The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 224 225 226
 Fenrir.Thandar
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2014-06-17 04:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I have Otomi helm with 8 STR coming out a good bit above Felistris mask for Ukko's Fury.
 Shiva.Siral
Server: Shiva
user: Siral
By Shiva.Siral 2014-06-18 06:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

With the TP/WS update does anyone know how Rag stack up against Great Axe options now?
By Ravenn42 2014-06-18 10:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Thandar said: »
I have Otomi helm with 8 STR coming out a good bit above Felistris mask for Ukko's Fury.

Did Ukko's receive a boost? How much better is it?
 Fenrir.Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2014-06-18 18:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siral said: »
With the TP/WS update does anyone know how Rag stack up against Great Axe options now?
Rag is really strong, in Marjami solo it was keeping up with Ukkos, Upheaval was still doing better, I imagine as soon as you're getting att buffs it would be a lot better, in lolabyssea I did 18k Reso on Megamaw. RR SS Apoc and Berzerk up.

Ravenn42 said: »

It got 20% STR mod, it's better, but Upheaval is still better from what I can see, for standard weapons, I can't comment on Conq.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-06-18 19:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I would think Rag reso spam would be best with the new ftp it has, provided you don't have a Conq obviously. The new 200tp anchor points have made moonshade stupidly awesome on any ws that copies http://ftp.
[+]
By Fasaga 2014-06-18 20:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Rag is really strong, in Marjami solo it was keeping up with Ukkos, Upheaval was still doing better, I imagine as soon as you're getting att buffs it would be a lot better, in lolabyssea I did 18k Reso on Megamaw. RR SS Apoc and Berzerk up.

Ravenn42 said: »

It got 20% STR mod, it's better, but Upheaval is still better from what I can see, for standard weapons, I can't comment on Conq.
Ukko's is considerably better outside of capped attack and MS situations. With or without conq.
[+]
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
Server: Cerberus
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-06-24 09:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Either Ruinator doesn't get attack bonus or gorget isn't for all hits. Some testing not lining up.
 Cerberus.Midgitis
By Cerberus.Midgitis 2014-06-24 09:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It felt nerfed in a few delve runs i've done. I just assumed everything else got better so it felt weaker.

Usually averaged around 7-8k till boss now maybe 4-6k.

Same buffs as always and gear has improved.

Too small a data sample to point the finger at something specifically just an initial thought.
 Odin.Shaggnix
Server: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-07-01 06:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Is elemental belt/gorget still best for reso?
 Fenrir.Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2014-07-01 20:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Shaggnix said: »
Is elemental belt/gorget still best for reso?

Yes. They are best in slot for Resolution.
By Refia1 2014-07-27 22:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, is lightreaver better than the JSE war Gaxe or is it just gimmick wpn? Also if u have ragnarok is better than JSE or lightreaver to use?
 Fenrir.Moldtech
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2014-07-27 22:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Refia1 said: »
Hello, is lightreaver better than the JSE war Gaxe or is it just gimmick wpn? Also if u have ragnarok is better than JSE or lightreaver to use?

I bet the proc'rate on Lightrever is the same as it was on Twilight Scythe personally.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-07-27 23:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If anything the STP and the 20 acc make it attractive as an option.
I have it the proc rate is fairly low from what I've seen so far.
 Fenrir.Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2014-07-27 23:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok is much better than JSE weapon. Resolution is a beast if you can get some attack behind it.
 Shiva.Flowen
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2014-07-29 10:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok is much better than JSE weapon. Resolution is a beast if you can get some attack behind it.

Where would ragnarok be compared to other wep choices for war post weaponskill update? Is the Scourge buff enough to make it worth using for aftermath?
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-07-30 17:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flowen said: »

Where would ragnarok be compared to other wep choices for war post weaponskill update? Is the Scourge buff enough to make it worth using for aftermath?

Scourge is much better then it was but not worth using over Resolution outside of Sekka self Light. Conq is the best weapon but after that it gets kinda situation between Ukon and Rag, really target and buff dependent. If you already have one then not really worth it making the other.
 Leviathan.Egonn
Server: Leviathan
user: Egonn
By Leviathan.Egonn 2014-07-30 17:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone plugged in Otomi 8 str/Attack vs 8dex/2% sc damage for ukko's yet?
 Shiva.Flowen
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2014-07-31 08:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »

Scourge is much better then it was but not worth using over Resolution outside of Sekka self Light. Conq is the best weapon but after that it gets kinda situation between Ukon and Rag, really target and buff dependent. If you already have one then not really worth it making the other.

