First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-01-22 07:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Peldin said: »
It's like 5-10 minutes per expedition dude, lol. Well, 15 max I guess, but even a 3-man group doesn't need 15 minutes for most of them.

Realistically, I don't think anybody would bother gathering their friends/shout group/whatever to do a single expedition (unless you're tri-boxing since that's just yourself, so no gather time etc), so I'd say an actual run of Meebles would probably take about an hour for you to do 5 missions (One rank line basically).

As for whether the items will be good, it's very likely it's going to be the dat mined items from the last patch since that was when the new Meebles was supposed to go live, and just browsing over it I think Sublime Breastplate, Himthige, Caudata Belt, Dumakulem's Ring and Uguisu will probably be the most usable items from it. Couple other interesting items if you're missing NNI/Salvage2/ShinyVW gear though I think.

I think the only annoying thing about them expanding Meebles is that every time they add more expeditions, it means you're going to have to be more picky about where you spend your pheromone sacks. ATM my group wants something from pretty much every boss so we didn't really mind needing to wait about a month between each Umagrhk because we wanted shots at Paalaka Gloves/Gusterion/Akasha Chaps/etc anyway. Oh well.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-01-22 07:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
really hoping they toss the Bhaflau v1 armor drop fix in this update.
9 runs since a rampart popped a NM for my static, capping out on v1 pieces for everyone and this zone is holding out on us... /wrists.

I enjoy meebles cause I do it with friends, but the loot we want is never dropping.
Dunno how long people will want to keep doing it for points (for gear you can sell).

I hear ya on the ramparts... I think me and friend were on like our 4th or 5th run with no NMs popping doing 2 full ramparts all of those runs.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2013-01-22 07:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
I LOVE MEEBLES! <3

every day i'm meeblin'

Anyway, the great thing about meebs is that if you're REALLY stuffed for time, you can just bring a full party with an eye to the boss run and hit Level 1 objectives the whole way up, which should take any group capable of handling the boss less than 5 minutes.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-01-22 08:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing a batch of 5 runs takes 60-90min in my experience, accounting for 'afk/rl a few minutes' between 6 people as well as someone usually job changing for boss (lol treasurehunter).

I pretty much just commit to blocking out 2hrs of time for meebles when its being done.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-01-22 08:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ravant said: »
I hear ya on the ramparts... I think me and friend were on like our 4th or 5th run with no NMs popping doing 2 full ramparts all of those runs.

You shouldn't only do 2 ramparts. Whenever I do Bhaflau these days, I manage to hit every single rampart if I only stay around them until 50% unless they pop an NM, in which case I stay the full time. I have heard few cases of ramparts spawning NMs after 50% if they hadn't before that. Usually I have time to kill LBC for a shot at Linen too, if that's your thing.

At least half of my runs I'll have at least 1 rampart spawn NMs. If nothing else, at least you can get more shots at cotton coinpurses. It's a decent consolation prize. =P
By fractalvoid 2013-01-22 08:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Considering meebles would be just for the sake of it, yeah, would rather just leave it for when we have less to do.

Elanid Belt.
You know you want it.
(if it doesn't come from new expeditions I'll look like an ***, but I really can't see where else it'll come from)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-01-22 08:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember being upset about bhaflau drops 2 nerfs ago. WHEN WE HAD TO DO SALVAGE UPHILL, BOTH WAYS, IN THE SNOW!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ravant
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-01-22 08:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
Ragnarok.Ravant said: »

You shouldn't only do 2 ramparts.

We only need the Usu and Ares 35 thats why we're only doing those 2.
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2013-01-22 08:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I love meebles, I however do not like the 20 hour recharge time. Ideal would be 8 hours imo, on how fast you can tear through them
[+]
By fractalvoid 2013-01-22 08:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gib said: »
I love meebles, I however do not like the 20 hour recharge time. Ideal would be 8 hours imo, on how fast you can tear through them

Agreed, but I'm not sure if they'll adjust this, considering they tripled the amount of stock that can be held.

SE:
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2013-01-22 09:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Upping the stock does nothing. Just means you can do the event in bulk twice a month instead of once every 5 days.
 Asura.Aikchan
Server: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-01-22 09:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Upping the stock does nothing. Just means you can do the event in bulk twice a month instead of once every 5 days.
20hrs refill, 36 sacks per month. So every 4days 4hrs you can complete a full tier in 30-45mins. So unless you do nothing else in the game but burrows, ya that's really slow... but If do others events and have no time to even do 1 per day, and just 1 day in the week to do a tier, it's good enough.
By fractalvoid 2013-01-22 09:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Essentially what I meant. They provided a "fix" that in all reality didn't address the real problem, but they could still say they "adjusted" something.

