First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 48 49 50
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-02-24 17:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Leneth said: »
SMN Skill over cap only increases ACC and MACC on Blood Pacts.
http://www.playonline.com/pcd/update/ff11us/20061017UJ0a71/detail.html
Not sure if the new command can capture that though.

8 posts ago.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2014-02-27 05:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally after all this waiting, we will get Cait Sith in the March Version Update. I'm gonna predict now that her Favor ability is gonna be regain, and I hope the Cait Sith accessories are good... after making a pact with her :p
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-02-27 07:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
Finally after all this waiting, we will get Cait Sith in the March Version Update. I'm gonna predict now that her Favor ability is gonna be regain, and I hope the Cait Sith accessories are good... after making a pact with her :p

That might make SMNs a great support job class actually cause if it follows even diabolos which scales the least that is 5 TP per tic.

I'm pretty sure though it would just end up being a carby replacement to make us have a light avatar equal to the others.
 Asura.Pixel
user: Avalyn
By Asura.Pixel 2014-02-27 12:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
Bismarck.Zuidar said: »

That might make SMNs a great support job class actually cause if it follows even diabolos which scales the least that is 5 TP per tic.

I'm pretty sure though it would just end up being a carby replacement to make us have a light avatar equal to the others.

I want to believe but... This is SE. They'd more than likely say it doesn't work on tiers and we'll get a flat 1-2 TP. I bet they'll make it a PAX or Auspice effect instead :-P
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2014-02-27 14:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Adding a regain ability to Avatar's Favor would not improve the jobs current position as a support job much. We simply have too many other, more useful abilities that we should be using in most relevant content that the idea of even maintaining an avatar simply for regain is absurd.
 Bismarck.Killamexe
user: Elbii
By Bismarck.Killamexe 2014-02-28 01:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone get any -perp cost aug on Uffrat +2?
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2014-02-28 02:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Alistrianna said: »
Adding a regain ability to Avatar's Favor would not improve the jobs current position as a support job much. We simply have too many other, more useful abilities that we should be using in most relevant content that the idea of even maintaining an avatar simply for regain is absurd.

I'm well aware of that, I'm just throwing some stuff out there for fun by the time Cait Sith is obtainable because I know most of the people are gonna mess around with her for fun. Gonna bet that her favor would either be "Regain" or "Magic Defense".

As for her items that we can choose after the fight, I would say a her cape, crown, ammo (Cait Sith's Tear? or Whisker?)
 Phoenix.Keme
Server: Phoenix
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Keme 2014-02-28 02:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Killamexe said: »

Yep, i got avatar perp cost-3 after 10 tries of stone +2, I had perp cost -4 on +1... lol
 Phoenix.Darkspawn
Server: Phoenix
user: Tphantom
By Phoenix.Darkspawn 2014-03-09 22:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

i got smn skill +8 and -perp cost 4 on 3rd attemp with wailing +2 stones
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2014-03-10 02:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Keme said: »
Bismarck.Killamexe said: »

Yep, i got avatar perp cost-3 after 10 tries of stone +2, I had perp cost -4 on +1... lol

Yeah I went through a stack of +1 stones and got Perp -3 and -4.
Also managed to get at least 21 attack, acc, magic acc and mab pet augments on +1 stones.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2014-03-18 00:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Tumafyrig - New 119 SMN staff can be purchased for 150k plasm if you clear the T4/5 in Kahmir Drifts.

Path A - MP, Pet: Attack/Acc
Path B - MP, Pet: MAB/M.Acc
Path C - Pet: Attack/MAB

If I had some airlixirs I'd toss some at it to see what the augments look like.

Other gear of interest:
Idaraaja - Our new Ammo that makes Avatars Lv.117. Also has BP Delay II -4.
Samanisi Cape
Andoaa Earring
Fucho-no-Obi The refresh +11 is a typo. Its actually refresh +1, latent is MP less than 50%.
Isa Belt
Artsieq Boots - This pair of feet and the rest of the gearset can get a pet:mab/m.acc augment path. The hands from this set get Pet: Damage taken -4% too. Augments seems to vary piece to piece so its likely this could be wrong though.
 Carbuncle.Legato
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-03-18 02:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Alistrianna any idea what the max stats are once u Lv 15 the staff? If its 20-30 MAB that will be a nice replacement for soulscrouge/balsam ^_^ thanks in case you know!
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2014-03-18 05:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

No idea, like I said I don't have any airlixirs, or gil, to throw at it atm.
 Carbuncle.Legato
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-03-18 05:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I see, thank you!
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2014-03-18 08:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Tossed a stack of NQ lixirs to get Rank 2 in Path B

MP +8, Pet: Magic Atk. Bonus +2, Pet: Magic Accuracy +2
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-03-18 09:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

was Rank 1 MAB+1/Macc+1?

