What Is The Best For ARC/BRD?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIV » Classes » Archer » What is the best for ARC/BRD?
What is the best for ARC/BRD?
By Grimkitty57 2012-09-18 14:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I use this set up at the moment on my BRD;

Main Hand - Crab Bow (Because can't afford Giantsgall and Primals won't
drop)
Head - Choral Chapeau
Body - Raptorskin Harness, double melded with PIE
Hands - Felt Bracers (Blue), double melded with AP
Waist - Raptorskin Satchel Belt, with Enmity -13 melded
Legs - Choral Tights
Feet - Choral Sandals
Ears - Explorer's Earrings
Neck - Electrum Gorget +1
Wrists - Tourmaline Bracelets
R.finger/L.finger - Tourmaline Ring +1

With this set up, I have around 500+ AP without my food and over 330 PIE.

Dream set ~

Main Hand - Artemis Bow/Garuda's Spine
Head - Paragon's Crown (2 more jobs)
Body - Raptorskin Harness, with Piety IV Materias
Hands - Felt Bracers, with more AP
Waist - Raptorskin Satchel Belt
Legs - Militia Subligar
Feet - Darklight Calligae
Earrings - Explorer's Earrings
Neck - Electrum Gorget +1
Wrists - Tourmaline Bracelets +1
R.finger/L.finger - Tourmaline Rings +1
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-09-18 15:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if you are looking for advice or not but for your dream set Giantsgall is better then the primal drops, garuda's included and with 2 +1 rings you would be overcapping pie with out relic.

As for your current set any of the GC's weapons would be an upgrade, Ul'dah's actually being the strongest short of relic, not sure how LL's sits but grid's will fall behind giants, 330 pie is overcapping again for crab bow so for either set you should drop one for a dex ring.
By Grimkitty57 2012-09-18 15:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, I was more focused on getting other gear with my seals from the Atomos event and making sure I can get my Miner to 50. It is pretty much an open to suggestion post, I'm not the best BRD, I am always open to suggestions.

The 330 PIE is mainly for when I get my hands on Ifrit's or Moogle Bow, friend told me that the cap is around 330 for those.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-09-18 15:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeh 330pie 300 dex for those, giantsgal is the better option though and *should* be easier to obtain... Put either a dex or a pie in it, caps should be around 342/bit under 310, I keep my pie at 338 so jerked beef caps it. I think dex would be the better option looking at your set, or if you go pie you can go with str/dex melded legs if you have any for a bit of added attack.

If you do happen to get ahold of garuda's though I would hold onto it just incase 2.0 shifts things up.
By Grimkitty57 2012-09-18 15:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I do Ifrit's and Moogles like crazy to get one of those bows, I have never done Skirmish before, my LS wants to do Hamlets and Speed Runs for dungeons eventually.

Skirmish is mainly done with shout groups here and I never really want to join any of those for the weapons /: I can check if there are any STR/DEX legs, I only ever see STR/VIT or MND/INT/PIE

Also feel bad now that I converted my DEX ring into a Materia after I got my +1 Tourmaline rings
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-09-18 15:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I bought my giants bow, did it a couple times with my LS but thats it... I'm not really interested in pick ups for that either XD
By Grimkitty57 2012-09-18 16:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I don't want to fight against people who lie that they have this job and they go to sell it /:

I could save up for one, but I want to see if I get another bow before I go to buy it. Have Ifrit Blade/Claws/Axe/Harpoon and Moogle Axe, but have gotten nothing but DM lately
By SOLALCHEMIST 2012-09-19 17:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

For head piece I'd suggest looking into getting Imperial Operative Tricorne from current event: Str : +10, Dex : +15, Crit Rate : +20, Crit Attack Power : +20
By Grimkitty57 2012-09-19 21:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't a Darklight Eyepatch also like the Imperial Operative Tricorne?
By SOLALCHEMIST 2012-09-19 21:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes the eyepatch isn't a bad option, but the dex on Tricorne more useful to Brd than the Int on Eyepatch (better suited to mnk)
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-09-20 07:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If he is planning to get the crown that is the better option then tricone. Crits stats while stronger then the were still arn't something to consider over your primary/secondary stats.
By SOLALCHEMIST 2012-09-20 09:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura I respectfully disagree, imo the Imperial Tricorne is the superior head slot for brd, I'd rather have the 5 xtra dex and crit, than have 10 Pie from the crown. As we have already established the OP is over the cap for pie, why oh why would you suggest him to get more on the crown?
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-09-20 10:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

