Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Supertanking and Creed Cuirass +2
Supertanking and Creed Cuirass +2
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-01-11 11:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Creed Cuirass +2, as most people know, causes the paladin to take up to 10% less damage, based on their hate.

Is supertanking considered capped hate-capped for the purpose of pld body? Obviously I know it's actually 0 hate, just wondering what the game thinks of it in this instance.

As an example, I flash Bismarck, his adds pop on me, I take them away from group while someone vokes bismarck. I'm supertanking the adds, mages can spam me with cures and fish will never look from me.

If I'm wearing creed cuirass, Am I capped on DR the body will give?
[+]
By itchi508 2013-01-11 11:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Logically you have no hate since you did not touch the adds, they are just "aggro/link" from the owner.i dont belive the migration will proc since there no enmity, so you may be better off in mekira for PD but the AF proc will benefit you more than mekira will.
 Phoenix.Sphinxx
Server: Phoenix
user: Sphinxx
By Phoenix.Sphinxx 2013-01-11 11:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it would count as capped hate. If you were to use Atonement on one of those adds for example, it would do nothing.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2013-01-11 12:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting question. Here's a test that should confirm:

Sight aggro a Cactaur mob and wait for it to use 1000 Needles, and see how much damage you take to see if there's any reduction from the base 1000 damage. Make sure you're not wearing any other DT- gear to alter the results.

I think the Kuftal Tunnel Sabotenders will still be EP and aggro a lv99. If not, they do link so just fight one and get it to link with its friend, kill the first one, then observe based on the linked one that you never took action on.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-01-11 12:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't recall what the minimum value is but I seem to recall 3 or 4%. But I can assure you, you won't cap the 10.5% with aggro hate.
By itchi508 2013-01-11 12:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Interesting question. Here's a test that should confirm:

Sight aggro a Cactaur mob and wait for it to use 1000 Needles, and see how much damage you take to see if there's any reduction from the base 1000 damage. Make sure you're not wearing any other DT- gear to alter the results.

I think the Kuftal Tunnel Sabotenders will still be EP and aggro a lv99. If not, they do link so just fight one and get it to link with its friend, kill the first one, then observe based on the linked one that you never took action on.
This is a good idea i would def look into this test for further knowledge on the question.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By itchi508 2013-01-11 12:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I will do it and post results in few hours after work if no one has found a answer by then.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-01-11 12:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
I can log in and do that test sometime if no one else does. my pld isn't 99 but shouldn't matter
If you were testing various levels of enmity using cures for hate then it would since level affects the a modifier on cure enmity but other than that no. I recall not being impressed with the starting value.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-01-12 11:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the ideas.

Tested..lol.

I was on the way out to cactuar and found a baby sabotender in Eastern Altepa, here's where I found out they don't link, but Rapido was running around so I waited.

Rapido came up on me and swung at me for a while. I never did a thing to rapido, not even Reprisal.

He finally used 10,000 needles and I took 9765 damage from it. 2.35% reduction

Only gear was Almace, Aegis, Impatiens
Creed Armet +2, Creed Collar, Brutal, Ethereal
Creed Cuirass +2, Creed Gauntlets +2, Thundersoul, Rajas
Atheline's, Phasmida, Blood Cuisses, Creed Sabatons +2

Only buff was protect.

TL:DR, Supertanking is considered minimal enmity for the purpose of this body. If you're holding adds, you should be using Mekira Meikogai