A Scholar's Education (Guide)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 55 56 57 ... 99 100 101
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-01-06 00:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Any further input / testing is welcome.

I rebuilt my FC set based on what we think we discovered:

ItemSet 348833
Head FC+6
Body FC+7
Back FC+10
RDM sub FC+15

I was able to land this with it:

Both spells were on CD, so no QuickCast triggered. Was this possible before? I seem to remember doing T5 and T3 was the max you were able to MB into your own SC?

Any input is welcome.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-01-06 01:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I've definitely done 5->4 on my own SC (and that's even with non capped FC on the 4), but the timing's extremely tight.

The numbers you posted earlier seem a little funny since even 80% FC should be going off at under 20%.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-01-06 01:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The numbers you posted earlier seem a little funny since even 80% FC should be going off at under 20%.

Tripple checked it with and without feet recording my game with FRAPS and going frame by frame:

- With feet RR3 casts at 13%
- Without feet RR3 casts at 18-19%
[+]
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-01-06 01:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The results certainly look interesting. Have to actually wait til I'm home to go and check out stuff personally.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-06 05:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Both spells were on CD, so no QuickCast triggered. Was this possible before? I seem to remember doing T5 and T3 was the max you were able to MB into your own SC?
I've been occasionally able to it without quickmagic proccing, it's just that it doesn't happen all of the times and it seems it doesn't depend on me.

If I input the spell command too early it won't start, if I'm too late it won't MB.
It feels like if I try to input it too early, then there's a hidden global cooldown, and game won't accept new attempts to send a spell command for half a second or something.

So for me it basically revolved around this. Those times I manage to get this random timing right it worked, all the other times it didn't =/

My set is different from yours though

Think that's ~60% FC, plus Head/Feet for Grimoire casting, then 10% from Arts and then 15% FC from /RDM
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-01-06 06:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I've been occasionally able to it without quickmagic proccing, it's just that it doesn't happen all of the times and it seems it doesn't depend on me.

If I input the spell command too early it won't start, if I'm too late it won't MB.
It feels like if I try to input it too early, then there's a hidden global cooldown, and game won't accept new attempts to send a spell command for half a second or something.

So for me it basically revolved around this. Those times I manage to get this random timing right it worked, all the other times it didn't =/

My set is different from yours though

Think that's ~60% FC, plus Head/Feet for Grimoire casting, then 10% from Arts and then 15% FC from /RDM
Lol voltsurge what a nub
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-01-06 06:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Other note I'd say this is great news I have a pile of SCH cards rotting that I'm going to use, I think maxed fatscazt sets are a true gem of this game and can really seperate players. Thanks for posting this
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-01-06 07:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Thanks for posting this

I'd still like some confirmation from another source so I'm sure I'm not trying to see things that are not there.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-01-06 07:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

10 cards short from getting the +3, but this will be my first upgrade and i will see if i can manage it.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-01-06 08:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Thinking out loud
so im guessing in precast function you could do like

if dark arts active and Enfeebling, Elemental, Dark magic equipset FC+acad loafers+2

if light art active and Divine, Healing, Enhancing, and Enfeebling magic equipset FC+acad loafers+2
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2017-01-06 08:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Thinking out loud
so im guessing in precast function you could do like

if dark arts active and Enfeebling, Elemental, Dark magic equipset FC+acad loafers+2

if light art active and Divine, Healing, Enhancing, and Enfeebling magic equipset FC+acad loafers+2

That's a good idea to put into GS.

Right now I'm looking at Acad's Gown and Pants for arts' skill bonus. Well before I decide on pieces to +2, I wanted to ask how to add it in sets depending on Arts so if I'm casting the spells in their respective arts, one piece would correctly equip in midcast
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-01-07 02:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Thanks for posting this

I'd still like some confirmation from another source so I'm sure I'm not trying to see things that are not there.

I can confirm that these definitely break the cap or something. I've never had such a easy time landing a T5 with a T4 during a solo SC. Just tested them on a couple T1 Reisen NMs and have never missed a T5/T4.
[+]
By Lyramion 2017-01-07 06:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I can confirm that these definitely break the cap or something.

Amazing. Thank you.
[+]
By Antisense 2017-01-07 08:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I took some screenshots a few months ago with 80 Fast Cast (equipment + Ionis + /RDM) and neither of Mortarboard or Loafers with grimoire effect active and I wasn't able to observe casting time below 15% for tier V. (However, the assumption is that the spell goes off when the mob is claimed...) Screenshots below.

Based on this, I assumed the casting speed floor is 15% based on the assumption that slow-casting spells go off at 75% without any Fast Cast or grimoire effect and 20% of 75% is 15%, which should be achieved with 80 Fast Cast. Then Dark Arts shouldn't contribute more.

