New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 48 49 50
By kenshynofshiva 2014-08-06 13:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You would need at least 20-25% haste to even try to measure in the chat log using those time stamps. Still would have a large margin of error but would be changing haste large enough to measure. Now maybe if you used lua code and setup a millisecond timer could show a smaller change but you still would need a large sample size due to lag.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lies,_damned_lies,_and_statistics
By Pantafernando 2014-08-10 03:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

To enhance avatrs favor, callers horn must be keep full time or just when avatar favor is used? Also, smn skill+ gear must be used at command or be kept full time?
Thanks in advance.
By FaeQueenCory 2014-08-10 05:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The extra favor tier is only there when Caller's Horn +2 is worn.
Taking it off removes the extra Favor tier, remember Favor takes a bit to fully charge up.
[+]
 Bahamut.Slytribal
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Slykun
By Bahamut.Slytribal 2014-08-13 09:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

After having a debate with someone in game, I was directed to the fact that BGWiki states "Summoning Magic skill determines the spell interruption rate of Summoning Magic spells, and the accuracy and potency of spells and abilities used by the summoned avatar or spirit or the summoner themselves."

Now, I've been certain for years that it was just Accuracy/Magic Accuracy that was affected, and then the potency of the Avatar's Favor among the other things. I have now been told to gear skill > low mab pieces such in magical blood pacts for instance as skill = mab.

Now, this guide, and other sources that I found state again that it's just the accuracy as I had thought. So I would just like to clarify whether or not the Summoning Skill directly influences damage, or should I keep my MAB gear in my sets for when I don't need said accuracy?
 Siren.Noxzema
Server: Siren
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2014-08-13 15:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I just did a real quick test, with just Nirvana and Seraphicaller Night Terror did 2857 to the rabbits outside adoulin, added 86 skill and it was still 2857. With MAB+22 I got 3206, and even +1 MAB gives 2872.
 Asura.Ajirha
Server: Asura
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2014-08-13 18:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

summoning magic skill does not enhance potency or accuracy... ppl need to stop wishing for what's not here.

noxzema showed it didnt do anythign for magical ones.
and if you use the check param on your pet you'll see that skill doesnt do anythign for avatar's stats.

puposefully left out the seraphicaller and checked myself naked for the following :
used an alt that's smn 99, 340 skill. ifrit has acc 478, att 530, eva 424 and def 420.
used my main that's smn 99, 433 skill. ifrit has acc 503 (including +15 from merit and +10 from job point. so still 478 base), att 530, eva 424 and def 420.
used my main again, equiped +90 smn skill and +28 avatar acc. ifrit now has acc 531 (478 +15 +10 +28), att 530, eva 424 and def 420.
a pity the checkparam doesnt give out the magic acc and att of teh pets. it would help, but from my experience in delv II and in general in the ilv content, pet magic acc gear is the onyl thing that makes the difference to land debuffs (all of them, magical acc! even if you need physical acc or ranged acc to land the hit, the added effect debuff is magic acc). not skill.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-08-13 18:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly.

Except no, not at all.
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-08-13 18:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Leneth said:
SMN Skill over cap only increases ACC and MACC on Blood Pacts.
http://www.playonline.com/pcd/update/ff11us/20061017UJ0a71/detail.html
Not sure if the new command can capture that though.

"*Players can experience increased accuracy when using Blood Pact: Rage or lengthened effect durations when using Blood Pact: Ward. The length of the duration increased varies depending on which Blood Pact is used, but will not exceed 180 seconds."

We obviously know the latter to be true. Sitting with your avatar out idling doesn't prove anything, and Noxzema was saying it didn't increase Attack/MAB which was never part of the main argument, just a misconception by another poster.
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-08-13 19:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asked this back in Febuary, so I'll repost the answer.

Bismarck.Leneth said: »
Asura.Ackeronll said: »
Wasn't SMN skill over cap supposed to increase Acc and Attack?
SMN Skill over cap only increases ACC and MACC on Blood Pacts.
http://www.playonline.com/pcd/update/ff11us/20061017UJ0a71/detail.html
Not sure if the new command can capture that though.

Edit: Beaten to the punch.
 Bahamut.Slytribal
By Bahamut.Slytribal 2014-08-13 19:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for that link and answers, I knew the claim of it also effecting attack/MAB bugged me for good reason.
By kenshynofshiva 2014-08-15 15:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So pet macc + 30 mab 100 crit +2 vs pet mab 120? How much is the macc needed with 119 Seraphicaller? So many options so little time...
 Siren.Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2014-08-16 18:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on what you're doing, for my debuffs I use 514 skill, and +44 macc and land almost all of them on difficult DM, for VD I use a Shiromochi and can land most (though I have Nirvana, no way of knowing how much macc that lvl +2 gives until SE adds that to /checkparam).
By kenshynofshiva 2014-08-16 19:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Noxzema said: »
Depends on what you're doing, for my debuffs I use 514 skill, and +44 macc and land almost all of them on difficult DM, for VD I use a Shiromochi and can land most (though I have Nirvana, no way of knowing how much macc that lvl +2 gives until SE adds that to /checkparam).

Shiromochi gives macc? I did not know that.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-08-17 04:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiromochi gives macc? Since when? Has this been tested? Would be awesome if true but I'm a bit skeptic.

