[Dev] Planned Adjustments And Enmity System Explanation

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » [Dev] Planned Adjustments and Enmity System Explanation
[Dev] Planned Adjustments and Enmity System Explanation
First Page 2 ... 12 13 14
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-18 12:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

02-19-2013 06:15 PM
[source]
Akihiko Matsui
Dev Team

Enmity System Explanation and Planned Adjustments

Matsui here. Sorry to keep you all waiting so long.

I'd like to take a moment to explain about the workings of the enmity system, which will include some numbers. Furthermore, I would like to touch on the aspects we are trying to adjust.

Before I get into it, I'd like you all to understand that we will not be revealing all of the formulas and inner workings moving forward. Since we are dealing with the adjustment of the enmity system, which is very large, I feel it necessary to know the fundamentals and where we are coming from, and have decided to make a special exception this time.

Due to this, writing up this post was a bit tricky and there is quite a bit of text. However, in order to deepen the discussion related to enmity, please take a moment and read over the post.

• The Enmity System

• Quantification
      The enmity system is such that a monster will attack the player that is threatening them the most. In order to determine which player is the most threatening, the parameter known as enmity is used to make it possible to measure and compare the amount of threat.

• Purpose
      The enmity system is not in place to make monster AI more intelligent. It's more of a stronger significance for securing battle strategy elements by giving players a means of controlling the monster's target (to some extent).

• Types of Enmity (Classification by the method of enmity decay)
      Depending on the method of decay, enmity in FFXI is separated into two groups and logged.

• Time-volatile Enmity
        Enmity which decays over time.
      • Damage-volatile Enmity
        Enmity which decays when players take damage.

Due to the fact that multiple players are generating enmity against a monster, the work of recording enmity is accomplished by creating a list for the characters. (Though I use the term “enmity list” here, this will not be popping up again in this post.) Based on this list, the monster will target (auto-attack target) the player with the highest value of combined time-volatile enmity and damage-volatile enmity.

• Enmity related data embedded in actions (commands, magic, etc.)

• Classification based on how it influences enmity (direct, indirect, none)
        Ignoring the type of actions that have no influence towards enmity, actions are classified into two groups based on how they influence enmity.

• Direct
          Players perform enmity generating actions towards a monster, and the monster’s enmity for the player increases. This mainly consists of damage and enfeebling type commands.

• Indirect
          A player performs an action towards another player that already has enmity from a monster, and enmity increases towards the player performing the action. This mainly consists of healing and enhancing type commands.

• Classification based on how enmity increases are calculated (fixed, effect dependent)

• Fixed
          A set value is added to time-volatile enmity and damage-volatile enmity when an action is successful. This is applies to enhancements and enfeebles that generally do not have numerical results.

• Effect Dependent
          A set calculation is added to time-volatile enmity and damage-volatile enmity proportional to the amount of damage dealt or the amount of HP healed

• Finally, the formula

• Defining 1 enmity
      When we were revamping the enmity system for FFXIV I explained a bit about this, but we start out by calculating 1 enmity= 1 damage. Also, system-wise enmity will not decay.

For FFXI on the other hand, while there is quite a bit of management work for dividing the enmity system into time-volatile enmity and damage-volatile enmity, since this isn't sufficient for the amount of damage of NM battles and such, we adopted a method of using a formula for scaling effect dependent type enmity to fixed type enmity, as well as the use of a decay system.

With that said, 1 enmity has been set based on the principle that the amount of time-volatile enmity that decays in a single second is equal to 60 (Since the developers first began making the game on PS2, this was adopted due to the fact that the smallest unit of frame rate measurement was 1/60 seconds.). For example (I'm hesitant to give numbers, but whatevs), the job command “Provoke” is a fixed-type action, and has 1800 time-volatile enmity. This means that this amount of enmity will decay completely in 30 seconds.

• Enmity calculation for effect variations
      For each level there is data known as standard damage which is used for enmity calculation.
      *This value was made to be almost the same damage value as the baseline value when weapon data is created (240 attack delay sword).

The below is how enmity is calculated at the time of dealing “d” damage:
      Time-volatile enmity = 240*d/standard damage
      Damage-volatile enmity= 80*d/standard damage
      (Standard damage is obtained based on the level of the monster)

In other words, if you are dealing standard damage every 4 seconds, time-volatile enmity is repeatedly decaying from 240 to 0. Also, damage-volatile enmity is 1/3 of the time-volatile enmity (25% of total enmity), and the coefficient value is 80.

