Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 222 223 224 225 226
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2023-10-31 20:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

165 attack after we're buffed to the hilt is fairly miniscule, if we're not already attack capped. The STR would be nice but we're in similar situation of being 400~500 STR and some are just 50% STR. 2% TA is the real interesting state, though with WAR being so heavy on DA the TA gets kinda washed out. It's why I point out the things with Store TP like simple Carbonara or the DA/WSD of Gyudon(+1).

For defense food my default is Omelet Sandwich, Accuracy (if needed) HP, Defense some VIT and +enmity. I tend to be the "quasi-tank" on most things we do.

My point being that due to attack from food happening at the very end, it's not nearly as useful as people think and there are usually better choices.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-10-31 20:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
165 attack after we're buffed to the hilt is fairly miniscule, if we're not already attack capped. The STR would be nice but we're in similar situation of being 400~500 STR and some are just 50% STR. 2% TA is the real interesting state, though with WAR being so heavy on DA the TA gets kinda washed out. It's why I point out the things with Store TP like simple Carbonara or the DA/WSD of Gyudon(+1).

For defense food my default is Omelet Sandwich, Accuracy (if needed) HP, Defense some VIT and +enmity. I tend to be the "quasi-tank" on most things we do.

My point being that due to attack from food happening at the very end, it's not nearly as useful as people think and there are usually better choices.

Yeah, I get that. I'm just pointing out that ATK food is still valuable if you aren't/can't be buffed into it losing that value.

Convo made me look into atk food again, because I haven't looked at it in awhile. Looks like I've been sleeping on Pork Cutlet Rice Bowl(60HP/MP 4STP 125atk 7str 3vit 5 agi). And I guess Magma Steak to an extent(+185atk +9str).
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-10-31 23:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

My Mog Satchel is a CVS of consumables, all meds, food, and rr-related items. I pretty much try to keep a couple stacks of these on me all the time:

Sublime Sushi/+1
Miso Ramen/+1
Soy Ramen/+1
Omelet Sandwich/+1
Gyudon/+1
Arrabbiata/+1 (Really like this one)
And a couple of stacks of Rolan/Grape daifukus for trash content and Marine Stewpots for dyna hybrids.

Few folks in my LS really like Popotoes con Queso (STR/MND +5, Eva/Meva +50, Attack/Ratt +130).

Asura.Vyre said: »
Convo made me look into atk food again, because I haven't looked at it in awhile. Looks like I've been sleeping on Pork Cutlet Rice Bowl(60HP/MP 4STP 125atk 7str 3vit 5 agi).

That's a good looking food too. Might look into using those. Hydra Kofte +1 is a bit more aggressive Rabbit Pie.

I've been leaning the same direction as Saevel lately though, STP and MA foods really feel like I'm getting more bang than the big attack foods for the content I'm doing.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-11-01 00:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Trust me, if I was in a group /groups regularly getting omega level BRD buffs and had the 5k atk, I would deep *** some Gyudon.

I think the most atk I've ever had so far was when a BRD came to a RoV mission to help an LSmate out, and handed out like BIS BRD Minuets. I was at like 4400 atk, and was quite amazed at that, cause when I go around solo with my erratic casual play schedule, Qultada and Berserk are only getting me up to like 2500ish. If that.
[+]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-11-01 09:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I would deep *** some Gyudon.

Almost woke up my wife last night with my chortle.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-11-01 12:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Trust me, if I was in a group /groups regularly getting omega level BRD buffs and had the 5k atk, I would deep *** some Gyudon.

5K attack isn't even super buffs, that's just Warrior with Berserk up and NQ songs or chaos. NQ songs and Chaos has me over 6K, HQ songs with chaos and GEO is 8K+. Warrior and Dark Knights are the highest attack jobs in the game. It's why I'm always looking for food that gives something other then attack.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-11-03 21:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

5K attack isn't even super buffs, that's just Warrior with Berserk up and NQ songs or chaos. NQ songs and Chaos has me over 6K, HQ songs with chaos and GEO is 8K+. Warrior and Dark Knights are the highest attack jobs in the game. It's why I'm always looking for food that gives something other then attack.
Having real people buffs sounds so nice.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-11-04 08:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Mastered DRG/WAR is pretty real on the buffs too

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-06 13:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Accuracy issues aside, there is no chance a ridill could possibly compare to a KC
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-11-06 15:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Engelier said: »
Sup. Sorry if this is a poor question but wanted to be sure. What is better /nin paired with martial anelace for level cap stuff using savage blade: ridill or kraken club? Just that the 14 DA is there from traits, 19 if I have DA merits. Thanks.

