New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Kenkonken Parse
Kenkonken Parse
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By Ophannus 2013-03-21 14:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Just dicking around I've seen PUP do 2.8-3k nukes in Legion..though it was against the Turtle. Also when we were short on RNG for Odin we had a PUP come and engage his sharpshooter for pretty nice results. His WS were doing about 1500+ish on em.
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2013-03-21 14:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sambb said: »
The spreadsheets that people hate do not lie.. (well user error then they lie)

In the case of stringing pummel, the spreadsheet is inaccurate, because we don't know how the ws works, or rather, what's wrong with it.
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
Server: Bismarck
user: Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-03-21 14:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Traxus said: »
Bismarck.Jonadriel said: »
The spreadsheets that people hate do not lie.. (well user error then they lie)

In the case of stringing pummel, the spreadsheet is inaccurate, because we don't know how the ws works, or rather, what's wrong with it.

lol when the hell I said that? I don't remember saying that ever lol.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-03-21 14:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Stringing Pummel is a Critical STR/VIT modded WS that has 6 hits. What's not to know?

The modifiers are 32% STR 32% VIT. 100% TP is 20%, 300% is 45% chance of critical hits.

If there's anything wrong, it would be the input data of the spreadsheets.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-03-21 14:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Its damage is not up to speed with such powerful stats. It likely has an attack bonus in line with drakesbane
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-03-21 14:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, there are a few things unknown about Stringing Pummel:
1) What are the real 100/200/300 TP Critical Hit Rate mods?
2) Is there something else weird about it? - People say it underperforms the damage that the spreadsheet claims it should do.

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Stringing_Pummel

Keep in mind that < means "less than." If I was guessing, I'd say 10%/20%/40% critical hit rate for the progression.

The maximum possible attack penalty from my testing would be 11%.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-03-21 14:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Its damage is not up to speed with such powerful stats. It likely has an attack bonus in line with drakesbane
I believe Byrth did some testing with it trying to determine things like that. May have been a different person though. I thought I remember them saying it may have a small attack penalty if anything.

Nevermind Byrth beat me to it!
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-21 14:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't it *** cruel they give an attack penalty to the most attack starved melee out there, when it comes to pummel? It's just *** lol.
 Quetzalcoatl.Indylecia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Indalecia
By Quetzalcoatl.Indylecia 2013-03-21 14:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

What the hell happened in here?
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-03-21 14:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Isn't it *** cruel they give an attack penalty to the most attack starved melee out there, when it comes to pummel? It's just *** lol.
Can we really complain? At the time the ws was made we were somewhat hated because we got a better mythic ws than MNK, a ws we still use quite regularly today. Besides, it's multi-hit and crits. I'm somewhat satisfied. XP

Quetzalcoatl.Indylecia said: »
What the hell happened in here?
I herped, I derped, I wouldn't stop posting. :<

And a lot of pointless fighting... normal PUP thread stuff.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-21 15:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, but we already have a tough time keeping up, it's an uphill climb from the jump lol. I think I'm going to officially start working on my KKK's, honestly.
[+]
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2013-03-21 15:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Some months ago the spreadsheet had pummel narrowly beating spiral with my gear, but in reality SP consistently parsed worse by several hundred damage, and I've seen a few other people with similar experiences.

I have no idea what stats the spreadsheet was using at the time thou. If I'm looking at it right, it has pummel at 10% crit at 100tp. BGwiki currently has it at 20%, but it was 35% IIRC not that long ago.

lol when the hell I said that? I don't remember saying that ever lol.

Quote got the wrong name, not sure how that happened. Fixed the post.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-21 15:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly I think if they just gave us an ability to toughen our auto, like Steady Wing (without the need to clunk up the auto spots with earth ***. Most times I just don't have room), and extend maneuver duration by a lot, life would be so much easier.
[+]
By darthmaull 2013-03-21 15:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

This is why I always say that people that just use these numbers and don't play the job, don't really know what pup can do from what it can't. There was a thread on another site where I was told that pup can't Zerg but I was witness to a well geared pup zerging down Briareus solo. Later I was told that it didn't matter because other jobs can do it too. The point was that a pup did it but because of spreadsheet math I was told it wasn't possible. Plus he did it faster then any job I have seen do it on YouTube or in the zone at the time.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-21 15:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Dem blinkers.
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2013-03-21 15:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming 4 99hornsong/no rolls/non legion targets where is vere99 compared to kkk99?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-03-21 16:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

darthmaull said: »
This is why I always say that people that just use these numbers and don't play the job, don't really know what pup can do from what it can't. There was a thread on another site where I was told that pup can't Zerg but I was witness to a well geared pup zerging down Briareus solo. Later I was told that it didn't matter because other jobs can do it too. The point was that a pup did it but because of spreadsheet math I was told it wasn't possible. Plus he did it faster then any job I have seen do it on YouTube or in the zone at the time.
A spreadsheet wouldn't tell you whether or not you could handle certain fight mechanics (although in this case Briareus fight mechanics are easy to deal with).
 Lye
By Lye 2013-03-21 16:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

darthmaull said: »
I was witness to a well geared pup zerging down Briareus solo. Later I was told that it didn't matter because other jobs can do it too. The point was that a pup did it but because of spreadsheet math I was told it wasn't possible. Plus he did it faster then any job I have seen do it on YouTube or in the zone at the time.

I don't think you're using the word "zerg" right.

I was under the impression that soloing something is not a "zerg" regardless of how quickly it is done.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2013-03-21 16:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Avengers said: »
May be much to ask, but I've been wondering what kind of numbers PUPs have been putting up with Kenkonken, does anyone have screen shots or parses or anything.

