended here too. With Battuta, you can definitely grab a shitload of stuff, especially if you use the "right wall" trick to line them up.
C) Pull for a cleaving party (usually made of BLUs or BSTs or whatever). This might be a hard sell, but in practice it works extremely well. Use as much defensive gear and simply aggro everything, bringing them to the preferred cleaving location. Once the cleavers start their coordinated attacks, rebuff yourself as necessary and get ready to go again (spawn dependent). Sometimes, you can even use OFA or Valiance to rip hate off the cleavers. I'd recommend either /BLU (Cocoon) or /SAM (Seigan Third Eye).
D) Join a traditional CP party.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-08-19 23:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I can already pull off A, I'm a main melee DD and most gear transfers over. But it's still painfully slow. Pointwatch shows me averaging 700k once Trizek is off, my THF pulls 1.5mil same camp >.>

I do want a Beheader, but one of those drops Borealis hasn't given me (thanks Deliverance +1) and the NM is fairly annoying and a bit lower in demand with Zitah no longer being the hot endgame zone.

I was asked to do that earlier...but was burned out, I'll consider joining next time I get the option.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-20 01:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
So what are you guys doing for JP farming?
Pulling stuff in slime room Vagary.
Pulling huge trains of stuff in Woh Gates @ bats (the whole bat room, which then gets instakilled by my party, or from the other corridor Umbrils, Bats and Dullahans)
Pulling a lot of Aern and Hpmede in Escha - Ru'aun.

Edit:
Jeanpaul what is the "right wall" trick?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-20 02:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Right wall trick is where you pull a group of enemies and then bring them over to a wall, and position yourself so that the wall is to your right, with the enemies in front of you. For reasons I assume are related to NPC pathing, this causes them to all bunch up alongside the wall, ensuring that they are all lined up for conal attacks and parry/block/guard. Doing this, especially with Battuta, can give you an insane amount of TP, making cleaving very realistic for RUN (and not a bad way to farm Salvage). Note that the wall itself sometimes needs to be fairly smooth, otherwise the enemies might climb up onto ledges and things.

I recall someone posting a picture of how it works, but I can't find it. I could make one myself if you want.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-08-20 02:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a section about this in the WAR guide under Cleaving. Has some diagrams/pics irrc.
[+]
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-08-20 17:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got Double attack +4% Enmity +6 Embolden +14 Damage Taken -5% augment on Evasionnist's Cape, BOOYA! :P
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-21 01:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Almost perfect, grats!
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-08-21 08:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So Temper and another CP gift makes things feel a bit more reasonable for CPing, so that's nice. My DoT feels pretty solid now with all the multi-strikes.

Now looking at our gifts, the enhancing magic duration. Is that for only self-buffs? For only enhancing magic (as in based off of that skill) or any buff put onto us? Specifically, would our gift stack with entrusted spells?
By Zaeeth 2015-08-21 10:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Entrusted spells are GEO spells so most likely only affected by Indi-duration gear.

I'd imagine that buffs cast on us would be affect by that final gift of enhancing magic duration. I would have preferred Haste as that 1200 gift. We've got most of the other enhancing magic RDM spells why not haste right?

Temper is pretty fun. In CP situations with my BLU friend and his BRD mule I can't drop WSs fast enough to keep up with TP generation. And that was pre-Epeolatry.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-21 12:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Now looking at our gifts, the enhancing magic duration. Is that for only self-buffs? For only enhancing magic (as in based off of that skill) or any buff put onto us? Specifically, would our gift stack with entrusted spells?
Seems to only apply to Enhancing magic, but works for any spells you receive, including those cast on you by others. With these traits and the right gear, you can get Embolden buffs to last around their normal duration.
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2015-09-03 05:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,
Anyone have a 4 hit set as /SAM ?
Was curious to see if its usefull as DD mode.

thks in advance
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2015-09-03 12:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 337607

With STP +6 on GS, got STP +64 (63 if abju nq) so with a macbain @ 510 delay, is enough, but don't know if its viable or not.

Since 61 is needed to reach hit, maybe swap rawhide boots with qaaxo one is better.

Need to made some test (and drop both earing and abju too)
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-09-05 07:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess dual Vampirism wins for dual wielding if accurracy is good enough?
First Page 2 3 ... 72 73 74 ... 188 189 190