The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 88 89 90 ... 253 254 255
 Asura.Azagarth
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-12 18:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe I have your old lua langly, but I get an error by going with your new code. The commented one is how I had it before, it shows your field index as null though, what other parts did you have to change?
Code
	--state.HasteMode = M{['description']='Haste Mode', 'Normal', 'Hi'}
	state.HasteMode:options ('Haste I', 'Haste II')
 Bismarck.Lilmartio
Server: Bismarck
user: Lilmartio
By Bismarck.Lilmartio 2017-07-12 19:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

try deleting both and try this:
Code
state.HasteMode = M{['description']='Haste Mode', 'Haste I', 'Haste II'}
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2017-07-12 20:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I was writing it from memory while I was at work. :D

Thanks Lilmartio.

Edit; I've updated the post with the correct list syntax.

(And using the value of "Trusts" instead of "Trust" as it's shown in the actual math portion)
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-12 20:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

ya i figured all those out over the last little bit haha, glad to come back and see i did it right on my own. Learning lua can be a pain sometimes.

Also any particular reason to not add sambas?
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2017-07-13 00:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
Also any particular reason to not add sambas?

Good question. I never sub DNC and I also never party with a DNC main.

That's probably why. :D Easy enough to add (but you'd need another toggle so you'd know if it's 10 or 5).
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-07-13 03:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You should probably change your Embrava to 20% at-least. A lvl 99 with just capped enhancing (no merits/jps/gear) would be giving you 21%.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2017-07-13 12:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
You should probably change your Embrava to 20% at-least. A lvl 99 with just capped enhancing (no merits/jps/gear) would be giving you 21%.

Thanks Chiaia. In the grand combination of haste values, I'm not sure it's really effected me (When I'm getting embrava I have enough other sources that I end up capped anyway).

But I'll certainly make the changes to at least 20%, as I agree with you.
By Tename 2017-07-19 19:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Thoughts on Nagi? Seems like it could be decent, but I never see anyone use it so I assume it's garbage.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-19 19:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

probably worst of the REAM, unless your tanking.
[+]
By hushmunkey 2017-07-20 11:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I think offensively Nagi is far and away the worst of the REAM. Blade kamu is at best decent and being forced to occasionally use it will hurt your output overall, especially since you'll want to charge it all the way to 3k tp which again doesn't help your dmg or the dmg of the ws. Additionally - the oad/oat is HIGHLY overrated. Consider: your 40% oad and 20% oat are only on the main hand. Now your oad/oat is effectively halved to 20% oad/10% oat. As if that wasn't disappointing enough, your oad/oat check is AFTER qa/ta/da checks with returns continuously diminished. Now your minuscule am3 probably doesn't outweigh the cost of its maintenance. It MIGHT be worthwhile to use am1 in situations where there's a critical need for accuracy but I haven't encountered that situation yet, and a Nagi ninja riding am1 might not be the best answer to that problem.
On the spreadsheet I've tried approaching Nagi with an eye toward STP, letting am3 stand on its own to maximize returns. Sadly even if you offhand heishi and stack STP in every other slot you barely reach half the other REAMs' dps (spamming Kamu at 1k w/am3 active). Maybe riding a diff. WS once am3's up would bolster it's output. I'm also interested in how that approach would fair off handing Kujaku +1 since it has its own oad to abuse.
Defensively Nagi is a different story. I think tanking with a minimum +40 enmity on every action would pretty well lock down your hate. At that point you could possibly even stop trying to squeeze dmg into the 9,000+ things you need to do to survive as NIN, and instead focus on a more defensive build. Tactical parry especially could help boost your enmity production with jp's and even afford you some counters.
I cited the wrong mob previously but I'm also particularly interested in making use of that 40 macc in niche use fights like maju. Ninja's ninjutsu skill is just shy of a rdm's enfeebling and doesn't have to worry about dstat resistance.

P.S./edit etc. : even if you can muster enough stp to knock hits off your x-hit build you still have two obstacles.
1) you have grossly diminished returns from stacking stp needing more and more per hit you wish to reduce
2) even at 3 or 4 less hits to WS you still can't cycle as fast as qa/ta b/c you're relying on oad/t and restricted to the necessity of more attack rounds to achieve the same tp goals
[+]
By hushmunkey 2017-07-20 19:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1qzvyllhkbwyowe/Screenshot%202017-07-20%2020.18.23.png?dl=0

...is the best I've come up with for Nagi. That's spamming hi with am3 up on "trivial" mobs. heishi pulls ahead by up to another 400+ dps or so depending on the mob. Not to mention you could change a couple pieces on that heishi setup to further widen the gap.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-07-30 00:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the Hachiya Tekko +3 worth making to TP in with the Daken bonus?
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-30 00:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

nope
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-07-30 00:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