Been looking into the next major project to work on, and I love pup, but just wondering how it stacks up to the other weapons.

hmmmm re-reading the OP, I am thinking he just wanted to compare non-mythic PUP dmg against mythic PUP dmg and how much performance PUP get's out of the mythic. So, maybe the best way to answer his question is making a parser of a non-mythic PUP against a mythic PUP?
Or maybe he just wants to know how a mythic PUP puts out numbers compared to the top DD jobs, in wich case, any mob work if is to compare dmg, including the 100+ turtles.

I honestly didn't mean to start any kind of war or anything here lol. I was mainly just wondering how KKK PUPs do in relations to other jobs (Doesn't have to be with empys or relics or mythics), just in general.

I'm not looking for a zerg weapon or anything, I have my Ragnarok for instances in which ***needs to die ASAP. I don't care if KKK make pups into ungodly DDs or anything, I just wanted to see some parses with KKK pups Damage with other jobs, that's all.

(I saw parses last year that had a Liberator Drk and a Ryu Drg, with wars, sams, drks and etc. I mainly just wanted to see something like this).
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-03-21 18:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Reading this, it just made me realize something I do unconsciously. With KKK, I prefer to have lvl2 aftermath ws at around 280% - 299% if I want my SP have higher dmg. I get better WS numbers with aftermath lvl2, wich gives around 80 - 90 more attack, putting me over 700 attack with WAR sub. Dunno if that is relevant to what u guys are saying.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-21 18:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Reading this, it just made me realize something I do unconsciously. With KKK, I prefer to have lvl2 aftermath ws at around 280% - 299% if I want my SP have higher dmg. I get better WS numbers with aftermath lvl2, wich gives around 80 - 90 more attack, putting me over 700 attack with WAR sub. Dunno if that is relevant to what u guys are saying.

Kind of, but you gotta be getting more DPS out of AM3. And it might even result in higher WS numbers.
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-03-21 18:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

well, you ws at 300% only once, then the others are at 100%, so, there is only once ws with full crit+ from 300% and yea, u get to ws more frequently increasing your DPS but, if I ws for the lvl2 aftermath, the consequent ws's at 100% wile aftermath 2 up, tends to be consistently higher dmg than at 100%, which is what I mean. Wasn't trying to say that I get more DPS with AM2, just saying I get better SP numbers with AM2.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-21 18:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I still need math for that though, idk. Anybody mathed this out? I mean an extra couple hits on a crit WS has to average out more than 80 attack, no? Again, I would need a math guy for this assumption, but I would think even your pummel dmg would be higher with AM3 up constantly.
 Phoenix.Kaparu
Server: Phoenix
user: Tsuko
By Phoenix.Kaparu 2013-03-21 23:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Marquiss said: »
OMG YOU GUYS NEED TO STFU WHEN MY MOM DIED THE ONLY PERSON I HAD BY MY SIDE WAS MY BEAUTIFUL AUTOMATON NAMED MADEMOISELLE. I DONT NEED TO WIN PARSES BECAUSE I KNOW DEEP DOWN INSIDE YOU ARE ALL LONELY VIRGINS AND I AT LEAST LOST IT TO HER (VIA PROXY W/ FLESHLIGHT). I WILL DO ANYTHING TO MAKE MY PUP HAPPY BECAUSE UNLIKE YOU GUYS SHE LOVES ME.

**~~~**LIKE DIS IF U CRY ERY TIME**~~~**
[+]
 Phoenix.Kaparu
By Phoenix.Kaparu 2013-03-22 13:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a followup that I doubt anyone cares about anymore, but I played around with PUP sets out of curiosity, and KKK is apparently dramatically overblown outside of the benefits to the automaton

An ~perfect KKK PUP is ~1% ahead of 99 Vere PUP when AM3 cannot be full-timed without penalty(which is exclusive to Voidwatch), and ~6% ahead of 99 Vere when AM3 maintenance is flawless

tl;dr I'd still make one if I could, but 99 Vere is excellent for two jobs, costs substantially less, could be built in a fraction of the time, and is barely inferior

Edit: And PUP barely scrapes by against Ig-Alima level targets in Voidwatch; the job is virtually irrelevant in situations with similar mobs but no atmacites and temporary items to close the gap, so do not make KKK thinking you'll be able to scratch anything in Mul+
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-03-22 13:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kaparu said: »
Just a followup that I doubt anyone cares about anymore, but I played around with PUP sets out of curiosity, and KKK is apparently dramatically overblown outside of the benefits to the automaton

An ~perfect KKK PUP is ~1% ahead of 99 Vere PUP when AM3 cannot be full-timed without penalty(which is exclusive to Voidwatch), and ~6% ahead of 99 Vere when AM3 maintenance is flawless

tl;dr I'd still make one if I could, but 99 Vere is excellent for two jobs, costs substantially less, could be built in a fraction of the time, and is barely inferior

does that include any automaton dmg?

inb4 what's automaton dmg.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-03-22 13:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the result that I arrived at when doing high buff comparisons as well. Kenkonken gets a substantial lead on Verth when you use uncapped magic Haste though.
 Phoenix.Kaparu
By Phoenix.Kaparu 2013-03-22 13:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
Phoenix.Kaparu said: »

does that include any automaton dmg?

inb4 what's automaton dmg.

No. Deploy/keeping the automaton alive at all makes you drop like a rock
 Phoenix.Kaparu
By Phoenix.Kaparu 2013-03-22 13:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
That's the result that I arrived at when doing high buff comparisons as well. Kenkonken gets a substantial lead on Verth when you use uncapped magic Haste though.

Uncapped magic haste? -.^

Edit: Derp, read that wrong. Nevermind.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-03-22 13:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Not relevant for zergs, but at the moment it's pretty relevant for PUPs.