For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 101 102 103 ... 262 263 264
 Shiva.Ariaum
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2015-03-27 05:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Relic can't proc on ws, and vajra doesn't work stacked SA and TA, you just get one bouns. I"d also be shocked if it worked off hand.
 Ragnarok.Punisha
Server: Ragnarok
user: Altwight
By Ragnarok.Punisha 2015-03-27 10:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Vajra is the best mainhand hands down yea?

also: is rudra still the best WS to use without SA or TA?
 Leviathan.Hyriu
Server: Leviathan
user: Hyriu
By Leviathan.Hyriu 2015-03-27 12:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

yes

and no, if I had to take a wild guess, Evisc is probably the best unstacked WS atm?
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2015-03-27 16:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Of AF2 and AF, what is absolutely necessary to upgrade? Talking TP set. Rudra. Mercy Stroke. Evis.

Thanks ahead of time.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-03-27 17:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless there were other new armors added that replace them, I'd say the most valuable pieces are AF head/hands/legs, and relic body. These pieces are pretty much ideal for Sneak/Trick WSs (just Trick for AF hands) as they have the highest balanace of DEX and crit damage.

Evisceration seems to be back as the preferred 1000% unstacked WS, though Vajra Mandalic Stabs can pull ahead depending on the enemy and buffs. Haven't done much on THF since the update, been focusing on RUN stuff.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2015-03-27 17:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Stacked Shark Bite still out DDs stacked Evis for me, but I'm certainly not anywhere near optimally geared.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-27 17:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Stacked Shark Bite still out DDs stacked Evis for me, but I'm certainly not anywhere near optimally geared.

Stacking SA or TA with evisceration has very few advantages, as SA/TA just apply to first hit, and for evis, the first hit is already the most likely to crit (its affected by extra crit rate from tp bonus).
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2015-03-27 17:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I misread him, actually. I thought he said Evis was the preferred stacked WS.
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Asura
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-03-27 17:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Still can't work out what's best unstacked personally, only been using Rudra's and Evisceration but they seem very similar, in which case I'd edge towards Evisceration because it can crit.

But then I've only been eye-balling.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-27 17:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hyriu said: »
yes

and no, if I had to take a wild guess, Evisc is probably the best unstacked WS atm?

Gonna try answering this, correct if i do some wrong step.

Suposing ws at 1000 (higher than 1000 it will favor rudras anyway). Rudra with moonshade, evis with gorget/belt. Adopting BG models for evis. Izhiikoh mainhand, total dex in gear estimated to be 300. Att/acc capped.

Rudra:
D= (108+19+0,8*300)*(5+1,47+1)*2,25 = 6168

Evis minimum (no crit or multi attack hits):
Dmin= (108+19+0,5*300)*(1,25+0,2)*(5+1)*2,25 = 5422

Stopping here, we could say that a weak evis will be short bellow a rudra at 1000 tp. Now suposing first hit to crit (supose total of 25% crit dmg):
D1crit= (108+19+0,5*300)*(1,25+0,2)*(5)*2,25 + (108+19+0,5*300)*(1,25+0,2)*3,25*1,25 = 6150

So, with just one crit, you have evis tied to rudra. Given that we have 6 possible hits to crit, plus a chance of multi hit, overall evis will be stronger than rudras if you have at least higher than 17% of crit rate+da/ta/qa in ws set (because it means at least one crit or multi attack will happen after all 6 hits).

