Game: FFXI
user: Jemmy
By Asura.Jem 2013-06-04 18:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Asura.Jem said: »
I use Bream Sushi fwiw
Crab+1 in this ***!

Does Crab cap at 76 Acc? Only reason I use Bream is for the higher acc cap.
By innit 2013-06-05 08:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Had a scan through but couldn't find a HF build, can someone post or point me in the right direction please?
By kenshynofshiva 2013-06-05 08:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

innit said: »
Had a scan through but couldn't find a HF build, can someone post or point me in the right direction please?

I basically stack acc to cap and as much multi attack gear works wonders. Never really seen a gear setup tho.
 Asura.Squal
Server: Asura
By Asura.Squal 2013-06-05 09:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Couldn't find this answered anywhere else. Where do NQ Tenryu Tekko fall in the hierarchy of gloves?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-06-05 10:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
I use Bream Sushi fwiw
Crab+1 in this ***!

Does Crab cap at 76 Acc? Only reason I use Bream is for the higher acc cap.
Says nothing of the sort on bg wiki nor regular
 Asura.Jem
By Asura.Jem 2013-06-05 10:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Mote got it from some JP book translation I think. He explained it somewhere on BG. Bream was 76 Acc, Sole was 72 iirc but I don't know what the others were.
 Valefor.Dpking
Server: Valefor
user: Dpking
By Valefor.Dpking 2013-06-05 10:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Crab +1 is only 14% acc. And I think bream nq is 16% if I recall.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-06-05 10:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, I just get crab+1 for the price and it lasting twice as long
By pchan 2013-06-05 11:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Camate;442042 said:
-hand weapons, we'd like to go about these adjustments carefully or else there may be too big of a jump in power, so we will be making some slight adjustments during the next Test Server update. The 75% STR modifier that is currently only applied to the right hand will be slightly reduced to 62.5% and we will be applying it to both hands. (The 75% DEX modifier for both hands will not change.)

We'll continue to update you on any planned changes!

So we keep 75% DEX > acc conversion ? Also in their eyes, moving from 75% str> att on one hand to 62.5% and both hands is a careful ajustement ? that was funny.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2013-06-05 11:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I gotta admit, when they said they wanted to use that adjustment to limit WS dmg potential I laughed...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Zykei
user: Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2013-06-05 12:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

anguinus belt

EDIT:
For acc builds, am I correct to assume path B for Mani jerkin?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Zykei
user: Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2013-06-05 13:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohhh right, thanks. Path A it is then lol
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-06-05 18:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 300109

Looking at this for Delve Naakuals. 646ACC total on hume from skill, DEX, and gear which exceeds the recommended value while giving ancillary benefits of additional HP and plenty of other offensive stats.
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2013-06-06 02:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

quick question, it's been a while since i've been mnk and things have changed. What level of shijin spiral do you need to beat asuran fists? I know SE raised the 'starting' level of all the merit WS's to be 73% mod at lvl 1? or something like that.

I bought the 200k plasm h2h Oatixur and am very impressed by the damage output overall, the only thing i'm lacking is a proper weaponskill. I've been using asuran fists (avg 3k-ish in delve farm morimar w/ rcb), and was wondering if anyone math'd out how much more Shijin will do given similar levels of gear and buffs, and how many merits you'd need to make asuran obsolete. Also a general comparison, as obviously I wouldn't waste merits to do marginally better etc.

currently 5/5 shoha, 5/5 resolution, 4/5 last stand, 1/5 upheaval (lol...). I don't know if I can realistically go 5/5 shijin given my usual jobs/main jobs....even though i really want to! (insert comment complaining to SE to let us have more than 3 maxed)
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-06-06 08:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting my sets ready for Tojil: JP wiki recommends 630acc before food/buffs etc.

Base TP
ItemSet 303508

Shijin
ItemSet 303509
By kenshynofshiva 2013-06-06 08:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fear of the mnk ws really???

Camate;442546 said:
The adjustment mentioned in my previous post is only for hand-to-hand weapons.

This is being adjusted in order to tone down damage dealt from weapon skills; however, regular attacks will not see much of a difference from this change.

