Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 363 364 365
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2013-05-29 19:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

For Shijin Spirl, how does a Light Belt compare to a Caudata belt? I dont have wanion belt and i rarely get anything other than log s from VW (pretty much given up on that event lol). So which is better and is there another alternative i could look into. Was told Prossilio belt but the DA-5% would kill me wouldnt it?
By pchan 2013-05-30 05:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

capped acc : artful belt +1
uncapped : anguinus
By pchan 2013-05-30 05:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Natenn said: »
pchan said: »
you moved from "your monk can't tank tier 3-4" to "your monk can't tank tier V". Just pointing out that you don't seem so sure of yourself.
i never specified any tier you idiot, where are your fracture naakaul wins? dont have any? its cause you suck, shut up and go gear SAM/DRK/RNG.
ok kid, go back to tank pussies.
 Valefor.Dpking
Server: Valefor
user: Dpking
By Valefor.Dpking 2013-05-30 09:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I use flame gorget and flame belt. I tried artful +1 and yielded worse results vs my flame belt.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-30 09:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Dpking said: »
Light belt isn't for shijin spiral. I use flame gorget and flame belt. I tried artful +1 and yielded worse results vs my flame belt.

??
Shijin Spiral

Hand-to-Hand weapon skill
Skill Level: 357
Description: Delivers a fivefold attack that Plagues the target. Chance of inflicting Plague varies with TP.
In order to obtain Shijin Spiral, the quest Martial Mastery must be completed.
Shijin Spiral has an attack bonus of 1.05.
Aligned with the Flame Gorget, Light Gorget & Aqua Gorget.

Properties
Element: None
Skillchain Properties: Fusion/Reverberation
Modifiers: DEX:
Damage Multipliers by TP:
100%TP 200%TP 300%TP
1.0625 1.0625 1.0625

Light: Works for any Weapon Skill with Light, Fusion, or Transfixion properties.
 Valefor.Dpking
By Valefor.Dpking 2013-05-30 09:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry I edited it ASAP but not soon enough haha.
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2013-05-30 13:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So how would they rank?

Atm according to Montenten's spreadsheet, im seeing the following:

Caudata > Prossilio > Artful +1 > Anguinus > Ele Belt

Does that about sum it up in real time?
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-30 13:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm no wanion???
 Valefor.Dpking
By Valefor.Dpking 2013-05-30 14:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't tested Caudata but I think about trying it a lot. Artful +1 I have tested for myself and it was lackluster. Can't go wrong with an ele belt. I wouldn't touch prossilio myself.
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2013-05-30 14:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Natenn said: »
you moved from "your monk can't tank tier 3-4" to "your monk can't tank tier V". Just pointing out that you don't seem so sure of yourself.
i never specified any tier you idiot, where are your fracture naakaul wins? dont have any? its cause you suck, shut up and go gear SAM/DRK/RNG.
ok kid, go back to tank pussies.
YouTube Video Placeholder
all i have to say to this likes of you.
[+]
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2013-05-30 15:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »
Hmm no wanion???

Don't have Wanion, hence why i didn't list it. I do have access to the others though, be it AH or already acquired.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-05-30 16:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Caudata is an excellent all-around piece. It's good regardless of whether you're needing accuracy, compared to other options, and also serves as a Chakra piece.

Prosilio's at its best when used with Asuran, since the -DA has no effect. For other weaponskills, in accuracy capped situations it's a tiny bit ahead of Caudata (~0.2%, with usual caveats); in non-accuracy-capped situations it's well behind.

When accuracy is uncapped, Anguinus is the best. With capped accuracy it's OK, but surpassed by others.

Artful/+1 is a mid-range piece. It's better than Anguinus when accuracy is capped, but worse than Caudata/Prosilio/Wanion unless attack is also capped. Since that's unlikely to happen on anything meaningful, it doesn't seem like a worthwhile item to get.

Wanion is a nice option (especially if/when we get back to using Victory Smite*), but for Shijin is basically tied with Prosilio, so not having it isn't that big a deal.

The elemental belts are a pretty weak option for mnk's weaponskills. You can get the same accuracy and more damage from Caudata, or more accuracy from Anguinus. And if you don't need the accuracy, all of the other choices are better for damage.

Overall: Personally, I went with Caudata rather than Warwolf+Prosilio (Chakra + weaponskill), particularly as it's also the best option when only mildly under the accuracy cap (90%+ hit rate). I still have Anguinus in reserve for when I really need the accuracy, but haven't yet been in a situation where it's really needed. Prosilio is tempting to get for Asuran, but not enough that I'm willing to spend the inventory on it right now.

