users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 140 141 142 ... 363 364 365
By Blazed1979 2017-07-28 12:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
What grip would you use?
Uttu no doubt. Uttu all over my Victory Smites, yes please.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-07-28 12:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
What grip would you use?

Mnk is not on it so, aside from "Lets add monk" what else? I do agree Utu > all, but dulpis make a comeback or blood?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-07-28 12:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

New MNK ability ! Enhance your H2H with whatever you like prefight !

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-07-28 13:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »
SE will pat themselves in the back for a job well done. Sam are gonna sub Mnk. Drk will contemplate on the possibilities. Mnk is going back to the bottom row.

An update to MNK as a sideways way to boost SAM makes total SE sense.

It would be cool to see /MNK as viable. In that way, adjusting JAs would seem like a smart move. /superfacepalm if the changes leave MNK little better than it is, though. We just have to wait and see!
By fillerbunny9 2017-07-28 13:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Well SE deciding to treat H2H as either DW or 2H would be a good start. Currently they get the worst of both worlds without the benefits of either. Personally wish they would just treat them as 2H, let MNK's wear the grips and treat every punch as a main hand punch.

This makes the most sense, and is therefore as far away as possible to any fix they're likely to provide. -_-

What grip would you use? Would they have to be Mnk specific or anything atm worth using? New Item in sub slot would be nice to think about HP+ resist + etc

Utu Grip, obviously. 99% of the grips in the game are otherwise so ridiculously underpowered in current meta as to be a joke. I mean, what else is there that anyone would seriously use? Bloodrain Strap? Gracile (because Monk has a haste problem... lulz)? Refined/Mensch +1 because Monk tanking isn't dead, buried, and forgotten?

if they were to make wraps or whatever they chose to call them MNK exclusive and completely new, I'd want something with moderate to high Acc/Att and perhaps a significant Crit boost. (we're talking in the neighborhood of 20+ Acc/Att and like 10%+ Crit Rate/Damage). maybe borrow Utu's additional DEX mod as well. Monk is so ridiculously behind the curve, that what would normally be laughably overpowered would only serve to close the gap instead of breaking the game.

What grip would you use?

Mnk is not on it so, aside from "Lets add monk" what else? I do agree Utu > all, but dulpis make a comeback or blood?

Duplus is not even worth mentioning when Monk has access to all the Multi-attack that it does. just look at Moonbow Belt, THAT is somewhere in the neighborhood that Monk wraps should be starting from.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-07-28 13:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Monk is so ridiculously behind the curve, that what would normally be laughably overpowered would only serve to close the gap instead of breaking the game.

Asura's Wraps: Martials Arts +3, Subtle Blow +5
Durga wraps: Counter +3
Augus Wraps: Kick attacks +2
Yasha Wraps: Regen +5

That's what we're getting
By fillerbunny9 2017-07-28 13:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Monk is so ridiculously behind the curve, that what would normally be laughably overpowered would only serve to close the gap instead of breaking the game.

Asura's Wraps: Martials Arts +3, Subtle Blow II+5

aside from my little edit there, I would not be surprised to see you being 100% correct otherwise.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-07-28 14:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Asura's Wraps: Martials Arts +3, Subtle Blow II+5

aside from my little edit there, I would not be surprised to see you being 100% correct otherwise.
I hope something along those lines. I agree with what you have said as far as what monk needs to even come close to a normal use job. Soon they will have to start a Job synergy category where as "If you include the use of other jobs, they will enhance your job" aka Buffs like cor rolls or how certain trust gain benefits for having others out at the same time. SE does like to give us what we *** about the most sometimes.
By Blazed1979 2017-07-28 14:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope something along those lines.
You would be wise not hope for more.
what MNK would actually need are stuff like

Ryu's Wraps: H2H DMG dealt +5000
Ken's Wraps: Counter +20, Haste +25%
Akuma's Wraps: WSDMG+50
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-07-28 15:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Chicken Wraps: mayo +50
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-07-28 15:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Buddah Wraps: Auto Arise, Full TP, and Instant reset of all Ja Timers to 0
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-07-28 16:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Enjoy your +3 str from Chakra.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-07-28 16:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

For a grip (which we aren't going to get) to save MNK, it would have to be more powerful than a REMA...
By clearlyamule 2017-07-28 17:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
For a grip (which we aren't going to get) to save MNK, it would have to be more powerful than a REMA...
What if they wore a pup on their fists!?! That shoots automatons at the mob each swing
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-07-28 17:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
Monkutu Grip
HP +700 Accuracy +300 Attack +300
Weapon Skill STR & DEX +100%
Lv. 99 MNK
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-07-28 17:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you guys use Anchorite's Cyclas +3 on, WS-wise? Just curious.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-07-28 18:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't use it beyond crit WS. Adhemar Jacket +1 (B), Ryuo Domaru +1 (A) have similar stats with additional bonuses (atk, multi strikes etc.)

Herculean Vest could probably be used as well.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-07-28 18:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Would it beat Abnoba for Vsmite? Haven't tested it on the spreadsheet, was a bit skeptic.

