Mythic Nearly Done!!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Mythic nearly done!!
Mythic nearly done!!
 Asura.Myrrh
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Myrrhic
By Asura.Myrrh 2012-07-07 11:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the dagger traded in at the moment, actually, I've had it traded in for like 5 years! I have 2 mules that hold the alexandrite. Quite easily, really.

W. Aruehat, eyepatch, etc etc, is only like 10 spots, so just as easy. I don't see the issue? I have my assaults done already, so, idk.

Always been learning on DNC since the job is so versatile and such, but PUP would make me a "DD", I don't see the wait period, unless I missed something horrifying <_<

Thanks for the info, Kall! I'll try that out. (I never thought of it.)
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-07 12:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think you can change your mind once you trade in the weapon?
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-07-07 12:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

All progress is erased if you retrieve the weapon prematurely.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-07 12:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Grats on dagger, then!
[+]
By Quiznor 2012-07-07 12:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You lose everything traded to the rat if you swap weapons. Titles dont "get erased" so step 1 is always complete.

Alex,assault journals,eyepatch and wyrmseeker are all lost if the weapon is changed.

Edit: I missed where you said you had assaults done already. You'll have to toss the completed journals and get a fresh new set if you change the weapon,even if you havent turned them in
 Cerberus.Cruxus
Server: Cerberus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2012-07-07 12:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering no item has been turned in, there's really no real loss of progress considering the first quest was to kill and obtain the titles of the Salvage/ToAU Kings/Odin NM's, and since you don't loose the credit for title you basically have that "stage" done despite removing weapon and swapping out for another.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-07-07 12:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

He said he finished every assault, token, and ichor requirement. That's a lot to redo.
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-07-07 12:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Minjo said: »
He said he finished every assault, token, and ichor requirement. That's a lot to redo.
The tokens and ichor are used to purchase items. If you don't trade them, you can still use them if you cancel a weapon and start a different one.

The assaults will have to be redone though.

Unless even the journals weren't traded yet (I think)
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-07-07 12:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Those purchasable items are no longer usable if the quest is restarted.
By Quiznor 2012-07-07 12:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said: »
Fenrir.Minjo said: »
The tokens and ichor are used to purchase items. If you don't trade them, you can still use them if you cancel a weapon and start a different one.

The assaults will have to be redone though.

Unless even the journals weren't traded yet (I think)

Even if not traded,journal progress is reset if changed.My friend found this out the hard way when jumping on the bandwagon.He had 5050 for glanzfaust,then something like 20/50 for something else and the thats when he found out when he bandwagoned DRG

And yes.....I know you're reading this bael!!!
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-07-07 12:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see anything about the eyepatch and the book or whatever being rendered unusable upon changing weapons, but I'm inclined to believe that assault progress is reset. I'd really like to see something on cancelling a mythic quest but I figure not many people have done that... <_<
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-07-07 12:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leaving an inventory item unchanged while removing its ability to perform its intended function is not without precedent. The same thing happens after you use a BCNM orb. Whether that's fair or not with regard to mythic weapons, I can't say, but that's the way they wanted it.
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-07-07 12:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not disputing it (you're probably right), but at the same time, I'm trying wishful thinking for OP. :P

OP, if you decide to cancel your dagger, let me know what happens to your progress. <_<
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-07-07 12:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You get the option to buy the eye patch even if you dont have the quest active to my knowledge (or I started a mythic weapon on all my characters unknowingly) so I would be very suprised if it became useless upon switching weapons. Much more likely it would count like an empyrean trophy I would think.
 Ragnarok.Valauge
Server: Ragnarok
user: Valauge
By Ragnarok.Valauge 2012-07-07 13:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
You get the option to buy the eye patch even if you dont have the quest active to my knowledge (or I started a mythic weapon on all my characters unknowingly) so I would be very suprised if it became useless upon switching weapons. Much more likely it would count like an empyrean trophy I would think.
If I recall correctly, you only get the journals from Duties, so those will be rendered useless and have to repeat the assaults. The rest of the items should still work, but I don't know of anyone who's actually put that to the test.
 Asura.Myrrh
By Asura.Myrrh 2012-07-07 13:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, ***... just researched it and yeah, I have all my journals and none of them are traded in, but a dude got back to me and said if I untrade weapon, Aurehat is worthless and as is the journals.

Terpsichore it is.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-07-07 14:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, that makes much more sense. Half of my questioning was more along the lines of "if they have something turned in they really aren't going to take it out, are they? o.0".

I know you definitely lose the progress for the journals, and I assumed the same for Wyrmseeker (though you -could- just sit on the tokens, hence why I only tacked on a fifty day wait). Balrahn's Eyepatch should remain usable, though - I guess I can't be certain.

But yeah, no changing your mind, really.
 Asura.Myrrh
By Asura.Myrrh 2012-07-07 20:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got absolute confirmation. (I think.)

Eyepatch, Wyrmseeker, T4 trophies are all safe. Journals are trashed since they needed to be activated by the quest itself. You can get a seeker and a eyepatch without even have traded in a weapon.

I'll be happy with my shiny triple-dong.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-07-07 20:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

welcome to high ffxi society!

i kid, i kid, but cg none-the-less
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2012-07-07 21:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Just out of curiosity. If you complete a mythic and for some reason you decide you want to make another one, do you have to repeat the whole process again or is some of it a one time deal?

I don't have a Mythic myself but an LS friend asked me this question awhile back and i'm curious to know.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-07-07 21:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

you have to repeat the whole thing again except for the initial captain rank, and mb titles
 Asura.Myrrh
By Asura.Myrrh 2012-07-08 15:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said: »
I'm not disputing it (you're probably right), but at the same time, I'm trying wishful thinking for OP. :P

OP, if you decide to cancel your dagger, let me know what happens to your progress. <_<

I'll be honest with ya, no way I'm taking that chance, mate! :)
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-07-09 04:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

*** it I'm making Terpischorde now.
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
Server: Phoenix
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-07-09 18:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Urteil said: »
*** it I'm making Terpischorde now.
I'll fire up the blender, you got the kittens?