Forum » FFXI » Servers » Phoenix » 100,000,000g Bounty
100,000,000g Bounty
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 76 77 78
 Carbuncle.Zirk
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-10-10 22:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually that's exactly how you need to do it, whoever gets the early advantage is going to keep pressing it. You don't want Urteil to enfeeble you and set up with desperate blows souleater and get within melee range. If your strategy doesn't give you a way to at least get an advantage over Urteil at some point, you are just going to lose.

If I can figure out a way to get the first enfeeble then like I said I think I could win, it's tricky though cause DRK has weapon bash for instant short range stun and stun spell for long range, giving them an immediate edge in winning the race to enfeeble.

I haven't seen Urteil fight on DRK once, but I bet most of the time he's starting out with stun (getting the early advantage), unless the other person is doing it wrong and he can get his other spells off without stunning.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-10-10 22:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

tldr; poor people think urteil is unbeatable and nobody who'd be a challenge wants to transfer because of friends/linkshells

It does sound like he's pretty great at what he does, though.
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-10 22:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
tldr; poor people think urteil is unbeatable and nobody who'd be a challenge wants to transfer because of friends/linkshells

It does sound like he's pretty great at what he does, though.

Soon I'll stop giving people the courtesy of dispelling the idea that I only fight incompetence, and then offer these "great" people to put money on the line and build my alternate a Carnwenhen(whatever the bard dagger is called.)

The entirety of Phoenix has not always and was not and is not populated solely with complete idiots.

This dogma that I am the only competent person on the server and I've been slowly wading through a sea of filth never finding a worthy challenge in which to better myself is false.

I have fought people who were skilled and taught me many things.

It is a hope that is helped use to satisfy conquest of a vicarious nature.

The enfeebling race can be partly circumvented by stacking resistance etc.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-10 22:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Bohgo said: »
If you think the outcome of a battle against him solely depends on who can get a spell off first, you're already doing it wrong.
Solely, no. In an otherwise close battle, it can certainly tip the scales. Landing certain enfeebles represents a sizeable advantage.

Phoenix.Urteil said: »
The enfeebling race can be partly circumvented by stacking resistance etc.
That doesn't so much circumvent it as add an element of unpredictability unless only one side is using said enfeebles.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-10 23:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything can tip the scales but in many fights the first spell landed isn't what destined the outcome.

It is important of course but to say it is the essence of all my encounters is false.

Some of them sure but I also share the same vulnerability.
Manifest stun is also a very poor choice as it triples recast timers, I don't use it often.

I'm not stupid enough to put up a sizable reward based on a history of beating up ignorant weaklings.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2012-10-10 23:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

there are ways to land enfeeblement effects (such as sleep, blind, etc.) without the need for casting magic if Urteil manages to somehow cause a silence effect from long range, though i seriously doubt any DRK has bothered to figure it out, unless they've given particular thought to ballisata.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-10 23:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Have a mod change the title to "50,000,000g" bounty.

Hopefully with that much money I can buy some entertainment other than amusing words.

All offers to triple/double/etc in reference to some jokers are now forfeit as the base reward has been increased and will not go any higher.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-10-10 23:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

There is only two ways to win in 1v1, either you essentially 1-shot them before they can do anything, or you outenfeeble/dispel them so you can kill them before they kill you.

DRK has the advantage where if no enfeebles are present, the DRK is going to win due to their unrivaled damage output (desperate blows is huge considering other melee based jobs can't get a huge haste bonus when no other supporting roles are in their party) and dread spikes. So you have to outenfeeble the DRK that much more to prevent them from killing you.

It's therefore up to the challenger to enfeeble him to the point where you can outdamage him. Hence all my main concerns revolve around getting Urteil enfeebled. Since my strategy at the moment isn't 1-shotting him, I need to keep him enfeebled. Keeping him enfeebles starts with getting the first enfeeble in place.

All of 1v1 will revolve around those two core principles, there is no getting around it. Only jobs which are great at both DD and enfeebling, or they can super excel in either area can compete in 1v1 at the highest level. Urteil knows the importance of enfeebling, that's why he's got lots of resist sets, because he knows he has to win or tie in the enfeeble war to win.
 Fenrir.Curty
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-10-10 23:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Come to fenrir :) me and my buddies been discussing all day if blu pld or cor would be the easiest way to take you out!
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-10 23:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zirk said: »
There is only two ways to win in 1v1, either you essentially 1-shot them before they can do anything, or you outenfeeble/dispel them so you can kill them before they kill you.