*Caveat: That assumes that using Wanion gains you a fair bit in the dDex spectrum, for better crit rates. Given the very high stats of newer mobs (eg: delve fodder has ~134 vit, and probably similar agi), it's likely that dDex won't be a significant factor regardless of your gear set, so other options could very well outperform it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2013-05-30 16:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Motenten said: »
Caudata is an excellent all-around piece. It's good regardless of whether you're needing accuracy, compared to other options, and also serves as a Chakra piece.

Prosilio's at its best when used with Asuran, since the -DA has no effect. For other weaponskills, in accuracy capped situations it's a tiny bit ahead of Caudata (~0.2%, with usual caveats); in non-accuracy-capped situations it's well behind.

When accuracy is uncapped, Anguinus is the best. With capped accuracy it's OK, but surpassed by others.

Artful/+1 is a mid-range piece. It's better than Anguinus when accuracy is capped, but worse than Caudata/Prosilio/Wanion unless attack is also capped. Since that's unlikely to happen on anything meaningful, it doesn't seem like a worthwhile item to get.

Wanion is a nice option (especially if/when we get back to using Victory Smite*), but for Shijin is basically tied with Prosilio, so not having it isn't that big a deal.

The elemental belts are a pretty weak option for mnk's weaponskills. You can get the same accuracy and more damage from Caudata, or more accuracy from Anguinus. And if you don't need the accuracy, all of the other choices are better for damage.

Overall: Personally, I went with Caudata rather than Warwolf+Prosilio (Chakra + weaponskill), particularly as it's also the best option when only mildly under the accuracy cap (90%+ hit rate). I still have Anguinus in reserve for when I really need the accuracy, but haven't yet been in a situation where it's really needed. Prosilio is tempting to get for Asuran, but not enough that I'm willing to spend the inventory on it right now.

*Caveat: That assumes that using Wanion gains you a fair bit in the dDex spectrum, for better crit rates. Given the very high stats of newer mobs (eg: delve fodder has ~134 vit, and probably similar agi), it's likely that dDex won't be a significant factor regardless of your gear set, so other options could very well outperform it.

Thank you very much for this explanation. Its cleared things up for me perfectly. +1 from me to you :)
By pchan 2013-05-30 16:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You dont care for crits on shijin or asuran fists so why consider ddex ? Fstr is more important which is why str+dex gear like wanion will be good for capped stuff.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-05-30 16:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The asterisk regarding the dDEX caveat is next to Victory Smite, ergo he's referring to Victory Smite when referring to dDEX
[+]
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-31 09:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

[dev1143] One-handed and Ranged Weapon Adjustments
Status adjustments for one-handed weapons (hand-to-hand weapons included) and ranged weapons will be increased as given below.
The end result is that status adjustments for main-hand weapons will be the same as for two-handed weapons.
One-handed Weapons
Main Weapons Pre-adjustment Post-adjustment
Attack (STR) 50% → 75%
Accuracy (DEX) 50% → 75%

Sub Weapons Pre-adjustment Post-adjustment
Accuracy (DEX) 50% → 75%

Ranged Weapons
Ranged Weapons Pre-adjustment Post-adjustment
Attack (STR) 50% → 75%
Accuracy (AGI) 50% → 75%
-----
If you wish to discuss or submit feedback on this topic, please use the [dev1143] tag.

I think I just exploded man h2h over 100 D and now this.....
[+]
By pchan 2013-05-31 09:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

MNks are gaining about 40 attack and 40 accuracy in buffed fights (2 madrigals, 2x marches boost dex and str in naturally high with delve gear). It could make dex gear more important than it already is on shijin. MNk best job + 30% damage.
By pchan 2013-05-31 09:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So I put this buff into a delve situation :

mob stats : def 750, agi/vit 162, evasion 950
(those would be stats 25% higher than the presumed tier 4 stats)
buffs : 2x marches, 2x madrigals, 2x minuets from 2 max BRDs (can't imput 4x minuets in the SS), haste dia II, focus agressor, impetus, sushi.

pre VU DPS :
tp : honed tathlum
whirlpool
Eij +1
bladeborn
steelflash
manibozho
Omodaka
Mars
Epona
letalis
Anguinus
Manibozho
Manibozho

ws : honed tathlum
whirlpool
Eij +1
bladeborn
steelflash
manibozho
thurandaut
Thundersoul
Epona
letalis
Anguinus
Manibozho
Usukane +1

pre vu DPS is of 259 (60% hit rate)
post vu DPS is of 415 (87% hit rate)

Turns out to be a 60% boost on this kind of mob ! Basically, the dex buffs give you 1/4 of your dex worth of acc compared to rightnow so in the above case you get roughly 50 acc and 40 attack buffs.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-31 09:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it Christmas this early this year???? WINNING!!!!
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-05-31 10:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah the update will be huge for high level content. Hit rate is such a big deal anytime you are picking up ACC your DPS will increase a ton.

