(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 82 83 84 ... 206 207 208
By Afania 2016-07-19 16:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gippali said: »
Inc snapshot builds.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised with the way this thread goes.

With how DM aug works it's probably possible to get racc rattk snapshot augment.....I think.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2016-07-19 16:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Bismarck.Gippali said: »
Inc snapshot builds.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised with the way this thread goes.

With how DM aug works it's probably possible to get racc rattk snapshot augment.....I think.

Yeah, DM augs do. I had Snapshot+5 on Odyssean Cuisses for about 5 seconds today.

Besides that.. iirc the haste augment you can put on WKR gears like Ejekamal boots / Otomi Helm also gives 2% snapshot. There's also Haverton Ring.

Also.. Tsoa. Crossbow

But yeah, wtf are we talking about.
[+]
By volkom 2016-07-19 17:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

drk lives matter?
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
Server: Asura
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-07-19 17:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
drk lives matter?
Not if you ask most whm
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-07-19 19:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

so trying to figure out good augments for valorous/odyss

Cata, CR, torch, reso, scourge all benefit most by WSD? AS in I should be aiming for full set of WSD on my augments?

Does DA do anything for these weapon skills? I assume on reso since it is multihit, and probably CR too, but from my understanding on 1 hit ws's they cannot double? I just keep seeing to many drks ws in argosy on things like cata, doesnt make sense if it cant double attack.

Side question too maybe a bit harder to answer. I know with fern stones I can hit 5 wsd but taupe caps at 4. with taupe however I can get 15 stats instead of 10. Ideally would 5 stats > 1 wsd?
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-07-19 19:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »

Cata, CR, torch, reso, scourge all benefit most by WSD? AS in I should be aiming for full set of WSD on my augments?

Does DA do anything for these weapon skills? I assume on reso since it is multihit, and probably CR too, but from my understanding on 1 hit ws's they cannot double? I just keep seeing to many drks ws in argosy on things like cata, doesnt make sense if it cant double attack.

Side question too maybe a bit harder to answer. I know with fern stones I can hit 5 wsd but taupe caps at 4. with taupe however I can get 15 stats instead of 10. Ideally would 5 stats > 1 wsd?

Cata, Cross Reaper, Torc, and Scourge for ws wmg, Reso will be your bread and butter assuming you have AG Rag, that will be Double Attack instead.

Until you have enough months worth of ambuscade in you can just substitute the reso double attack cape on other ws and slowly fill in the gaps with wsdmg str, wsdmg vit, int double attk, fast cast etc.

Cross Reaper and Savage Blade seem to benefit most from ws dmg over things like crit rate/dmg or double attack. I believe the reason is something about the fTP transfer across the hits. I can't remember, I know I read something about it in the past, Saevel would have that ***on memory.

For your reisenjima augs, most of that I made that into torc/cata gear with acc/attk and ws dmg. CR I use the same sets as reso and seem to benefit the most, OUTSIDE of the ambuscade cape on CR being str +20 wsdmg +10%
Reso gear will most likely be at LEAST nq argosy
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-19 23:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Torc gain great benefits from +WSD. Resolution gets almost nothing from +WSD but a lot of +DA. CR has pretty high fTP scaling on that first hit so +DA at low fTP's but +WSD at high.

Scourge and Cata benefit from both due to the Relic bonus effecting multi-attack procs as well. WSD will usually gives the most enhancement but multi-attack isn't useless. Cata = 2.75 fTP, a DA is +1.0 for a 36% damage increase.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-07-21 17:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

any point to use prosilio belt +1? I picked one up the other day thinking it would be useful (possibly BiS), but I am having some doubts now. I have metalsinger belt too

looking at prosilio with:

STR+10 Attack+28 "Double Attack"-5% Weapon Skill Accuracy+5

or metalsinger with

STR+13 Accuracy+5 "Double Attack"+1%

basically comes down to 3 str 6% DA VS. 28 attack.