Not too sure if they'll adjust the cool-down timer though. They're trying to draw this out by limiting how often it can be done and making people carefully choose which expeditions they'll do, the once per week or whatever they'll go.

It makes sense but is kinda lame cos the event itself is pretty fun.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-01-22 11:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Esdain said: »
Siren.Kalilla said: »
I don't think there will be a whole lot for dat mining.

...but they said there would be diamonds in the rough. Sounds like a job for mining to me.
I still think it will be a small update~ just my opinion.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2013-01-22 12:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yay, more Meebles! I mean, sure, we just fully completed original Meebles, and we were getting ready to do more megaboss runs and such... now though... guess we just chug along and gather buffs.

:D I wonder what they'll release to top Abatteur's? :D
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2013-01-22 12:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I welcome more meebles. !!
[+]
 Fenrir.Shigaru
Server: Fenrir
user: ayer
By Fenrir.Shigaru 2013-01-22 12:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yay! More Meebles. I love those furry ***.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2013-01-22 12:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aikchan said: »
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
20hrs refill, 36 sacks per month. So every 4days 4hrs you can complete a full tier in 30-45mins. So unless you do nothing else in the game but burrows, ya that's really slow... but If do others events and have no time to even do 1 per day, and just 1 day in the week to do a tier, it's good enough.
In reality, its 5 days, unless I screwed up somewhere.
Presuming you go wednesday at 7pm:
thurs 3pm 1/5
fri 11am 2/5
sat 7am 3/5
sun 3am 4/5
sun 11pm 5/5

Unless youre running your event at 11pm on sunday night, its 5 days.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2013-01-22 12:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

that looks like a pretty *** up schedule
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-22 12:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Give us bonanza already!! I need to dream.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By fractalvoid 2013-01-22 12:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I want meeble spells for blu :O
meeble warble~
coolest name
[+]
By Mookies 2013-01-22 14:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

9 runs since a rampart popped a NM for my static, capping out on v1 pieces for everyone and this zone is holding out on us... /wrists.

I enjoy meebles cause I do it with friends, but the loot we want is never dropping.
Dunno how long people will want to keep doing it for points (for gear you can sell).

This.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2013-01-22 14:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, its a hit or miss on the drops.

Assistant Exp# 4
Associate Researcher Exp#4
Research Exp# 4

is your friend too
 Valefor.Volkom
user: volkom
By Valefor.Volkom 2013-01-22 14:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Mookies said: »

This.
oh god please!

and
hi sapphire! :D
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2013-01-22 14:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
that looks like a pretty *** up schedule
My point was, unless you're with 2-5 other people who dont work or go to school, its every 5 days, maybe sometimes every 4 days 4 hours if you can make it work.

Even if you do the sunday 11pm run, then what? You gonna go Thursday at 3am? Then you're going to go Monday at 7am? Liar liar, pants on fire
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-01-22 14:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Yep, its a hit or miss on the drops.

Assistant Exp# 4
Associate Researcher Exp#4
Research Exp# 4

is your friend too

I lost interest in meebles after a solid 8 bosses without a single drop. Not even loss and other npc'ables. Thf and th boon, and i think the only thing I've ever seen drop was the worthless pdt legs. Only reason its remotely tolerable in vw its because you can spam, waiting 5 days or more or spending a mil per person for a chance at marginally useful gear... It definitely needs some work.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-01-22 15:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

My favorite things about meebles so far:
-Having alcedo gauntlets drops then arguing amongst ourselves who should lot them (because noone wanted or would use them)
-BLM excited to get Ankylosis wand only to complain about how bad it was later. lol.
-Having a blustery dagger rot.
-Prize powder is a helluva drug.

I keep holding out hoping i'll get an Adflictio for my loldrk, but its probably more rare than a coruscanti and i spam the hell outta qilin and still dont have that...
[+]
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-01-22 15:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I enjoy meebles, and being able to enter on lvl 1 mules on your account and send yourself gear makes it spam-able if you have friends and/or mules.

Edit: SE needed to make the gear match better though. Chasubles are ugly and akasha chaps don't match with anything.
 Bahamut.Blze
By Bahamut.Blze 2013-01-22 15:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

the risk/reward/time is still on the negative side. but i still meebles i enjoy doing it. if only other people on my server did.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10