First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 262 263 264
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-07-19 14:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Veritryy said: »
The 'right gear' is all based upon what you're doing at the time. But if you want to be a complete *** *** about it, go ahead. :D I was simply stating a fact. A 50% crit rate with 40 dex isn't going to win over a 48% crit rate with 108 dex.

Sucks though swapping one piece isn't going to give you 108 DEX and 48% crit rate vs 50% rate 40 dex though aye.
By Chyula 2014-07-19 14:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

TL:DR
SATA up WSD piece macro
SATA Down C.rate gear priority.
unless your /dnc(don't flame my drunk *** if I'm wrong) to force critical almost every ws.
By Chyula 2014-07-19 14:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Siren.Veritryy said: »
The 'right gear' is all based upon what you're doing at the time. But if you want to be a complete *** *** about it, go ahead. :D I was simply stating a fact. A 50% crit rate with 40 dex isn't going to win over a 48% crit rate with 108 dex.

Sucks though swapping one piece isn't going to give you 108 DEX and 48% crit rate vs 50% rate 40 dex though aye.

Obviously Siren have different gear than the other servers, and intelligent level too.
 Asura.Loire
Server: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-07-19 14:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

But mote you forgot which ones feels like it does more damage.
 Leviathan.Tharon
Server: Leviathan
user: Brancitt
By Leviathan.Tharon 2014-07-20 03:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've recently came back from a 3 month break, and I'm playing catch up atm. i have a few sets i'm working on. And I'm not entirely sure if I'm missing any important gear items. Aside from Stuff that was just recently released.

All are TP sets i use in various situations.

First is crit/dw
mandau/atoyac(oat/crit4%)x/yetshila
uk'uxkaj/nef/dw set
relic+1/af+1/rajas(thinking of onieros)/eponas
rancorous/patentia/af+1/relic+1

second is multiattack(capped haste)
mandau/atoyac/x/vanir battery
filistris/asparity/da set
qaaxo(workingonit)qaaxo(working on it)oneiros/eponas
atheling(have more options)/windbuffet/qaaxo?(unsure)/relic+1

That's just two for now i suppose. Any suggestions for upgrades please give me some positive feedback etc. Thanks :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-07-20 08:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, a multi-attack set like that is pretty significantly behind a DW set, but if you want to go that route...

Just curious what you would use it on and why. It's about 70 dps behind a dw set. And 130 overall dps.

Portus collar has 1% more DA
Thamus body obviously...
Triplus subligar/Calmecac Trousers
Nomkahpah mitts have 1% more DA
Iuitl mask w/ DA+2 > felistris (for multiattacks)
Brutal/Trux > Blade/Steel
Canny cape

I don't know what you'd use it on so if Ilvl is important.. or if it's just funsies.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-07-20 09:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tharon said: »
So I've recently came back from a 3 month break, and I'm playing catch up atm. i have a few sets i'm working on. And I'm not entirely sure if I'm missing any important gear items. Aside from Stuff that was just recently released.

First is crit/dw
uk'uxkaj/nef/dw set

That's just two for now i suppose. Any suggestions for upgrades please give me some positive feedback etc. Thanks :)

This is what I would aim for, for most fodder content including, but not limited to, Salvage/Dynamis/Limbus/solo merits/capacity points.

ItemSet 326314

24% haste
36% Critical Hit Rate(assuming capped dDEX)
21% Triple Attack Rate(with merits)

The Cap has 2% haste and +8 DEX on it, which I use for Evisceration as well.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-07-20 09:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It's only 24% haste, unless I missed something... Which still makes quiahuiz better~ granted it's 3 dps better... but yeah! And then that allows you to go back to felistris hat, which is another 3 dps =o 6 dps woot woot. Atoyac would get you another 6.

it's so minor that it's insignificant though, just that heads up.

I do see that you switched from the Thamaus body to skadi though~

Actually Qaaxo A hands are a DPS improvement too... but I can't justify buying those for that... But I should... it IS 2 whole DPS...
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-07-20 14:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, I would still keep the Uk cap just because of something thats been irking me while doing limbus/salvage2/outer rakaznar merits. There are fodder mobs still out there that you occasionally run into that you are almost ddex capped but not quite. And if you are within 10? or so 1 dex becomes the equivalent of 1 crit rate.
 Leviathan.Tharon
user: Brancitt
By Leviathan.Tharon 2014-07-20 16:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The Multi att set is for capped haste situations is how i thought dw worked?

Edit: and I can search through each slot for best multi attack, but it's more for capped haste/songs/samba etc
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-07-20 16:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The Multi att set is for capped haste situations is how i thought dw worked?

Edit: and I can search through each slot for best multi attack, but it's more for capped haste/songs/samba etc

That's why I asked what it was for, THF doesn't get many chances to do capped haste content after all.

I'd probably spreadsheet it yourself, based on what you have and are doing. (bard/cor buffs, target mob.)

