The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 48 49 50
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-12-22 01:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I went for weatherspoon myself, even if I have all pet jobs.
For PUP the pet ring isn't really that awesome, can easily reach pet haste cap with very good melee gear (Hybrid sets).
For BST I haven't looked in a while but if we factor the bonus from Familiar it's probably the same situation.
For SMN it's different of course, but honestly while we can't ignore avatar TP damage anymore, I don't think it's as important as it is on BST and PUP.

Of course there's also the other bonuses, it's not just haste, and they help fpr physical BPs for sure, but given how little relevance attack has on physical BP I'm not sure if it's such a big difference in the end.
I would have been more interested if the ring had pet Mab +20 and pet Macc+20, especially the macc for sticking Avatar debuffs on high level targets.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2014-12-24 01:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I have read often that the Attack does next to nothing for physical BPs while it's in fact the main reason explaining why avatars do 4-5 times less damage on higher level content.

What happens when Attack is capped on BPs.
YouTube Video Placeholder

In a similar situation, Predator Claws / Volt Strike average 11,000-18,000 damage on Incursion MB (133), Flaming Crush 22,000~36,000 (123... I haven't tested at a higher lvl yet but Gramk is extremely resistant to the fire element).
[+]
By Crevox 2014-12-24 02:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Just using GEO and other debuffs to lower mob defense?
 Lakshmi.Fobby
Server: Lakshmi
user: Fobby
By Lakshmi.Fobby 2014-12-24 02:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

papesse, can I like steal your gear? That damage is salivating.
By Chyula 2014-12-24 05:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

makes me want to try a cor+geo+thf+smnx3 setup. just have to time the bp for skill chain. I assume thf is there for feint, geo for defense down and magic defense down?, and cor for bst/pup rolls and light shot.
By Zoltar 2014-12-24 08:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Christ, did I see 48xxx Flaming Crush??!

So much win right there! Respect.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Garota
Server: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2014-12-24 08:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

@Carbuncle.Papesse That's amazingly impressive. Got a few questions about the video for you. What type of food did you use? What rolls did did that COR give you? Which bubbles is the GEO using? I'm assuming you used Crimson Howl. The only time I've been able to do similar damage solo~ish was a 24k Flaming Crush on WKR's Kumhau after a 3000 TP Garland of Bliss for Nirvana's Aftermath. I wanna be able to do that kinda damage you do too.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-12-24 09:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
I have read often that the Attack does next to nothing
It's more than there's very little gear offering large amounts of attack, if any, and that with the same numbers Mab produces a more noticeable difference in damage.

Using fake numbers to make an example:

If to get a 1% damage increase for magic BPs all it takes is 1 pet Mab, to get 1% damage increase for physical BPs it would take more than 5 attack.

Again, I used fake numbers to make a silly example, but the concept is true and I think that's what people really mean when they say that Attack has little relevance on physical BPs.
Because we only get small amounts options at the moment, and because it requires large amounts to make a difference.
Once you do, of course, it does play a pretty nice role.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2014-12-25 02:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

There was no THF, acc isn't really a problem now I think.
Buffs and debuffs that were used :
Beast Roll, Puppet Roll, Bolster Indi-Frailty, Geo-Torpor, Entrust Indi-Precision (I feared Shattersoul will miss but I could have used Flash Nova or asked Konzen-ittai), Dia IV, Akamochi, Crimson Howl, Astral Flow (10/10 JPs), Astral Conduit (10/10 JPs).
With a 11 on rolls, Malaise, Gambit and Nirvana AM3 it should probably be possible to reach 60~70k on Utkux and many other monsters not resistant to fire (unless they have high PDT/MDT traits).
[+]
 Ragnarok.Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2014-12-25 09:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome! It makes sense now why you had Astral Flow up, I hadn't thought of that. Essentially all Avatar stats +30. That really is one pretty beefed up Ifrit. But maybe a Flash Nova isn't as great just for a single Light skillchain, Shattersoul's M.Def down plus subsequent Fragmentation and Light skillchains seems like a better choice.
By Acacia 2014-12-27 13:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like there might be a new Yinyang Robe in the January update :)
The new Unity NM, Douma Weapon, looks like the equivalent of Shikigami Weapon.
By Zoltar 2014-12-27 14:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Acacia said: »
Looks like there might be a new Yinyang Robe in the January update :)
The new Unity NM, Douma Weapon, looks like the equivalent of Shikigami Weapon.

I swear if you get my hopes up LOL...

Watch them make a -perp body with Refresh +2/3 to go with Assiduity Pants and totally piss off people like me who sunk lots of gils into Hagondes Coat +1
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-12-27 14:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Do we really need more -perp gear? I already have -18 and I don't even own a Nirvana :x
Unless they also pack more than 10 SMN skill in it, I'm not sure I'd be interested in an ilevel Yinyang Robe with -perp and +ref
[+]
By Acacia 2014-12-27 14:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I would be happy with a Yinyang Robe that could replace my Hagondes Coat +1... it just looks cooler, haha.
[+]
By Zoltar 2014-12-27 14:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

No, we don't need more -perp gear, with or without Nirvana. The growing trend is combined -perp/refresh gears. The ability for a SMN to have an avatar out and maintain an ~8-10/tick refresh is pretty gnarly
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-12-27 15:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I would be happy with a Yinyang Robe that could replace my Hagondes Coat +1... it just looks cooler, haha.
I'm pretty nostalgic about my Yinyang robe from the level 75 era, I'll admit that.