SOLALCHEMIST said: »
Asura I respectfully disagree, imo the Imperial Tricorne is the superior head slot for brd, I'd rather have the 5 xtra dex and crit, than have 10 Pie from the crown. As we have already established the OP is over the cap for pie, why oh why would you suggest him to get more on the crown?

I'm suggesting it because he is looking into stronger weapon options as well. Even if he is not, switching out a pie ring for a dex ring will bring him back under the pie cap, crown will recap him and it will work out to him being 10 or 13 (NQ/HQ) dex more then the tricone.

For crits to be worth it you need alot of both stats, in addition damage is floored after adding any crit damage + so that 20crit damage wont actually increase the damage any on anything worth mentioning.

Tricone only wins if you take into account only the head slot in his first set, and you should never be considering only 1 slot when deciding on gear.

On an unrelated note you seem to confuse servers with people's names just a heads up.
By SOLALCHEMIST 2012-09-20 10:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

His dream set includes double Pie IV body and Milita Subligar for another 20 Pie, so even swapping out a Pie ring for dex, he will still be over cap again. So I am not considering one piece, but the whole set that he suggested.

(Apologies over name confusion)
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-09-20 11:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Naked pie and dex are 236 and 243 respectivly assuming 23 points in pie and 22 in dex, just to have a number to use I will use 2 +16 pie in the body, obviously this will vary, also going with 1 dex and 1 pie ring.
246 + 20 + 32 + 18 + 15 + 4 + 3 = 338 Piety in the set with out counting the head gear, the cap for garuda's would be in the 350s so no not over capped.

Having said that Giantsgall is a stronger weapon (if we are going to talk ideal here with out going into GCs) then garuda's due to the light shot vs WS split and would put his cap in the early 340s, adding crown and switching to dex bracelets puts him at 344 which ensures his cap. Throw a Dex materia (or 2 if you are ballzy) into the bow and and he is pritty close to on that cap as well (you could cap with 2 3s in it). Food shifts things up a bit and if he gets 35+ pie in the body he will be able to cap pie with jerked beef in which case you are right, the tricone will pull ahead slightly, if what hes killing needs acc food then crown is gunna pull ahead.

If Ul'dah GC (no idea for sure how limsa's compares so I won't comment there) and relic should become options then crown would win because of caps going up, same goes for if he wanted to stick with garudas.
By Malach 2012-09-20 11:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So what's the PIE/DEX caps for these bows?

Garuda
Giantsgall
Ifrit
Moogle
Grid. GC bow
By SOLALCHEMIST 2012-09-20 12:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Very true, I wasn't taking food into consideration. However as our LS bard didn't need accuracy food for Ifrit Extreme win I'm not sure which fights in the game you would want to use acc food for.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-09-20 12:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk for sure when, where or even if it would be needed I was just throwing it out there.

Keep in mind this is all only true till 2.0 then it all blows up. Supposedly they are removing the cool downs on weapon skills which could mix up our priorites some since they will probably adjust damage formulas as well. At this point I honestly have a hard time telling anyone to go for the dream sets since for all we know all our gear but AF will be tagged as "Dated" with better stuff around when we come back which is why I stuck with his current set and wen't for the easier upgrades.
By SOLALCHEMIST 2012-09-20 14:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes for sure, but for now I don't want to think about how all my gear will become out-dated/useless just yet !
By Grimkitty57 2012-09-23 13:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm... if I got the Miltia Subligar and the Darklight Caligae, I think I could replace my body piece with the AF body
By GraddHelian 2012-09-23 14:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Very true, I wasn't taking food into consideration. However as our LS bard didn't need accuracy food for Ifrit Extreme win I'm not sure which fights in the game you would want to use acc food for.

Pretty horrible example as a mob you would need ACC for, Ifrit extreme is one of the least Evasive mobs in the entire game.