I also was curious about carro necklace vs fotia gorget too...
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2016-07-21 18:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't fotia belt be better than either of those for weapon skills?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-21 18:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Akaden said: »
Wouldn't fotia belt be better than either of those for weapon skills?

Depends on the WS.

Fotia belt / gorget are horribly translated, something I have to explain to someone at least once a week. It's not the +10 WSD stat we frequently refer to but rather +0.1 fTP . If a weapon skill only had a single hit with 1.0 fTP, then the Fotia would be +10% damage. But if that same WS had one hit and 2.0 fTP, then Fotia would be +5% damage. If that weapon skill was two hits with the first being 2.0 and the second being 1.0, the Fotia would be 3.3% increase, and so on. Fotia tends to be weak on multi-hit WS's that don't copy fTP and strong on multi-hit WS's that do. In contrast, +Weapon Skill Damage gear raises the damage of the first hit by that amount reguardless of it's base fTP .
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-07-21 18:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

so for what it matters on drk... let me know if these combos would be right please!

Cata - carro neck + metalsingers belt (DA
CR - fotia gorget + fortia belt
insurgency - fortia + prosilio +1
torch - fortia+fotia
reso - fotia+fotia
scourge - carro + metalsingers

I have access to all of that and all gear (not HQ abjs). I know gear can probably impact some decisions, but lets just say full access to argosy (not HQ), and ability to augment reis gear with 8 str 3 wsd 25~ acc (this is prob a better avg for what you honestly can achieve) for each slott.

I dont have either apoc/rag AG yet, but honestly my reso dmg even on none AG I expected to be much much higher (cant break 18k).... kinda a let down and also a good push for me to get farming them plutons!! 20k needed -- bloodlusty lets duo, I liked your video and got a good blu ~.^
 Ragnarok.Zaryun
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zaryun
By Ragnarok.Zaryun 2016-07-29 20:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess this thread could use a bump.... A /THF bump that is.

3 step (Savage Blade>last Stand>Torc) on Grand GrenadeBefore I post anymore SS's I'd like to say I'm aware this sub is very situational and gear dependant, Torcleaver is a must. I wouldn't recommend using this to anyone for everyday use. Even if it does have very good potential, that potential is more heavily reliant on the jobs around it than a /WAR or /SAM so a party has to be focused almost entirely on the DRK/THF.

Safe to say if you don't have an incredibly forgiving and patient ls/group of friends to play with you're going to find it difficult to reach that potential with /THF and even then it will never be as optimal as let's say a SCH MB party for high level content, although, in my imagination infinitely more fun.

Having said that, here are some /THF Torcleaver dmg SS's I managed to grab today in escha-ru'aun. Let me know what you guys think.

Peirithoos
Met
Palila
Yilan
Hanbi #1
Hanbi #2 (I think you know where this is headed...)
A few disclaimers. Allies' Roll + Chaos, Fury + Frailty (non-Idris) and Tenebral Crush on Grand Grenade. Sulevia's Platmail +1 over V.Mail for increased sc dmg.

Samurai's roll + Chaos, Fury + Frailty(Idris), Minuet V, IV, III and boost-VIT on the majority of the escha-ru'aun NM's. All sc's here were 2-step.

If you'd like item sets and their augments I'll be happy to put those in a separate post. (Didn't think this deserved it's own thread but if it does more than happy to start one and move this post there)
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-07-31 20:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I assume you would not want to cast absorb spells in onyx gear anymore? I am unsure how resist rates work of abs spells on drk, I assume we want to just load on macc and have way at it? Just would be cool to get an extra 44 sec, but if it gets resisted than no point?
 Ragnarok.Zaryun
By Ragnarok.Zaryun 2016-07-31 22:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I assume you would not want to cast absorb spells in onyx gear anymore? I am unsure how resist rates work of abs spells on drk, I assume we want to just load on macc and have way at it? Just would be cool to get an extra 44 sec, but if it gets resisted than no point?

I'd save the 5 spots of inven space personally unless you are a scarlet delirium freak. Although I can see how the prolonged duration is tempting you really have to weigh up the pro's and con's and how necessary it is.