DRK has the advantage where if no enfeebles are present, the DRK is going to win due to their unrivaled damage output (desperate blows is huge considering other melee based jobs can't get a huge haste bonus when no other supporting roles are in their party) and dread spikes. So you have to outenfeeble the DRK that much more to prevent them from killing you.

It's therefore up to the challenger to enfeeble him to the point where you can outdamage him. Hence all my main concerns revolve around getting Urteil enfeebled. Since my strategy at the moment isn't 1-shotting him, I need to keep him enfeebled. Keeping him enfeebles starts with getting the first enfeeble in place.

All of 1v1 will revolve around those two core principles, there is no getting around it. Only jobs which are great at both DD and enfeebling, or they can super excel in either area can compete in 1v1 at the highest level. Urteil knows the importance of enfeebling, that's why he's got lots of resist sets, because he knows he has to win or tie in the enfeeble war to win.

Dread spikes is nerfed and is mitigated by Shell/MDT, probably a spell I use the least.

You also haven't mentioned Fey weapons which can get upwards of +14 to an enfeebling effect like silence etc. Which is lower level content as a two-hander I can't make much use of them.
Its a pretty big disadvantage you see.

I bet one of those coupled with Gusterion would make THF quite powerful forcing the enemy to slot resist over PDT.

Or even opening with bully/mandau99/+14 silence dagger.

Combined with bloody bolts and how many jobs can't hit them regularly, would be neat to see.

Or did you not know about fey weapons or how Dread Spikes functions in uncap?

Oops. Cats out of the bag.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-10 23:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Curty said: »
Come to fenrir :) me and my buddies been discussing all day if blu pld or cor would be the easiest way to take you out!

Both are good. Real good.

Depends on evolution of the job, Corsair would be easier to get to threat range, Paladin will require Aegis/Excalibur.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-10-10 23:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see how fey weapons discredit anything I said, I said your job has to be able to outenfeeble the guy to win, if you do it through fey weapons so be it.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-10 23:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It is to show you lack knowledge of one of the most potent sources of enfeebling and then proceed to act like Dread Spikes is worth a ***.

Lol.

Vs a target with no Shell and it only does 20% of my HP and lasts for a minute.

The ONE job you would think it would destroy, Monk, can simply first person-reverse-counter me while its up and not have to actively melee , so I don't even get a minute of impunity.

Am I saying that a monk can beat me? No. They can't.

Am I winning because of Dread Spikes? No.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-10-10 23:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I knew about fey weapons but relying on those you still have to get into melee range, so before that happens you still have to pass the ranged enfeebles. DRK still going to win there and with desperate blows souleater up, who cares if the DRK is silenced. Flash fey weapons won't keep flash up 100% of the time, in a melee fight the DRK is eventually going to get TP and get a huge WS once flash is down.

The vast majority of DRK power is desperate blows souleater, dread spikes tiny extra thing they have melees don't.
 Fenrir.Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-10-10 23:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on evolution of the job, Corsair would be easier to get to threat range, Paladin will require Aegis/Excalibur.

Blu/sch 50%pdt, break resist built.
Cor/Sch full zerg build
Pld/Sch ochain/kclub paired with divine emblem (if you arnt /rdm)

Sound fun?
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-10 23:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zirk said: »
I knew about fey weapons but relying on those you still have to get into melee range, so before that happens you still have to pass the ranged enfeebles. DRK still going to win there and with desperate blows souleater up, who cares if the DRK is silenced. Flash fey weapons won't keep flash up 100% of the time, in a melee fight the DRK is eventually going to get TP and get a huge WS once flash is down.

The vast majority of DRK power is desperate blows souleater, dread spikes tiny extra thing they have melees don't.

You keep acting like souleater is a common thing to just blow in 1v1.
It can often get you killed!

The vast majority of my power is Dread Spikes?
REALLY?

What kind of a jackass just stands near me and melees, is in zero PDT, or if they aren't, riding a mixture of PDT/something else.

