Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 64 65 66 ... 188 189 190
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-01-15 07:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

A ruinator build for giggles would be nice xd
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2015-01-15 09:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kanryu said: »
BG = Blank Gaze
GW = Geist Wall

And as for your other questions, yes. /SAM for the most part is the superior sub if you are expecting to DD, /NIN for single target ability tanking (AA GK/HM etc), /BLU for AoE or things that pierce shadows or AoE tanking.

If I'm having trouble or think I will tanking off a DD, I will /BLU. It has a higher potential to take damage than /NIN but usually better spike emnity. That being said there is no longer a clear winner between /NIN and /BLU in terms of "best" tank sub in my opinion. It has become pretty situational fight to fight.

I'd even go so far as to say /DRK with a decent MAcc set is a better tank than /WAR. /DRK has was my go-to for hybrid roles. It can DD with only slightly worse performance than /SAM and still tank like old NIN/DRK did if you really have to. Although I have not used it much in recent times.

/DRK was useful cause it doesn't hinder your cast / recast on hate spells like Flash / Foil while also adding a third hate spell via Stun. The problem with /SAM is that Hasso / Seigan both screw with cast / recast times which would interfere with hate building using CE tools. /SAM works great when your playing a support-DD role, using valiance / OFA while also dealing damage and supporting other melee's. If someone needs to be a "pure" tank and focus as much hate on themselves, then they are going to need /NIN or /BLU. Of course you can't switch subs outside of your MH and sometimes you need to ability so switch from support-DD to tank and that's when /DRK is useful. It's kind of a halfway point between /SAM and /BLU.
[+]
 Phoenix.Skyfire
Server: Phoenix
user: nightkidz
By Phoenix.Skyfire 2015-01-19 01:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a cure set for rune, not for self but for curing others?
By honeycomb 2015-01-25 23:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

whats are some choices for rune when it comes too Acc leg choice's?
I can think of Qaaxo path B and Manibozho path a what other choices do we have for acc legs?
By Bloodrose 2015-01-25 23:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can get accuracy augments on Iuitl Trousers, those are a *decent, but not great* accuracy piece.

Qaaxo is probably the best choice currently.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-01-25 23:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Manibozho A and Ighwa trousers are very good accuracy pieces.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-01-26 15:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Outside of DEX WS (e.g. Dimidiation), Manibozho are a bit outdated.

If you don't need Acc, use Iuitl+1 or Quiahuiz.

If you do need Acc and/or defense matters, either Qaaxo B or Ighwa. Basically the same thing from an offensive perspective, but each has a slightly different defensive benefit: Ighwa's enemy crit rate -3% and higher evasion/AGI, Qaaxo's PDT-3%. Either of the two are used for basically the same thing, I wouldn't sweat it if you have one but not the other. If you care about defense (which seems likely if you're fighting something on RUN where you need acc), both are far safer choices than Mani (30+ less DEF, loss of ilevel 119 where level correction matters, none of the previously mentioned unique defensive stats on Qaaxo/Ighwa).

Not exactly on topic, but worth noting that for tanking purposes AF legs also remain notable due their status effect resistance (along with PDT-3%). Depending on the fight, that resist may be more valuable than getting acc in the legs slot - i.e. try as best you can to make up the acc elsewhere.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-01-26 15:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

if you want to have fun, run/war and savage blade all the things.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-01-26 16:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Skyfire said: »
Anyone have a cure set for rune, not for self but for curing others?

a) Why? No native cures, and no native healing magic skill (not like PLD, which at least gets C skill and cure spells). You're gonna be stuck with crappy subjob level skill and cures, and you'd probably be better off using your MP, and more importantly TIME, using other JAs/spells. Not to mention inventory space for a rather weird set to lug around.

b) Assuming you still wanted it, below is a set including all the cure potency skill gear RUN can use, plus all the healing magic skill possible in other slots. Fill the rest of slots with MND and VIT gear (1 healing skill = 2 MND = 4 VIT). For /BLU cures, healing skill is far less important. Just stack MND.
ItemSet 332803

I'd assume a lot of people who aren't also dedicated healers would lack the rings in particular. Sirona's > Haoma's > Ephedra are easily available and are the best alternatives.

Above excludes weapons, though I suppose RUN can equip Sanus Ensis (13% potency) and Sors Shield (3%) if you totally didn't care about meleeing, for a maximum 54% Cure Pot build (hahaha!). Or 49% without the SoA reward Cure Pot II ring.

In any case though, even assuming you did need to provide some healing, is it not something you could do better with a combination of RUN's native Regen spells and/or going /DNC instead of /mage? (not that relying on either of those sounds particularly great either)
 Phoenix.Skyfire
By Phoenix.Skyfire 2015-01-26 16:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason I am asking is because when my ls does CP parties a lot of the time we do not have a dedicated healer. I go /whm and I have found that with valiance, dark runes and refresh, I do not run out of mp while curing and hasting my party.

I was just looking for an optimal set to maximize my cure IV's or Curaga II's.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-01-27 00:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Skyfire said: »
The reason I am asking is because when my ls does CP parties a lot of the time we do not have a dedicated healer. I go /whm and I have found that with valiance, dark runes and refresh, I do not run out of mp while curing and hasting my party.

I was just looking for an optimal set to maximize my cure IV's or Curaga II's.