Also noticed on page 1 Pet Mab+15 is listed as max for Hagondes NQ stones. I got mab+23 on head with an nq stone.

As far as te Skill conversion discussion that's been going on over the last page, the original Text released in the patch notes by SE is very incomplete and doesn't really say (or deny) a lot.
A recent test performed on BG (by Tachi? Tarage? A couple of people but I forgot their names) showed how the Smn skill conversion applies ALSO to Magic Accuracy. They tested Blood Pact Ward debuff, and indeed with a lot of skill they were sticking more often than without skill.
It's pretty safe to say that the same exact thing applies even for magical BP Rage.
What we don't know is the skill > macc conversion ratio, but I'd say it's safe to assume it's something like all similar conversions, so 1 > 0.9.
This kinda makes it slightly worse than Acc and Macc, but it works on both and it also works for other things.

Either way, I wouldn't worry too much about this, SE has announced they intend to do something about the skill thing so it has a larger impact, I'm sure we'll see something new in the next few patches.
By kenshynofshiva 2014-08-18 08:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I did learn one thing Shiromochi gives nice RACC for the player as well lol. I was on my rng and sitting outside and thought I try it for gins 993 - 1063 70 racc not bad for that cheap lol.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-08-18 14:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes Shiromochi was meant for all pet jobs, which includes PUP too, so it makes sense for it to give Racc too.
Likewise the att food gives ratt too iir.
By kenshynofshiva 2014-08-18 15:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I was thinking just to the pet not also to the master tho whats a pup gonna do with racc and rattk toss them no skill pebbles lol. Lol actually c+ >.> SE I love ya what a troll.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-08-18 15:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw you guys sure on leafSLIT giving Elemental Siphon?
They're very expensive, I'd rather be sure before I trash gazilions there.

@Kenofshyva
hahaha well it's a bit silly yes, but it's a consequence of the food givin the same buff to pet and master. Hardly makes sense for SMN, partially does for BST and PUP I guess
 Bismarck.Leneth
By Bismarck.Leneth 2014-08-18 16:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Btw you guys sure on leafSLIT giving Elemental Siphon?
They're very expensive, I'd rather be sure before I trash gazilions there.
There were 2 reports at BGforum about it, one being from Tachi (the 25 one) so it should be reliable.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-08-18 17:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the highest reported Mab that you've seen? 19?
17 that I've seen, 16 from my own stones (that I trashed for my current 14... someone shoot me plz)

I'm wondering if it can go past 20.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2014-08-18 17:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I must confess not being sure anymore if I traded a Leafslit or a Leafdim Stone to get that Elemental Siphon +25 augment, another confirmation would be welcome.
 Bismarck.Leneth
By Bismarck.Leneth 2014-08-18 17:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

17 that I've seen, 16 from my own stones (that I trashed for my current 14... someone shoot me plz)

The JP wiki reports pet: MAB 19 on a snoworb+1. But they might be assuming stuff as they list exactly the same numbers for player stats and pet stats on everything.

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
I must confess not being sure anymore if I traded a Leafslit or a Leafdim Stone to get that Elemental Siphon +25 augment, another confirmation would be welcome.
The other report from BGforum
By kenshynofshiva 2014-08-19 08:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

my snoworbs +1/+2 have been horrible could the job you are on effect the outcome of the trade?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-08-19 10:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It "could" but at the same time I seriously doubt it.
Got all my augments when I was either on DNC or BRD.

I'm more surprised by the fact I didn't get a single Pet: Mab augment in over 30 stones and then got 4 out or 6 Pet: mab when using them during watersday waning crescent 12%. But then again that too is very very very very likely just a coincidence.

Until SE says or hints something specifically about it, I'll remain very skeptic that there is any way to "control" what kind of Augment you get other than the type of stone you use.

Might be worth asking it on the official forums though, there's that tiny chance we might get an official reply clarifying wether or not there are other aspects being accounted in the randomization process. (other than the weapon and stones used)
 Siren.Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2014-08-19 13:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »
Siren.Noxzema said: »

Shiromochi gives macc? I did not know that.

Oops, guess I worded that poorly, wasn't trying to say that it gave macc, but that its the only difference between my VD and D setup.
 Phoenix.Gerrott
Server: Phoenix
user: Gerrott
By Phoenix.Gerrott 2014-08-19 14:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I just received Pet MAB +20 from a Snoworb +2. So goes to atleast 20.
By Chyula 2014-08-19 14:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

No one care about smn job unless SE add a haste trait to pet, and with gears that bring it to near haste cap, but then people will complain group will only bring pet job to zerg everything down.
 Bahamut.Slytribal
By Bahamut.Slytribal 2014-08-19 14:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
No one care about smn job unless SE add a haste trait to pet, and with gears that bring it to near haste cap, but then people will complain group will only bring pet job to zerg everything down.

I have no idea what you're taking, but must be good
By Chyula 2014-08-19 16:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Slytribal said: »
Chyula said: »

I have no idea what you're taking, but must be good

If that peanut is too small to operate, I'll spoon feed you with all the problem with smn. #1 DoT #2 DoT #3 you got it DoT!, if they add a haste trait to pet and combine gear pet haste to make pet reaching the haste cap, then SMN will become over power because you can basically throw unlimited recast of pets to almost anything if pet can generate good DoT.
By Pantafernando 2014-08-19 16:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you are very bored today arent you, chyula?
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 48 49 50