First Page 2 3 ... 172 173 174 ... 262 263 264
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-30 13:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Silentnights said: »
Anyone have an updated evasion set, dt set and a hybrid between dt and eva for thf?

Same question, with a good answer, one page back.

Correction, 2 pages back, because yay me claiming the new page.
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Asura.Haymitch said: »
Hello. Im currently working on THF. so far, I can't find updated gear sets for Evasion, PDT, MDT, and DT hybrid. if anyone don't mind to share theirs with me. thank you!
Here are my sets:

sets.defense.Acc = {ring1="Moonlight Ring",ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1",
head=PDThead,neck="Loricate Torque +1",ear1="Sherida Earring",ear2="Telos Earring",
body="Pillager's Vest +3",hands=TPhands,
back=STPback,waist="Reiki Yotai",legs="Mummu Kecks +2",feet=DTfeet,ring2="Moonlight Ring"}

sets.defense.PDT = {ring1="Moonlight Ring",ammo="Inlamvuyeso",
head=PDThead,neck="Loricate Torque +1",ear1="Genmei Earring",ear2="Odnowa Earring +1",
body="Pillager's Vest +3",hands=DThands,
back="Moonlight Cape",waist="Flume Belt +1",legs="Mummu Kecks +2",feet=DTfeet,ring2="Moonlight Ring"}

sets.defense.Eva = {ammo="Yamarang",
head="Turms cap +1",neck="Warder's Charm +1",ear1="Sanare Earring",ear2="Eabani Earring",
body="Turms harness +1",hands="Turms Mittens +1",ring1="Purity Ring",ring2="Defending Ring",
back=FCback,waist="Engraved Belt",legs="Turms Subligar +1",feet="Turms Leggings +1"}

sets.defense.MDT = {ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1",
head="Turms Cap +1",neck="Warder's Charm +1",ear1="Sanare Earring",ear2="Odnowa Earring +1",
body="Turms Harness +1",hands="Turms Mittens +1",ring1="Moonlight Ring",ring2="Purity Ring",
back="Moonlight Cape",waist="Engraved Belt",legs="Mummu Kecks +2",feet="Turms leggings +1"}

PDThead = Adhemar bonnet+1 path D
DT hands/feet are augmented herc

First set is a PDT set with accuracy for an "oshit I'm taking hits but can't stop dealing damage" and 3rd set is a Meva set, 2nd and 4th are max PDT/MDT sets respectively.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-08-31 00:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
I expect Dex+25 based on the drk neck shown. And then either stp or triple attack in slot two. Slot three probably crit hit damage or something useful but not as useful as we would like. Got my neck already, kinda dreading augments making su5 dagger best offhand.
I expect Triple Attack Damage+

The neck already has that though, I don't foresee them duplicating a stat. Which is why I think it'll be TA rate or STP.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-07 15:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

My non RMEA THF (Skinflayer, D+12) just hit a 58,500 SA AC Rudra's on Glassy Craver. Does it take extra piercing damage?

Yeah, I break 80k on it regularly.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-07 15:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Best in slot gear and frailty.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-07 15:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Multi does basically nothing for Rudra, AC adds Around 1k damage to Rudra. or ~2% ish

LoH spends billions on THF, it really is just the best set. Real daggers make a (large) difference.
By Boshi 2018-09-07 16:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Assassin's was only really good for MercyStroke, Extenterator & Evisceration; and on evis any merits past the first don't do anything.

Ambush adds 1% ta from behind to relic body for every merit. I would go 5/5 ambush and feint unless you have some gimmick you want aura steal for.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-07 16:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I always have one in aura steal just for the dispel. But I put the rest in those two.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-08 17:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The offhand dagger will not have the skill. You can checkparam yourself to confirm.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-09-08 17:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

you'll still be item level 119 in regards to magic ws damage if that's what you're asking
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-09-08 20:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

My non RMEA THF (Skinflayer, D+12) just hit a 58,500 SA AC Rudra's on Glassy Craver. Does it take extra piercing damage?

Yeah, I break 80k on it regularly.

lolol I love fighting that thing. I particularly enjoy using Larceny to steal it's Mighty Strikes >:D

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-09-09 16:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

yes. the skill on the weapon only applies to that weapon

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-09 17:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

it's not usable for anything that isn't erinys (or the random weird things you fight like that)

*it might still be (best?) for AE cleaving abyssea, idk

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-09-09 17:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

it does unless all you're doing is AE on stuff or using wings to SA/TA Rudra's
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-09 18:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I see more and more people offhanding it and talked to one guy that swore by it. He was not poorly geared by any means. I thought it was odd and that the lack of ilvl would cause issues.

