Game: FFXI
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2015-04-03 17:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll quote my post on BG about Impact
Quote:
Fenrir Impact :
All stats down lasts 3 min.
All stats down potency is calculed based on SMN skill/20 and is not a %.

Few exemples :
438 smn skill : all stats -21
500 skill : -25
519 skill : -25
520 skill : -26
575 smn skill : -28
Other informations :
It's a ranged magic attack.
All stats down accuracy seems good, I could land it constantly on VD Gessho (was a test run just for Impact) with my Pet MAB set.
It's possible to get a 3 min duration even with a 1/2 resist on damage.
Base damage is high, it's the best magic BP to use with Mana Cede or if the enemy is resisting the element of your merit BP 5/5.

Impact Vs Wild Rabbit :
0 TP : 11740
1600 TP 15125
3000 TP : 18104

Merit BP :
0 TP (1/5) : 9843
1600 TP (5/5) 13132
3000 TP : 15978
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2015-04-03 18:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

After.
They don't stack and have the same debuff icons. The most potent All stats down effect overwrites the other.
[+]
By jopa 2015-04-03 20:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Shirai said: »
[edit]
Not tomorrow apparently, but later this week.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46562-YOU-BROKE-SMN..../page3
Camate said:
Furthermore, Stunga and several other Blood Pacts whose execution timing is critical will not undergo this adjustment, and their execution delay time will remain the current duration.
Anyone know what those several other Blood Pacts were? Tried various BPs that might be considered "emergency" BPs (Rages with bind/stun/knockback, sleep Wards, healing Wards, Soothing Ruby, Pacifying Ruby, Raise II, Reraise II) and maybe only Raise II seems to be 1 second.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
Server: Asura
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-04-03 20:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

FIRST!!!!!!!!

[+]
 Phoenix.Rumblepakk
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Rumblepakk 2015-04-03 22:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

jopa said: »
Anyone know what those several other Blood Pacts were? Tried various BPs that might be considered "emergency" BPs (Rages with bind/stun/knockback, sleep Wards, healing Wards, Soothing Ruby, Pacifying Ruby, Raise II, Reraise II) and maybe only Raise II seems to be 1 second.

I believe I saw another post from them mentioning those bloodpacts to be shock squall, odin and alex. even though odin and alex arent bps..
 Ragnarok.Garota
Server: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2015-04-05 07:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure they mean Zantetsuken and Perfect Defense execution time. I hope so, because its kind of awkward casting Alexander and he just stands around for about 5 seconds before readying PD. Wonder if this counts for Atomos' Deconstruction and Chronoshift. Haven't cast any of those 3 avatars since the update myself.
[+]
 Phoenix.Rumblepakk
By Phoenix.Rumblepakk 2015-04-05 12:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it is for them haha, and it should be for Atomos. As useless as atomos is, his two BPs should be super fast.
[+]
By jopa 2015-04-06 15:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks. Is there still enough time to Mana Cede before Odin uses Zantetsuken?
By Kooljack 2015-04-06 17:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just asking whats the dmg difference between say a keraunos vs a nirvana on say exactly same conditions papasse shows his 11min yorcia run with. just any type of speculation would be appreciated. I'm curious how much of a dmg difference it would be between the two. any info or speculation plz share
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-04-07 08:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I finally landed this beauty.

[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-04-07 09:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

No +MP on that Q_Q
But I think I'm gonna get one eventually and use it in place of Mujin Obi for Physical BPs.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-04-07 09:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
No +MP on that Q_Q
But I think I'm gonna get one eventually and use it in place of Mujin Obi for Physical BPs.

Yeah, I'm still doing some testing but that may be the direction I go as well.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-04-07 09:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd love me some pet: Haste on that thing more actually.
But yeah, definitely my new Physical/Hybrid Rage and Enfeebling pact piece once I get my mitts on that.
By honeycomb 2015-04-07 16:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Was wondering whats best af3 gear to upgrade all or just couple pieces?
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-04-08 04:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're really picky, go for feet and legs.
Feet for the insane perpetuation, Elemental Siphon return and Avatar: Magic Accuracy.
Legs for the insane Summoning Magic skill it offers.

I'd say head is a solid third place for the extra Avatar's Favor tier and the slightly higher defensive values it has over Convoker's +1.

The body is good for a high skill/Favor build, but offers only 2 more skill than Anhur Robe.
That said, it is the best body in the game to use for Fenrir's Impact as Summoning Magic skill influences the stats down effect as shown by Papesse earlier and it has +BP damage on it to boot.