Right on, figured you had a reason for such an... unusual question ;)
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-01-30 03:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems a little shocking, but I think I may retire Futhark Coat +1 for most tanking. Just got Emet+1 tonight and was fitting it into my sets expecting it to be my Acc/DT body for my other jobs, but looking at it closely I was surprised when I looked at my RUN gear. Maybe this isn't news to anyone, but I hadn't really considered it so figured I'd bring it up.

The main draw for Futhark was of course the DT-7%, but Emet+1 compares pretty well with PDT-6%. Basically you can consider that a difference of PDT-1%, since MDT isn't all that relevant (you're almost certainly capping it anyway with shell) and breath damage is rare enough to be an extremely situational concern at best.

Emet+1 has several major tanking advantages though:
1) significantly higher evasion (Eva+70/AGI+23) versus Futhark's Eva+49/AGI+28), which isn't something to ignore on an evasive job like RUN
2) significantly higher accuracy (Unity: Acc+ 10~20)
3) a rather nice Enmity+10

Futhark+1 tanking advantages:
1) The aforementioned DT-7% versus Emet+1's PDT-6%. Advantage Futhark, but not by much at all.
2) MDB+6 versus Emet+1's MDB+5. Again, slight edge.
2) Regen+3 (slow drip HP regen is not very relevant with a healer, much more important to hold hate as much as possible and possibly evade some nasty spike hits altogether)

The two are basically a wash as far as DEF, STR, M.Eva, and MDB are concerned.

I'm... sorta thinking Futhark may become relegated to idle body, and I'm surprised.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-01-30 12:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm in a similar boat, though I do tend swap in Futhark for things that are more likely to dish out serious magic damage (AA Elvaan, Avatars, etc). I also have my Gearswap lua set up to equip full PDT anytime I'm stunned/terror'd/petrified though.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-02-13 11:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Question nobody should ask: which are our best options for DD sword? Aside from the obvious Epeolatry.

I think one answer is Kaquljaan with OAT, when accuracy allows for that. But in all those situations where you want more acc, which GSword would provide the biggest dps?
 Phoenix.Phaeon
user: Phaeon
By Phoenix.Phaeon 2015-02-13 11:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

For Great Sword, I use a Macbain with STP augment, allows me to 5-hit /sam without sacrificing much milti-hit or loading my WS set with STP (and has some nice acc augments to boot).

It is best? Probably not. But I like it.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-02-13 17:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Think Aettir is still your best bet after Epeolatry ;)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-02-14 08:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Uhm, really? Have you tested it on the spreadsheet? I mean I could do it myself and I will eventually, but I'm lazy and I was wondering if someone already did it before so I could avoid doin it myself :x
By Chyula 2015-02-14 09:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

lolRUN.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-03-01 11:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody managed to make Taeon Body into a better WS option than Manibohzo for Resolution?
 Phoenix.Skyfire
By Phoenix.Skyfire 2015-03-03 02:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank god for lockstyle, because this gear is fugly!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-03-03 03:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

they couldnt have made it look any worse
 Phoenix.Phaeon
user: Phaeon
By Phoenix.Phaeon 2015-03-04 13:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Given that we can now augment our head/body/hands/legs/feet with 20+ MAB, what kinds of numbers are people getting for Lunge/Swipe and Herculean Slash Sanguine Blade? Or has no one really bothered?

Also, I'm not going to say I was right about Macbain (because at the time I probably wasn't), but it seems to be a pretty decent weapon for other jobs now, so how does it stack up against sword(s) as a lolRUNdd weapon?
By Zaeeth 2015-03-04 13:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

My LS did a Tojil Fun Run the other day. I took my RUN with MacBain and it was ridiculously fun. I currently have +20 STR, +13 Acc and +5 DA on MacBain. Dropped several 10k+ Resolutions throughout the multiple runs. Buffs were standard GEO+BRD, oh and steak. MacBain is definitely my goto DD weapon on RUN at this time. I'll toss on Aettir if I really need to tank and I'm working on Epeolatry.

Admittedly the SAM and 2 THFs murdered me on Tojil itself. Except on that final run when I quit trying to protect the DD team with JAs and stopped Swipe/Lunge and just focused on swinging that monstrosity of weapon and WSing. I edged out the THFs then, barely. I think they let me win that one.
By Lyncath 2015-03-05 06:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I have DMG+34 Acc+19 Att+19 DA+4 on my Macbain and am quite happy with it.

Hardly get to come to anything as RUN though.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-03-05 07:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Macbain clearly is the best DD weapon atm.
But, as Lyncath said, hard to ever get a chance to play as RUN these days...
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-03-05 08:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I know I'm nitpicking and that the statement probably intended to exclude it, but.. Just saying.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-03-05 08:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah of course I meant outside of Epeolatry :P :P :P
Altough honestly if you can't keep AM3 up reliably, Macbain with perfect augments might be better.
Didn't math it, just goin on a hunch.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-03-05 09:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the thing is /dnc /nin dual Usons with Savage Blade sets are in fact currently the best from a DD stand point. 2 handed WSs need a buff cause my Epeolatry is weeping.
By Lyncath 2015-03-05 09:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
I know I'm nitpicking and that the statement probably intended to exclude it, but.. Just saying.

To be honest, if you have Haste capped and the right gear you might as well have AM3 up fulltime without Epeolatry. Well, okay, it's not the same effect obviously but you really notice the TP gain.
First Page 2 3 ... 64 65 66 ... 188 189 190