On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 17 18 19
 Asura.Wyattdoc
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: wyattdoc1
By Asura.Wyattdoc 2014-03-10 07:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a up to date spell cast im not very good at adjusting with the gear lol .
 Leviathan.Fosco
Server: Leviathan
user: Fosco
By Leviathan.Fosco 2014-03-11 08:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Daffel said: »
Leviathan.Fosco said: »
Phoenix.Hellcatt said: »
Is there any pieces of relic or af +2 thats worth doing for whm?
Get the legs, without question.
Body if you use Regen.

The 109/119 AF/relic head pieces have cure casting time on them.

Are we not going to talk about the hands? Theophany mitts +1, if you are already capped cure potency are stunning healing hands. Hard to make up 17 healing magic skill (excluding body) in multiple other slots. Should get them made first.

If you use and have a regen set like me, you will want to upgrade the AF legs also. So empy hands/relic body/AF reforged legs for max regens.

The main reason to upgrade relic body though is on the off chance the +1 gets +3/tick refresh. Making it the only 3tick refresh body for WHM.
You're right.
I actually have the AF legs upgraded, so I don't know why I didn't include them. XD
[+]
 Asura.Kharlan
user: Kharlan
By Asura.Kharlan 2014-03-12 22:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got back for the first time in like, 8 months.

What's an Optimal Curing set looking like nowadays? All this Item Level gear has confused me lol.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-03-12 23:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically, you still want to cap cure potency, mix in a moderate amount of mnd, healing skill and -enm. If you can, use a high amount of -cure casting time in your preset gear set.

Oh, and you should still cure in AF3+2 body with solace up.

Hope that helps.
 Asura.Kharlan
By Asura.Kharlan 2014-03-13 02:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
So basically, you still want to cap cure potency, mix in a moderate amount of mnd, healing skill and -enm. If you can, use a high amount of -cure casting time in your preset gear set.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the quick reply!

So same as usual, pretty much? Good to hear. I was getting a little confused as to where the Sparks of Eminence and Reforged gear fits into the puzzle.

Here's where I left off:
ItemSet 294194

If anyone would be able to offer some advice as to where I should begin advancing my set, it'd be appreciated. I believe I was looking to get Bokwus Gloves to cap my Potency, but never really got into Delve before quitting. I'm lacking pretty hard at Earring#2 and Belt, and need to finish off my +2 Head.
 Ragnarok.Daffel
Server: Ragnarok
user: daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2014-03-13 04:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 252144

Here is my healing set at the moment far from ideal but my plan is to +1 the reforged hands. Get the WHM skirmish head and aug it (this will allow me to drop some cure pot gear in exchange for skill+ and -emn gear) and finally pick up a pair of Litany clogs. The Genbu's Shield has +3 macc +4% cure pot and -7% casting time.

Can never remember the name of the bloody Skirmish gear >.<
 Ragnarok.Daffel
user: daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2014-03-13 04:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kharlan said: »
Bismarck.Ihina said: »

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the quick reply!

So same as usual, pretty much? Good to hear. I was getting a little confused as to where the Sparks of Eminence and Reforged gear fits into the puzzle.

Here's where I left off:
ItemSet 294194

If anyone would be able to offer some advice as to where I should begin advancing my set, it'd be appreciated. I believe I was looking to get Bokwus Gloves to cap my Potency, but never really got into Delve before quitting. I'm lacking pretty hard at Earring#2 and Belt, and need to finish off my +2 Head.

Seems you are not capped cure potency yet, the +13% hands will be better for you until you are. Sorry I can't remember any names, I have got back after a break also. When you are capped without a hand slot, can swap back to healers mitts or ideally theophany mitts/+1. =)

Edit: Helps if I read the comments I quote and not just glance them. Bokwus gloves would be ideal and delve is far more accessible these days. They are also relatively free.

If you have the gil, roundel earring and litany clogs are an easy 9% cure pot with a range of other benefits that trump gifted/orvail every day of the week. That would be about a 6-7mil drop though, not everyone is prepared to spend that sort of gil on WHM. Neither are 100% necessary either (as there is so much cure pot% for WHM these days, can cap in a variety of different ways depending on play style)
 Leviathan.Fosco
By Leviathan.Fosco 2014-03-13 08:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Rubeus boots would be a relatively easy (and significant) upgrade from the Orvail.
Also pick up a Beatific Earring if you can.
 Asura.Kharlan
By Asura.Kharlan 2014-03-13 19:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks a lot, everyone! Very helpful.
By Heimdel 2014-03-20 11:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've finally decided to update whm cure set with all the new gear out. I'm looking to get rid of cure clogs and possibly (not sure possible) bokwus gloves while keeping 50/50 pot/cast. This all to increase secondary stats like mnd -enemity skill fastcast/haste and others. I'd also like to stay away from litany clogs if possible though not absolutely if needed. Also have it work with in game macros. My current set has 50/50 with precast heka and ends on single target cures with orson body what is a must. Anyways I made a list of the relevant gear leaving out the few near impossible or unreasonable to get pieces like hex and salvage+1. So there are so many things to choose from now It has given me a headache trying figure in out. So I to thought see if anyone else wants to try. This is the list to work with. Thank you for any help.

