I Think I Made A Booboo..

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » I think I made a booboo..
I think I made a booboo..
First Page 2
 Asura.Myrrh
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Myrrhic
By Asura.Myrrh 2012-08-28 10:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

As a bunch of you may know, I finished my mythic requirements and even had to do nyzul isle, NQ, to get the weapon I wanted... issue is.. when I tried to trade said weapon, I only had the otion saying:

OH MY GOD THERE ARE NO TAKE-BACKS IF YOU *** THIS UP THE WORLD IS OVER! ..iterated something of that nature.

Issue is... I forgot what weapon I traded all those years ago. Is there no way to check without losing my Wyrmseeker, journals, eyepatch, sanity?
By volkom 2012-08-28 10:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

booboo was made
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-08-28 10:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

u can try contacting se but i do not think they will tell u.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-08-28 10:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
booboo

[+]
 Valefor.Zolan
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Zolan 2012-08-28 11:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Good Luck. Very curious to what happens so keep us posted?
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-28 11:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have a full inventory, you can ask for the weapon to be returned and it will not be returned to you, giving you a message of "The _____ cannot be returned to you."

HOWEVER, I cannot guarantee that even though the weapon isn't returned to you, that this won't automatically clear any progress. So, you can find out, but it'd be at your own risk. Regardless, you're stuck with the weapon you turned in beforehand unless you want to redo anything you've traded to the Qiqirn (along with redoing any assaults).
 Asura.Myrrh
By Asura.Myrrh 2012-08-28 11:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't traded anything yet, I have 30k alex and all the items on my characters, but I heard that if I abort the quest, like a bcnm orb, my wyrmseeker, journals, eyepatch are rendered useless.

What did I trade >_<
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-28 11:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, if you haven't traded anything, you can ask for the weapon back with a full inventory and the only thing (I think) you'd be risking is your assaults. I'm under the assumption that it wouldn't clear your progress since the progress should technically be kept as long as the weapon remains with him (and it does so even after you finish the Mythic, which freaked me out severely), but I could be wrong.
 Valefor.Zolan
By Valefor.Zolan 2012-08-28 11:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to make light of the subject but I wonder if you are the first person that is going to be surprised like it's Christmas on which mythic you are about to receive.

I think, you should try it on a mule or have a friend try it though just to make sure it isn't one of the times ffxi remembers to just hand you the item as soon as you come back with inventory space. Not sure how that would work...
[+]
 Hades.Tripster
Server: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2012-08-28 11:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't think wyrmseeker and eyepatch are rendered useless since you can get those even without trading a weapon.

What you would have to do is Assaults all over again, cause you can only get those when you trade weapon.

So at best what you looking at is 50 assaults all over again.

But let us know!
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-28 11:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Zolan said: »
Not to make light of the subject but I wonder if you are the first person that is going to be surprised like it's Christmas on which mythic you are about to receive.

I think, you should try it on a mule or have a friend try it though just to make sure it isn't one of the times ffxi remembers to just hand you the item as soon as you come back with inventory space. Not sure how that would work...

It isn't, it makes you go through the "I want my weapon back" process again. The thing is, I did this after I finished my mythic (mild spoilers on mythic story line?: the vigil weapon isn't "turned into" the weapon like relics, they're completely separate, so he's still holding the weapon after you finish your Mythic and you have to retrieve it if you want to start another one) so I have no idea if it clears the progress and keeps the weapon anyways.
 Valefor.Zolan
By Valefor.Zolan 2012-08-28 12:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahhh, fair enough. So... going to redo the assaults or just Leroy Jenkins it?

I know its a crappy idea, but if you do not delete your logger files find the exact phrase he says when accepting an item and do a search in file for it (minus the weapon name of course)? Might get absurdly lucky? (You know- if you use those devil tools)
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-28 12:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
[18:04:15]ü[18:04:15] You already have a weapon turned in for safekeeping.

[18:04:15]ü[18:04:15] The same weapon, or any other weapon, for that matter, cannot be accepted at this time.

[18:04:15]A new weapon may be submitted for safekeeping, should you choose to abandon the weapon currently being held.

[18:04:15]ü[18:04:15] A new weapon may be submitted for safekeeping, should you choose to abandon the weapon currently being held.

[18:04:21]yAbandoning an item will cause Paparoon to purge your records, resetting the process.

[18:04:21]As this is irreversible once executed, please use your best discretion.

[18:04:27]yTurning in a weapon for safekeeping will cause all data recorded to it to be reset.

[18:04:27]Please exercise caution!

[18:04:32]Do you wish to abandon the weapon you currently have turned in for safekeeping?

[18:04:32]ü[18:04:32] Do you wish to abandon the weapon you currently have turned in for safekeeping?

[18:04:38]You cannot obtain the werebuster.

[18:04:38]Try trading again after sorting your inventory.

[18:04:50]yYou throw away a werebuster.

[18:04:57]You already have a weapon turned in for safekeeping.

[18:04:57]The same weapon, or any other weapon, for that matter, cannot be accepted at this time.

[18:04:57]ü[18:04:57] You already have a weapon turned in for safekeeping.

[18:04:57]ü[18:04:57] The same weapon, or any other weapon, for that matter, cannot be accepted at this time.

[18:04:58]A new weapon may be submitted for safekeeping, should you choose to abandon the weapon currently being held.

