Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 56 57 58 ... 363 364 365
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2013-11-05 09:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shouldn't use windbuffet on VS, Caudata, Wanion and Prosilio are all better options. Rancorous Mantle is also a better back option if you have the Tonberry hate to fuel it.
By Gihl 2013-11-05 09:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 241322 i use this need uk cap :p but hurkan been stupid so far, and u think ele gorget win over justiciar?
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2013-11-05 10:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Alistrianna said: »
Shouldn't use windbuffet on VS, Caudata, Wanion and Prosilio are all better options. Rancorous Mantle is also a better back option if you have the Tonberry hate to fuel it.

I can't find a Rancorous Mantle right now, but I do have the collar. Would that be a decent option paired with Atheling Mantle? I also have Justiciar.

Also I have both Caudata and Prosilio but no Wanion. I guess it depends on the situation, so it's probably pointless to ask which is the superior option.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Chyula 2013-11-05 14:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It is somewhat true with the -PDT set, but with all these new gear with massive defense and stat on it. most old -PDT gears are crap. only things are good are the accessories slot. in another word -pdt set are overrated at this point, you'll need to do the math to see which slot are good and which are worse to -pdt on it. arhat is ***compare to new gear's high def/mnd/vit/int/agi depend its physical or magical situation.
[+]
 Fenrir.Boomslang
user: neoyukio
By Fenrir.Boomslang 2013-11-05 14:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to mention you get PDT on Otronif w/ aug.
 Leviathan.Dwb
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dwb 2013-11-05 14:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Nikia said: »
Leviathan.Dwb said: »
So I just came back after seven months and a lot has changes it seems. I was hoping to ask if anyone could share the optimal TP and WS sets for MNK and answer a few questions for me.

Does MNK still bother with PDT sets?
Is it good to use different TP and WS set variations based on Impetus/Berserk up/down?

Any info would be helpful, thank you a lot.

Welcome back.

PDT sets are a must for new end-game, IE Delve, so make sure you have a good one. Its not hard to make with all the new gear tho.

As for TP/WS sets, I have single TP and WS set. Some people go all out, but to me that is a waste and I dont see how any 'good' monk can fit all the extras in their inventory. I sit at 76 items for my monk as it is.

Thank you.

I was kinda hoping for some sets posted however, all this gear is new to me so not sure what to use and what has the augments i want. An EX is the PDT set, I use to use a set with Dark Rings Aug, Arhats's head/body, etc. It meant I had to sacrifice some stats like DA/TA/QA, etc. I saw some items had a PDT option but nothing that would let me hit the 52% needed for cap.

Far as WS/TP sets I didnt know if it was still good idea to have different items in slots based on Impetus and/or berserk being up or down.

I think for most part I will be using Victory Smite now that is unlocked as main WS, if anyone can post the current ideal sets for TP WS and PDT with any variations on attack capped/uncapped I would be so very thankful. It is just easier to get an idea of what to shoot for if I have a good frame of reference.

Thank you again.

Ill give you all the sets you want, but im not nearly motivated enough to embed them all. If you are ok with it, ill copy/paste from my SC in a PM or here.
By pchan 2013-11-05 15:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 315086

That's what I use until my spharai is done (58/300). The cool part is that I only had to buy caudata belt. Otronif pieces have +2% crit.

edit : should be uk'ux on the head.
 Shiva.Onorgul
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2013-11-05 17:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, random silly question, does anyone know what (if any) effect reforging a weapon has if you're wanting to also get Afterglow? Specifically thinking if a.) it locks it out and/or if b.) you get screwed if you're halfway through your trades.
 Fenrir.Boomslang
user: neoyukio
By Fenrir.Boomslang 2013-11-05 18:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's like everything else in the game I'm sure you cannot have an active trial on it.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2013-11-05 18:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Hey, random silly question, does anyone know what (if any) effect reforging a weapon has if you're wanting to also get Afterglow? Specifically thinking if a.) it locks it out and/or if b.) you get screwed if you're halfway through your trades.