Currently the amount of fire power is much higher than the initially set standard, so I feel we need to rectify the situation where it is easy to reach the cap for volatile enmity by revamping the standard damage used for enmity calculations.

• Calculation for the amount of decay of damage-volatile enmity
      When a player takes “d” damage from a monster, the damage-volatile enmity of a monster towards a player decreases.

Damage-volatile enmity = 1800*d/player's max HP

In other words, when a player takes the same amount of damage as their max HP, enmity decays by 1800 (one Provoke).

*This amount can be modified by the effect of Sentinel.
      *1800 might feel a bit rough from the perspective of backline jobs.
      If we were to make this value larger, it would make it easier to get rid of enmity by damage taken, but it would make it difficult for tanks to maintain their target when they take damage. If we make adjustments to this, it will be necessary to look into setting up a special rule of sorts.
      *For healing magic, the value is half of the above calculation.

• Other

• Enmity increase from resting
      By distancing yourself from the targeted monster at a set distance, it's possible to make the amount of enmity generated from resting zero. The distance is approximately half the distance in which spells can be executed.

• Enmity cap
      The enmity limit is common for all jobs and the same is true for time-volatile and damage-volatile enmity. As to whether increasing this cap will make it so players don’t get stuck at the enmity cap, since it is only possible work size-wise for us to raise the value approximately three times of what it is currently, this is not an effective way to go.

While there were suggestions to change the cap values for each job, assuming that the suggestions were based on getting stuck at the cap, if this situation were to arise, it would ultimately boil down to whether you can or cannot maintain the target, so for the current conditions we are currently looking at pairing this with something else.

• First step for adjustments

• Standard damage (time-volatile)
      First, we are planning to make adjustments to the standard damage. Since we are able to set the standard damage for each level, it will be possible to only adjust this for high levels without affecting other levels.

• Damage-volatile enmity
      After adjusting the standard damage, we will make adjustments to damage-volatile enmity.
      The ratio of time-volatile enmity and damage-volatile enmity when dealing damage or curing, as well as the amount of enmity decay when a player takes damage will be adjusted.

• Individual commands and abilities
      If there are problems with fixed-type data we will make adjustments.

• Content
      The time it takes to defeat a monster with double HP that takes double damage is the same as the amount of time it takes to defeat a monster with 50% HP that takes 50% damage; however, enmity-wise there are large differences. If the damage taken by a monster is suppressed too much, it becomes possible to generate a lot more enmity with actions that have fixed-type enmity as opposed to those that have effect dependent enmity. We will need to check content to see if monster parameters have been set properly with an understanding of these systems.

Subscribe

02-21-2013 01:43 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings everyone!

Thanks for all the posts thus far. We’ve been forwarding them to Producer Matsui who has been reading each and every one. He was planning to make a post last night, but unfortunately he was unable to secure the time, so for the time being I will post in place of him. With that said, the man himself will post in more detail once he has the right amount of free time.

For those of you who took the time to read over the entire post, I think you generally got a good understanding of how the system works, but might have been left feeling “okay, I got it, but what are you guys gonna do?”

To put it really simply, we will be making it so that players do not get stuck at the enmity cap in battle anymore (the current situation where the enmity control system is not functioning properly). Apologies if the main basis of our adjustment plan was not clearly spelled out.

While we have seen a good amount of suggestions for ways to adjust this, we are taking them all into consideration and have various other adjustment plans in mind, but to start out we will first be setting a new standard damage value when Seekers of Adoulin is released. The main reasoning for this is that if we were to cram all of the adjustments in at once, we wouldn’t really have a grasp of where the problems are coming from.
Subscribe

03-15-2013 03:04 PM
[source]
Akihiko Matsui
Dev Team

Elements to be Implemented in the March 27th Version Update

Hello,

Matsui here.

I've been quite busy preparing for the release of Seekers of Adoulin and I'm sorry that my posting frequency has gone down a bit.

I'd like to make a separate post in regards to content related to Seekers of Adoulin, but I've been writing and erasing text, so for now I'd like to inform you all about the adjustments mentioned previously that will be implemented in the March 27th Version Update.