As for the other WS there's just so many options according to your gil and patience.
Adhemar/Ryuo HQ, Herc with good augs, even Rawhide (A) and Hizamaru+2 might beat Anchorite+3 on some WS, when you don't need the excess Acc provide by Ancho of course.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-07-28 18:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Absolutely. 14 STR 3 crit dmg is significantly better than 5 crit rate. It might not be too much better with Vere/Spharai, but with the TP Bonus from Godhands, crit rate isn't adding a whole lot of damage.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-28 19:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Utu Grip, obviously. 99% of the grips in the game are otherwise so ridiculously underpowered in current meta as to be a joke.

Bloodrain is actually quite good and was amazing until Utu existed. The reason is that the Store TP +6 is not only on TP builds but also on WS too which helps out your X-hit builds. X-hit's aren't just for 2H melees, the logic (optimizing time till 1000) applies to both DW and H2H setups.
By fillerbunny9 2017-07-28 21:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrain was quite good when it came out, certainly, and it's pretty much the 2nd best Grip. the problem is I find it highly unlikely that when given the option between them that someone is going to take it over Utu in most any given circumstance, instead opting to make up the sTP deficiency in other slots.

the accessory, ammo, and sub slots have all been lagging far behind in the gear curve prior to Omen/Ambuscade (capes). when thinking particularly with hand to hand in mind, being given a Bloodrain equivalent would be a "well, it's better than nothing, but why the hell did they even bother to begin with?" situation. it would be akin to making Moonbow Belt, but its stats being DEF: 12, STR +12, Haste +16%, "Subtle Blow" +7, Physical damage taken -7%. sure, it's better than Black Belt, but it doesn't begin to address making the job competitive through gear.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-28 22:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Utu grip is just far beyond anything else in that slot. It's like comparing 119 gear to 99 gear. The accessories were never really upgraded to 119 status like the other gear was. Ambuscade made "119" capes and omen made a few "119" accessories. I expect the next set of content to hsve even more "119" accessories.
By geigei 2017-07-29 03:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

・Adjust certain abilities
・Add new items
・Adjust damage values and delay on certain equipment
・Adjust attributes on certain equipment

It's happening.
By Blazed1979 2017-07-29 06:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
・Adjust certain abilities
・Add new items
・Adjust damage values and delay on certain equipment
・Adjust attributes on certain equipment

It's happening.
They (SE) should really just be silent about such things because their track record of meeting self-imposed deadlines and expectations is horrid, terrible, spectacularly inaccurate and always disappointing.

They should have just made the changes and then announced them the day after as a stepping stone if the changes were not well received or said "surprise!" if they were.

Its like SE'S main goal is to always create Hype "please look forward to it" instead of doing something that people will enjoy.

Joy/enjoyment =/= Hype/suspense
By geigei 2017-07-29 06:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta keep dem subs coming.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-07-29 07:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

No one has speculated about Guard - its possible SE pushes MNK more in that direction.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-29 08:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

They should have just made the changes and then announced them the day after as a stepping stone if the changes were not well received or said "surprise!" if they were.

Emergency maintenances are called emergency for a reason, it's rather labor intensive to shut down production servers and then properly bring them back online without any unforseen consequences. It's far better to do all the changes in one go rather then nickle and dime your operational budget with frequent updates.
By Blazed1979 2017-07-29 08:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Emergency maintenances are called emergency for a reason, it's rather labor intensive to shut down production servers and then properly bring them back online without any unforseen consequences. It's far better to do all the changes in one go rather then nickle and dime your operational budget with frequent updates.

I'm not contesting that. I'm saying they need to better market themselves. They should make the changes at the scheduled specified time of server updates and keep quiet about it.
Make the announcement on the day, during Maintenance at least. They have everyone's hopes up for MNK, and it will most likely end up being a garbage change to MNK that does nothing.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-29 08:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm saying they need to better market themselves.

Understatement of the century right there.

They have everyone's hopes up for MNK, and it will most likely end up being a garbage change to MNK that does nothing.

Honestly that's everyone else's problem. We've been on this game for over a decade, if people don't know not to trust SE's update notes and not to get their hopes up then there is no amount of marketing magic that will fix that.

I already know it's going to be ***, I see no reference to H2H WS's on that list of updates and that is where the primary problem sits. They would need to triple MNK's melee DPS for it to even be considered for higher content. Far easier to just tweak a few WS's instead.
By pchan 2017-07-29 09:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated my python simulation !

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7wbcilaHsTeZ0E3MG5ZaHdDM3c

-fixed incorrect triple proc on spharai and verethragna

I have now spharai very close to vere's AM1 (~1% so essentially the same dps) and godhands still behind.

-added raging fists and shinjin spiral. RF sucks (even with godhands and ACp earring) and (EDIT) SP too (plague could be useful with inhibit TP strategies)

- added a ftpbonus stats and modified the weapon skill definitions consequently. Gave the definition of the sea belt and gorget.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 140 141 142 ... 363 364 365