New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 254 255 256
By gdiShun 2014-09-05 00:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

They have said it will be based off your Throwing skill. So you will need to skill it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-09-05 00:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

But you can't equip gear for it.
By gdiShun 2014-09-05 00:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct. Hence why they're considering adding a modifier with the trait.

I was specifically replying to this for context:

Capuchin said:
And the free KA-like throws sound great to me, other than realizing I might actually need to cap throwing if that has any effect...
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-09-05 14:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, good info - I hadn't seen that post.

I'm a little disappointed that they're using straight R.acc for an extra attack that procs during normal melee, but maybe the modifier they mention will help fix things. It SHOULDN'T be that hard to fix (but we'll see...). Plenty of possible solutions though:

- Put a large amount of R.acc or throwing skill on the ilevel shuriken themselves

- Give auto-throw procs a large inherent ranged accuracy bonus (that wouldn't apply to manual /ra)

- Maybe stick some extra stat mod (say, DEX) that affects the auto-throw accuracy and is already on typical TP gear

- Make each point of throwing skill more valuable in the formula for calculating auto-throw accuracy and maybe damage too (i.e. give skill a ~1.5-2x multiplier for purposes of calculating the auto-throw, which would even allow for cool stuff on new NIN gear like "Enhances Throw Bonus" gear for a higher multiplier)

- Make the auto-throw 100% accurate, but make throwing skill a large part of the damage formula (sort of like how RUN's Lunge/Swipe are 100% accurate but damage is based in part on mainhand weapon skill).

- Just give NIN more TP gear that also has Ranged Accuracy. We have some good stuff now (Mochi body, Yokaze Mantle, Hachi legs, even ilevel pieces with heavy AGI). Could go back and add R.Acc to some other NIN AF/relic pieces, and continue to have it as a normal stat on future stuff like reforged Empyrean armor.

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
But you can't equip gear for it.

And yes, you're right that you wouldn't really want to gear for R.Acc on the auto-throw extra attack. But if they make a decent Sange update, that's potentially something where you'd be interested in macroing in a ranged set for the JA.

Otherwise, I think gdiShun is right... a throwing set is more for skillups. Any TP pieces we currently have that also have ranged stats are just a bonus, but you're going to be using them because of the melee stats.
By gdiShun 2014-09-09 01:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Some new gear that caught my eye from the update. Just from eyeballing, so grain of salt, etc.

Sasuke Tekko +1 most likely is the new best Hi piece. Only Hachiya +1 has more AGI that I'm aware of and Hachiya offers nothing else really in way of melee stats. It could possibly find a place in Acc TP sets too.

Quote:
DEF:87 HP+43 STR+9 DEX+33 VIT+27 AGI+15 INT+9 MND+27 CHR+16 Accuracy+23 Evasion+20 Magic Evasion+26 "Magic Def. Bonus"+1 Haste+5% Critical hit damage +2%

Nomkahpa Mittens +1 probably a good fodder TP piece. Lack of accuracy probably ruins it for higher content though.

Quote:
DEF:79 HP+23 STR+14 DEX+34 VIT+31 AGI+4 INT+12 MND+29 CHR+17 Attack+15 Evasion+23 Magic Evasion+36 "Magic Def. Bonus"+1 Haste+6% "Double Attack"+3%

Nothing else really stood out to me though. Besides the obviously one-up +1s(Windbuffet etc.).
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-09-09 04:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Nomkahpa should be quite nice for Blade: Shun as well (altough lolshun).
It should normally be a pretty nice WS piece for other jobs as well. PUP, DNC and THF at least.

There's also a new cape with DW on it and the new augments on JSE cape (Yokaze mantle)
[+]
 Asura.Gippali
user: Gippali
By Asura.Gippali 2014-09-09 22:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got the Y. mantle with STR +4 DEX +2 Skillchain dmg +1%
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-09-10 01:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Wonder how random/fixed the augments are on these new capes...
 Asura.Gippali
By Asura.Gippali 2014-09-10 15:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I am hoping that the augments scale with difficulty of the floor you are on. Capes seem to be a decent drop rate with 7-8 jse ones and 9-10 of the CP ones in our 3 runs.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-09-12 03:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously seriously seriously doubt augment quality scales with difficulty of content.
But the capes drop rate certainly does (with TH too, actually)
 Bismarck.Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2014-09-12 10:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it's pretty wishful thinking. Glad the drop rate on them is good though!
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2014-09-16 14:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering if DEX augment on Uk'uxkaj cap is acceptable for blade: hi so I can use it for things like victory smite and jishnu's.

Or is AGI that much more powerful?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-09-16 15:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »
I was wondering if DEX augment on Uk'uxkaj cap is acceptable for blade: hi so I can use it for things like victory smite and jishnu's.

DEX or STR augmented Uk Cap are both still very good, generally will still beat everything except an AGI augmented cap.

If you're making the cap JUST for Ninja, AGI's best. But for multi-job use you can't really say it's a bad call to do something that benefits all WS even if they aren't AGI mod. I did STR myself since:

(1) It's best in slot for several of my other jobs' WS (MNK Victory Smite, PUP Stringing Pummel, RUN Resolution), and
(2) Even if another augment would be slightly better on my other Uk jobs, STR still adds some damage on all of them and it's no worse than slightly below the #1 option (Blade: Hi, some dagger WS on THF DNC, BLU sword WS).