Everything changes based on the scenario. With hunter/chaos madrigal/marchx2/minuet5 and 20% def down on a Tojil level mob, sub war bergressor and RCB, best I could find. you still need some DW to cap out. If you start throwing in GEO, second bard, different songs/other weird ***, then it won't be true. Might be able to get DPS higher, but it wouldn't be by much, Even prefectly augmented Iuitl+1 gear is inferior. Hands would need DA+2 AND Crit +2 (impossible) to be better.

ItemSet 326325
(Uk and Quia have 8str/2haste)
Delve Fodder, same buffs;

Too many *** variables. (STILL can't figure out how to add a 119 mandau to the itemsets.)
 Garuda.Veika
Server: Garuda
user: Veikuri
By Garuda.Veika 2014-07-20 23:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Mandau supposed to be better in the sub slot?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-07-20 23:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just the way item sets work on here... it always assumes relics are 75, and puts the higher level item in main hand.

Sometimes you can con it into going on the main hand, but I have no idea how (I just did it). I think it has something to do with being higher on the list.. but totally random.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-07-20 23:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
It's just the way item sets work on here... it always assumes relics are 75, and puts the higher level item in main hand.

Sometimes you can con it into going on the main hand, but I have no idea how (I just did it). I think it has something to do with being higher on the list.. but totally random.

No, w/e weapon you add first will end up in the offhand once you add the second weapon. It has nothing to do with base damage. And if you want to add a 119 R/M/E don't type the name, type the items code.

For Mandau 119 it's, 20555, just type that and click add item.

If you want Mandau 119 to show up in the main hand make sure it's the second weapon you add to an item set. The same thing goes for rings/earrings.

Also, if you are changing weapons/earrings/rings around on an item set you already have made, make sure you delete them in the right order. If you try to add the same weapon you just deleted it will glitch and put them back in the same slots. Make sure you delete them in the opposite order you are going to re-add them.

I might be making that sound a bit complicated but not quite sure how else to explain it.
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-07-21 07:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »

No, w/e weapon you add first will end up in the offhand once you add the second weapon. It has nothing to do with base damage. And if you want to add a 119 R/M/E don't type the name, type the items code.

If you want Mandau 119 to show up in the main hand make sure it's the second weapon you add to an item set. The same thing goes for rings/earrings.

Also, if you are changing weapons/earrings/rings around on an item set you already have made, make sure you delete them in the right order. If you try to add the same weapon you just deleted it will glitch and put them back in the same slots. Make sure you delete them in the opposite order you are going to re-add them.

I might be making that sound a bit complicated but not quite sure how else to explain it.
How do you find the Item ID's here?
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-07-21 07:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Syagin said: »

I usually go to FFXIAH News >> and find the Items Updated thread where it was added, than click on it. The 5 digit number you see in the web address is the items code.
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-07-21 07:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Syagin said: »

I usually go to FFXIAH News >> and find the Items Updated thread where it was added, than click on it. The 5 digit number you see in the web address is the items code.
Literally just noticed it just before clicking into your responce.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-07-21 08:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish it was that simple Q_Q I always added the offhand first, then when I add mandau, I assumed since it was the 75 version it was always relegated to the offhand, even when I would add like 15 daggers, then start deleting them, it would end up in the wrong spot. Even if I would add say, izhiikoh > mandau > mandau > izhiikoh > twashtar then start deleting it would add mandau as the offhand.

The only way I finally got it in the main hand was to add mandaus until it finally ended up higher on the gear list, then delete all the ones below the izhiikoh. The order in which they appeared seemed to be completely random in the gear order list. Never the top or the bottom, just somewhere in the arbitrary middle.

First one was entered Izhiikoh > Mandau
Second one was entered as Mandau > izhiikoh

They both ended up in the exact same order, regardless of the order in which they were typed.

Using Izhiikoh > 20555 will make it work properly, but the only way to do it by name is to have the level 75 relic, Didn't know the ID for 119, and ffxiah will always put the main hand as the higher level weapon, unless you can glitch it by adding multiple of the same relic.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-07-21 08:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish it was that simple Q_Q I always added the offhand first, then when I add mandau, I assumed since it was the 75 version it was always relegated to the offhand, even when I would add like 15 daggers, then start deleting them, it would end up in the wrong spot. Even if I would add say, izhiikoh > mandau > mandau > izhiikoh > twashtar then start deleting it would add mandau as the offhand.

The only way I finally got it in the main hand was to add mandaus until it finally ended up higher on the gear list, then delete all the ones below the izhiikoh. The order in which they appeared seemed to be completely random in the gear order list. Never the top or the bottom, just somewhere in the arbitrary middle.

ItemSet 326346
input /equip main "Izhiikoh";
input /equip sub "Mandau";
ItemSet 326347
input /equip main "Izhiikoh";
input /equip sub "Mandau";

First one was entered Izhiikoh > Mandau
Second one was entered as Mandau > izhiikoh

They both ended up in the exact same order, regardless of the order in which they were typed.