Witful belt

Medala Cape Back DEF:9 "Cure" potency +2% "Cure" spellcasting time -5% Enmity-2

ephedra ring

sirona's ring

Fast cast -enemity ring (cant think of name off top of head)

earring moonshade refresh aug

gifted earring

roundel earring (rather not use)

healing torque (alexander version)

Orson neck fastcast

orson earing 2% pot -enemity

Phalaina lockets mnd 3 cure pot 4%

skimish +1 hands haste 1% fastcast 7% auged 7% pot

Aceso's chocker cure cast -10% 3.5 mil

litany clogs cure pot 4% cast time -10% 3.5 mil (would like to not use if possible)

heka body 15/15% (precast in)

skirmish head 10% auged 4% pot. Possible augs cast time 3-5% pot 4-8%

Pahtli cape 8 mnd -8% cast time

gende body 8% pot possible augs cast time 3-5% pot 4-8% (used in curagas)

trial staff 24% pot /refresh grip

club 22% pot mnd

genbu shield 3% pot/7% cast

sors shield 3% pot 5% cast -5 enemity

bokwus gloves 13% pot +mnd aug

Orson legs+2 (must keep)

Piety Cap
DEF:70 HP+17 MP+50
STR+10 DEX+10 VIT+15 AGI+10 INT+14 MND+19 CHR+14
Evasion+16 Magic Evasion+51 "Magic Defense Bonus"+2
Haste+5% Enmity-7
"Cure" spellcasting time -12%

+1 13%

Piety Duckbills
DEF:47 HP+31 MP+37
STR+6 DEX+7 VIT+6 AGI+21 INT+11 MND+12 CHR+21
Evasion+25 Magic Evasion+73 "Magic Defense Bonus"+2
Enhancing Magic skill +15 Enfeebling Magic skill +15
Haste+3% Enmity-4
"Cure" potency +8%

+1 10%

Theophany Cap
DEF:68 HP+17 MP+26 STR+13 DEX+13 VIT+13 AGI+13 INT+17 MND+20 CHR+17
Evasion+16 Magic Evasion+51 "Magic Def. Bonus"+2 Enmity-4 Haste+5%
"Cure" potency +10%
"Cure" spellcasting time -4%

+1 -5%

Theophany Briault
DEF:89 HP+25 MP+49 STR+13 DEX+13 VIT+13 AGI+13 INT+18 MND+18 CHR+18
Enfeebling magic skill+17 Evasion+19 Magic Evasion+54 "Magic Def. Bonus"+3 Enmity-4 Haste+2%
"Cure" potency +6%
Adds "Refresh" effect

+1 7&

Theophany Mitts
DEF:59 HP+10 MP+47 STR+9 DEX+17 VIT+16 AGI+3 INT+12 MND+26 CHR+12
Evasion+10 Magic Evasion+25 "Magic Def. Bonus"+1 Healing magic skill+17 Enmity-4 Haste+3%
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2014-03-20 12:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, these are the sets that I have, avoiding Cureclogs and Litany.
Keep in mind that Light arts is -10% casting time and 5/5 cure casting merits are -20% casting time, I have 5/5 Regen merits instead. :I

Also if you didn't know, WHM gets an ability called Tranquil heart, which surpasses the -50 enmity cap. The cap is currently -25 enmity with 500 healing magic skill, -1% enmity with every +10 healing magic skill. It's good to keep this in mind for your cure sets!
I hope this helped you a bit for possible gear choices, not everything is on your list but maybe you found a piece of gear for you to work towards! If you're curious about other sets; fastcast, enhancing, barspells, enfeebling, cursna, etc, I just updated my page with item sets. ChanWHM-Item sets
 Asura.Melbufrauma
By Asura.Melbufrauma 2014-03-20 13:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Instead of posting each individual set, I figured id just post my GS link and people could browse as they please: http://pastebin.com/ChRywxcq

Hope it helps any aspiring WHMs!

