NYPD Stop-and-Frisk Policy Comes Under Fire

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » NYPD Stop-and-Frisk policy Comes Under Fire
NYPD Stop-and-Frisk policy Comes Under Fire
 Fenrir.Weakness
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2012-10-16 23:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
Fenrir.Weakness said: »
Stop and frisk isn't about interpreting anything. It is about trying to stop potential crimes in areas of high crime. It was passed by a judge, a court and the state, otherwise it wouldn't be there.

You have to admit the kid did it wrong, but so did the cops. If you get stopped don't mouth off... that was like lesson 1 on that video above, and you can always ask Why? If they should be able to come up with a good reason or you can ask for dismissal.

Whats your take on Rodney King? The LAPD and the courts found the LAPD officers innocent of misconduct-d espite the video footage.

They also account for his high speed chase, resisting arrest, and his after the fact blood test which came positive for PCP for that ruling.

Brutality to that extent should never be tolerated and they should of been disciplined. 30 seconds of footage wont tell the whole story and this was before the land of new aged tasers. They should not of beat the living ***out of him, they should of stuck to being restrained.

Edit: Had to edit because he was tased before the beating ensued... but that should honestly tell you something.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-10-16 23:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

They also account for his high speed chase, resisting arrest, and his after the fact blood test which came positive for PCP for that ruling.

It was not resisting arrest. The officers stood by while the first officer beat the crap out of him!

Also he tested negative for PCP. The officers believed he was under the influence of PCP.Tests on King for PCP were negative, and the prosecution has suggested that defendants concocted suspicions of PCP use to justify their actions.
 Fenrir.Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2012-10-16 23:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It was not resisting arrest. The officers stood by while the first officer beat the crap out of him!

Also he tested negative for PCP. The officers believed he was under the influence of PCP.Tests on King for PCP were negative, and the prosecution has suggested that defendants concocted suspicions of PCP use to justify their actions.

They racially profiled him and used stop-and-frisk to pull him over.

If an officer tells you to stay on the ground... and you don't, that is resisting.

And my bad about the PCP thing, I'm entirely too young to know the full details of the story.
 Valefor.Angeluzun
Server: Valefor
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2012-10-16 23:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop and frisk isn't about interpreting anything. It is about trying to stop potential crimes in areas of high crime. It was passed by a judge, a court and the state, otherwise it wouldn't be there.

You have to admit the kid did it wrong, but so did the cops. If you get stopped don't mouth off... that was like lesson 1 on that video above, and you can always ask Why? If they should be able to come up with a good reason or you can ask for dismissal.

What? Look, I've never been stopped by the cops ever and I like to think I'm sensible but if this kept happening to me without reason I'd be as upset as he was. He told them that they literally just stopped him 2 blocks back, and he's doing it wrong?
[+]
 Fenrir.Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2012-10-16 23:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

He mouthed off from the get go. They honestly don't give a *** if you just got stopped.

This is like arguing that you just got stopped for speeding two blocks back because you're speeding again. If they have reason to pull you over, then let them pull you over.

It all boils down to showing a little *** respect. Believe it or not, most guys will return it to you.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-10-16 23:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

They racially profiled him and used stop-and-frisk to pull him over.

If an officer tells you to stay on the ground... and you don't, that is resisting.

And my bad about the PCP thing, I'm entirely too young to know the full details of the story.

He stayed on the ground. When the officer told him to get on the ground initially, he went on the ground. The "issue" that the police argued was that he grabbed his buttox- which they interpreted to be pulling out a weapon. However, the video it looked way different.
 Fenrir.Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2012-10-16 23:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Just watched the video... and yeah, my opinion doesn't change too much with what I said earlier. They shouldn't of beat the ***out of him, but he does attempt to stand several times.

I never said King deserved to get beat, and in fact I said the police went too far. Honestly, cheap issue repeatable tasers have pretty much solved this issue.
By Jetackuu 2012-10-16 23:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

He mouthed off from the get go. They honestly don't give a *** if you just got stopped.

This is like arguing that you just got stopped for speeding two blocks back because you're speeding again. If they have reason to pull you over, then let them pull you over.

It all boils down to showing a little *** respect. Believe it or not, most guys will return it to you.

They didn't have a reason to stop him, not a legal one, that's the point.

He mouthed off because they were harassing him, like he should.

It all boils down to respecting people's rights and cops not being douchefags because they were given a tad bit of power.