The hands are not really worth upgrading unless you are a completionist.
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-04-08 05:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
That said, it is the best body in the game to use for Fenrir's Impact as Summoning Magic skill influences the stats down effect as shown by Papesse earlier and it has +BP damage on it to boot.

Well, that will entirely depend on whether or not the +skill is making you go up a bracket. You may still prefer a helios bp dmg/matk, or, helios matk/summoning skill.

Even after that, you may judge the -1 all stats to not be worth the potentially huge loss of damage.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-04-08 05:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair though, while Impact can deal quite decent damage there's still the 222 MP cost to consider. (With the examples given by Papesse Impact is 52.8 damage per MP at 0TP, where a 1/5 merit pact comes to 54.0 damage per MP. And merit pacts only get farther ahead from there, albeit slightly.)

Apart from that I consider Impact a utility more than a Damage dealing pact. Therefore I only use it in party/alliance situations.
When you have multiple people taking down a NM or boss the stats down effect becomes considerably noticeable and for that I am more than willing to sacrifice my own damage.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-04-08 06:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So given the stats down is related to SMN skill tiers, we can rule out the use of Pet: Macc?
 Fenrir.Ezrah
Server: Fenrir
user: Ezrah
By Fenrir.Ezrah 2015-04-08 07:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

heya im sort of up and comin on smn. I want to get my seraphicaller however. Whats the best or easiest fight to get it from? I have other job options for fights. ideally id be duoing with another smn with eminent satchet, and some helios gear. we both need the 119 ammo! any advice would be awesome. thanks!
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-04-08 07:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say the easiest way is doing the Tenzen BCNM.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-04-08 07:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Gessho is even easier than Tenzen.
 Fenrir.Ezrah
By Fenrir.Ezrah 2015-04-08 07:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

these for standard groups ya? what about duo smn with eminent sachets?
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-04-08 08:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, since last update I'm not too sure how easy it is to solo/duo anymore.
Before last update I'd have said that they should be very doable on at least the "Very Easy" if not "Easy" settings, however March's enmity update changed things so dramatically that I pick hate from my avatar with mere melee swings even after dealing a multiple thousand damage Blood Pact.
And not just in Vagary.

You're better off donning yourself in sparks gear on one of your other jobs and ask friends or shout for people to help you farm/clear one of those on normal, or at the least bring a tank along if you're still set on doing this with your summoner buddy.
 Fenrir.Ezrah
By Fenrir.Ezrah 2015-04-08 10:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

oh i have 119 gear for all my jobs i just dont have the 119 ammo for smn. i was looking to get it and one for my wifes smn hence the duo. we do have a friend who has run we could trio. yet VE and E prolly wont drop the 119 ammo. so maybe i should reword it. any idea what might we be able to clear on normal with trio? or should i just try to hop on a full group shout?
 Ragnarok.Garota
Server: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2015-04-08 10:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Communication is important in douing as SMNs. A buddy and I were both lacking our Esper Earring and we word occasionally have help from others, but majority of the time we ran our Legion runs in Muru, we'd be on our own. Skillchains are a HUGE help in taking down almost anything. So I'd recommend determining who's going to open and who will close. Garuda and Ifrit are a good combo, Ramuh can be a good replacement for Garuda. Light skillchains work best with Ifrit closing. If your avatars are about to die, resummon in intervals if possible, try to keep one Avatar on your target at all times. Make sure your wife knows you're resummoning and that you know when she's doing so too. Garuda has slightly higher survivability due to Whispering Wind. If either of you is running low on MP, use your Elemental Siphon while the other tanks the target for a brief moment. Make use of Apogee, both of you should use this job ability together to make two Light skillchains in quick succession. Finally, just burn through your Astral Flow/Astral Conduit if you know you won't be using them later within the next hour. It will be tough to set up skillchains during this short time frame, just knock out as many bloodpacts as you can during AC. Ideally, each of you should just use these abilities by yourself rather than in tandem.
 Phoenix.Rumblepakk
By Phoenix.Rumblepakk 2015-04-08 10:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the update made it alot easier for soloing or duoing for obvious reasons...

I was able to before, but now soloing Ouryu on Easy is... well... easy. I know not everybody has a Nirvana like myself but with all this new gear I'm sure it can be done.

Strategy is the key!
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-04-08 10:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Rumblepakk said: »
I think the update made it alot easier for soloing or duoing for obvious reasons...

I was able to before, but now soloing Ouryu on Easy is... well... easy. I know not everybody has a Nirvana like myself but with all this new gear I'm sure it can be done.

Strategy is the key!

Hear hear!
First Page 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50