I currently have neither (well 85 ukon from the aby days), but been wanting to build something for WAR for a while. Relic is a lot cheap than other options at the moment, so I guess I was really finding out if rag was still the best relic for WAR? Pretty sure it still beats bravura? I know utility of brav etc but better taking damage and situations you would use the weapon into account
 Cerberus.Stereo
By Cerberus.Stereo 2014-08-01 09:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I quit about 2 years ago and returned recently. I upgraded my Uko99 to the i119 version. Updated/upgraded all my gear to the best in slots for tp and ws. But my DMG as Uko i119 is far from the expectations I had for it. Fudo murders my upheavels and uko's fury. Should I stick with the Uko i119 or invest in another weapon (not doing mythic, as conqueror wars don't seem to fair much better in the parses vs Fudomarts).
Or should I just accept the fact that wars time in the spotlight has ended and SE have placed SAM back on top for good.
 Odin.Shaggnix
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-08-01 09:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I currently have neither (well 85 ukon from the aby days), but been wanting to build something for WAR for a while. Relic is a lot cheap than other options at the moment, so I guess I was really finding out if rag was still the best relic for WAR? Pretty sure it still beats bravura? I know utility of brav etc but better taking damage and situations you would use the weapon into account

Thing about rag is your performance will vary greatly with buffs. 6-10k resos aren't uncommon, but if you'r songs/rolls drop for whatever reason you become filled with shame when you see your numbers drop into the 1-1.5k range. Rag excels where you can take advantage of the high attack cap, which is fodder and high buff situations, or under MS. As someone else mentioned Scourge isn't terribad anymore, and a self light scourge > reso can put up some very nice numbers as well as net you a little aftermath.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-08-01 09:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Both Lightreaver and Qalqwer are better than the JSE GA.
 Bismarck.Marmite
Server: Bismarck
user: innit
By Bismarck.Marmite 2014-08-01 10:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Stereo said: »
I quit about 2 years ago and returned recently. I upgraded my Uko99 to the i119 version. Updated/upgraded all my gear to the best in slots for tp and ws. But my DMG as Uko i119 is far from the expectations I had for it. Fudo murders my upheavels and uko's fury. Should I stick with the Uko i119 or invest in another weapon (not doing mythic, as conqueror wars don't seem to fair much better in the parses vs Fudomarts).
Or should I just accept the fact that wars time in the spotlight has ended and SE have placed SAM back on top for good.

Outside of MS, fudo spam should beat ukko/upheaval by a fair chunk.

Ukko's seems to perform a lot better under lower buff situations i.e. 1 brd buffs. Use upheaval when your attack is capped.

With the recent tp changes it's a fair bit easier to 5 hit ukon, give it a try and see what you think.

Ukon is pretty much warrior's 2nd best weapon after conq, sometimes it's best when conq AM3 isn't practical.

I haven't taken war out since the recent weapon skill updates, but before that I would get raped by sams on 1-5 in morimar delve, but completely rape them on the boss.

To answer your question there is only really conq to invest in over ukon in terms of dps, so no. There is rag for MS reso, but I find ukon am3 upheaval a little bit ahead (at least prior to ws patch).

Try a few things out on war, use the spreadsheets to find optimal sets for w/e target and buffs. I find you really have to work hard at war to be competitive/useful.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-08-01 10:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Thing about rag is your performance will vary greatly with buffs. 6-10k resos aren't uncommon, but if you'r songs/rolls drop for whatever reason you become filled with shame when you see your numbers drop into the 1-1.5k range. Rag excels where you can take advantage of the high attack cap, which is fodder and high buff situations, or under MS. As someone else mentioned Scourge isn't terribad anymore, and a self light scourge > reso can put up some very nice numbers as well as net you a little aftermath.