My guess is that you would probably have to finish the Afterglow magian trial if you want the Afterglow 119. They aren't giving anyone else any shortcuts, so it'd be unrealistic to think they would let people complete an afterglow after getting it to 119.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2013-11-06 04:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 315119

thoughts on this vsmite set? rancor collar/atheling better? all otronif pieces are DA+2

don't have moonshade atm and too busy to get it :(
 Lakshmi.Mithradee
Server: Lakshmi
user: Mithradee
By Lakshmi.Mithradee 2013-11-06 10:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 315130

Hands have dbl +1 and feet have crit +1 so far. This is what I use anyway. Need to buy a potestas bomb tho.
By itchi508 2013-11-06 10:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Buffed in delve
ItemSet 312479

Unbuffed out of delve
ItemSet 315134

I have Crit 2 on feet, crit 1 on body, DA 1 on legs/hands,
peaces available to change around would be:
Nef collar/rancor mantle
Rancor collar/atheling
Wanion or prosilio

Question is what is best combo under a situation. Referring to delve I'm sure most are building off of. Id assume in delve Nef/rancor/wanion? Since att wont be a issue.

Anyway my real question is body:
R15 Mani STR path
Otronif Crit 1 (which doesn't look appealing)
Usukane +1
Usu +1 on fodder and Mani anywhere under ionis?
By pchan 2013-11-06 11:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want just one body, it's Tantra+2
 Leviathan.Kidnoftle
user: Kidnoftle
By Leviathan.Kidnoftle 2013-11-06 12:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »
ItemSet 315086

That's what I use until my spharai is done (58/300). The cool part is that I only had to buy caudata belt. Otronif pieces have +2% crit.

edit : should be uk'ux on the head.

I didn't know adl dropped oatixur.
By itchi508 2013-11-06 12:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Why use Tantra when outside of impetus? NQ Mani has 1 less Str, 2 more Acc/Att & 15 dex. never mind it being R15.
Or Usu +1 has more to offer if Att isn't a issue. And if it was you would use Mani anyway. Unsure why you would limit yourself to 1 body..
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2013-11-06 12:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's being said that VS is worse than Shijin outside of impetus anyway, but I'm not entirely convinced yet.
By itchi508 2013-11-06 12:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
I think it's being said that VS is worse than Shijin outside of impetus anyway, but I'm not entirely convinced yet.
If thats the case the it would make Sence. From knowledge and word of mouth capp att use VS, uncapped use SS.
 Leviathan.Kidnoftle
user: Kidnoftle
By Leviathan.Kidnoftle 2013-11-06 12:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't, unless you just have 0 buffs on you
 Odin.Boleslaus
Server: Odin
user: boleslaus
By Odin.Boleslaus 2013-11-07 11:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

itchi508 said: »
Why use Tantra when outside of impetus? NQ Mani has 1 less Str, 2 more Acc/Att & 15 dex. never mind it being R15.
Or Usu +1 has more to offer if Att isn't a issue. And if it was you would use Mani anyway. Unsure why you would limit yourself to 1 body..

manibozho body r15 is what i us with impetus down the dex on it offers better crit with vs obviously ppl who spam adl wouldnt know that since its lvl 90 content
 Asura.Aikchan
Server: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-11-07 12:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

define worst?
so far VS is better than SS w/ no buff and w/o impetus...

Under songs/rolls/food/no impetus probably SS will beat it coz have a 5% atk bonus.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-11-07 12:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

do you have any math to substantiate your claim?
[+]
By itchi508 2013-11-07 12:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't your crit rate/dmg depend on enemy Vit/Def/eva Vs your Dex/Acc/Att?
If no buffs in say delve, like for instance kurma/eft where buffs & /ja are dispelled leaving you floored, you prob wont crit much correct?(logic would say use Acc/SS) But on tojil/Tut ride impetus and VS.
Correct me if i'm wrong just a though of understanding situations of SS to VS. (Referring to areas under Ionis or new BC fights)
Old content acc will never be a issue (such as ADL or Salvage2 boss) so prob could get away with spamming VS freely no?
 Odin.Boleslaus
By Odin.Boleslaus 2013-11-07 12:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

i havent done delve much lately with vs unlocked but i would assume depending on buffs and nm ss would be better like eft and kurma but as i said i havent done delve much so i have no actual numbers to put up
By pchan 2013-11-07 13:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Victory smite is always better pretty much. The spreadsheet says so.
 Odin.Boleslaus
By Odin.Boleslaus 2013-11-07 13:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Victory smite is always better pretty much. The spreadsheet says so.

this coming from the guy who only ws in tantra +2
[+]
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-11-07 14:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

He said if you only want one body, meaning having it for impetus is a big deal. I'm sure he has an impetus down ws set too.
[+]
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-11-07 14:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone tell me what the best Chakra set is, mainly the VIT+ slots.

Thank you.
Think this is the best atm.

ItemSet 315207
First Page 2 3 ... 56 57 58 ... 363 364 365