For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 145 146 147 ... 262 263 264
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-10-19 00:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

For non RMEA offhands I'd say a capped Taming Sari is really good but it can be edged out by a Skinflayer with really awesome augments. That said, Twashtar might be easier to obtain than a capped Taming Sari.
 Asura.Cicion
Server: Asura
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2016-10-19 00:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Twash or perf taming i think are best offhands. I like shijo for erinys.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-10-19 01:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
For non RMEA offhands I'd say a capped Taming Sari is really good but it can be edged out by a Skinflayer with really awesome augments. That said, Twashtar might be easier to obtain than a capped Taming Sari.

I finished my Twashtar before I got a capped Taming so...lol
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2016-10-19 01:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably another dumb question but do the elemental gorgets surpass the 300% tp cap or does it still cap at only 300% tp? Currently using Fotia Gorget and Fotia Belt for WS build. Seems to work wonders for Rudra's but notice no one uses them so probably not as good as I believe it to be.

Verda said: »
Call me crazy but I feel Mandau is a in a fine place for its cost/time investment vs the other 3 ultimate daggers, it's the cheapest and performs on the whole the worst, makes sense to me. And no, Aeonic isn't free it's either a lot of work or a 400m merc.

Asura.Kiyarasubrosa said: »
What is the best offhand for thf for end game?
Twashtar hands down. Jugo was good when it was released but there's other non RMEA options that supercede it now in dps. This has been checked by multiple people on the THF spreadsheets. I made a post earlier on offhands on this very page.

Also, Adhemar head vs Lilitu Headpiece for stacked WS?
Lilitu isn't that great definitely Adhemar.

Lastly, Ambuscade Legs +1 vs Lustario Legs? Here is WS build for reference:
Lustratio +1 > Very well Augmented Herc > NQ Lustratio >>> Ambu legs, the triple attack won't help much at all for stacked ws.

Not seeing that spreadsheet. Any link would be good or which page it is on.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-10-19 05:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Fenrir.Snaps said: »

Not sure if this is deliberate or not but you can offhand Fusetto and still get the bonus.

Going to take a wild guess and say it's the way itemsets work. They often flip weapons around.
LadyofHonor is 100% right. Ofcourse its in my offhand lol
By Boshi 2016-10-19 10:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

fotia neck/waist aren't very good for Rudra. What you want is Caro necklace for neck, then depending on attack grunfeld rope or wanion belt for waist. (all 3 of which are practically free and easy to farm)

Now for the anal OCD set of the month:
THF/DNC Waltz
ItemSet 347016
Hands Feet waltz+11, back chr2030 eva20 waltz10, anwig waltz recast -2

Waltz pot +46%, waltz recieved +16%, delay -2
[+]
By Calinari 2016-10-19 10:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't think slither+1 > herc hands?

Either you edited the augs in, or i missed them, nvm.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Pancakesandsx 2016-10-19 17:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alucardr said: »
So best for rudra's ws is wsd instead of crit rate and storetp instead of da for tp?
While rules of thumb are good and all, amounts will still matter. I'd take 100% DA over 1 STP, I'm sure you would too. You really need to spreadsheet to know where the lines fall to be honest as it changes depending on the rest of your gear. Ambu cape for THF it's safe to bet on both of those being true yes, though crit dmg isn't an aug.

Do you have an up to date spreadsheet for thief? Just talking calculations not gear. I've been looking for one forever.
By Verda 2016-10-19 17:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Pancakesandsx said: »
Asura.Alucardr said: »
So best for rudra's ws is wsd instead of crit rate and storetp instead of da for tp?
While rules of thumb are good and all, amounts will still matter. I'd take 100% DA over 1 STP, I'm sure you would too. You really need to spreadsheet to know where the lines fall to be honest as it changes depending on the rest of your gear. Ambu cape for THF it's safe to bet on both of those being true yes, though crit dmg isn't an aug.

Do you have an up to date spreadsheet for thief? Just talking calculations not gear. I've been looking for one forever.

Working on reupdating it but I have posted links to it every time I do. Can save you some backreading: http://www.mediafire.com/file/0r3vet4ta25qg23/DPS+Calculator+-+Thf+general-custom2.xlsx That's mmm 5+ months old now.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-10-19 17:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Calinari said: »

No, because they're worse in every way.
[+]
By Verda 2016-10-19 17:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

How much HP does that set waltz you for btw? I have a thrown together waltz set for thf with about half that gear that does about 650 HP in escha which I've found extremely useful, though I'm not really capped on all the stat vorseals either.
By Calinari 2016-10-19 19:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »

No, because they're worse in every way.

I didnt know the augs on the herc. 11% waltz is obviously better than 5....
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2016-10-19 20:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok. May I ask why Gorgets aren't good for thf? I asked the following question earlier:

"Probably another dumb question but do the elemental gorgets surpass the 300% tp cap or does it still cap at only 300% tp? Currently using Fotia Gorget and Fotia Belt for WS build. Seems to work wonders for Rudra's but notice no one uses them so probably not as good as I believe it to be."