As an example if you're planning on using this with abs-ACC you're going to be using it on mobs with high eva/m.eva meaning you'll likely need to use Dark Seal, in which case you have 2 minutes and 14 secs worth of abs-ACC for every 5 minutes. If you did this for an hour or so less than half of that time you'd have your absorb spell on. That doesn't sound great to me.

Trade onyx's absorb-duration for m.acc and you can have absorb-ACC up a LOT more frequently and you'll end up with a better "absorb duration" over time.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-07-31 22:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zaryun said: »

I'd save the 5 spots of inven space personally unless you are a scarlet delirium freak. Although I can see how the prolonged duration is tempting you really have to weigh up the pro's and con's and how necessary it is.

As an example if you're planning on using this with abs-ACC you're going to be using it on mobs with high eva/m.eva meaning you'll likely need to use Dark Seal, in which case you have 2 minutes and 14 secs worth of abs-ACC for every 5 minutes. If you did this for an hour or so less than half of that time you'd have your absorb spell on. That doesn't sound great to me.

Trade onyx's absorb-duration for m.acc and you can have absorb-ACC up a LOT more frequently and you'll end up with a better "absorb duration" over time.

So yes they get resisted? I never do high lv stuff on my drk yet (no AG) and so I never really see resists that I Remember on low lv stuff. Making Onyx for abs spells basically useless on ilv stuff, but useful for Scarlet :D

I am actually going to try and find a way to abuse scarlet so im after it primarily for that reason, the abs just crossed my mind as I looked at each piece increasing duration by 11 sec.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2016-07-31 23:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I keep the 5/5 set around for scarlet delirium. It's beneficial as long as you are willing to take the risk. Seeing as I am probably the only person here who actually enjoys using /war, taking a hit between 75 to 90% Health can bring a huge chunk of stopping power to your DRK.
By Ruaumoko 2016-08-01 00:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I always felt that Scarlet Delirium should work like Sublimation in that it remains active for a short space of time and 'Charges' as you take damage, capping out at a certain % then being applied as a damage buff.
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-08-07 13:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I only have enough mats to fully cap one more JSE cape for the month. I was wondering what I should do for DRK? I'm currently using Liberator only until I get enough fund for AG Apoc/Rag.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-08-08 14:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So I have finally got enough gil/plutons gathered to get my AG (either rag or apoc, Have yet to decide). I also was offered an semi good deal on argosy+1 set, just not the body, for around the same price as to AG. I am kind of torn on what to go after first. AG I feel might be most impactful, however being 4/5 on HQ argosy would also be very nice(no idea if prices will go up or fall, maybe get outdone by new gearset, etc), body can be a long term goal after AG. What would you all think to do?

To help look at the #s, the difference from nq to HQ argosy set (all A, hands D) is this....

w/ body - 50 acc, 70 att, 3 stp, 8 str/dex, and 14 double attack.
w/o body - 40 acc,, 55 att, 3 stp 6 str/dex, and 12 double attack.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2016-08-08 14:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So I have finally got enough gil/plutons gathered to get my AG (either rag or apoc, Have yet to decide). I also was offered an semi good deal on argosy+1 set, just not the body, for around the same price as to AG. I am kind of torn on what to go after first. AG I feel might be most impactful, however being 4/5 on HQ argosy would also be very nice(no idea if prices will go up or fall, maybe get outdone by new gearset, etc), body can be a long term goal after AG. What would you all think to do?

To help look at the #s, the difference from nq to HQ argosy set (all A, hands D) is this....

I would recommend doing the AG (Ragnarok) first. The difference between other weapons and the AG is a bigger difference than NQ to HQ. .
 Ragnarok.Zaryun
By Ragnarok.Zaryun 2016-08-08 15:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
I only have enough mats to fully cap one more JSE cape for the month. I was wondering what I should do for DRK? I'm currently using Liberator only until I get enough fund for AG Apoc/Rag.