• Enmity Adjustments
    In regards to enmity, we will be performing the first stage of the content that was discussed previously. To start out, we will be making adjustments so that if the target is level 51 or above, the enmity generated in proportion to the damage dealt, and the enmity incurred in relation to the amount of HP cured, will be reduced. In the case that the target is above level 99, the amount of enmity generated will be reduced to 30% compared to before adjustment (the current level). We are also making adjustments at the same time so that the enmity gains from Cure V are reduced.

While this isn't limited to enmity adjustments, we understand this is an element that we need to continuously follow and address, and I wanted to remind you that this would be the first step.

• Attack/Defense Ratio Adjustments
    This is in regards to the post I made previously about future battle system adjustments.
    We will be making adjustments based on the content described under the "Regarding Defense" header. After the adjustment, in the case that a player's defense is significantly lower compared to a monster’s attack power, the amount of damage received will be higher than what it is currently.

Example:

For the below values:
    Monster attack damage value = 100
    Monster attack power = 1000
    Your defense = 250

The damage received will be as follows:
    Pre-adjustment amount of damage received = 200
    Post-adjustment amount of damage received = 400
    *This is just a simple calculation to make it easy to illustrate the change.

To go along with the above, the below two adjustments will also be made:

• The maximum value for damage dealt from the attack defense ratio will be adjusted so they are identical for both single-handed weapons and two-handed weapons.
    • The defense reduction penalty for "Counterstance" will be reduced.

• Embrava and Perfect Defense Adjustments
    This is regarding Embrava and Perfect Defense adjustments that were described previously.
    There have been no changes made to the aspects outlined previously, but I'd like to go over the adjustments once again. Along with these changes we will be making adjustments to various battle content, so I will be going over each of the adjustments planned breaking it down by content.

• Embrava
      Before After
      Effect Duration 5 min 90 sec
      Haste +1% per 15 enhancing magic skill +1% per 20 enhancing magic skill
      Regain Regain Refresh

• Perfect Defense
      Before After
      Effect Duration 90 sec 30 sec (+1 sec per 20 summoning magic skill)

For adjustments related to various battle content, we will be performing the adjustments outlined in my previous post and the follow-up made by Camate.

• Adjustments to Nyzul Isle Uncharted Area Survey
    Adjustments will be made to the levels of monsters.

Floor Level
    Floors 1-19 Reduced by 10 levels
    Floors 20-39 Reduced by 7 levels
    Floors 40-59 Reduced by 4 levels
    Floors 60-79 Reduced by 2 levels
    Floors 80-100 No change

*These changes will also be applied to notorious monsters.
    Adjustments will be made to the stats of a portion of notorious monsters that only spawn in Nyzul Isle Uncharted Area Survey. We will be making adjustments so that damage dealt will be higher than the current values when utilizing a mode of attack that exploits a monster's weakness, such as blunt attacks, piercing attacks, magic attacks, etc.

• Adjustments to Legion
    Special characteristics will be attributed to the monsters that spawn.
    In addition to the reduction of stats such as HP, attack power, and defense, we will also be setting special monster weaknesses. While some monsters stats will see increases at the same time as the reductions, it will be possible to defeat them much easier than before the adjustment when attacking their weakness.

• Adjustments to Einherjar
    Stats such as HP, attack power, and defense for Odin will be reduced for Odin's Chamber II.

• Adjustments to Voidwatch
    The range of use for Void clusters will be expanded to Provenance.

• Adjustments to Walk of Echoes
    Monster levels will be reduced, the "EX" status will be removed from each type of coin and sack, and sacks will be added that dispense multiple Devious Die and Liminal Residue.

• Adjustments to Salvage
    The drop rates for level 35 equipment will be revamped, and changes will be made so that monsters other than the NMs that spawn from ramparts in Bhaflau Remnants drop the same equipment.

• Adjustments to Twilight Scythe
    As was mentioned in a previous post, we will be changing the weapon so that the regular attacks are slashing damage and by using an enchantment they can become non-elemental.

The enchantment can be used 10 seconds after equipping the weapon and will be set as below:
    Effect duration: 60 seconds
    Recast time: 10 minutes
    Charges: Unlimited

Finally, here are some other adjustments that will be made.