Now some things to consider when choosing what ws to use at 1000 tp. First, as you have 6 chance to crit or multi hit, increasing your total dmg above rudra, you also have 6 chances to miss a hit, so evis can whiter when fighting a high lv mob with high evasion. Rudra can also miss, and with worse result than missing an evis, but eyeballing i think rudra has some acc bonus, though i cant prove it because i never tested it.
Second, consider evis has gravitation/transifixion while rudra is darkness/distortion, that means, rudra has 2 chances to create lv3 skillchain, the strongest, so in a party situation, overall dmg can be lower due to loss of double darkness possibility.
Finally, third, i would strongly advise someone to recheck if BG info about ftp transfering to all hits in evis to be true. The references there do not apoint that testing, and one cant take blindly the info in BG without appropriate references. I say that because I tested Chant du Cygne, and personally i didnt see the final output like it would be supose to be if BG info was correct (ftp 2,25 transfering across all hits).
 Siren.Kiyara
Server: Siren
user: Kiyara
By Siren.Kiyara 2015-03-27 23:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Ariaum said: »
Relic can't proc on ws, and vajra doesn't work stacked SA and TA, you just get one bouns. I"d also be shocked if it worked off hand.

Not 100% sure if that is true. I swear Relic can proc 3x dmg on WS. I've seen spikes to my WS dmg with mercy stroke where it just blows up 2-3 times normal dmg which looks like a triple dmg proc. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, does Vajra work in the offhand with the SA/TA +30% dmg bonus or is it mainhand only? Does the SA and TA bonus stack for 30% on each when doing them in conjunction or with SATAWS? Any thfs out there with both Mandau and Vajra to test this or can confirm if so or not?

If it works in the offhand, I figure that combo would be the most lethal in terms of dmg. Any information would be helpful. Thank you.
 Leviathan.Hyriu
Server: Leviathan
user: Hyriu
By Leviathan.Hyriu 2015-03-27 23:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

No, Ariaum is right, you the 2.5/3.0x dmg multiplier can only occur on attacks and not WSs.

I am not absolutely sure about this but since Mandau bonuses do not carry to offhand(+40ATK), I don't see why Vajra's would.
By crebian 2015-03-28 11:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

With the nerf to rudras is str/dex7 or dex10 or ws+3% the best option right now for ws
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2015-03-28 21:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

What would be the most effective way to get Rudra's storm? Residue and Die are stupidly expensive for needing 100/each. Farming seems slow and ineffective. Cleared 7 WoE solo, didn't get anything but a coin.
 Fenrir.Magicstick
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Magicstick 2015-03-28 22:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fiv said: »
Ragnarok.Punisha said: »
I like the ACC
It only has Dagger Skill +228, less accuracy then you think.
Actually if you look at your dagger skill it caps out at 440, so the +Acc on this dagger is actually better than + Dagger Skill if you are already at the 440 Dagger Skill cap. I might be wrong...?
 Ragnarok.Punisha
Server: Ragnarok
user: Altwight
By Ragnarok.Punisha 2015-03-28 23:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Magicstick said: »
I like the ACC
Actually if you look at your dagger skill it caps out at 440, so the +Acc on this dagger is actually better than + Dagger Skill if you are already at the 440 Dagger Skill cap. I might be wrong...?

No i see what everyone else was saying. If you /checkparam <me> you have primary and auxillary stats. The auxilllary stats are your offhand stats. So with a +dagger skill lower than 242 in your offhand you can see a significant accuracy/attack loss in your offhand.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-29 04:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
What would be the most effective way to get Rudra's storm? Residue and Die are stupidly expensive for needing 100/each. Farming seems slow and ineffective. Cleared 7 WoE solo, didn't get anything but a coin.

Dynamis...

To make cash to buy the items, its not that expensive. Looking odin prices, its about 2 m, its a bit higher than when woe campaign was active, but surely cheaper than it was in the first, when each item costed 30-40k.

Another alternative is using mules and login points. You can have, per mule, a total of 4 sacks of die or 2 sacks of residue. Depending how many mules you have, you can even bank an empy ws.
 Fenrir.Magicstick
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Magicstick 2015-03-29 04:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Magicstick said: »
I like the ACC

No i see what everyone else was saying. If you /checkparam <me> you have primary and auxillary stats. The auxilllary stats are your offhand stats. So with a +dagger skill lower than 242 in your offhand you can see a significant accuracy/attack loss in your offhand.

