Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 363 364 365
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2013-07-10 14:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I said B path and meant DEX path, my mistake. I know AGI path isn't an option for MNKs.

Edit: Jokes on me, I understand what I'm reading now. I've never augmented a piece before and just held onto all the Airlixers I've obtained until today so I see the difference in augments/armor+weapons now.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-07-10 14:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Manibozho legs doesn't get a DEX path at all, so stick with Path A.
By Heimdel 2013-07-10 18:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

On the pdt set couple options I don't know if were mentioned before are Colossus's earring 1% pdt 2% light weather ( lot easier to get than augmented ones). Anohter is Winglen gorget if not geting nuked 6% pdt and +2 regen. Then you have the add on legs Desultor tessets which can be augmented wiht 4% pdt and another one acc haste whatever. There is also Colossus's mantle for mdt but it to low to be worth it over other options.
 Asura.Kormak
Server: Asura
user: kormak
By Asura.Kormak 2013-07-11 05:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

With MNK's functionality on delve runs I've decided to dust off my MNK and attempt to gear it. I have all Tantra +2 and various other pieces I picked up for other jobs.
I have thrown a TP set together however it is quite poor.

ItemSet 307565

Looking into manibozho legs and feet and wondering which will be more benefit immediately.
I'm focussing on TP set for now since white damage is where MNK excels. I will not have access to salvage pieces and don't have millions of gil to spend either. (no BB btw)

I thought the Manibozho feet would be more beneficial currently because I am not at haste cap but would like an opinion from people who regularly play MNK.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-07-11 09:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this for delve farming runs or delve boss/NM runs? Recommendations will be slightly different for each.
 Leviathan.Egonn
Server: Leviathan
user: Egonn
By Leviathan.Egonn 2013-07-11 09:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a question, but why don't you use ele belt/gorget?
By Heimdel 2013-07-11 10:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Egonn said: »

This is what I been wondering..
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-07-11 10:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Egonn said: »

Who is the 'you' you're referring to?
 Asura.Kormak
By Asura.Kormak 2013-07-11 10:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Motenten said: »
Is this for delve farming runs or delve boss/NM runs? Recommendations will be slightly different for each.

I am intending to gear it for NM+MB runs.

For this purpose what is the priority list?
(I know I need a solid pdt set which I am working on)
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-07-11 10:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

you don't really need a dedicated pdt set, you can just use tp/ws.. having a hp/pdt set helps if your stunners suck or the server shits the bed and lahar gets off but that's about it

your accuracy looks pretty low in there though
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-07-11 11:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

@Kormak:

Recommended total accuracy before buffs/food is 630. 416 comes from merited skill. The remainder (214) is dex and accuracy.

You have 87 acc in gear, along with 14 dex. Assuming Hume, you start with (merited) dex of 103, giving you a total of 87 acc from dex, and 174 overall acc. That's still 40 accuracy short of what you need (20% hit rate), and should be your first priority in updating your gear.

The first adjustment is that the above doesn't count augments on the Rigors. I expect you have at least rank 2 on them, so that's 8.

The largest quick improvement you could make on the accuracy side would be a Manibozho Beret. Rank 2 augment would give you 16 accuracy, plus 8 acc from dex (due to rounding).

Another 8 accuracy on top of that would round out the accuracy needs. You can get that with a Honed Tathlum (+9 acc over Tantra Tathlum).

You'd be set at that point if you had a Black Belt. Unfortunately we're now limited to Twilight, which puts you at 23% visible haste.

You can adequately make do by changing feet to rank 2 Manibozho. That caps out haste and gives you 6 more att, while losing 1 DA and 2-3 acc. With good buffs you should still be ok on hit rate, so it's a good overall tradeoff.

Summary of minimum improvements:
Tantra Tathlum -> Honed Tathlum
Tantra Crown +2 -> Manibozho Beret (rank 2+)
Thaumas Nails -> Manibozho Boots (rank 2+)

Obviously there's plenty more to improve, but that would be the minimum I'd require before allowing you onto a run (well, would actually require other things too, but that's the minimum for the TP set).
 Asura.Kormak
By Asura.Kormak 2013-07-11 11:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

@Kormak:

Recommended total accuracy before buffs/food is 630. 416 comes from merited skill. The remainder (214) is dex and accuracy.