No matter how well geared you think they are, doesn't make them good/correct/knowledgable
[+]
By Nariont 2018-09-09 18:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

can only guess its people who see it "working" on trash and/or seeing higher rudras and the like, and neglecting how it hurts their tp gain/white dmg
[+]
By Afania 2018-09-09 18:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm quite certain it's the best offhand for dagger jobs with SV madrigal in zergs. I was playing with dnc spreadsheet the other day and the absolute highest dps I've observed (6.8k ish) was done with tp bonus offhand if ws set to rudra, with sp active.

For zerg like teles, our acc is usually wayyyy overcapped with sv, that acc from ilv doesnt matter. Its possible to reach 1800 acc with buffs when NM only has 1500ish acc requirement. and Im not seeing how extra white dmg beats 1000 tp bonus, personally.

Things may change after update with even better ilv offhand options, such as follow up attack su5. Until then I'd trust what spreadsheet says.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-09 18:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
I'm quite certain it's the best offhand for dagger jobs with SV madrigal in zergs. I was playing with dnc spreadsheet the other day and the absolute highest dps I've observed (6.8k ish) was done with tp bonus offhand if ws set to rudra, with sp active.

For zerg like teles, our acc is usually wayyyy overcapped with sv, that acc from ilv doesnt matter. Its possible to reach 1800 acc with buffs when NM only has 1500ish acc requirement. and Im not seeing how extra white dmg beats 1000 tp bonus, personally.

Things may change after update with even better ilv offhand options, such as follow up attack su5. Until then I'd trust what spreadsheet says.

I like how in your scenario you think, "we can use weird *** weapons" instead of, "maybe we don't need all these accuracy buffs".
By Afania 2018-09-09 19:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

I like how in your scenario you think, "we can use weird *** weapons" instead of, "maybe we don't need all these accuracy buffs".

Why would you not to? teles is a 2 min fight and you are using bolster to cap attack to begin with. So you are not wasting time on sp at all. If you are burning sp on one job, may as well burn sp on all jobs. No reason not to use them.

And it's not like brd has other songs to sing if attack is capped too. So you sacrifice nothing to buff more acc.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2018-09-09 22:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Etudes are often overlooked when you don't need the accuracy from Madrigal. In the situation you're describing having +84 STR or DEX for every DD is probably better than using TP bonus dagger on 1 DD.
By Afania 2018-09-09 22:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
Etudes are often overlooked when you don't need the accuracy from Madrigal. In the situation you're describing having +84 STR or DEX for every DD is probably better than using TP bonus dagger on 1 DD.

1) afaik normal zergs you should have 1 song slot for etude, not 0.

2) in that specific situations that I described(teles zerg), its normal to use multiple piercing DD like thf or dnc in entire alliance, AND DD brd/nin.

So it's actually up to 6 people (4 THF DNC and 2 BRD) that can take advantage of tp bonus offhand in an alliance.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2018-09-09 22:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, if you want to get super technical to try and prove yourself right, 50 DEX from Twash offhand and 84 DEX from SV Etudes will beat offhand TP bonus dagger for every job you listed anyways.

I mean, your argument hinges on having 2 SV mads to have enough acc to allow you to use a non-ilvl weapon in the first place. All I am saying is if you swap those mads to Etudes, you'll still be fine for accuracy and deal more damage overall.
By Afania 2018-09-09 23:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
Well, if you want to get super technical to try and prove yourself right, 50 DEX from Twash offhand and 84 DEX from SV Etudes will beat offhand TP bonus dagger for every job you listed anyways.

I mean, your argument hinges on having 2 SV mads to have enough acc to allow you to use a non-ilvl weapon in the first place. All I am saying is if you swap those mads to Etudes, you'll still be fine for accuracy and deal more damage overall.

Very convenient to use "try to prove yourself right" in an argument and shut down others point isn't it? But I personally still don't agree because you aren't considering entire alliance dps.

I just tried dnc spreadsheet again. (Sorry, I don't have thf ones, just dnc), used same set as dnc guide.
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Dancer!_A_Community_Collaborative_Guide

Stats: capped attack, acc, dnc/Sam, 52 stp Sam roll, flourish III: climatic, grand pas on.

Songs: marchx2 mad x2 etude x1(+48 DEX)
Offhand twashtar: 6332 dps
Offhand tp bonus: 7044 dps

Songs: march x2 mad x1 etude x2(+84 dex)
Offhand Twashtar: 6641 dps.

So double etude doesn't seem like beating single etude and none ilv offhand.

I'll check none sp in a bit.

Using double madrigal isn't only benefiting brd thf dnc, but also DD cor. In general, My lowest tp set + stp food put me on 1600 on teles, losing 1 madrigal means I would lose a few hundred dps on cor using acc swaps too.

Personally, not seeing etude out weight madrigal no matter how I see it.
First Page 2 3 ... 172 173 174 ... 262 263 264