[18:04:58]ü[18:04:58] A new weapon may be submitted for safekeeping, should you choose to abandon the weapon currently being held.

[18:04:58]yAbandoning an item will cause Paparoon to purge your records, resetting the process.

[18:04:58]As this is irreversible once executed, please use your best discretion.

[18:05:03]yTurning in a weapon for safekeeping will cause all data recorded to it to be reset.

[18:05:03]Please exercise caution!

[18:05:08]Do you wish to abandon the weapon you currently have turned in for safekeeping?

[18:05:08]ü[18:05:08] Do you wish to abandon the weapon you currently have turned in for safekeeping?

[18:05:12]yThe werebuster has been returned to you.

[18:05:12]A new weapon may be turned in for safekeeping at any time.

(I wasn't able to receive the weapon due to full inventory and the fact that I already had a werebuster in my satchel <_<)
By Quiznor 2012-08-28 12:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing I could see being made invalid is your assault books this is 100% going to happen,friend has done it several times) and MAYBE the nyzul isle book.Because iirc you cant buy that until actually on the quest

Edit:just looked it up

Wyrmseeker of Areuhat

Acquire the Wyrmseeker Areuhat and trade it to Paparoon.
Wyrmseeker Areuhat is purchased from Zasshal in Aht Urhgan Whitegate at (K-9) for 150,000 Tokens from Nyzul Isle. This option is not available at Zasshal until you have begun this quest.

I also dont remember it being there before I got to that part of the uest,but admittedly I wasnt looking for it

edit 2: "this quest" being duties,tasks and deeds,the 2nd quest in the mythic line

Omfg quiz you noob edit 3:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/31773/mythic-nearly-done/2/#1941574 seems like dagger is what you traded in
[+]
 Valefor.Thioo
user: Thio
By Valefor.Thioo 2012-08-28 13:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not positive but I believe I had a friend who was having the same problem before he finished up his Mythic, think he ended up getting on the test server and then doing that so it didn't mess with anything. I could be wrong though.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-28 13:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Thioo said: »
I'm not positive but I believe I had a friend who was having the same problem before he finished up his Mythic, think he ended up getting on the test server and then doing that so it didn't mess with anything. I could be wrong though.

Ah, that's actually a really good idea.
[+]
 Valefor.Zolan
By Valefor.Zolan 2012-08-29 20:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So???

Just curious to what ended up happening.
By Quiznor 2012-08-29 20:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Zolan said: »
So???

Just curious to what ended up happening.
 Asura.Myrrh
By Asura.Myrrh 2012-08-29 20:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't traded it all yet, but I will let you know. Thanks for the patience.
By Quiznor 2012-08-29 21:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Peer pressure
 Valefor.Zolan
By Valefor.Zolan 2012-08-30 16:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »
Peer pressure
Haha I wasn't going for peer pressure! But I need closure! I want to hear more of the saga of Myrrh is all!
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-08-30 16:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Myrrh said: »
I haven't traded it all yet, but I will let you know. Thanks for the patience.
Test server is the best idea here imo. No losses on your part at all.
 Valefor.Philemon
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2012-08-30 16:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

As others have said, your best option is the test server. I turned mys weapon in years ago and I was super paranoid about what the npc was holding. Load your character on the test server with another vigil weapon and see what he returns to you.

I've posted on the official forum that it's stupid that you have no way of knowing what weapon you've turned in. For something a significant as a mythic you'd think they'd get this one right.
 Valefor.Angeluzun
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2012-08-30 16:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

if I'm not too late, maybe you can find out on the test server? Everything should be the same there afaik, so you can find out without risking anything...

Edit: wow at 2 posts before me saying the same thing while i read the thread x.x
 Asura.Myrrh
By Asura.Myrrh 2012-08-30 19:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Downloading it as I type.
By Quiznor 2012-08-30 20:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Pft,be a real man and jump blindly at it on the real server. Then swear up and down how its the best thing ever no matter wht you get
[+]
 Asura.Myrrh
By Asura.Myrrh 2012-08-30 22:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

After *** with the test server and trying to read those cryptic instructions I did as Tikal and Jinjo suggested and traded a random vigil weapon and the item I got back was exactly what I would have traded now. I am GREATLY relieved. I can stop stalling now and finish this.

Oh, on a side note; that took 5 minutes to do, the part that took the entire night was finding out if wyrmseeker, etc were rendered useless to Paparoon if I aborted the quest. The answer was:

Yes. When i traded the wyrmseeker, journals, eyepatch and cat's eye to Paparoon, he looked at me like I was HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, snickered a little and then said my family should be ashamed. (So Kese, if it would have been a werebuster returned me to I'd be a career whm.) No way I am doing all that ***again.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-31 02:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You found that out on the test server right? x_x
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-31 02:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

(My heart is sinking at the thought of losing 100k Ichor. The rest I could handle.)
[+]
 Asura.Myrrh
By Asura.Myrrh 2012-08-31 23:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
(My heart is sinking at the thought of losing 100k Ichor. The rest I could handle.)

Yep. ..if I don't accept the weapon I got back on the test server, then I have to farm another ~48k ichor.

Not happy. I wish there was a way to legitimately check what weapon you have traded without completely voiding all progress. The disclaimer is fine, makes sense.. but to not see the vigil weapon...

/hurt
First Page 2