You have 87 acc in gear, along with 14 dex. Assuming Hume, you start with (merited) dex of 103, giving you a total of 87 acc from dex, and 174 overall acc. That's still 40 accuracy short of what you need (20% hit rate), and should be your first priority in updating your gear.

Thanks a lot for the feedback, the haste part has been annoying me but I might get the BB after this log in campaign >.>

I will look at honed tathlum, was outlotted on a run the other day and before now didn't see a reason to have it. (Usually DRK or COR)

How important is a Good SS set for these runs? every parse on Plasm farms (me DRK against pug MNK) it seems the WS are really a minor part of a MNK's damage but on tojil run KG was hitting 5k SS multiple times. Am I correct in assuming TP set is the more important of the MNK sets?

Once again thanks for the input everyone.
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-07-11 12:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kormak said: »
@Kormak:

Thanks a lot for the feedback, the haste part has been annoying me but I might get the BB after this log in campaign >.>

I will look at honed tathlum, was outlotted on a run the other day and before now didn't see a reason to have it. (Usually DRK or COR)

How important is a Good SS set for these runs? every parse on Plasm farms (me DRK against pug MNK) it seems the WS are really a minor part of a MNK's damage but on tojil run KG was hitting 5k SS multiple times. Am I correct in assuming TP set is the more important of the MNK sets?

Once again thanks for the input everyone.

Of course it's really important but don't neglect your ws sets.
There are possibilities to shorten the 0 to 100 tp phase on mnk which will vastly increase your DPS, but you'll need a solid ws set too. Check the high end gears on the first page of the thread. This is what you should aim for. If you can't afford tenryu +1, go for Omodaka it's very achievable. It won't require too much work to get that set if you have a limited time of play, and you could see various contents (salvage, NNI, WoE, VW) while you're preparing your MNK for Delve bosses runs.
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2013-07-11 18:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

On my Rigors, I went Path B up to Rank 5 (Acc+10/Atk+5), for obvious reasons. Going forward with Manibozho gear, are most people going the Acc/DEX root as well for pretty much all of the gear? DEX is obviously nice for Shijin, and also for dDEX when TPing, but would it be better overall to have a mix of Path A and Path B stuff?

Factors I'm considering:

- The possibility of a new WS that will supplant Shijin Spiral.
- Going overboard with accuracy, and having sub-optimal attack on newer content.
- Possibly creating gear that will be useless in 3 months, whereas the "right choice" would be useful for much longer.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-07-11 18:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you have money to just throw away, just leave them as is and don't rank them up anymore.

Aim for oatixurs and if not, Rigors will probably be knocked down by Skirmish h2h+1 next update.

So there's really no point in buying or wasting airlixirs eared on rigors. Focus on upgrading things that have a better chance of lasting, such as Mani legs
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2013-07-11 18:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Francisco said: »
On my Rigors, I went Path B up to Rank 5 (Acc+10/Atk+5), for obvious reasons. Going forward with Manibozho gear, are most people going the Acc/DEX root as well for pretty much all of the gear? DEX is obviously nice for Shijin, and also for dDEX when TPing, but would it be better overall to have a mix of Path A and Path B stuff?

Factors I'm considering:

- The possibility of a new WS that will supplant Shijin Spiral.
- Going overboard with accuracy, and having sub-optimal attack on newer content.
- Possibly creating gear that will be useless in 3 months, whereas the "right choice" would be useful for much longer.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a new weaponskill given that they just did the update on the limit point skills.(give us more points SE!)

Going overboard on accuracy shouldn't be an issue looking over all the builds and such you can choose from. I don't do all that spreadsheet math analyze my ffxi math stuff, but I've never seen accuracy be a problem for solid monks.

Most of the Mani gear the only viable option for monk is attack path, so no hard decision there. SE seems to think that rangers/cors/monks/thf are the same. Let's cross our fingers and hope you don't aim for a ranged acc build to throw pebbles at mobs. Get the legs and feet for sure. Depending on access and resources, not too sure on Mani-beret but it seemed least important of head/legs/feet choice. I didn't waste time on Beret since I already had usu+1 and pretty much went from those to whirlpool mask.

