2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 262 263 264
By Nyruul 2014-11-26 05:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
This... is a mistake... It has to be a *** up. Rudra's right now is disgusting. Seriously.

THF is going to be a god damn MONSTER if they increase Rudras AND improve Stroke, Evis and DE.

Yeah if you are as good of a thf as valli its going to be absolutely broken.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-11-26 06:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-11-26 06:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/45216-dev1242-Job-Adjustments?p=533178#post533178
Quote:
Weapon skills will undergo the following adjustments.
The potency of the following weapon skills will be increased.

Dancing Edge / Shark Bite / Evisceration / Mercy Stroke / Mordant Rime /
Pyrrhic Kleos / Rudra's Storm / Vorpal Blade / Savage Blade /
Knights of Round / Death Blossom / Expiacion / Rampage / Calamity /
Mistral Axe / Decimation / Onslaught / Bora Axe / Ruinator / Blade: Jin /
Blade : Ku / Blade: Metsu / Blade: Kamu / Blade : Hi / Blade: Shun /
True Strike / Judgement / Hexastrike / Black Halo / Randgrith /
Realmrazer / Exenterator / Chant du Cygne

The TP Bonuses for the following weapons will be increased.

Mandalic Stab / Rudra’s Storm / Savage Blade / Expiacion / Calamity /
Mistral Axe / Blade: Ten / Judgement / Black Halo / Mystic Boon

Bonuses for the following weapon skills that only applied at initial ranks will now be applied to all ranks.

Dancing Edge / Evisceration / Pyrrhic Kleos / Vorpal Blade / Swift Blade /
Rampage / Decimation / Blade: Jin / Blade: Ku / Hexastrike / Exenterator /
Chant du Cygne
I'm already madly in love with Rudra's the month or so I've had it unlocked and now it's going to get stronger! o_O

Thats very interesting. They are trying to make one handed dds more competitive aparently. Im interested in mercy stroke bonus. I got currency enough to make it, just want a real reason to make the dagger.

About the third group, the bonuses applied to all ranks, what does mean "rank"? Does that mean "hits"? Iirc, the ftp bonus is just applied to first hit, so, does that mean all hits in a ws will have a ftp higher than 1?

fTP is about the only thing I can think of:

Bonuses for the following weapon skills that only applied at initial ranks will now be applied to all ranks.
Dancing Edge / Evisceration / Pyrrhic Kleos / Vorpal Blade / Swift Blade /
Rampage / Decimation / Blade: Jin / Blade: Ku / Hexastrike / Exenterator /
Chant du Cygne

That whole list seems to be multi-hit WS's, looks like. Correct me if I'm wrong.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-11-26 06:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The maximum accuracy of one-handed weapons equipped as the main weapon will be increased from 95% to 99%.

Also, does this mean accuracy cap will now be 99% for jobs that use 1-handed weapons?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-11-26 06:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
The maximum accuracy of one-handed weapons equipped as the main weapon will be increased from 95% to 99%.

Also, does this mean accuracy cap will now be 99% for jobs that use 1-handed weapons?
It could mean that, alternatively it could also mean that there won't be a cap but they can't say accuracy will be 100% because there's always the chance of missing.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2014-11-26 06:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It could mean that, alternatively it could also mean that there won't be a cap but they can't say accuracy will be 100% because there's always the chance of missing.

It could also mean that weapon/shield combo will gain an accuracy boost similar to the Fencer bonus.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-27 04:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Might... Call Jop points REQUIRED now... Just sayin'. It depends on the quality of the gear though.

Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2014-11-27 04:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said: »

It could also mean that weapon/shield combo will gain an accuracy boost similar to the Fencer bonus.

I know it's off topic, but lol...

WAR: Enhances "Fencer" effect. "Fencer" TP Bonus +50. Job Points Needed 80.

Why SE, why!
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-11-27 06:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

95 Job Points spent actually isn't that bad. Between the campaigns they've gives us, random merit sessions for High tier BC farming, a couple of random CP runs with friends, and Incursion, I'm sitting at 151 total Job Points farmed already. One category takes 47 Job Points to 10/10.

I think there are actually a lot of people that will log in with everything maxed out on that category already, lol.

