Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2014-11-13 06:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Empyrean Armor
Hands ==> meh

I'm going to call you on the "Meh" part a here.
You will want to have these for Mana Cede, while situational it's a nice 2000 TP off the bat for those uncapped merit pacts. (If you have them.)
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-11-13 07:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh! Not that I disagree with you mijn vriendje but as I said multiple times the stuff I suggested was just for initial, minimal, unavoidable gear to start with SMN at decent levels.
It never meant to be a guide for optimal and situational gear, we have the first post in the thread for that.

I do use Caller's Hands+2 myself of course, but I don't think that an item that enhances a very very situational JA with 5 mins cooldown is exactely what I meant for "basic gear", if you get what I mean :x
I think that's exactely one of the nice but perfectly skippable pieces for someone who's just starting with SMN.
He'll have more than enough time to get that and many many many other pieces once and if he decides he wants to take his SMN to the next level, no?
 Sylph.Talon
Server: Sylph
user: udamon420
By Sylph.Talon 2014-11-13 16:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Given the right circumstances, Shattersoul > Apogee Flaming Crush (Fragmention) > Flaming Crush (Light) can be a decent combo for solo.

Beast mode as always Papesse. Question for you. Did you build a custom GS for SMN?

Best,

Talon
By Zoltar 2014-11-13 20:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Averaged 3-4k light skillchains tonight whilst doing AAs. Gotta say it's a nice improvement to SMN...
 Phoenix.Elizabet
Server: Phoenix
user: Elizabet
By Phoenix.Elizabet 2014-11-13 22:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So what's your stance now? Do you try to sync up with other melees in your group for BP?

Since they now SC, you can fook a SAM's Self SC, or you can SC off of his WS. Have you change the way you play?

What about Ifrit's Favor, Warcry Ward BP, and FCrushes how are you rolling it all out in "non-pet only" regular party dynamics?
 Lakshmi.Fobby
Server: Lakshmi
user: Fobby
By Lakshmi.Fobby 2014-11-13 23:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

question for all the GS smns out there. I've got a midcast set for BP rage physical, BP rage magic. Is there a way to make a set specifically for Flaming Crush? I've been using the template off of bg forums and my set is written as
sets.midcast.Pet.PhysicalBloodPactRage['Flaming Crush'] = {main="Nirvana",ammo="Seraphicaller",head="Glyphic Horn +1",neck="Eidolon Pendant",ear2="Andoaa Earring",body="Convoker's Doublet +1",hands="Auspex gages",ring1="Fervor Ring",ring2="Thurandaut Ring",back="Samanisi Cape",waist="Mujin Obi",legs="Ngen Seraweels",feet="Convoker's Pigaches +1"}.

Gearswap won't read it specifically for the blood pact. :(

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2014-11-14 01:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been doing Ukko's Fury -> Flaming Crush -> Tachi: Fudo for double light with ls when we ADL farm. It tears through the nms in about 10 seconds lol. Definitely one of my favorite updates in a long time. Can't wait until we get the new bloodpacts now!
By TrickedAsura 2014-11-14 19:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Papesse, what is your flaming crush set?
By Zoltar 2014-11-14 19:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Is 40 seconds the lowest BP delay recast?

Just making sure I'm capped...
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-11-14 20:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

37 was the lowest though might have changed with JSE cape augments.

Edit: Yeah can get BP delay II on the cape so around 34 secs.
By Zoltar 2014-11-14 20:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I have every piece of -delay gear and my cape has -delay II -3, my timers still report -40

I'm not using ToM staves though, wonder if that's why...
By Crevox 2014-11-14 21:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Normal -delay caps at -15 (45s), Seraphicaller pushes -5(40s), Glyphic Doublet +1 is another -2 (38s) and Glyphic Pigaches -1s (37s). The JSE augments then do another -3 to 34s.

That's all you need. ToM staves are irrelevant.
[+]
By Crevox 2014-11-14 21:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
In the next version update we will be introducing various new Blood Pacts including Hastega II.
Quote:
In the next version update we will be introducing various new Blood Pacts including Hastega II.
Quote:
Quote:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/45061-Freshly-Picked-Vana-diel-13-Digest?p=531779&viewfull=1#post531779

I would've spammed it more out of excitement, but I had to hold myself back.
[+]
 Siren.Noxzema
Server: Siren
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2014-11-14 22:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, he didn't mention the supposed favor potency boost, so I wonder if it was a mistranslation in the notes, or if it wasn't actually implemented yet.
By Zoltar 2014-11-15 07:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Crevox said: »
Normal -delay caps at -15 (45s), Seraphicaller pushes -5(40s), Glyphic Doublet +1 is another -2 (38s) and Glyphic Pigaches -1s (37s). The JSE augments then do another -3 to 34s.

That's all you need. ToM staves are irrelevant.

I have ALL of that. Still seeing 40 seconds. Hmmm

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By minikomby 2014-11-16 11:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

is safe to use avatar favor now on our avatars? and what is the effect and boost on BP after the update?
By Crevox 2014-11-16 12:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

minikomby said: »
is safe to use avatar favor now on our avatars? and what is the effect and boost on BP after the update?