Well its not about the + Dagger skill because if your main had caps your dagger skill at 440 then your off hand +dagger skill will not do anything... But if your off hand has +Acc it will add it to your Acc for both hands. Or at least thats what it seems like to me when I /checkparam...
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-03-29 04:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no 440 skill cap. The dagger skill on ilvl weapons simply doesn't apply to the combat skill menu.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-29 09:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The cap of dagger skill is just a limit to player growth.

According to BG, each 1 skill = 0,9 acc and 1 att, so 228 daggerskill +27 = 232 extra acc, while 242 daggerskill = 217 extra acc.

The +dagger skill doesnt show on menu because the problems with dual wield jobs. If they could be displayed, you could stack them, and that would give too much advantage to dual wield jobs compared to 1 handers, so the system hide that stat. What doesnt happen with skill like parry and eva, that are showed in menu. Dagger skill from gear, that affect both hands do display in menu also.
 Lakshmi.Leaucant
Server: Lakshmi
user: Leaucant
By Lakshmi.Leaucant 2015-03-29 19:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

just curious if someone can post some current tp sets for high acc and normal tp sets also if possible i could see what to shoot for as far as rudras and evisceration sorry for noob questions but somehow i got mixed up and now i cant figure out my *** from my brains thank you in advance.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-03-29 19:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I know I'm beating a dead horse on this, but you do realize that one of the primary functions of ffxiah.com is to look up gear, right?
By Pantafernando 2015-03-29 19:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldnt say the best acc set as its pretty much just a bunch of high acc pieces coupled, but here is the max acc I found:

ItemSet 334147

All taeon are DEX +10 and acc +25.

"Normal" set, i would just change the accessories for the normal ones like canny cape, eponas/rajas, tripudio/brutal or steelflash/bladeborn, windbuffet+1, ocachi or asperity for neck. Taeon still with dex+10 and just using acc/att +20 instead acc+25. With 20 acc, it should cover for the entire range of mid acc sets.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Leaucant
user: Leaucant
By Lakshmi.Leaucant 2015-03-29 23:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

i do appreciate the comments and yes i know thats a primary function of the site but like alot of others i'm not always able to figure out best in slot just by looking at the gear i do try and i very rarely just copy whats being shown and ive read everything on TA crit DEX and AGL STR and how its modified but sometimes its easier to check others and how other do it to see if im still on the right track again sorry for the lame questions and thank you for any helpful responses i would like to think im not the only knob looking for a cheat sheet on whats best in slot ^.^
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-03-30 11:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

As pointed by Panta already, since when does fTP transfer to all hits of Evisceration? I don't recall seeing this info being discussed earlier in this thread.
 Lakshmi.Nebo
user: NeboJones
By Lakshmi.Nebo 2015-03-30 11:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said: »
As pointed by Panta already, since when does fTP transfer to all hits of Evisceration? I don't recall seeing this info being discussed earlier in this thread.

Since the one handed WS buff update.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-03-30 12:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Possibly buried somewhere but I didn't find it:

What augments on Ipetam make it actually worth using for a non-Vajra THF? Currently Izhi/Jugo+1.

Seems like tossing a bunch of gil at dusk stones to get perfect augments wouldn't really result in much overall change to DPS, so I'm reluctant to do it. But perhaps I'm wrong.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-03-30 12:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Possibly buried somewhere but I didn't find it:

What augments on Ipetam make it actually worth using for a non-Vajra THF? Currently Izhi/Jugo+1.

Seems like tossing a bunch of gil at dusk stones to get perfect augments wouldn't really result in much overall change to DPS, so I'm reluctant to do it. But perhaps I'm wrong.

Certainly DMG+ 15/16. Other great augments would be the DA (up to +6% iirc) and Crit hit or WS Dmg (up to +5% iirc).
First Page 2 3 ... 101 102 103 ... 262 263 264