To acquire all the Job Traits you're looking at minimum 2 categories 10/10 and 1 point into a 3rd, lol.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-27 06:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Not the point. JP were NOT supposed to be like this. In any context.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-11-27 06:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Like what, lol? It's basically an attempt to resurrect the old merit system from back in ToAU days. CP are "supposed" to be like what merits were back in the day.

Granted they are a bit bit grindier, albeit not by much, but not like you actually have to be in a PT to farm them either. A lot of jobs can solo them at a very steady pace.

And sometimes, solo can be more efficient for things like that since you only go off you're own schedule, no waiting hours to acquire people. Wanna CP for an hour? Get your trusts and run out there. EP/DC/EM/T/VT are are soloable with trusts depending on the player. Choose your grade of mob and kill.

Only real major difference beween the two is the fact you need 30,000/point now instead of 10,000/point.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-11-27 13:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Like what, lol?

Well, I was going to say their intent was never to design content around JP, or make it required for anything... then uh..

Quote:
Will future content be built around job points?
For the time being our plan is to not balance the game based on job point enhancements.

In the future when job point enhancements become the norm there is a possibility that content is designed based on them, but it would first be content for hardcore players that spent time enhancing.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/40525-Job-points-another-form-of-merit-points?p=497899#post497899

Its clear their intent wasn't in the beginning to make it required, but yah... seems like they had plans that in the future it might become possible to tie it to content (in this case, probably the "Superior" items).

Interesting.
By Chyula 2014-11-27 13:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets hope it don't become like the old REM shout, but I can almost feel it now. Content design base on max potential job point boost and it'll force players closing the door to avoid inviting noobs.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-11-27 14:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Like what, lol? It's basically an attempt to resurrect the old merit system from back in ToAU days. CP are "supposed" to be like what merits were back in the day.

Granted they are a bit bit grindier, albeit not by much, but not like you actually have to be in a PT to farm them either. A lot of jobs can solo them at a very steady pace.

And sometimes, solo can be more efficient for things like that since you only go off you're own schedule, no waiting hours to acquire people. Wanna CP for an hour? Get your trusts and run out there. EP/DC/EM/T/VT are are soloable with trusts depending on the player. Choose your grade of mob and kill.

Only real major difference beween the two is the fact you need 30,000/point now instead of 10,000/point.

People clamor for the "old days" but they don't like it when the old day mechanics are brought back lol.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-11-27 14:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »

People clamor for the "old days" but they don't like it when the old day mechanics are brought back lol.

It personally doesn't bother me at all.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-11-27 14:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Me either
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2014-11-27 16:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Me either

This is three times the amount of effort you'd be putting in for old merits though. It's not the "Old days", which I personally miss, it's something much worse, potentially obligatory for all jobs (if you want to wear the superior gear), and far less pleasant.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-11-27 17:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

So if they made it super easy and everyone capped JP in a month on every job, would people *** then too? Merits were "required" in most cases, these job points aren't. Nobody even knows the stats on the gear yet. I doubt it will be a job defining piece that you MUST have either.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2014-11-27 17:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not saying they should let everyone cap their JP in one month (and by that I hope you intend 30 days, as in hundreds and hundreds of hours). But you should realize that by requiring each job to have at least 50 JP (1.5M Cps) invested just in order to climb up '1' lvl gear wise, SE is taking quite a leap from the current lvlup progress chart.

Idm partying, or soloing to lvl up, but the requirements on this next step seem too demanding. If you could at least choose which job to invest the Cps you get by attending an event (stuff which is usually considered the most interesting and entertaining part of a videogame) or simply partying, things would probably sound less hysterical.

If you like playing all the jobs the game has to offer, even if just every once in a while, then you must realize that being forced through repetitive, repetitive grind before being able to enjoy them is not funny.

I find myself wanting to put less and less time/effort into an increasing number of jobs just because in order to get them to a "meh" standard would require my soul IRL (I don't bot, so yeah, life "Can I have it?"). To me this is not a wise choice in an attempt to keep players attached to the game.

They could do far better things than this to keep us attached.
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-11-27 20:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't say there is nothing to do in this game anymore. Now you have intensive happy grinding.
 Ragnarok.Punisha
Server: Ragnarok
user: Altwight
By Ragnarok.Punisha 2014-11-29 13:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hay guys! I've been away for about 3 months. I was pretty caught up on gear when I quit. With all the new avatar battles and incursion released, are there any specific pieces of gear that I ABSOLUTELY need?