• Expansion of the /yell Feature
    As outlined by Camate, we will be expanding the range of /yell in the below manner; however, the addition of this feature to the Chocobo Circuit will not take place at this time until other features have been added to that area:

Ru'Lude Gardens / Upper Jeuno / Lower Jeuno / Port Jeuno

Ru'Lude Gardens / Upper Jeuno / Lower Jeuno / Port Jeuno / Aht Urhgan Whitegate / East Adoulin / West Adoulin

• Changes to Mog Tablet Rewards
    As was mentioned by Camate, we will be keeping the Nomad Moogle statute and Talaria as prizes, but will be switching out other rewards. To keep it a surprise, we won't reveal which rewards have been switched, but keep in mind it's still a bonus type of item.

• Auto-translate
    Since it would not be possible to add new terms related to Seekers of Adoulin without deleting words that are not used frequently, we will be eliminated words to add new ones. Moving forward we plan to switch out words in the dictionary as well.

As I mentioned at the beginning of this post, I will be doing my best to make a post next week about the addition of Seekers of Adoulin content.

Also, we've been working extremely hard on other adjustments besides the ones described above, and once we are at the stage where we can share information I will be sure to make a post on the forums.

Thank you all very much.
Subscribe
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-18 12:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

03-19-2013 01:04 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Enmity System Explanation and Planned Adjustments

Greetings everyone!

I’d like to follow-up on a couple of questions in regards to the adjustments that are scheduled to take place during the March 27th version update.

SpankWustler said: »
I notice that no changes to Monster-Vs-Player level correction are mentioned here. Is something like that incoming and just not announced yet? Have plans changed in regard to it? Is a change to level correction coming later after seeing how things work with the new attack/defense calculations?

In case there was any question or confusion, we will be performing the level correction adjustments we mentioned previously. And going forward, enemies that appear in Seekers of Adoulin will not have level correction effects placed on them.

Rorrick said: »
Camate, can we get clarification on whether or not the attack ratio adjustments for one-handed weapons will apply to Hand-to-hand or not?

Previously we mentioned that we felt it would be best to adjust hand-to-hand weapons as a separate category, but this was specifically in relation to stat modifiers, and not for adjustments to the attack/defense ratio. For the attack/defense ratio maximum damage value, hand-to-hand weapons will receive the same adjustments as other single-handed weapons. With this, the amount of damage dealt via single-handed weapons and hand-to-hand weapons will see an increase.

Fermion said: »
Where is the Elemental Magic update?

In regards to the magic adjustments that were mentioned previously, once Seekers of Adoulin has been released and some time has passed we will be announcing the specifics on this. In the future we will be putting this data onto the Test Server for you all to try out and give feedback.

Economizer said: »
You are including the nearly useless Cure VI in the enmity reduction right? Right? (For the MP cost I almost expect Cure VI to reduce enmity...)

There will be no changes to Cure VI. With the upcoming enmity adjustments, the use of Cure V would become somewhat poor, so we will only be making adjustments to Cure V, and would like to keep the amount of HP recovered and enmity generated for Cure VI as it is currently.
Subscribe

03-25-2013 05:45 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
The other thread you mentioned raising the monster attack cap from 2.0 to 3.0, the above example is assuming a 4.0 cap.
We have always planned to raise the monster attack cap from 2.0 to 4.0.

I mentioned these because if the level based attack bonus is not removed ... high level monsters will be dealing 1000~2000+ damage per melee hit on anyone who isn't an Paladin with Burtang. I know SE is wanting to make defense more important, yet 4.0 as a cap is extremely excessive if the monster is allowed to keep it's level bonus.
Monsters that are added with Seekers of Adoulin will not have level correction applied so the damage will not be as high as you may be anticipating.

In the cases where level correction will take place in existing areas, you may see damage increases from monsters, but it will not amount to the numbers suggested. Regardless of whether there is level correction or not, we are adjusting enemies' levels and stats, so don't be afraid to attack and see that difference for yourself. Last thing, players will need to adjust their strategy and especially focus on defense. It will be important to consider decisions such as food, magic, songs, rolls, and equipment.

Camate will the developers be doing anything about the rampant use of defense down by every NM they've created? Currently all the harder NM's use some form of aoe defense down move that renders our defense useless. Even someone with Defender + Cocoon + Protect V + Taco will have no defense if something like Aegis Schism, Bilgestorm, Tourbillion, Yaksha: Damnation, Shadow Wreck, Dark Star or Flank Opening hits them. There are too many -defense moves to name and they all make defense pretty useless of a state to use.
Same as the above and I'm sure you guys are aware of the following: More focus will be required to remove applicable status ailments and also temporarily disengage the enemy to reduce the risk of potent attacks.
Subscribe

03-26-2013 02:49 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings everyone.