We talking WAR/NIN here right? I don't think the Martial Anelance works off hand but there is the TP Bonus Axe and the Ikenga Axe, both do work off hand. Makes for an interesting combo since you gain TP so fast.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2023-11-06 16:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Martial don't work offhand
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-06 16:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

He said level capped content, so TP Bonus Axe and Ikenga will not do anything.

I understood the question to be about Martial Anelace MH, KC or Ridill offhand at WAR75/NIN37.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2023-11-06 21:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

situational then
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [65 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Myamoto
Server: Shiva
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-01-10 13:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have much experience with Su5 GA? I see some value in the various augment paths but can't decide on which is most valuable. They all seem interesting... Path A double damage, can that proc on all attack rounds? and if so, what does that translate to for double attack damage+ gear?. Secondly, path B, follow up attack? does that also proc on all attack rounds? or would it only apply at the end of an attack round making a double attack round become three attacks? The path C is self explanatory, I saw the "ministrikes" build about it, seems less than practical, and tp gained only on crits seems less favourable than the other path options unless you have blood rage up.

It's really the only GA I am missing in the collection. Hoping for some feedback from anyone that has some experience with it from a practical standpoint.
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
Server: Cerberus
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2024-01-10 14:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Only path worth it on that GA is path B for subtle blow, if already got Ukko & Chango all other paths are very much covered.

I was tempted to buy one just for that, but rare has been the time I have felt the need to come war for subtle blow.
By Taint 2024-01-10 14:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Darkvlade said: »
Only path worth it on that GA is path B for subtle blow, if already got Ukko & Chango all other paths are very much covered.

I was tempted to buy one just for that, but rare has been the time I have felt the need to come war for subtle blow.

The added swings negate the SB advantage. Leaving the only SB advantage to WSs at the cost of damage.

Not sure its worth it at all.
By Nariont 2024-01-10 14:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Path C is fun but thats as far as it goes imo, much like many of the path C options
 Shiva.Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-01-10 14:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks ^^. Yeah, I don't see it being used a whole lot, more of just a "want". Anyone play with Path A at all? Double damage on double attacks with double attack damage+ gear is honestly what I am leaning towards the most presently.
By Nariont 2024-01-10 14:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean its a weaker emp AM with a chunk of STP, not the worst thing but theres better options
 Shiva.Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-01-10 15:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, but sometimes getting 3k tp to put up AM3 on a fight that lasts like 30-45 seconds is hardly worthwhile, even more so when warcry is up. Especially when MACC sucks on Ukon lol, I actively use breaks all the time and swap weapons a lot in stuff like Sortie. Su5 is the best Macc/Skill combined besides Stage 5 Laphria. Sortie bosses are a great example, typically I'll tomahawk then break and then swap to my weapon of choice for that fight. Empy AM3 isn't always my go to, nor is it always practical.

Either way, you are correct, there are better options. I am not disputing that at all lol. Ukon AM3 is a beast in that regard. Just looking at the Su5 weapon potential and how/where I would likely use it the most.
By SimonSes 2024-01-10 15:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Myamoto said: »
yeah, but sometimes getting 3k tp to put up AM3 on a fight that lasts like 30-45 seconds is hardly worthwhile, even more so when warcry is up. Especially when MACC sucks on Ukon lol, I actively use breaks all the time and swap weapons a lot in stuff like Sortie. Su5 is the best Macc/Skill combined besides Stage 5 Laphria. Sortie bosses are a great example, typically I'll tomahawk then break and then swap to my weapon of choice for that fight. Empy AM3 isn't always my go to, nor is it always practical.

Either way, you are correct, there are better options. I am not disputing that at all lol. Ukon AM3 is a beast in that regard. Just looking at the Su5 weapon potential and how/where I would likely use it the most.