What is your target? WAR has a ridiculous amount of attack available to it. Berserk can be kept up nearly full time now and enhanced 60s savagery WC does amazing things to reso. Doing Morimar 5+1 my WAR rapes everything else in that zone with meat + marches and one attack song. The only time I ever saw 1-1.5k reso was on turtle if it had its shell up. Rag works really well with WARs JA/JTs. Its equal to 119 ukon in general with Ukon winning on really low buff targets (D AAs with acc songs) and Rag whenever you can ride berserk + attack buffs.
 Odin.Shaggnix
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-08-01 11:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

6 man daku. meat + berserk + at least 1 solid attack buff is usually enough for respectable dmg. But songs and berserk were both down and my attack dipped down to 1100ish and dmg was sad. Its also possible dia wore, we didn't have any other def down tools besides dia2. I was also on sushi instead of meat (leader requested). My gear isn't terrible but could be improved.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-08-01 21:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

6 man daku. meat + berserk + at least 1 solid attack buff is usually enough for respectable dmg. But songs and berserk were both down and my attack dipped down to 1100ish and dmg was sad. Its also possible dia wore, we didn't have any other def down tools besides dia2. I was also on sushi instead of meat (leader requested). My gear isn't terrible but could be improved.

Why on earth were you using sushi on a Daq? You mind as well not eaten anything at all. Berserk should have a 4:10 recast with a duration of up to 3:34, that leaves 36s of unberserked time. But yeah if you had no songs, no zerk and were eating sushi on a Tier 1 delve MB then your Reso's are going to get to about 2K. Duq removes all debuffs when he does Verve so your support has to know to reapply Dia II and keep it up. Also make sure nobody in your party is using their own warcry to screw with your buffed WC / BR. 5/5 Savagery with an enhanced WC is insane, +700 TP for 60s on a WS that scales extremely well with TP.

Have you checked your WS set and confirmed it had the same accuracy as your TP set? This is a mistake I see a lot of people make, they WS in pure STR/MA and never bother checking to see how much acc they are in. Reso being a 5+ hit WS means that capping acc is paramount, otherwise numbers will be all over the place. Also you have aggressor and while it's recast will be 5min, you can get it to similiar 3:34 duration.

All in all WAR is in a similiar situation as DRK, attack is simply not an issue the vast majority of the time. Rag and Ukon are pretty much equal with each one favoring different situations. If a player has one there really isn't a reason to get the other vs just investing that time / effort in getting a Conq.
 Ragnarok.Drewbles
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tedril
By Ragnarok.Drewbles 2014-08-01 23:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Conq should be pummeling every other option out there. However yes, sam is the best. But well geared of drk, sam, and war do fine for slashing content. A well geared blu could even fit in there as capable but not comparable if they have another option.
By Icysugarspike 2014-08-02 01:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

What place do augmented Ejekamal feet have in our sets, if any? Tried spreadsheeting STR+8 Ejekamal vs NQ Pummeler's in my current WS set and they appear to be a minuscule improvement barring accuracy needs.
By Blazed1979 2014-08-02 06:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Drewbles said: »
Conq should be pummeling every other option out there. However yes, sam is the best. But well geared of drk, sam, and war do fine for slashing content. A well geared blu could even fit in there as capable but not comparable if they have another option.

I just don't see Conquerors doing that. They pull ahead sometimes but not often enough and not by a large enough margin to consider it a thrashing. Anytime the fight lasts more than 2 minutes my Uko i119 catches up and often pulls ahead. It might be playstyle, I've been doing this for a while and a lot of these other players are Abyssea/Adoulin bread. But if that is the case, then clearly Conqueror isn't so good as to allow for lack of skill yet still pull ahead.
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-08-02 06:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Ragnarok.Drewbles said: »

I just don't see Conquerors doing that. They pull ahead sometimes but not often enough and not by a large enough margin to consider it a thrashing. Anytime the fight lasts more than 2 minutes my Uko i119 catches up and often pulls ahead. It might be playstyle, I've been doing this for a while and a lot of these other players are Abyssea/Adoulin bread. But if that is the case, then clearly Conqueror isn't so good as to allow for lack of skill yet still pull ahead.
No item in the game will allow lack of skill to pull ahead, the point is to compare the items assuming both have the same skill.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-08-02 06:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I do not believe he indicated he was comparing idiots to pros.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 224 225 226