Using Izhiikoh > 20555 will make it work properly, but the only way to do it by name is to have the level 75 relic, Didn't know the ID for 119, and ffxiah will always put the main hand as the higher level weapon, unless you can glitch it by adding multiple of the same relic.
ItemSet 326348
input /equip main "Mandau";
input /equip sub "Izhiikoh";

I've been putting gearsets together with this method for almost 2 years, and everything I have just posted work exactly as I have said.

I used the same method for LVL. 99 relics.

I don't know what you are doing different, but the system always works for me. My Main hand weapons always end up in my mainhand on item sets on the 1st try 95% of the time unless my computer has a weird lag spike at an in-opportune time.

But than deleting/re-adding the way I posted above fixes it quick.

You did read the part I posted about deleting the items in the proper order before trying to re-add them, right?
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-07-21 09:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Deleted item sets due to not wanting them taking up space.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-07-21 11:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Then mines broken... cause no matter what order I add them, highest level goes into the main slot.

Izhiikoh > add item > Mandau > add item > they're reversed.
ItemSet 326359

Mandau > add > Vajra > add > reversed
ItemSet 326360

But it doesn't really matter... everyone should know the EMR is the mainhand.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-07-29 16:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

With the introduction of gear sets, I'm planning on making a TH gear set.

What's the cap on gear with TH right now and what gear is it? I think I'm missing all but one piece, the feet from Abyssea, have the seals and jewels, just need the feet, or 3 pairs of feet to drop.

If it's back a few, a quote would be fine.

Also is there a cap on steal? Might as well make a steal gear set as well, not sure what the best setup for that is, except the THF's Kotes I got seem to help.

Can't wait to make a TP, DEX, and AGI sets as well.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-07-29 16:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Need +5 TH from gear to reach the cap (8). +3 from Plunderer+1 hands, +1 from Chaac Belt, +1 from AF3+2 feet. Or, if you're missing one of those (or only have the NQ hands), the JSE dagger.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2014-07-29 16:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 326662
Best I can think of without a weapon.

TH caps at 8, so you need 5 from gear to get there. 119 dagger, 119 Relic hands, and the +1 belt will get you there.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-07-29 16:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/15880/key-ring-belt
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-07-29 16:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks guys I might be at cap already then for TH. I have the Sandung, Plunderer's +1 hands, and thf's knife. I should get the Empy +1 feet though just because I have all the items (except base feet) and ditch the old school thf's knife then.

Forgot about the key ring belt for steal. Those pants for steal look nice too. I've been only focusing on reforging relic gear to 119. Looks like AF reforged has a use too.

Have to look into that Chaac Belt too. Didn't know about that.
By lhova 2014-07-29 16:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

First is crit/dw
uk'uxkaj/nef/dw set

This is what I would aim for, for most fodder content including, but not limited to, Salvage/Dynamis/Limbus/solo merits/capacity points.

ItemSet 326314

24% haste
36% Critical Hit Rate(assuming capped dDEX)
21% Triple Attack Rate(with merits)

The Cap has 2% haste and +8 DEX on it, which I use for Evisceration as well.

I thought for TP phase nothing beats Thaumas (which almost everyone should have by now). I thought Plun body +1 was just a ws peice that I usually use for my RS set.
By Vavaud 2014-07-29 16:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're a completionist looking for all of the steal gear, don't forget these two pieces:

From what I hear, it's incredibly rare (though I've heard of some people going 1/1, myself included so who knows), don't forget this:

Bartholomew's Knife

Also, there's the JSE ring, latent at < 75% HP and < 1000 TP:

Rogue's Ring
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-07-29 16:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Motenten said: »
Need +5 TH from gear to reach the cap (8). +3 from Plunderer+1 hands, +1 from Chaac Belt, +1 from AF3+2 feet. Or, if you're missing one of those (or only have the NQ hands), the JSE dagger.

Or, don't kill me... naked except for Thief's Knife, Plunderer+1 hands, and Chaac Belt. :)

Point being, lots of ways to cap TH now at the max TH8 from gear. Ideally if you care about maximizing damage and just sticking the max from gear, just macro in hands/belt/feet to tag the mob with TH8 and then swap back to normal DD gear. I find it's pretty nice to just stick those TH pieces on an otherwise frequently used macro (say, Box Step for /DNC farming).

If you want to milk a mob for TH increases (caps at TH12 now), you'll actually want to melee in TH+5 in gear.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-07-29 17:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Skadi+1 actually best soloing body.
Thaumas still totally respectable, very slightly behind it.

That build was specifically for critting, not actually recommending it's use. At least not something I would recommend, but as I always say, any set you can put together is really only going to be a minor advantage/disadvantage, it's not a significant dps loss to use that set over the best set.

Plunderer in a party scenario is best in slot over skadi, Ilvlgarbage making the biggest difference, and DW+ doing nothing when you have haste/marches (from ulmia or an actual party member).
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 262 263 264