With SE's rotating schedule, you'll be holding out indefinitely for gears. Going out and doing stuff beats sitting in adoulin or port jeuno. The way SE keeps releasing gears like stepping stones so the current gears will help towards better stuff etc etc. Just look at how the h2h have gone in the last few months..a damage boost ala achuka/skirmish led to accuracy and more damage ala delve.

In general they're stingy on body piece or full sets and it's probably going to be heads/hands/feet that will see the most changes.
 Ramuh.Yarly
Server: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2013-07-11 19:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure the manibozho gear doesn't have acc/dex path so yeah...
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2013-07-11 19:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't realize that. I thought you could do any path on any gear. That makes things a lot more obvious.
 Phoenix.Sonoske
Server: Phoenix
user: Sonoske
By Phoenix.Sonoske 2013-07-12 15:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

What food is that counting for? Like Sushi, RCB, Pizza +1?
By pchan 2013-07-13 09:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Asura.Natenn said: »
same food as the other guy?
Yea sole+1, gonna ry Mari pizza +1 next time. H2h is 8/8 and im at like +116 acc
That's likely it. I go Pizza+1 when 3 song/4song brd. RCB when two 4 song brds; have never had acc issues on Tojil. Swap to acc set for Eft/Turtle when ***starts getting dispelled.

Your other mnks were likely using DD food.

Because 50 attack matters when you are riding 2k+ (SV minuetx4). That's before dia 2 and geo so no it's not food.
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-07-13 09:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »
same food as the other guy?
Yea sole+1, gonna ry Mari pizza +1 next time. H2h is 8/8 and im at like +116 acc
That's likely it. I go Pizza+1 when 3 song/4song brd. RCB when two 4 song brds; have never had acc issues on Tojil. Swap to acc set for Eft/Turtle when ***starts getting dispelled.

Your other mnks were likely using DD food.

Because 50 attack matters when you are riding 2k+ (SV minuetx4). That's before dia 2 and geo so no it's not food.

Thats a really good point and a big mistake a lot of DDs are making atm.

Trying to stack enough ACC to RCB Tojil when they should be stacking QTDA/Crit gear and using Pizza/Sushi. Support will take care of your attack, DDs should be maximizing hit rate and crit rate.
By pchan 2013-07-13 15:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Those NMs are only required to be killed once. No need to optimize anything. Additional effect : go play FFXIV beta cause they won't release new delve before they fix their *** (6 months).
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-07-13 15:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Those NMs only require to be killed once. No need to optimize anything.

Shark and Bee should be killed once. Tojil should be killed until you've capped on all your drops from Delve :p
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2013-07-13 15:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

By pchan 2013-07-13 16:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »

Shark and Bee should be killed once. Tojil should be killed until you've capped on all your drops from Delve :p

What drops ? At this point it's pretty clear MNK is the only DD in the game, and the only thing it needs is oatixur. I'd go as far as to say that the only useful jobs in the game are BRD, MNK, WHM. Only MNK requires gear. BRD only needs full AF3+2 and DDB+GH. and WHM needs ... a staff and full AF3+2 ?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-07-13 16:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Pchan is such an optimist
By pchan 2013-07-13 16:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say natenn and taint coming here to troll my month's only post is proof that there is nothing to do ingame.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-07-13 16:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »

What if you want belt/club and crafted wpn!
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-07-13 16:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say natenn and taint coming here to troll my month's only post is proof that there is nothing to do ingame.

Reread my first post. I agreed with you about gearing.

Your 2nd post is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. There are plenty of good drops from Delve and Tojil is the best way to Plasma farm.

Whirlpool Mask best Max ACC TP head best SS WS piece.

Tsurumaru is the best weapon in game.
Upukirex for DRG (angon/Surge Jump and pierce weak modes)
Hurch'lan Sash for Max ACC TP.

Even if you just want Oat, you might have to kill Tojil 3 times.

MNK is not the best DD right now btw. It is extremely rare for MNK to win a parse on any of the Delve bosses.
By Angeljcar 2013-07-13 17:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

not alot of exp in hitting a ws macro every time u get 100+ tp...its lag or something im using wrong/not using etc. wSing the same number of times just about. ws dmg is even, maby it is ust the tantra

Different food?
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 363 364 365