Might want to consider http://www.ffxiah.com/item/28199/manibozho-brais at rank 2 offers 12 dex +4 acc so +10acc and 23 attack + 6% haste great for tp and ws in a high acc set. The body alone gives +28 acc at rank 2 and is close to Thaumas on the spreadsheet and can win in a situation where you need the acc. Working on low manning the raptor and so far using 700-730 evasion seems off seems more like 750 reviewing my gear vs a 80% hit rate last night. Using bard and GEO buffs hopefully will have a cor tonight. Hell I might have to break out the adler ring the horror....
 Phoenix.Dignitas
Server: Phoenix
user: Dignity
By Phoenix.Dignitas 2013-06-06 11:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not mani legs (r15 a) on the tp set? Seems to give more offense stats and acc. AF3+2 (acc10/atk10) vs mani(15)(atk36/acc16/str22/dex12).
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-06-06 11:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dignitas said: »
Why not mani legs (r15 a) on the tp set? Seems to give more offense stats and acc. AF3+2 (acc10/atk10) vs mani(15)(atk36/acc16/str22/dex12).

Just slapping together a set. (MNK is my 8th job in terms of priority)

Just got Mani legs (rank5 them), was trying to save Plasma for Oatixur.
By pchan 2013-06-06 16:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The JP strat setup doesn't really match with the numbers provided by jem a few posts ago. 3 or 4 jobs from their setup are dedicated to buff accuracy. If their geo/cor(s)/2x madrigal/sushi are required to cap accuracy then you are looking at well above the current assumption for the boss eva (830). They seem to go with the same setups they use on ADL tbh (except for the acc buffs). If jem's numbers are correct, the pdt/mdt set I posted is capping with 2x madrigals and hunter's roll. You only required 2x madrigals if you remove a few pdt/mdt pieces. With the future dex buff you won't require the cor buffing for acc either most likely.

A single party of MNKx2/BRDx2/WHMx2 (8 songs) with a second party 2 stunners can possibly do it. 1 MNK can tank the matamata for 7 min while the other kills 60% of the raptor. By 10 minutes after the pulls are done, both NMs are dead. Give 5 minutes for the initial pull, 5 min to reach the final camp. You can possibly have 25 minutes to kill the mega. After that it's just a matter of DPS.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-06-06 16:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »
The JP strat setup doesn't really match with the numbers provided by jem a few posts ago. 3 or 4 jobs from their setup are dedicated to buff accuracy. If their geo/cor(s)/2x madrigal/sushi are required to cap accuracy then you are looking at well above the current assumption for the boss eva (830). They seem to go with the same setups they use on ADL tbh (except for the acc buffs). If jem's numbers are correct, the pdt/mdt set I posted is capping with 2x madrigals and hunter's roll. You only required 2x madrigals if you remove a few pdt/mdt pieces. With the future dex buff you won't require the cor buffing for acc either most likely.

A single party of MNKx2/BRDx2/WHMx2 (8 songs) with a second party 2 stunners can possibly do it. 1 MNK can tank the matamata for 7 min while the other kills 60% of the raptor. By 10 minutes after the pulls are done, both NMs are dead. Give 5 minutes for the initial pull, 5 min to reach the final camp. You can possibly have 25 minutes to kill the mega. After that it's just a matter of DPS.

You'd need a JA reset for Formless strikes (if one is used on Mata) and you have roughly 50 stuns to kill Tojil which would make a 25min kill next to impossible. (at this point atleast)

Edit: 50 stuns with GEO buffing Magic ACC
By pchan 2013-06-07 01:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think formless strike is required since your gimp RNG killed it. I don't think stun is required either. Someone on BG duplicated the strat and explained they also stun every raptor move. The raptor moves can hit hard but it's not an issue with 2k HP. Also there seems to be a legend spread by BG idiots that the raptor goes apeshit when magic is cast on it. It's wrong. It seems it only happen for the first few % of the fight for me. I never saw a difference with dia on or not.
 Asura.Jem
By Asura.Jem 2013-06-07 05:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »
Getting my sets ready for Tojil: JP wiki recommends 630acc before food/buffs etc.