Respect is earned, not given, cops who abuse their power doesn't deserve respect.
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-10-16 23:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Just watched the video... and yeah, my opinion doesn't change too much with what I said earlier. They shouldn't of beat the ***out of him, but he does attempt to stand several times.

I never said King deserved to get beat, and in fact I said the police went too far. Honestly, cheap issue repeatable tasers have pretty much solved this issue.

My whole point of this. Is similar LAPD has demographics to deal with as NYPD- very similar cities. If stop-and-frisk didn't work for LAPD what makes NYPD think it'll work for them.

Maybe because I was born in 1984 and lived through this and the LA elections. But Bloomberg is looking exactly like Mayor Brady at the time.
 Fenrir.Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2012-10-16 23:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

They didn't have a reason to stop him, not a legal one, that's the point.

He mouthed off because they were harassing him, like he should.

It all boils down to respecting people's rights and cops not being douchefags because they were given a tad bit of power.

Respect is earned, not given, cops who abuse their power doesn't deserve respect.

He mouthed off like a jerk kid, and then they treated him like one. Take their names and numbers and file a report for abuse.

The best way to get out of a situation like this is to never get into it to begin with. It doesn't matter if you have had the worst *** day in the world and got pulled over 10 times, that 11th time be polite, ask what they want, and go on your way.
 Fenrir.Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2012-10-16 23:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

My whole point of this. Is similar LAPD has demographics to deal with as NYPD- very similar cities. If stop-and-frisk didn't work for LAPD what makes NYPD think it'll work for them.

Maybe because I was born in 1984 and lived through this and the LA elections. But Bloomberg is looking exactly like Mayor Brady at the time.

Aheem hemm... I said, very first time around, I do not support it. I was just commenting that I understand how they get started.
By Jetackuu 2012-10-16 23:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I disagree entirely, but apparently you can't see past your bias so I think we're done here.

The situation should never have existed in the first place, you're blaming the victim.
[+]
 Fenrir.Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2012-10-16 23:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I disagree entirely, but apparently you can't see past your bias so I think we're done here.

The situation should never have existed in the first place, you're blaming the victim.

And you're skimming over your own bias and the fact the kid acted like a douche from the get go.
By Jetackuu 2012-10-16 23:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

And you're skimming over your own bias and the fact the kid acted like a douche from the get go.

He didn't, at all. I've never lived in NYC nor am I a minority, so I don't see how one can claim I'm being biased here.

The cops were shitheads who have no place being street cleaners much less cops.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Peimei
Server: Carbuncle
user: Peimei
By Carbuncle.Peimei 2012-10-17 00:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

This is called a police state. If you think it is a good thing you're probably a privileged suburban white kid. The kid in the video was not acting like a douchebag at all. I don't care if they passed a law saying the cops can harass whoever they want, it is wrong. Period. Those cops should be lined up and shot with there own ***.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2012-10-17 00:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank god some people on this site know what's going on in the USA. Police State, indeed. WTFU!
[+]
 Valefor.Angeluzun
Server: Valefor
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2012-10-17 00:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

damn aelius. way to light up the front page in green :P
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2012-10-17 00:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angeluzun said: »
damn aelius. way to light up the front page in green :P

Someone's jelly! :O

Hey you! Stop, I need to frisk you, you're suspicious.
[+]
 Fenrir.Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2012-10-17 01:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Peimei said: »
This is called a police state. If you think it is a good thing you're probably a privileged suburban white kid. The kid in the video was not acting like a douchebag at all. I don't care if they passed a law saying the cops can harass whoever they want, it is wrong. Period. Those cops should be lined up and shot with there own ***.

Please, go on and quote where I posted about how I support this and how I thought the cops were in the right. And continue on about my life, because last I checked I grew up in south Dallas and was usually the only white kid around.

I was just noting first hand experience on how this ***gets started.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-10-17 01:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Aheem hemm... I said, very first time around, I do not support it. I was just commenting that I understand how they get started.

I never said you supported it. However, I don't understand how it got started when the NYPD has had riots before regarding their PD and discriminatory treatment. So you think they would take a lesson from that and other pd's across the nation and be apprehensive when doing stop-and-frisk procedures. Apparently not!

Like don't get me wrong. The LAPD still does stop-and-frisk, however, because LAPD now has the internal investigation division. They don't stop you for more than 1-2 seconds. And its just to ask "what are you up to?"

I'm just really disappointed in Bloomberg- a man who is so much for civil equality; that he would support a policy that leaves so much room for discrimination.