Here's things that mitigate my melee:
Flash
Sentinel
PDT/Phalax
Slow II
Slow

Etc.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-10-10 23:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Sorry to clarify, its desperatre blows souleater combined with an arsenal of spells.
 Fenrir.Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-10-10 23:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Also quick question, my friend is claiming that you can basically one shot anyone with Nether Void Drain II with mythic Scythe is that true?
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-10 23:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

He's an idiot.

Edit: I wish I could do that.
[+]
 Fenrir.Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-10-10 23:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what I told him!
 Fenrir.Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-10-10 23:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cor/Sch full zerg build

Sound fun?
Also tell me how you would beat all these so I don't have to server transfer to find out ^
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-10-10 23:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Josiahfk said: »
I want to see a blu/sch with a 50% pdt/resist break build, please post gearsets
It's not that hard, considering the augmented quest earrings can have resist petrify on them and 2% PDT each. In fact, I have two myself.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-10 23:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cor/Sch full zerg build

Sound fun?
Also tell me how you would beat all these so I don't have to server transfer to find out ^

You know what, just send a mule over here so you can give me the cake without a struggle and we can cut out the middle man.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-10-10 23:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The vast majority of my power is Dread Spikes?
REALLY?

I never said anything close to that, I said

Quote:
the DRK is going to win due to their unrivaled damage output (desperate blows is huge considering other melee based jobs can't get a huge haste bonus when no other supporting roles are in their party) and dread spikes.

95% of that is talking about how desperate blows is so awesome, and yet you twist this into me thinking dread spikes is the most godly thing ever. I didn't edit anything related to that after the fact btw. Urteil is just out to bash his potential opponents for no reason.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-10 23:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

DB can be dispelled.
DB doesn't make you immune to slow, or elegy.

And as opposed to all the other AMAZING things other jobs have?
What about Water Bomb.
What about Absolute Terror.
What about Fealty.
What about Meditate?
Cure 5, Cure VI, Sacrosanctity.
What about Wildfire/QD's?

My *** is stuck with Scarlet Delirium and good melee capability with some spells, okay, I'll take it.

The fact that Dreadspikes was mentioned with the effect hardly beats the MP cast against any job that has Shell/mitigation is laughable.

I'm up for bashing a guy who:

Says I would manifest stun regularly when it triples the timer and its a very good spell. (why not Bioga? Or PoisonIIga)

Doesn't know about one of the most potent enfeebling sources/basic mechanics of one of the few direct nerfs to a spell in Ballista.

Is so out of touch with the game that he thinks me just straight Meleeing anyone without a setup is going to work.

Then you try to act like a battle will always stalemate because people start out of range.

Instead of either coming over here to fight me with your superior knowledge of match-ups ending me once and for all.

Or talking to me in private about misgivings or concerns, you come on here trying to invalidate everything I'm trying to do with the crazyness mentioned above.

But opponent? Sir you are no opponent. That would be a disservice to the four people I fought yesterday.

I hope you end me Zirk. I really do.

50,000,000g for all the Byrnie +1's you could ever need.
[+]
 Fenrir.Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-10-11 00:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

hehe....

[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-11 00:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

hehe....

Use prodigious mantle.
 Fenrir.Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-10-11 00:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Even better!

[+]
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-10-11 00:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
DB can be dispelled.
DB doesn't make you immune to slow, or elegy.

And as opposed to all the other AMAZING things other jobs have?
What about Water Bomb.
What about Absolute Terror.
What about Fealty.
What about Meditate?
Cure 5, Cure VI, Sacrosanctity.
What about Wildfire/QD's?

All of this is completely in line with what I said here

Quote:

With the exception of Meditate and Cure V/Cure VI, but without winning the enfeeble war Meditate and Cure V/Cure VI won't help that much.

Also as I said, I'm focused on my strategy, not all possible strategies to beat you, so I didn't mention fey weapons or a lot of other stuff. In my strategy, manifest stun seems like something you want to do. Once I get the theorycrafting worked out I of course need to play test, which is where you have more experience than me.

I've never once said anything negative to Urteil (maybe in the passed I said I don't like 1v1), and he's not only bashing me but twisting words as much as possible to bash more.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 76 77 78