The version update is right around the corner, and I have a couple more points to follow-up on.

With the level correction adjustments for the monsters that are added in Seekers of Adoulin, I believe Flashy Shot will lose its meaning completely…

We do believe that revamping Flashy Shot is necessary, and we will be making adjustments so that there is a good effect in line with the level correction adjustment; however, we will not be able to address it in the upcoming version update. We apologize, but please give us a bit of time for this.

Whatever happened to the planned revamp to Recycle? Are you ever going to make adjustments so that ranged attacks?

Shortly after the release of Seekers of Adoulin we plan to make Recycle a job trait. With this, we will be making it so the effect of Recycle is stronger than what it is currently.

In addition to this, we also plan on changing the effect of Scavenge. Specifically, we will be making it and ability where you can recover ammo that has been consumed.

We feel that with the above two adjustments the costs associated with ammo will be reduced.

I’m thinking it would have been a good idea to make the elemental magic adjustments at the same time Geomancer is introduced to the game, so I would really like to see these changes implemented as soon as possible.

Also, are any adjustments going to be made for cumulative magic resistance? With the current job balance I feel this is not necessary.

We understand that this is being said in comparison to the current front-line job situation. However, the battles in Seeker of Adoulin will be quite different and the merits for being able to attack from long distance will be greater. While it’s true that the damage for elemental magic spells will be lower when they are resisted, one large benefit is that they do not miss due to evasion like melee attacks. With the elemental magic adjustments that will be made from here on out, as well as through the addition of new equipment, these variations and other things will be reduced, so we’d like to start out by doing this.

Eliminating the cumulative magic resistance right away would only cause melee to be unnecessary, and would work against everything we are doing with the restructuring of the battles. With that said, we’d like to perform the adjustments we are working on first and then plan our next move based on the results. There is a possibility for adjustments to cumulative magic resistance if we determine that it is necessary.

Please make sure that you make adjustments so that using a Cure V doesn’t make enemies instantly head for the white mage.

While balancing content such as Skirmish, we noticed that when white mages used Cure V the frequency of enemies targeting them was high, so we are currently making adjustments.

With the attack/defense ratio adjustments I’m worried that my automaton is going to become extremely weak.

If no care is given to use earth maneuvers for boosting defense, then there is a possibility that the damage taken by the automaton will increase.

With that said though, as stronger monsters are introduced, players will have to obtain stronger equipment to bridge the level gap, whereas pets do not have this option (since they cannot equip gear), so we feel that adjustments are necessary moving forward.
Subscribe

04-03-2013 12:20 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings everyone!

Thanks for all the feedback on enmity. Just as Producer Matsui has mentioned, we will be performing on-going adjustments to the enmity system and will start by working on laying the groundwork and the essential features.

Once the groundwork has been properly established, we’ll be working on the slightly smaller aspects and after that focus on the minute portions.

This should give you an idea of the progression we have mapped out, but let me shift into a slightly more detailed explanation.

Based on the feedback we have been seeing on the forums, for our next step we will be making adjustments to the static enmity generated from some job abilities and spells around the end of this month. (This is of course pending that there are no major issues along the way.)

With the adjustments we will be reducing the enmity generated by approximately half of the current value.

Additionally, we will be increasing the amount of enmity generated by the white magic spells Reprisal and Foil.

We will let you know the details on which job abilities and spells will be adjusted to have less enmity generation in the coming days, but I wanted to inform you of what we have planned ahead of time.
Subscribe

Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-18 12:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't know this matter had system limitations. At least I never saw anyone mentioning it.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-02-18 12:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I didn't know this matter had system limitations. At least I never saw anyone mentioning it.

Probably because this is the first time they actually explain the enmity system, atleast as far as I'm aware.

Edit:
Pretty cool to see they're atually using the same numbers are Kaeko found though, just using a bit different names.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2013-02-18 13:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Very nice confirmation of Kaeko's testing.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2013-02-18 13:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Enmity increase from resting
By maintaining a certain distance from the monster, this can be reduced to 0. The distance is approximately half range on casting magic on a target.

Neat! Was this known?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2013-02-18 13:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Quote:
By maintaining a certain distance from the monster, this can be reduced to 0. The distance is approximately half range on casting magic on a target.

Neat! Was this known?