I don't own a Lib so I'm sure someone out there could give you more sound advice but I'd imagine you have two choices assuming this is your first Ankou Mantle.

DEX/ACC&ATTK/STP or STR/ACC&ATTK/DA

Those are the two capes I'd think about doing first and I'd probably lean towards the STP cape as a priority. Once you have those you can start worrying about making capes for individual ws's.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-08-08 15:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I went with the dex/acc/atk/stp one first. And then like Zaryun said, the weapon skill one should follow.
 Ragnarok.Zaryun
By Ragnarok.Zaryun 2016-08-08 16:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I would go for an AG relic any day of the week over argosy +1 Aza. Argosy +1 is for the perfectionist but that doesn't mean it will make you perfect if you get what I mean? An AG relic should get you closer to "perfect" a lot quicker than HQ argosy will, while retaining it's market value for a longer period of time.

The problem with argosy is its lack of any magic.def/eva which makes it a double edged sword. Sure it's great at giving you a nice chunk of str/dex/mnd and acc/attk/da for particular ws's but that's as far as it goes. It's a last resort for TPing in if you're in a high acc situation but even then other pieces either do or can (depending on augments) beat it. I personally do TP in some argosy +1 when acc calls for it as I don't have the right alternatives (yet) and a friend of mine pretty much slaved over it so I'd feel bad if it got only an occasional macro in for Insurgency, but when I'm given the choice I don't TP in it.

Regarding which relic you should make, It's all down to what you prefer and without sounding cliche, how you play the job. If the sole purpose of your DRK is purely zerg party mayhem orientated you're going to prefer Ragnarok all day, everyday. If, however, DRK is a job you play whenever you can, in-between events and outside of parties your new best friend is Apoc. People call it a utility weapon but that doesn't do it justice.... You have your own personal WHM on hand 24/7 for the rest of your playing days. While also offering more in terms of SC's you're left with the room to MB your drain 2/3's almost at will.

I'm biased towards Apoc as that's what I went and made so I won't start comparing the two anymore than I already have until my Rag is fully AG'd, but I know which weapon I'd want if I was trying to top a parse and which I'd want if I was trying to survive. Just my 2 cents but in all honesty I think you've found yourself in a win-win situation as long as you choose a relic. Good luck!
 Siren.Flannelman
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flannelman 2016-08-08 17:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

In my opinion, the Argosy+1 set isnt so far behind as an option due to its rarity and how much it improves Resolution. Pluton supply for your Relic AG will likely be around, while your access to Argosy+1 might not. If you do consider going the Argosy route, make a Ragnarok AG. Argosy+1 isnt very good for scythe weaponskills.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-08-08 17:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Those situations where you can get 3000 tp, and skillchains don't matter (this months ambuscade), Insurgency spam is so much fun. Back-to-back with just Last Resort and haste.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-08-08 18:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

AG, either choice will bump you up serious dmg.
 Siren.Bloodlusty
Server: Siren
By Siren.Bloodlusty 2016-08-08 19:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Just glow everything simple :P
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-08-08 23:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

ok gona go for the AG! I would like to at least get rag AG before i start the argosy+1 journey, apoc can wait.

So what would you all say is the order of important of HQ argosy? Gona buy a little by little, 1 every month or so I can manage. My line of thinking is Feet>Head>Hands>Legs>Body due to stp and DA increases quicker. what you all think?
 Lakshmi.Bigt
Server: Lakshmi
user: Bigt
By Lakshmi.Bigt 2016-08-09 23:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

anybody have a weapon delay/stp calculator for x-hits? i remember seeing one a long time ago but don't know if it's still accurate
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-08-10 00:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Bigt said: »
anybody have a weapon delay/stp calculator for x-hits? i remember seeing one a long time ago but don't know if it's still accurate

181~540 delay = 61+[(Delay-180)×88÷360]
541~630 delay = 149+[(Delay-540)×20÷360]

Base TP x [1+STP/100] = Actual TP.
First Page 2 3 ... 82 83 84 ... 206 207 208