I'd even be willing to say Ifrit (Hard) has more evasion than Extreme oddly enough.
 Ragnarok.Grimkitty
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Grimkitty 2012-09-23 14:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

GraddHelian said: »

Pretty horrible example as a mob you would need ACC for, Ifrit extreme is one of the least Evasive mobs in the entire game.

I'd even be willing to say Ifrit (Hard) has more evasion than Extreme.
You don't really need a BRD in Hard Mode for Ifrit though, only needed for the other Primals, I think
By GraddHelian 2012-09-23 14:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Grimkitty said: »

I'd even be willing to say Ifrit (Hard) has more evasion than Extreme.
You don't really need a BRD in Hard Mode for Ifrit though, only needed for the other Primals, I think

I just used hard mode as an example of a mob that probably has more evasion than Extreme.

Extreme is a horrible mob to use when talking about ACC gear.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-09-24 01:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm gonna go ahead and ask for improvements to my updated set as well if that's ok :P. I use the following atm:
Head: Imperial Tricorne
Bow: Flame Lt
Body: Gryphonskin Tunic double melded with +29 pie
Waist: Flame Sash
Hands: Felt Bracers with +51 att melded
Legs: Raptorskin Subligar with +11/11 str/dex (11 STR 16 DEX total)
Feet: AF (I don't have a group for darklight, though I know that's an immediate improvement)
Earring: Explorer's
Neck: Elec Gorget+1
Rings/Bracelet: I have 2 HQ Pie 1 HQ Dex ring, and both HQ bracelets

With 2x pie ring +pie bracelet I sit at 324 Pie 280 Dex 376 acc and 596 att. Any suggestions?
By SOLALCHEMIST 2012-09-24 06:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd even be willing to say Ifrit (Hard) has more evasion than Extreme oddly enough.

Umm bs? I've no idea how you can say this. High accuracy for Ifrit Ex is almost essential, people missing a combo can seriously screw fight.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-09-24 08:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
I'm gonna go ahead and ask for improvements to my updated set as well if that's ok :P. I use the following atm:
Head: Imperial Tricorne
Bow: Flame Lt
Body: Gryphonskin Tunic double melded with +29 pie
Waist: Flame Sash
Hands: Felt Bracers with +51 att melded
Legs: Raptorskin Subligar with +11/11 str/dex (11 STR 16 DEX total)
Feet: AF (I don't have a group for darklight, though I know that's an immediate improvement)
Earring: Explorer's
Neck: Elec Gorget+1
Rings/Bracelet: I have 2 HQ Pie 1 HQ Dex ring, and both HQ bracelets

With 2x pie ring +pie bracelet I sit at 324 Pie 280 Dex 376 acc and 596 att. Any suggestions?
Nothing jumps out at me except for militia subligar if you can get that and then go with 1 dex ring rather then 2 pie rings. I hesitate to let dex drop too low since AA is normally just assumed to be capped and never actually seen a number for it. If you have hate issues with your tank you can go with militia earring as well you can do a bit more damage before having to worry about pulling hate.

Edit: Seiken's guide has some older info on it (280) but notes at the top that caps are different since the guide was written.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-09-24 11:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Righteous, so my brd is getting as decked out as both blm (I was told what the "Garuda Standard" was for blms and I beat both stats without food lol) and mnk. Thanks :D
By GraddHelian 2012-09-24 17:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Umm bs? I've no idea how you can say this. High accuracy for Ifrit Ex is almost essential, people missing a combo can seriously screw fight.

You need about 405 ACC in gear to stay capped on Ifrit Extreme which isnt alot of ACC at all my high ACC build has much more.

If you think Extreme is Evasive then you are doing something very wrong.
By doctorfed 2012-10-11 07:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello all
excuse me, but I did not understand how much is the cap for Piety and Dex for BRD, and if the cap depends on the weapon..

My weapons are Ifrit's Bow or Flame Lieutenant's Bow
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-10-11 07:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

330pie/295-300dex for ifrit's, for flame there hasn't been testing (that I've seen) to find it out for sure but using the other ifrit weapons and garuda's as a base you can estimate it within a point or 2 of 352pie/310dex.