The JP strat setup doesn't really match with the numbers provided by jem a few posts ago. 3 or 4 jobs from their setup are dedicated to buff accuracy. If their geo/cor(s)/2x madrigal/sushi are required to cap accuracy then you are looking at well above the current assumption for the boss eva (830

Pretty sure my set is higher than 630 acc before buffs even if you assumed the worst case and my gear being unaugmented (my gear is augmented though for the record)

433 GSD skill = 409 Acc
+129 Acc Gear = 538 Acc
138 DEX = 103 Acc = 641 Total Acc before food/buffs

I had GEO + CORs + BRDs like them so only difference should be self buffs? Not really a great difference between MNK/WAR and DRK/SAM self-buff wise even with no Diabolic Eye (Hasso, Absorbs and the fact my gear is augmented should level out the difference. Souleater when useable too)

Am I missing something that makes them vastly different? :(
 Asura.Aikchan
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-06-07 05:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Raistlinratt said: »
quick question, it's been a while since i've been mnk and things have changed. What level of shijin spiral do you need to beat asuran fists? I know SE raised the 'starting' level of all the merit WS's to be 73% mod at lvl 1? or something like that.

I bought the 200k plasm h2h Oatixur and am very impressed by the damage output overall, the only thing i'm lacking is a proper weaponskill. I've been using asuran fists (avg 3k-ish in delve farm morimar w/ rcb), and was wondering if anyone math'd out how much more Shijin will do given similar levels of gear and buffs, and how many merits you'd need to make asuran obsolete. Also a general comparison, as obviously I wouldn't waste merits to do marginally better etc.

currently 5/5 shoha, 5/5 resolution, 4/5 last stand, 1/5 upheaval (lol...). I don't know if I can realistically go 5/5 shijin given my usual jobs/main jobs....even though i really want to! (insert comment complaining to SE to let us have more than 3 maxed)

4/5 shoha/reso remove upheaval, 3/5 ss.

But imo, SE needs to fix merited ws since stats > weapon damage, so you probably fully buffed(+atk songs, rolls) and boss debuffed, you might see ~4000-4500 SS w/o spikes.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2013-06-07 07:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »

The JP strat setup doesn't really match with the numbers provided by jem a few posts ago. 3 or 4 jobs from their setup are dedicated to buff accuracy. If their geo/cor(s)/2x madrigal/sushi are required to cap accuracy then you are looking at well above the current assumption for the boss eva (830

Pretty sure my set is higher than 630 acc before buffs even if you assumed the worst case and my gear being unaugmented (my gear is augmented though for the record)

433 GSD skill = 409 Acc
+129 Acc Gear = 538 Acc
138 DEX = 103 Acc = 641 Total Acc before food/buffs

I had GEO + CORs + BRDs like them so only difference should be self buffs? Not really a great difference between MNK/WAR and DRK/SAM self-buff wise even with no Diabolic Eye (Hasso, Absorbs and the fact my gear is augmented should level out the difference. Souleater when useable too)

Am I missing something that makes them vastly different? :(

someone mentioned the GEO's use Boltser, and all the BRD's use Soul Voice. Hell, Bolstered Acc+/Evasion- Luapons are like +60acc/ -60 evasion
By kenshynofshiva 2013-06-07 08:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Man that escalated quickly from relic rng only to non ranger killing all 5 NMs and boss with 13 minutes left.... Holy hell was pchan right lol....
 Asura.Jem
By Asura.Jem 2013-06-07 09:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to imagine they are overkilling then. Whilst we do use SV, I definitely don't get a GEO Acc buff.

I don't know if the GEO bolsters the -Evasion but isn't Bolster only ~3 mins anyway?
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-06-07 09:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have multiple GEOs then you have multiple Bolsters, so there's little reason to not use it.

Torpor is probably slightly more than the original -41 evasion with full skill merits (Indi-Fury seems to have increased from 12.5% (+32/256) to -13% (+33/256)).

Regardless, assuming -41 evasion, Bolster (+100% potency) Torpor is -82 evasion! Each GEO can also get at least 1 minute of a +75% potency Luopan with Attrition/Glory/Dematerialize. So 2 GEOs guarantees at least eight minutes of extrmely potent Luopan excitement.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2013-06-07 09:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

+100% lol, didn't know Bolster was Soul Voice II.
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 363 364 365