The perp cost of your Avatar will increase unless you're at maximum -perp (-14), but besides that, there is no penalty. Using BPs increases potency tiers based on MP consumed; there hasn't been any general consensus made on how much MP = how many tiers.

If you want the most out of your favor, you'll be idling in skill/Caller's Horn +2 gear which may hurt your refresh or other idle stats, but that's about it.
By minikomby 2014-11-16 20:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

and avatar fevor no decay this after BPs sound good i guess useful just in a couple avatars, ifrit and ramuh if fevor apply on BPs
 Bahamut.Shirai
Server: Bahamut
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2014-11-17 03:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 330696

This is my current Favor set, it should floor perpetuation and put your summoning magic skill at 514, which is 2 above the currently known cap assuming that you don't have summoning magic skill merited and the Conveyance cape is unaugmented.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Fobby
By Lakshmi.Fobby 2014-11-18 03:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

most fun and dmg i've been doing is on Dynamis Lord via Shattersoul, Apogee Flaming Crush, Flaming Crush. Initial Fragmentation does around 15k, added with 2nd Flaming Crush of 25k, makes light 41k. Have yet to see higher but I expect it'll happen eventually.

Basically 2 shots DL. salute to the old days of 36man dynamis runs lol
By Zoltar 2014-11-18 08:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Fobby said: »
most fun and dmg i've been doing is on Dynamis Lord via Shattersoul, Apogee Flaming Crush, Flaming Crush. Initial Fragmentation does around 15k, added with 2nd Flaming Crush of 25k, makes light 41k. Have yet to see higher but I expect it'll happen eventually.

Basically 2 shots DL. salute to the old days of 36man dynamis runs lol

Any chance you have that macro'd or willing to share how much delay between Apogee, first FC and second FC?

Only asking because I realized I'm really bad at timing BPs to close skillchains and for big fights I don't want mistakes.

Tell me if this sounds right (pseudo macro)

/ws shattersoul
/wait 3
/ja apogee
/bp rage fc
/wait 3
/bp rage fc
By Acacia 2014-11-18 09:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Remove the wait between the WS and the first BP and you should be good.
By Zoltar 2014-11-18 11:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet thanks, gonna practice tonight. I've only ever seen Lights go high as 13-14k with FC, hoping to do better with practice

I was looking at it again and might just Apogee first, WS then FC, might avoid timing issues
 Lakshmi.Fobby
By Lakshmi.Fobby 2014-11-18 11:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoltar, sometimes I'll pop Apogee before I think about using WS (so timer can start cooling down). Because of how skillchain damage is additive, I would think having flaming crushes next to each other would provide the best damage over a flimsy Shattersoul.
By Acacia 2014-11-18 12:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Fobby said: »
Zoltar, sometimes I'll pop Apogee before I think about using WS (so timer can start cooling down). Because of how skillchain damage is additive, I would think having flaming crushes next to each other would provide the best damage over a flimsy Shattersoul.
Skillchain damage is not additive. It's a percentage of the last WS in the chain, minus any resistances. The percentage is based on SC level and the number of WS in the chain.
[+]
By Zoltar 2014-11-18 12:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I was pretty sure you would want a heavy-dmg-as-possible Shattersoul and heavy FCs...
 Siren.Noxzema
Server: Siren
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2014-11-18 19:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So, camate posted about favor again, though unless he means they raised the cap to 577+horn, it goes against our testing...

Quote:
We have in fact increased the upper limit on the effects of Avatar’s Favor, but in order to reach this new tier you will have to surpass 512 summoning skill. We understand that at the moment it is difficult to procure the equipment to achieve 513+ summoning skill, but we will be making adjustments moving forward so you can aim for higher summoning skill numbers.

Also, to clarify what has already been stated, using Blood Pacts will push the effect of Avatar’s Favor through the tiers more quickly to reach the maximum effect that coincides with your summoning skill.
By FaeQueenCory 2014-11-18 19:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Noxzema said: »
So, camate posted about favor again, though unless he means they raised the cap to 577+horn, it goes against our testing...

Quote:
We have in fact increased the upper limit on the effects of Avatar’s Favor, but in order to reach this new tier you will have to surpass 512 summoning skill. We understand that at the moment it is difficult to procure the equipment to achieve 513+ summoning skill, but we will be making adjustments moving forward so you can aim for higher summoning skill numbers.

Also, to clarify what has already been stated, using Blood Pacts will push the effect of Avatar’s Favor through the tiers more quickly to reach the maximum effect that coincides with your summoning skill.
Have people tested >512+horn and Favor?
We didn't know about the existence of the extra tier before now... And I'm assuming on his part that it doesn't account for Caller's Horn +2. (Eg: Camate saying the former "highest" tier was with 512+. Then add the +2 from Caller's Horn +2....)
But then again...
He didn't say that didn't include the horn... So... Bluh.
I wonder if it will be a nice 600 like Alexander, or if it's gonna be more ugly numbers like it has been... (My money is on ugly numbers.)
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 48 49 50