But in all honesty, if I put off the nostalgia goggles, it's the model/textures of a level 40 body for MNK, SAM and NIN. Looks good on one of those jobs, it's a bit "strange" on a summoner though, not very mage-y :x

Dunno, my first impact with this possible news is: "*** that, give us reforged empy!!!1!one!" but alas we know they are not coming anytime soon, so we just gotta wait as they buy time with these temporary rehashed, low budget content.
/sigh...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2014-12-27 16:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

All unity NMs have been derived from another NM and their coffers have dropped their token item equivalent as well as one additional item. Assiduity Pants' counterpart are Magic Slacks which dropped from Intulo, their only distinguishing stats were INT+2 MND+2 and Enchantment: Restore MP. The choice to add Refresh instead of a limited enchantment was a great choice. However, I don't know how they decided to add Perp reduction but I'm grateful for it. As far as Douma Weapon goes, I have no clue how they'll modify an iLv119 Yinyang Robe +1, but I'm certainly looking forward to it. I will be more than slightly upset if they decide to make it equipable by other jobs aside from Summoner. This means that Douma Weapon's alternate drop will have to be hightly desirable by others who don't play Summoner.

To compare the original robe's stats to potential upgrade, we can expect it should include equivalents of MP+25 Adds "Refresh" effect "Blood Pact" ability delay -5 Avatar: Enmity+5 maybe? Some of those stats may be excluded/replaced completely but I feel like Refresh HAS to stay. Maybe it'll appear as Unity Ranking: Refresh +2-3. But Yeah, I agree with @Asura.Sechs, there's really no need for Perp- on it. Summoning Skill significantly higher than 12 would be great. Don't think I'd like to replace Convoker's Doublet and its BP Damage+12. Higher BP II reduction would make Glyphic obsolete but I'd totally welcome that. Enmity for avatar feels meh. Attack, Accuracy, Mag Accuracy, and Magic Attack Bonus can all be obtained with Hagondes augments. Haste would be be okay, perhaps Damage Taken or Regen would be nice but not necessary. Guess we'll just hafta wait and see what they decide to do.
[+]
By Zoltar 2014-12-27 17:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I want it to have Perp -5, Refresh +2~3, Pet: Haste+5, Acc/Att+20

A guy can dream.
By Acacia 2014-12-27 18:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
But in all honesty, if I put off the nostalgia goggles, it's the model/textures of a level 40 body for MNK, SAM and NIN. Looks good on one of those jobs, it's a bit "strange" on a summoner though, not very mage-y :x
That's actually what I loved most about it, haha. It's unique for mages and now that no one ever uses lv40 armor it's unique in general.

As for there being perpetuation down on it, that would be nice for Nirvana users. Having refresh and perpetuation together in the body slot can cap our perpetuation while keeping our refresh high and all our other slots free for whatever.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2014-12-28 21:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

More insane Flaming Crush damage.

Bolster was the only 1hr used but Ifrit was maybe already atk capped.

And...
YouTube Video Placeholder

The RUN did Gambit with 3 fire runes and Odyllic Subterfuge to increase the chances of resisting debuffs, mostly Flash. This SP is almost as good as PD or Asylum.
I should have asked the WHM to /SMN for Mewing Lullaby MB before zerg too. Cait Sith can have some situational uses with her TP reset BP since it always lands and can totally prevent the enemy from using TP moves, unless it has high a auto-regain or melees feeding it TP. It's not shown on the video but Wopket was aggro'd by mistake, we held it for almost 10 min while we were killing links, building TP, buffing etc and no TP move was used with Cait Sith's BP.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2014-12-28 21:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoltar said: »
I want it to have Perp -5, Refresh +2~3, Pet: Haste+5, Acc/Att+20

A guy can dream.

Decided I'd make my own dream iLv119 Yinyang Robe +1, however, I replaced the Perp-5 with something better.

The NQ would have:
Unity: Refresh+2, BP II-2 Smn+15 Avatar: Acc+20 Atk+20 Double+2% Triple+2% Quadruple+2% Haste+3%

And the HQ would have:
By Chyula 2014-12-28 22:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

you forgot C.Rate and bp damage.
[+]
 Bahamut.Shirai
Server: Bahamut
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2014-12-29 03:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I too am anxiously awaiting the return of the Yinyang Robe, I'm not guessing at the stats yet though.
By Acacia 2014-12-29 11:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
More insane Flaming Crush damage.
Wow... so did that kill ADL before he could do his first split?
 Carbuncle.Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2014-12-29 17:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

There are certainly other ways to improve Flaming Crush damage, I didn't use Astral Flow / Conduit on ADL so I was missing 30 STR and 10% BP DMG. Another COR could Fire Shot x2 with Navarch's Bottes +2 which will increase fire dmg by 20% for 10 seconds (2-3 BPs). I completely forgot Impact spell too.

Wow... so did that kill ADL before he could do his first split?
Yes lol
[+]
By jopa 2014-12-30 14:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So for Raise II/Reraise II/Pacifying Ruby, it would be OK to switch to Esper Stone +1 for Blood Boon? Those BPs are completely fixed, right?
By Acacia 2014-12-30 15:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

jopa said: »
So for Raise II/Reraise II/Pacifying Ruby, it would be OK to switch to Esper Stone +1 for Blood Boon? Those BPs are completely fixed, right?
You can use Esper Stone +1 for any BP Ward if you want. None of them take into account iLvl. Your avatar will just be more vulnerable while it's on.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2014-12-30 15:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

jopa said: »

Every BP: Ward.
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 48 49 50