Please explain the reason why gorgets aren't good. I figure extra tp modifier would boost the dmg of WS such as Mandalic Stab and Rudra's Storm cause their damage if heavily modified by their TP amount or is this incorrect? I'm assuming 300% is the cap on TP? (i.e. gorget and belt don't push to cap to 360% tp in theory with 300% tp WS). Any information is appreciated.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-10-19 20:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Very napkin-y, and ignoring offhand, but Fotia isn't a TP bonus like moonshade, it's a flat .1 fTP (bit, less) increase. So instead of 5.0 you're looking at 5.1 fTP with a gorget, 5.2 with both. When moonshade is ~6.25.
[+]
By Ulthakptah 2016-10-19 21:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The fortia gorget and belt work the same way as the old ones they just work for all ws. The way they work is increasing what we call the ftp of the weapon skill by 0.1 each. I don't think the JP players or devs call it that. Anyway Rudra storm at 3k for example is an ftp of 13. That means the belt and gorget would increase the ftp to 13.2 or an increase in damage of 1.5%. While on the opposite end of the spectrum Exenterator with an ftp of 1 would be 1.2 for an increase in damage of 20%.
[+]
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2016-10-19 21:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgot about Moonshade Earring. So the +250 TP is actually additive to the total TP? i.e. @300% TP would actually be @325% tp? So 300% tp cap can be broken? Just want to make sure I'm reading this correctly.

Ulthakptah said: »
The fortia gorget and belt work the same way as the old ones they just work for all ws. The way they work is increasing what we call the ftp of the weapon skill by 0.1 each. I don't think the JP players or devs call it that. Anyway Rudra storm at 3k for example is an ftp of 13. That means the belt and gorget would increase the ftp to 13.2 or an increase in damage of 1.5%. While on the opposite end of the spectrum Exenterator with an ftp of 1 would be 1.2 for an increase in damage of 20%.

Ok. So larger TP modifier based WS suffer from the fotia gorget/belts. I understand now. Yeah, that definitely is pretty lackluster. I'll have to find other options then. Thanks for clearing that up.
By Ulthakptah 2016-10-19 21:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

3k tp can not be broken, moonshade does nothing for you at 3k tp which sucks for putting up aftermath.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-10-19 21:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

TP would actually be @325% tp? So 300% tp cap can be broken? Just want to make sure I'm reading this correctly.
No, cap is still 3K. You'll want to use a different earring than moonshade when you approach 3K

ItemSet 347022

So instead of Moonshade I'd use the DEX earring off sovereign when I got close to 2600 TP
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2016-10-19 21:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ishvara was definitely one earring I have been eyeballing. As for the second, not sure. Using Mache atm which seems ok. Also, Lustario +1 is not an option for me. Not going to spend 50 million gil for 1 piece of gear. My only options are Ambuscade +1, Herculean, Lustario NQ and Adhemar NQ. Doing things on the reasonable.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-10-19 21:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ishvara was definitely one earring I have been eyeballing. As for the second, not sure. Using Mache atm which seems ok. Also, Lustario +1 is not an option for me. Not going to spend 50 million gil for 1 piece of gear. My only options are Ambuscade +1, Herculean, Lustario NQ and Adhemar NQ. Doing things on the reasonable.

You spent 100mil for a dagger that's absolutely replaced but you won't spend 50mil for the absolute best in slot WS piece that we'll likely ever get?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-10-19 21:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Can use NQ too. Adhemar head if stacking with SA or TA.
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2016-10-19 21:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You spent 100mil for a dagger that's absolutely replaced but you won't spend 50mil for the absolute best in slot WS piece that we'll likely ever get?

I did Mandau as a matter of sentimental value. By the time I finished the dagger, it was too late anyways. I was already that far. I might as well finish it. I won't do it again. Farming 250 million gil for armor drops is just a bit draining to me. I don't have the energy to do like I did before so I'll settle for 2nd best. Also, I don't have the luxury to have a build for every single WS or tp situation. Space issues.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Calinari 2016-10-19 21:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It's one thing to pay for a relic (in this case) that's still "usable" it's another thing to pay 50m 100m for gear that is 100% replaced... like your Lustratio Body+1 that was how many mil that's totally useless? That kinda ***sucks.
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2016-10-19 21:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It's one thing to pay for a relic (in this case) that's still "usable" it's another thing to pay 50m 100m for gear that is 100% replaced... like your Lustratio Body+1 that was how many mil that's totally useless? That kinda ***sucks.

Definitely my thought process. Also, no rush to be number 1 in slot everything. I'm a damn fine thief and no gear can put a price tag on that. I choose to do things at my pace. Just because I don't use best in slot for everything doesn't make me a bad player.

What's next? I should start over and change my race to Mithra for that extra 4-5 DEX at the end of the road to build a "proper" thief? >.>
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-10-19 21:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know why anyone would have made a Lustratio+1 body. I do have the old Heca+1 body sitting on my porter moogle, though.

Lustratio legs are PERFECTLY itemized for THF WS's. There's a 99.9999% chance they never get replaced ever until FFXI servers are shut off.
By Calinari 2016-10-19 21:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean like, for THF that (currently) doesn't get used for ANYTHING (aside from one mob, in escha) it's kinda moot to bother getting +1 gear that WILL get replaced for CERTAIN. It's merely a matter of time.

Next months going to be (possibly) not pahaluwan* Denali** and it's going to have some epic ***on it for thf. (maybe!!!)
By Verda 2016-10-19 21:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we be nice to each other, thick as thieves and all that :<
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-10-19 21:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Where are you getting the idea that THF isn't used for anything? More than viable on multiple HELM fights and whatever lower content you'd like.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 145 146 147 ... 262 263 264