The thing is, even AM1 from Ukon is stronger than SU5 (30% for triple damage is stronger, than 50% for double) and even Ukko's Fury is good WS at 1000TP, especially if you activate Blood Rage just before it.
 Shiva.Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-01-10 15:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

valid point, not sure the direction i'll go with the Su5 then... probably stylelock like my AG conqueror lol. Macc still does suck on Ukon though haha. Its a terrible GA for breaks.
By Nariont 2024-01-10 16:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If macc was the only consideration id just make ambu gaxe. But if you already have su5 then that would be its primary remaining use i guess
 Shiva.Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-01-10 16:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, I have Ambu GA, Su5 is just to add to the collection is all, not overly concerned in using it a bunch haha. Just wanted to ask everyone about it and their experience with it is all. Thanks ^^.
 Valefor.Dathus
Server: Valefor
user: Dathus
By Valefor.Dathus 2024-02-05 03:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want to make sure I've been reading some things right(New-ish WAR, gearing it for times when I want to not have to pay attention to my wyvern dying).

Fencer maxes out at level 8, giving a TP bonus of 630 on WS, plus Moonshade giving 250, meaning 1120 is 2kTP for us. Am I correct that this stacks with WAR JP gifts, meaning at around 980 we're WSing at 1k for 2k, or does it not stack with Fencer8?

Just looking at optimal TP for WSing at for max damage.
By SimonSes 2024-02-05 05:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Dathus said: »
I just want to make sure I've been reading some things right(New-ish WAR, gearing it for times when I want to not have to pay attention to my wyvern dying).

Fencer maxes out at level 8, giving a TP bonus of 630 on WS, plus Moonshade giving 250, meaning 1120 is 2kTP for us. Am I correct that this stacks with WAR JP gifts, meaning at around 980 we're WSing at 1k for 2k, or does it not stack with Fencer8?

Fencer VIII with gifts is 860
Moon shade 250
Savagery 700
Boii Cuisses +3 100

All stack and turn 1000tp WS to 2910tp
 Bismarck.Mooze
Server: Bismarck
user: Mooze27
By Bismarck.Mooze 2024-02-05 08:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »

The added swings negate the SB advantage. Leaving the only SB advantage to WSs at the cost of damage.

I don’t know that negated is the right word. Correct me if I’m wrong, but the goal of a Subtle Blow build is less TP to mob per swing as possible. Obviously, not swinging at all wins there, but then the mob doesn’t die. So, while you’re still adding around the same mob TP per attack round, you’re gaining an entire swings worth of damage and player TP.

I’m not disagreeing that it’s pretty much useless for WAR tho lol.
By SimonSes 2024-02-05 11:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Mooze said: »
Taint said: »

I don’t know that negated is the right word. Correct me if I’m wrong, but the goal of a Subtle Blow build is less TP to mob per swing as possible. Obviously, not swinging at all wins there, but then the mob doesn’t die. So, while you’re still adding around the same mob TP per attack round, you’re gaining an entire swings worth of damage and player TP.

I’m not disagreeing that it’s pretty much useless for WAR tho lol.

This is true and tbh I haven't understood the logic behind additional swing negating the SB advantage. It's all about TP feed per swing, not TP feed per time. Even if the additional swing evens out additional SB in TP feed per time, you will still do more damage (but you won't, explanation below), BUT you also have the ability to turn away with path B and do same amount of swings per time, feed less TP per time and do same damage.

That being said, most of the time Ultimate Weapons can do more damage after 4 swings (because of significantly boosted WS damage or melee hits with Empy AM3), than path B would do after 5 swings and this is true reason why path B is mostly useless for SB DD build.
[+]
 Valefor.Dathus
Server: Valefor
user: Dathus
By Valefor.Dathus 2024-02-05 12:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Valefor.Dathus said: »

Fencer VIII with gifts is 860
Moon shade 250
Savagery 700
Boii Cuisses +3 100

All stack and turn 1000tp WS to 2910tp
So with Savagery up, should be WSing at 1090 with Boii+3, 1190 with Boii +2 for 3k, and without Savagery or Boii+3, just at a flat 1k with all gifts?
First Page 2 3 ... 222 223 224 225 226