Also, thief weapon skill damage update HYPE!
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-11-29 14:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I couldn't find a source, but I had heard someone mention that Superior gear will be crafted, which to me seems to imply that they are the HQ results, with ever so slightly better stats than their NQ counterparts, which themselves I'm sure will be comparable to stuff well within most player's reach. Regardless, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Ragnarok.Punisha said: »
Hay guys! I've been away for about 3 months. I was pretty caught up on gear when I quit. With all the new avatar battles and incursion released, are there any specific pieces of gear that I ABSOLUTELY need?

Also, thief weapon skill damage update HYPE!
There aren't any new NEED items, just some nice pieces that can help here and there or fill in for slots you might feel are lacking. Incursion does have augmented JSE capes that, for THF, can get DEX/AGI/Dual Wield/Crit Damage on them, so that's pretty awesome. Ramuh has a THF usable 119 gun (Donar Gun), Garuda has an updated Garuda Dagger with +15 wind magic damage (Levante Dagger), and Shiva has nice MAB gloves (Nilas Gloves). There are also new Adoulin NMs in the "gates" areas, including a Hippogryph in Woh Gates that drops a potent MAB head piece (Highwing Helm). Also, the final Adoulin mission rewards are out, your choice between 12 rings which are all practical to some extent, which you'll wanna look over and think about.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-12-01 12:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The potency of the following weapon skills will be increased.

Dancing Edge / Shark Bite / Evisceration / Mercy Stroke / Rudra's Storm / Exenterator

The TP Bonuses for the following weapons will be increased.

Mandalic Stab / Rudra’s Storm

Dancing Edge / Evisceration / Exenterator

Just making some assumptions for now, but I'm kind of curious. Assuming the third means fTP from the first hit is shared across all hits, are there any math wizards that can give us some guesses about how that would change damage rankings between Dancing Edge, Evisceration, and Exenterator?

I know the potency bonus and ftp bonus will have to wait until the update itself, but this update is building anxiety like a biznatch, lol.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-12-01 12:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, something kind of funny, anyone else noticed Rudra's Storm is the only RME WS that's on 2 different lists?

Mercy Stroke is on potency increase only. Mandalic Stab is on TP bonus only. But Rudra's Storm is on both, lol.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-12-01 15:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I imagine Mercy is only on potency cause it has no DMG modded by TP, as for Mandalic... Probably only adjusted 200/300%.

As for Rudra's, perhaps they buffed 100/200/300.

The way I figured it works was Potency buff was just a flat increase to fTP, which is why Mercy is on there...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-12-04 09:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Roguethief said: »
Should be the highest evasion possible for now, not sure how high Alluvion Evasion augments can go though. Hopefully december will bring something exciting because I want to get over that hurdle of evasion soloing mobs higher than 124
ItemSet 326791

Looks good, Why would we need eva sets though?
By NeboJones 2014-12-04 10:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Maxmizing evasion is useful in certain situations. Off the top of my head:
*High level soloing
*Oshit moments
*supertanking a group of mobs
*combined with movement speed/PDT to make a large pull of SoA mobs for AE cleaving (Some of the best exp/hour THF can get solo, imo)
*When mobs turn to you and you don't want to be the tank. Regular and Certain Physical TP attacks can and do miss, even from bosses with maxed evasion.

I think of my max evasion macro (and any PDT/MDT/DT sets for that matter) like having a reactive, situational, defensive ability.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-04 10:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

NeboJones said: »
Maxmizing evasion is useful in certain situations. Off the top of my head:
*High level soloing
*Oshit moments
*supertanking a group of mobs
*combined with movement speed/PDT to make a large pull of SoA mobs for AE cleaving (Best exp/hour THF can get solo, imo)
*When mobs turn to you and you don't want to be the tank. Regular and Certain Physical TP attacks can and do miss, even from bosses with maxed evasion.

I think of my max evasion macro (and any PDT/MDT/DT sets for that matter) like having a reactive, situational, defensive ability.

No. To all of it. Use an eva set if you want. It's not actually useful though. Unless you're doing subpar things anyway, and at that point, it's acceptable to do as you please.
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 262 263 264