Cause if so It looks like It'll be +15MAB/MACC... Which I'd use above Balsam personally, cause you know, Accuracy is important again.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2014-03-18 10:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

didnt check tbh, i just traded the stack
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-03-19 08:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Screwing around and came up with these 2 sets for least gear for big effects from this patch. EDIT: Some Delve II stuff is included.

ItemSet 316805
-14 Perp, +5 Refresh from gear. Ends up as 6 Refresh after traits.
Went for most available weapon here.
The Belt has a typo saying Refresh +11 but its only +1 also no clue how to trigger the refresh effect yet.

BP Delay
ItemSet 321058
BP Delay -15 BP Delay II -8 for 23s off BPs.
Went for low amount of items used for inventory space and also somewhat easier to get items while getting max -delay.

I hate going for augments on Skirmish gear (I never get good rolls) so none of that included in the sets.

Think these sets are good but not quite sure so I may have forgotten some easier pieces. SMN is more of a hobby rather then a main for me.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-03-19 08:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a pity none of the 109/119 gearsets have Blood Boon on them. I guess SE is saving that for when they upgrade Empyrean gear.
By Heimdel 2014-03-19 09:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
Screwing around and came up with these 2 sets for least gear for big effects from this patch. EDIT: Some Delve II stuff is included.

ItemSet 316805
-14 Perp, +5 Refresh from gear. Ends up as 6 Refresh after traits.
Went for most available weapon here.
The Belt has a typo saying Refresh +11 but its only +1 also no clue how to trigger the refresh effect yet.

BP Delay
ItemSet 321058
BP Delay -15 BP Delay II -8 for 23s off BPs.
Went for low amount of items used for inventory space and also somewhat easier to get items while getting max -delay.

I hate going for augments on Skirmish gear (I never get good rolls) so none of that included in the sets.

Think these sets are good but not quite sure so I may have forgotten some easier pieces. SMN is more of a hobby rather then a main for me.

arch ultima gloves are -2 also ther eis fay cozier staff if want.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2014-03-19 14:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

@AckeronII The latent on belt is MP under 50%, similar to Oneiros Grip. The grip however requires it to be less than 50% of your base MP + MP merits. No clue if the belt is the same way.
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-03-19 14:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdel said: »
arch ultima gloves are -2 also there is fay cozier staff if want.

On the arch Ultima gloves these ones are easier to obtain and Perp - caps out at 14 so no reason to bother going for Arch ultima.

On the Fay the set was shooting for least inventory space. The stick is another thing you would have to carry. The Caller's Earring can be swapped out for Samanisi or Tiresias' Cape to take up less room actually since you should have at least one of those capes in the next few weeks.

@AckeronII The latent on belt is MP under 50%, similar to Oneiros Grip. The grip however requires it to be less than 50% of your base MP + MP merits. No clue if the belt is the same way.
Thanks for the info.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2014-03-19 15:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a -5 uffrat +2 and a -5 hagondes coat so that right there saves inventory on perp cost items. I dont forsee myself making any sort of investment in Glyphic Doublet +2 atm unless the Delve II bosses end up being killed quite frequently. Also, I'd rather have the refresh +2 over a small increase in avatar melee damage.
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-03-19 15:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a -5 uffrat +2 and a -5 hagondes coat so that right there saves inventory on perp cost items. I dont forsee myself making any sort of investment in Glyphic Doublet +2 atm unless the Delve II bosses end up being killed quite frequently. Also, I'd rather have the refresh +2 over a small increase in avatar melee damage.

Actually I used the glyphic doublet +2 cause it doubles as a BP Delay II piece but I understand where you are going with that. Also grats on the good rolls on the skirmish stuff I always get crap so I didn't include those. Over 3m wasted trying to get good augments ; ;
 Sylph.Rafaras
Server: Sylph
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-03-22 04:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone post a good/okay WS set for "Gates of Tarutaru". My staff is still @75 but would like to bring it up to 119 whenever I have a few hours of nothing to do and for the lols.

Since the WS follows a CHR% mode, I am finding a hard time finding gears for it.
 Shiva.Rucks
user: Seravolk
By Shiva.Rucks 2014-03-24 13:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hagondes sabots or Convokers Pigaches for magic BP's?
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2014-03-24 13:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Your answer is here.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-03-25 11:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Tossed a stack of NQ lixirs to get Rank 2 in Path B

MP +8, Pet: Magic Atk. Bonus +2, Pet: Magic Accuracy +2

Dump any more in yet? I'm interested in a MAcc/MAB combination option for SMN and don't know which staff I should be aiming for.

It's possible to solo Capacity Points on SMN fairly easily. Two BPs kill a level 126 mob, assuming they don't resist. Like 6 BPs kill a level 126 mob for me right now in practice, which makes it infeasible.
By kogasho 2014-03-26 03:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Rank 15 Path C PET: ATT+15 Pet: MAB+15 and -5PDT for SMN

Its strange how the PDT didnt show up on it when looking at path C, it appeared after 2 +2 airlixers,,, Im going to kick myself if rank A or B have a -prep hidden somewhere not being shown before higher ranks
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 48 49 50