DEX would be best for some WS (Evisceration, Rudra's, Dimidiation, etc.), but again, STR still helps any WS and it happened to be #1 for some of my prioritized jobs.
By gdiShun 2014-09-16 15:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Should probably just go w/ STR. DEX won't do much for Hi or VS. AGI won't do much for Jishnu's or VS. STR will boost them all.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-09-16 15:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »

If it's for Smite/Jishnu's/Blade: Hi, go STR.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-09-16 15:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

gdiShun said: »
Should probably just go w/ STR. DEX won't do much for Hi or VS. AGI won't do much for Jishnu's or VS. STR will boost them all.

Someone who plays a lot of THF DNC miiiight prefer DEX (and at the least that adds some Acc to any WS and possible chance of crit on a crit WS).

But yeah, I'd go with STR (and did so myself). And it's not like STR is BAD for dagger WS anyway, boosts every WS like you said.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2014-09-16 15:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

STR great for jishnu since ranged attack, STR is a mod on vsmite.. but STR to benefit the fSTR on Hi im skeptical about since if you crit fSTR won't matter as much. Or I'm wrong >_>
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-09-16 16:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The latter. It somewhat devalues attack but it doesn't really have that effect on base damage.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Legato
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-09-17 17:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question for NIN community.

Has SE developers ever said why they cannot or haven't addressed Ninjutsu?
Has any NIN ever posted on official forum about it?

What I mean by addressed are the elemental ninjutsu & I suppose the enfeebling.

Giving them a base similar to Tier 1 and II elemental magic.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-09-18 01:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

They never talked about it and in all honesty I think there are a plethora of other things concerning NIN they should be focusing on before moving to Ninjutsu.
[+]
 Odin.Terren
Server: Odin
By Odin.Terren 2014-09-18 02:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Legato said: »

Tier-2 ninjutsu enfeebles are comparable to their RDM equivalents, and well geared, landing them is not difficult even on level 126+ content.

With proper gear -ni and -san nukes exceed 1k damage easily - with good gear and the right use of a mog wardrobe (ie; all that lovely MAB mage gear), you can consistently nin-nuke for 2k+. It's not quite T1/T2 elemental damage, but it's damn close, you just have to not be lazy about gear.

And nin gets unique enfeebles, like inhibit-tp and a fairly strong attack-down. Throw a couple well-geared NINs at Yorcia T5, with the proper buffs/enfeebles, she might get to charm once if she's lucky. Everyone seems to forget that NIN has more subtle blow than any job in the game.

I dunno, I think ninjustu is pretty sweet right now :P
[+]
 Carbuncle.Legato
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-09-18 02:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't realize that NINs can land 2k San spells in 126+ content so my apologies for being misinformed!
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2014-09-18 04:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone here have a updated set for Hi ? or the one from OP is good enough ?
By gdiShun 2014-09-18 04:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

This may not be the best, but at the least it's closer to ideal.

ItemSet 328485

WKR pieces w/ AGI, Moonshade TP Bonus/Attack
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-09-18 13:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't have all of the above, other reasonable alternative choices include:

Head: Uk cap with STR or DEX aug (as discussed in detail above)

Body: Mochi+1

Hands: Hachiya+1 hands, and Mochi+1 aren't far behind

Back: Vespid Mantle (very nice for situations where Acc matters)

Legs: Kaabnax Trousers w/ AGI aug. These may actually beat AGI Quiahuiz (if not, it's very close), and IIRC they do beat anything else. Probably relevant to a lot of people, since I assume most people with other jobs would prefer STR augments on Quiahuiz (best TP and WS legs for several jobs in certain situations). Kaabnax aren't as vital to others, so likely more room to stick AGI on them for Hi and not compromise other jobs.
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2014-09-18 14:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

Legs: Kaabnax Trousers w/ AGI aug. These may actually beat AGI Quiahuiz (if not, it's very close), and IIRC they do beat anything else. Probably relevant to a lot of people, since I assume most people with other jobs would prefer STR augments on Quiahuiz (best TP and WS legs for several jobs in certain situations). Kaabnax aren't as vital to others, so likely more room to stick AGI on them for Hi and not compromise other jobs.

That is what I did. Already had Q. legs allocated for smite build. Aug'd Kaabnax are an excellent option.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2014-09-22 00:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

question about crit rate augment on Taikogane. Was always widely known on ranger that critical rate on weapons only effects the weapon its on, jupiter's staff for example. Is this is the case for taikogane? Wouldn't effect both hands as equipment would, namely not during blade: hi.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-09-22 01:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Terren said: »

Tier-2 ninjutsu enfeebles are comparable to their RDM equivalents, and well geared, landing them is not difficult even on level 126+ content.

With proper gear -ni and -san nukes exceed 1k damage easily - with good gear and the right use of a mog wardrobe (ie; all that lovely MAB mage gear), you can consistently nin-nuke for 2k+. It's not quite T1/T2 elemental damage, but it's damn close, you just have to not be lazy about gear.

And nin gets unique enfeebles, like inhibit-tp and a fairly strong attack-down. Throw a couple well-geared NINs at Yorcia T5, with the proper buffs/enfeebles, she might get to charm once if she's lucky. Everyone seems to forget that NIN has more subtle blow than any job in the game.

What exactly are you casting on? That sound like BS.
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2014-09-22 03:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Odin.Terren said: »

What exactly are you casting on? That sound like BS.

Last try i did on mandy with Ni and Nice gear never exced 900.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-09-23 06:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Mandy? I'm a bit lost, which Mandy? Mandies outside of Ceizak? Mandies in surged WoE #10? What kind of Mandies?
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 254 255 256