**With my Solace cure sets, Cure3s heal for 487
By Heimdel 2014-03-20 14:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan said: »
Keep in mind that Light arts is -10% casting time and 5/5 cure casting merits are -20% casting time, I have 5/5 Regen merits instead. :I

Also if you didn't know, WHM gets an ability called Tranquil heart, which surpasses the -50 enmity cap. The cap is currently -25 enmity with 500 healing magic skill, -1% enmity with every +10 healing magic skill. It's good to keep this in mind for your cure sets!
I hope this helped you a bit for possible gear choices, not everything is on your list but maybe you found a piece of gear for you to work towards! If you're curious about other sets; fastcast, enhancing, barspells, enfeebling, cursna, etc, I just updated my page with item sets. ChanWHM-Item sets

Does light arts and cure cast merits count as part the 50% cast time cape? All the gear I listed I either have or can get reasonably enough that seemed to pertain to what I'm trying to do. As it is my whm blinks like a xmass tree with all the gear swaps built in for diff spells. I don't use spellcast so limits me there and just means I have to be creative with macro sets and gear swaps from one macro to the next.
By Jurant 2014-03-21 18:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi. I am currently using Mote's WHM Gearswap and it is very impressive indeed. I am just having one slight issue with it, in that It changes out of Regen set befor the spell finishes. Anybody know where I could fix/change that? Thanks.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2014-03-21 22:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Jurant said: »
Hi. I am currently using Mote's WHM Gearswap and it is very impressive indeed. I am just having one slight issue with it, in that It changes out of Regen set befor the spell finishes. Anybody know where I could fix/change that? Thanks.
Are you sure it's actually doing that and not just switching gear too fast to notice? Have you tested it out with & w/o regen+ gear on and checked how long it lasts?
By Jurant 2014-03-21 22:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea If I take out all other hands and body so that it does not change out of cast gear I get 1min 30. If I have other hands, Idle etc I just get 1min 15 duration (I Idle in the legs anyway)
By Heimdel 2014-03-22 13:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

bump so someone can find.
 Leviathan.Fosco
By Leviathan.Fosco 2014-03-31 12:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Goodness.

http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/73993
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-03-31 13:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdel said: »

Does light arts and cure cast merits count as part the 50% cast time cape? All the gear I listed I either have or can get reasonably enough that seemed to pertain to what I'm trying to do. As it is my whm blinks like a xmass tree with all the gear swaps built in for diff spells. I don't use spellcast so limits me there and just means I have to be creative with macro sets and gear swaps from one macro to the next.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/25913/cure-cast-speed-concern-please-assist/

Cast time reduction cap is 80% not 50%

Quote from BG Wiki
Quote:
Potency

Increasing casting potency: Any equipment that has "cure potency" as a stat will directly increase the power of all cure spells cast by the percentage listed. This effect caps at 50%.
Increasing received potency: Any equipment that has "increases potency of cure effect received" or the effect of Healer's Roll will directly increase the power of cure spells received by the percentage listed. This effect caps at 30%.
The casted and received potency caps are separate and multiply with each other for a maximum possible potency multiplier of 1.95 (1.5 x 1.3).

Quote regarding recast and cast time for Fast cast -
Quote:
Reduces both spell casting time, and the recast time.
Recast reduction is half of the cast time reduction, rounded down to the nearest whole percentage.
Casting Time reduction cap is 80%.
Thus, Fast Cast's maximum contribution to recast reduction is 40%.
Percentages listed are the reduction in casting time (see table under References)

Fast cast used to cap at 50% which can be seen on FFXIclopedia which is vastly outdated and I assume the premis for you assumption.
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Fast_Cast
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-03-31 13:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bear in mind to the above post Recast cap is 40% for FAST CAST ONLY, Haste factors in for the spells base recast time and can allow you to obtain 80% recast cap as well.

Gear Haste caps at 25.6% (256/1024) as haste is calculated at 1024 and not 1000 (which causes discrepencies as gear is rounded to show a set % but in actual fact is not a set % its more like 1% can be 1/1024 which is more like 0.1% but the game can not round down on this and simply rounds it up! (not true for every piece but is the basic idea especially for older gears, adoulin gears appear on the whole to be closer to the mark.)

So 80% FC (40% recast) and 25% haste would give you like ~65% on recast timer, Haste spell adds the extra 15% and would cap you.

Not Strictly related to WHM but here's something that may help you understand how haste works.

magic haste cap 43.75% (448/1024)
Gear 25% (256/1024)
JA 25% (256/1024)
Combined cap 80%

Advancing March Base 7% -
Victory March @ 600 skill 128/1024 (12.50%)
Haste Spell 15%

EDIT**
For any WHM looking at Melee and Dual wield and how that ties together ~
Quote:
You then Multiply DW by the haste So..