10-4, thanks.
By hushmunkey 2017-07-30 05:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

wouldn't be terrible for a high-acc set. 's probably the only piece worth tp-ing in w/the regal ring. the ring and hands would be +24 acc over kendatsuba hands.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-30 13:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably better off using ryou+1 hands for crazy acc, think it has about the same and will be better dps. Not to mention if your katana acc is lacking, your racc will be floored probably making daken even more useless.
By hushmunkey 2017-07-30 16:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

you'd be about 2 acc shy of hachiya +3 & regal (with path D), plus about 100 mil poorer.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-30 19:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

58 acc 50 dex + ring (variable) VS 48 acc 44 dex + ring 15 acc 10 dex

Which means you really have 58 acc 50 dex + ring VS 63 acc 54 dex

Which is 5 acc 4 dex difference WITHOUT including the ring you would have on with Ryou+1... so you can see that ramuh+1 would literally close that difference and give you+1 4 acc 1 dex more, or you could use a free ring like caoethic+1 and also have more acc etc.

Just looking at acc, your better off with what I said. Not to mention most players cant get regal ring, farming for af+3 is a LOT of time, probably the equivalent of the 50m tekko-1 abj cost now just in time farmed. Not to mention you will drop like 5m~ on mats anyhow for those hands which seem to be useless in my eyes.
By hushmunkey 2017-07-30 22:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

True Strike. Good analysis. Also - ryuo +1 = bis for hi hands.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-30 22:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya they have other uses :D not just acc hehe. If you play mnk the are BiS on VS too, and for quite a lot of other scenarios they do come in handy. I am after a pair myself for mnk atm, but I keep logging on once they have been sold... just my luck!
By hushmunkey 2017-08-08 18:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have ideas on applications for the new Great Katana outside of abyssea?
 Asura.Mewwgoat
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2017-08-08 19:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

gravitation is the only real purpose i see
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2017-08-09 13:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just gonna use it and pretend Im a samurai that can burst his own skillchains. :D
[+]
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2017-08-09 15:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone tried making a Tachi Jinpu set for Nin with the new Great Katana?
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2017-08-10 00:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

But really... maybe.
By Draylo 2017-08-10 01:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

So those weapons simply give you the WS, does it work offhand?
 Asura.Lokimaru
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2017-08-10 01:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

It does not work offhand.
By Boshi 2017-08-11 13:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

small anal sidenote on the guide for the 0% haste tp set:

1.You can now +2 the amb feet and replace suppo with eabani
for:
str+3 dex+3 agi-2 acc+6

... then could also
telos->suppo & floral-> Adhemar(B)
for:
STR+11 DEX+21 attack+10 TA+1% sTP+2 +4%CritRate
AGI-3 acc-14 racc-14 ratt-10 da-1%
(net acc +1.75, net racc -11.75)
By hushmunkey 2017-08-12 12:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

thinking the GKT might be useful for mobs with spikes... but then just a good mdt/meve/resist set would probably be better.

also thought might be good for absorb dmg mobs like kin, where maybe swinging a little slower might save some hp feed.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-08-12 14:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
small anal sidenote on the guide for the 0% haste tp set:

1.You can now +2 the amb feet and replace suppo with eabani
for:
str+3 dex+3 agi-2 acc+6

... then could also
telos->suppo & floral-> Adhemar(B)
for:
STR+11 DEX+21 attack+10 TA+1% sTP+2 +4%CritRate
AGI-3 acc-14 racc-14 ratt-10 da-1%
(net acc +1.75, net racc -11.75)

my only nitpick really is that nearly all the sets lack racc (190~ ish under). While Daken isnt a huge part of our dmg, it is a very great source of our tp. With a native proc rate of 54% at master, it offers a very steady tp gain. However I find that even with the +100 racc (has this # really been verified?) you end up just whiffing them all since most the front page sets dont even break 1k native racc. I am still unsure how to confront this in my sets, but I am finding iskur and using toka shurikens helps a lot for the extra +40 acc, at a minimal stp loss.

I personally think the base sets should be aiming at narrowing in on this as its a primary component to be doing longer self sc's. The constant build for ilv150 mobs with buffs even in max buff is very skewed in my view for gear, but nearly all guides gear them this way. It might be a wiser option to do some sets like...

-1100 base acc (1200 with food, aka apex cp/ lv130 below)
* here your front page sets wont even cap racc on apex

-1200 base set (ilv139 stuff, T2 reisen, some T3)
* can still get 1100 racc with a few swaps/augs corrected and maintaining katana acc of 1200 easily

-1250+ (max acc for endgame)
*at this point, the front page sets are spot on since they are geared for this and theres no logical way to push racc high enough without shitting your katana acc.

Looking at it this way we can define sets based on needs/content rather than every set doing its "max dmg" under unrealistic 4 rolls, 8 songs, idris bubble spam, shiva favor etc etc... since you know these rarely happen even in high buff scenarios its normally just chaos/sam + 4 song honor brd and one geo doing bubbles.

If I am wrong at the way I am viewing it, just let me know. I am a good nin, but not perfect and I havent liked the spreedsheets for stuff like this in a long time since they always seem to have errors for adding to much to white dmg, and under valuing stuff like daken etc in % jumps.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 88 89 90 ... 253 254 255