Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Desultor tassets augments
Desultor tassets augments
 Asura.Wolfsoul
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Wolfsoul
By Asura.Wolfsoul 2012-12-09 15:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So I recently decided to get the desultor tassets augment with barrage + 1 for use with yoichinoyumi and annihilator barrage sets. Would like some opinions on the second augment. I really don't have issues with Racc so I won't do the +7 Racc.
I narrowed the second augment either down the the +7 Ratk OR the +3% critical hit damage.

Which do you think would be a better choice? Thanks in advance for the input!
By Aeyela 2012-12-09 15:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranged Attack, because it's the be-all end-all stat for barrage. Even more so that Critical hits are not nearly as common or potent for Ranger: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/34712/agi-ranged-attack-critical-rate/
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2012-12-09 15:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Could add phantom roll -5 if you play Cor. Otherwise Rattk for sure.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-09 15:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said: »

I was under the impression that this augment was ***now, due to the changes to rolling an 11, resetting PR and all.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2012-12-09 15:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »

I was under the impression that this augment was ***now, due to the changes to rolling an 11, resetting PR and all.
when you hit an 11, the recast resets. However, it does not remove the recast on subsequent rolls. Having an 11 active reduces the recast to :30 (or :20 with full merits), so you can get it down to :15 with the legs. I often end up with ~5 second wait to recast when trying to roll my second 11, so the legs would allow constant rolling.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-09 15:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

when you hit an 11, the recast resets. However, it does not remove the recast on subsequent rolls. Having an 11 active reduces the recast to :30 (or :20 with full merits), so you can get it down to :15 with the legs. I often end up with ~5 second wait to recast when trying to roll my second 11, so the legs would allow constant rolling.

I didn't think 5s was an issue. I never seem to have such an issue on cor, but I don't take the job THAT seriously I guess.
 Asura.Wolfsoul
Server: Asura
user: Wolfsoul
By Asura.Wolfsoul 2012-12-09 15:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the input everyone! Going to go with the Ratk +7
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2012-12-11 15:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't think 5s was an issue. I never seem to have such an issue on cor, but I don't take the job THAT seriously I guess.

5sec is pretty nice on COR. Suppose you're shooting for double XIs - Legion, VW, setting up before some NM, etc. You get one XI, then you can bust at will trying to get your next XI (and get the base PR timer at 30sec instead of 60). It's really not uncommon at all to bust repeatedly trying to hit that second XI. 5sec times the multiple times you're busting adds up, even in the course of one buff cycle.

My timer is at 15sec with an XI up (5/5 Phantom Roll merits + Desultor), and I STILL sometimes have to wait a few seconds on a quick bust (PR+double up 1 or 2 times). Usually my timer is always ready though, and that's super helpful.

Not to mention, 45sec base rolls without an XI up is really nice too. Every second counts in getting those buffs sorted.
 Phoenix.Kaparu
user: Tsuko
By Phoenix.Kaparu 2012-12-11 15:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phantom Roll augments are about to become arguably more important, actually. You're no longer going to be racing the clock to begin a fight fully buffed, you're going to be racing to maintain buffs with nearly identical durations.
[+]