It was known that there was a maximum distance at which enmity could be gained, and that there was a constant increase in enmity gained from resting!
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-02-18 13:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It makes sense, tying the the decay rate to a non arbitrary value. I'm not sure Kaeko ever determined the rate at which VE decays with such specificity because of delay issues, but this would fit in pretty well with his model.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-02-18 13:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Neat! Was this known?
Yes.
Edit: beaten.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2013-02-18 13:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

"PS2 limitations"

AGAIN
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-02-18 13:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Neat! Was this known?

A distance value wasn't known(that I ever heard) but it was known and I at least assumed it to be the same distance as cures and other things not getting hate.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-02-18 13:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said: »
Quote:

Neat! Was this known?

It was known that there was a maximum distance at which enmity could be gained, and that there was a constant increase in enmity gained from resting!

I've never seen mention of this before actually :o
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-18 13:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Quote:

Neat! Was this known?

A distance value wasn't known(that I ever heard) but it was known and I at least assumed it to be the same distance as cures and other things not getting hate.
I honestly believed it was the cure distance as well ._.;
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-02-18 13:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't rest around Kirin's kite path brings a whole new meaning doesn't it?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-02-18 13:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eugene said: »
It makes sense, tying the the decay rate to a non arbitrary value. I'm not sure Kaeko ever determined the rate at which VE decays with such specificity because of delay issues, but this would fit in pretty well with his model.
He's stated it at 60 VE per second right? Is that an inaccurate amount?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-02-18 13:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Cerberus.Eugene said: »
He's stated it at 60 VE per second right? Is that an inaccurate amount?

No, that's correct, SE said 60 aswell
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-02-18 13:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, well cool to have an exact confirmation then. +1 for Kaeko as usual.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2013-02-18 13:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Good to see the people at SE is taking their heads out of the hole and stopped treating their games like some "magic voodoo" only them should understand. lol
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-18 13:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mariane said: »
Good to see the people at SE is taking their heads out of the hole and stopped treating their games like some "magic voodoo" only them should understand. lol
You mean this game isn't run by feelings and math is actually involved? :(
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-18 13:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Qiqirn hat is the best headpiece for every job in every situation cause it's cute.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-02-18 13:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought it was run by strings attached to a weather station in kyoto.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Milliniar
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Milliniar
By Quetzalcoatl.Milliniar 2013-02-18 13:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
but at least from the contest they had we know moogle's law really exists.
 Fenrir.Mariane
By Fenrir.Mariane 2013-02-18 13:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »

I was commenting about how they used to make the underlying formulas "feel" like it's the Coca Cola formula (everyone knows what is used to make COKE but nobody who is involved talks about it) while players worked out how it works their own way through painful and slow methods.

Instead of being that silly they're more open minded now. I wonder if it has to do with this:

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=EI4.BE
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2013-02-18 13:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Always nice to receive confirmation about player speculation on important game mechanics. My question is about their 'first steps' to adjust the system. I understand that the listed adjustments aren't all that's happening, but I would like to know what really ends up happening in the long-run.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2013-02-18 13:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems like their best solution will be to increase the cap by 50% for whichever jobs they deem as tanks, by 25% for jobs that function as off tanks, leave DD jobs where they are at, and move healers/enfeeblers to 75% of current caps.

(If indeed no unlimited enmity generation is possible)

Simply changing the amount of damage that generates enmity only puts us back at 75 cap days. Even then, the game could be zerged and tank classes out tanked.
[+]
By Heimdel 2013-02-18 13:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I just think they should add a piece of all jobs gear that raises the enemity cap for the wearer. That way a person who suppose to be tanking can put it on to hold hate easier over others nor wearing it. If it is a issue of it locking hate to much ust have it also increase the rate of enemity decay so the person still has to work at keeping hate on them to some degree.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-02-18 14:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Having an upper limit isn't a big issue a long as you adjust the points. Can't move the goalposts and leave the 50yard line where it is. A variable cap on the rate of emnity gain could be nice too. Some kind of job trait that wouldn't require a tank to solo a mob to 80% before a dd could even engage it for fear of pulling hate with a single ws.
 Fenrir.Mariane
By Fenrir.Mariane 2013-02-18 14:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Some kind of job trait that wouldn't require a tank to solo a mob to 80% before a dd could even engage it for fear of pulling hate with a single ws.

Don't give them silly ideas ... They might like it and put into the game ... (they could take what you wrote in the reverse way and implement it as a mechanic lol)
First Page 2 ... 12 13 14