Assuming you have 30% Dual Wield

Calculated your total Haste delay ~
1024 - gear and magic haste assuming capped would be 256 and 437.5 which leaves you with ~ (330.5/1024) 330.5 is your current delay divided by the total base 1024.

DW for example (1-30%)
0.7 x 0.32 = 0.225

Which is a delay of 22.5% as 0.2 is the absolute cap you don't need a huge amount to cap With DW3 is 25% and 7% from earrings (32) you get to... 0.68 x 0.32 = 0.217
 Leviathan.Fosco
By Leviathan.Fosco 2014-04-07 14:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm dead.

http://bg-wiki.com/bg/Battlecast_Gaiters
 Asura.Kharlan
By Asura.Kharlan 2014-04-08 17:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Ischemia_Chasu.

Quote:
DEF:127 HP+54 MP+59 STR+21 DEX+21 VIT+21 AGI+21 INT+29 MND+29 CHR+29 Accuracy+25 Magic Accuracy+15 Evasion+41 Magic Evasion+80 "Magic Def. Bonus"+6 Enfeebling magic skill +18 Haste+3% "Refresh"+2

Pretty sweet.
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-04-08 17:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't kill them to have kept RDM AF1 lv119 body relevant for a little bit longer.
 Leviathan.Fosco
By Leviathan.Fosco 2014-04-08 18:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Ischemia_Chasu.

Quote:
DEF:127 HP+54 MP+59 STR+21 DEX+21 VIT+21 AGI+21 INT+29 MND+29 CHR+29 Accuracy+25 Magic Accuracy+15 Evasion+41 Magic Evasion+80 "Magic Def. Bonus"+6 Enfeebling magic skill +18 Haste+3% "Refresh"+2

Pretty sweet.
Seriously. You could argue that it is both the best enfeebling body and best weaponskill body for WHM at the moment.
 Asura.Kharlan
By Asura.Kharlan 2014-04-14 12:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally have a good Curing set with capped Potency, looking to work on some other sets now.

Is it worth it to pick up a Wayfarer's (Sparks) set for the Refresh +3 set bonus for an Idle set? Heka's isn't too reasonable IMO with the state of Voidwatch and the drop rate. Wayfarer's Set + Oneiros Grip + Moonshade should make for a half decent total Refresh.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-04-14 12:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally have a good Curing set with capped Potency, looking to work on some other sets now.

Is it worth it to pick up a Wayfarer's (Sparks) set for the Refresh +3 set bonus for an Idle set? Heka's isn't too reasonable IMO with the state of Voidwatch and the drop rate. Wayfarer's Set + Oneiros Grip + Moonshade should make for a half decent total Refresh.

Farm a Hairpin from Abyssea with Refresh +1
AF3+2 Body = 3 tic combined
Serpentes Set +1
Nares Trews +1
Owleyes +1

Long story short, Dont get the wayfarer set.

Oneiros Grip is Good but its only for your base MP and only when below 75% Personally I prefer my Genbu and Owleyes combo (Until I buy the Tree Club)
[+]
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-04-14 12:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You need the entire set for wayfarer, so it's def. not worth it.

The best idle piece is probaby gendewitha body (+1) for it's PDT/MDT along with the refresh.

But I personally stick with heka because wivre hairpin with refresh augment hates me
[+]
 Ragnarok.Cheweh
user: cheweh
By Ragnarok.Cheweh 2014-04-14 12:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

With the new job specific club it would be interesting to see an updated TP set.
 Asura.Kharlan
By Asura.Kharlan 2014-04-14 12:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

Farm a Hairpin from Abyssea with Refresh +1
AF3+2 Body = 3 tic combined
Serpentes Set +1
Nares Trews +1
Owleyes +1

Long story short, Dont get the wayfarer set.

Oneiros Grip is Good but its only for your base MP and only when below 75% Personally I prefer my Genbu and Owleyes combo (Until I buy the Tree Club)

{Understood.} Thank you! Very helpful.

Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
You need the entire set for wayfarer, so it's def. not worth it.

The best idle piece is probaby gendewitha body (+1) for it's PDT/MDT along with the refresh.

But I personally stick with heka because wivre hairpin with refresh augment hates me

Ah Gendewitha is pretty sweet. I'll look into that when I get deeper into Skirmish.
 Shiva.Siral
Server: Shiva
user: Siral
By Shiva.Siral 2014-04-21 23:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks much for your gearsets. For the Precast gear if I don't have torque or backpiece, can I just use pahtli cape instead and wouldn't that make it 70% cure casting+10% from scholar sub?
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 17 18 19