You can manually enter Minuet 1-3 on the gear page, as well as other stats that aren't accounted for.
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2013-05-31 21:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »
[dev1143] One-handed and Ranged Weapon Adjustments
Status adjustments for one-handed weapons (hand-to-hand weapons included) and ranged weapons will be increased as given below.
The end result is that status adjustments for main-hand weapons will be the same as for two-handed weapons.
One-handed Weapons
Main Weapons Pre-adjustment Post-adjustment
Attack (STR) 50% → 75%
Accuracy (DEX) 50% → 75%

Sub Weapons Pre-adjustment Post-adjustment
Accuracy (DEX) 50% → 75%

Ranged Weapons
Ranged Weapons Pre-adjustment Post-adjustment
Attack (STR) 50% → 75%
Accuracy (AGI) 50% → 75%
-----
If you wish to discuss or submit feedback on this topic, please use the [dev1143] tag.

I think I just exploded man h2h over 100 D and now this.....

Very very nice :D
By pchan 2013-06-01 11:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

macross said that on BG

Quote:
Jpns on my server jsut killed toji with monk strat, not fake at all. Said was 10 minute fight.
*** r15 rigors though, will try it maybe after winning with rangers and buyin oaxtirs lol.
they had 2 taru 1 mithra 1 hume mnk btw, missed 0 stuns. Dunno if if someting NA can pull off due to lag.

The only thing I'll ask myslef is the exact amount of accuracy required for monk with 2x GH'ed madrigals. Past that anyone with half a brain, except natenn and his group, will guess that melees are going to win. What is the best melee job again ? If this actually works, I'll able to kill this mob with the help of stunners from pugs.

Also I can't wait for the next devs comment on delves bosses. Self masturbating on people using rejects jobs like rng/geo/pld. Are they going to post that people went back to mnk zerg ?

With a decent amount of acc loss (~47) I can rock -35% pdt, capped mdt, 3k+ HP on elvaan mnk.
 Asura.Jem
user: Jemmy
By Asura.Jem 2013-06-01 11:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

This set-up with Madrigals, Hunters and Sushi caps out Acc against Tojil on DRK so whatever that translates to in MNK terms

ItemSet 300726

Just because we use RNG's now, don't think for one second we won't change to a melee set-up if it's workable / more efficient. Our melees are stronger than our RNG's. We use the RNG set-up at the minute because it works and melees were dying / getting weakened all the time when we did it with them (We tried melee strat before we reverted to RNG's)
By pchan 2013-06-01 12:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

gjalar horn madrigals ? boost dex ? agressor ?
 Asura.Jem
user: Jemmy
By Asura.Jem 2013-06-01 12:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK/SAM so Hasso but no Aggressor. No Diabolic Eye as I daredn't risk the HP down.

BRD's have 99 Harp + Horn.

No Boost DEX (Only melee there, mages weren't risking themselves to give me buffs)
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-06-01 12:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

No boost-dex, mad are Ghorn 99.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-06-01 12:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

base skill: 417+16
base dex: 89+12

simple acc: 129
simple dex: 40

Augments, assuming rank 15 str on Mikinaak feet, rank 15 dex on Bereaver: 25 acc, 10 dex

hasso: 10

Dex from brd af3 March/Mad (assuming 5/5, not using Marduk +1 legs for duration): 20
Dex from sushi: 6

Acc from 2x Madrigal: 81
Acc from 11 Hunter's: 50 (+15 if rng in this party)

Totals --
skill: 433
dex: 177 >> 132 acc
acc: 295
sushi: 72 cap if sole, 76 cap if bream

Overall: 908-912 acc, or 923-927 w/rng in party

Will see what's feasible on mnk..
 Carbuncle.Sirlancelot
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Sirlancelot 2013-06-01 13:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

With a decent amount of acc loss (~47) I can rock -35% pdt, capped mdt, 3k+ HP on elvaan mnk.

uhh what kind of set are you using to achieve these stats? I'm not trying to disprove anything I'm just genuinely curious because I have very good pdt/mdt sets and my HP is nowhere near 3000 (Elvaan 15/15 hp merits) so I need to make adjustments.
By pchan 2013-06-01 13:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

expected evasion is 830 which only 100 more than the raptor and 100 more than what I posted 9 posts ago.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2013-06-01 13:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sirlancelot said: »

uhh what kind of set are you using to achieve these stats? I'm not trying to disprove anything I'm just genuinely curious because I have very good pdt/mdt sets and my HP is nowhere near 3000 (Elvaan 15/15 hp merits) so I need to make adjustments.

That is probably 3000HP using Mantra 5/5 with augmented feet.
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 363 364 365