Since I can't cap FC with Mortarboard and/or Loafers at the moment I can't check to see how low I can get with those.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-01-09 13:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

hahah ive been working my *** off to get these, then I realized you did testing with the +2, getting them now, I was thinking the +3, /shrug
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-01-09 14:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

heres what I did

made a set
Code
	sets.Precast.FastCast.Arts = {
			ear1="Loquac. Earring",
			ammo="Impatiens",
			head={ name="Merlinic Hood", augments={'"Fast Cast"+7','INT+7','Mag. Acc.+14','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+11',}},
			neck="Orunmila's Torque",
			ear2="Etiolation Earring",
			body="Zendik Robe",
			hands={ name="Merlinic Dastanas", augments={'"Fast Cast"+7','CHR+7',}},
			ring1="Kishar Ring",
			ring2="Lebeche Ring",
			back={ name="Lugh's Cape", augments={'MP+60','"Fast Cast"+10',}},
			waist="Witful Belt",
			feet="Acad. Loafers +2",
			legs={name="Psycloth Lappas", priority=1}}

then in function precast put this
Code
elseif buffactive['Dark Arts'] or buffactive['Addendum: Black'] and spell.type == 'BlackMagic'  then
				equip (sets.Precast.FastCast.Arts)		
elseif buffactive['Light Arts'] or buffactive['Addendum: White'] and spell.type == 'WhiteMagic'  then
			else
				equip(sets.Precast.FastCast)

Seems to work

Also confirming was able to hit T5+T4 same SC for the first time, Great find thanks again!

Question is can anyone get *helix2 and tier5 off!!! new challenge! both 7.5 second base cast time
 Fenrir.Sathicus
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-01-09 17:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Tora,

Can you post your whole precast function for SCH? Mine doesn't have any so I'm curious what your first "if" statement must be and want to ensure I have things configured correctly. Thanks.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-01-09 18:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sathicus said: »
Tora,

Can you post your whole precast function for SCH? Mine doesn't have any so I'm curious what your first "if" statement must be and want to ensure I have things configured correctly. Thanks.

Code
function precast(spell,action)
	if spell.type:endswith('Magic') or spell.type == "Ninjutsu" then
		if buffactive.silence then -- Cancel Magic or Ninjutsu If You Are Silenced or Out of Range --
			cancel_spell()
			add_to_chat(123, spell.name..' Canceled: [Silenced or Out of Casting Range]')
			return
		else

if string.find(spell.english,'Cur') and spell.english ~= "Cursna" then
				equip(sets.Precast.Cure)
			elseif spell.english == "Impact" then
				equip(set_combine(sets.Precast.FastCast,{body="Twilight Cloak"}))
			elseif string.find(spell.english,'Utsusemi') then
				if buffactive['Copy Image (3)'] or buffactive['Copy Image (4)'] then
					cancel_spell()
					add_to_chat(123, spell.english .. ' Canceled: [3+ Images]')
					return
				else
				end
			elseif sets.Precast[spell.skill] then
				equip(sets.Precast[spell.skill])
			elseif buffactive['Dark Arts'] or buffactive['Addendum: Black'] and spell.type == 'BlackMagic'  then
			elseif buffactive['Light Arts'] or buffactive['Addendum: White'] and spell.type == 'WhiteMagic'  then
			else
			end
		end
	elseif spell.type == "WeaponSkill" then
		if player.status ~= 'Engaged' then -- Cancel WS If You Are Not Engaged. Can Delete It If You Don't Need It --
			cancel_spell()
			add_to_chat(123,'Unable To Use WeaponSkill: [Disengaged]')
			return
		else
			if sets.WS[spell.english] then
				equip(sets.WS[spell.english])
			end
		end
	elseif spell.type == "JobAbility" then
		if sets.JA[spell.english] then
			equip(sets.JA[spell.english])
		end
	elseif spell.english == 'Spectral Jig' and buffactive.Sneak then
		cast_delay(0.2)
		send_command('cancel Sneak')
	end
	if sets.Precast[spell.element] then
		equip(sets.Precast[spell.element])
	end
	if StunIndex == 1 then
		equip(sets.Midcast.Stun)
	end
	if Main == 'ON' then
		equip(sets.MainWeapon)
	end
end
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-01-09 20:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks!
 Carbuncle.Doryll
Server: Carbuncle
user: Smacks
By Carbuncle.Doryll 2017-01-11 16:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, i tried to include the function into my lua, but it seems not working, i don't have 'function precast(spell,action)" but
"function job_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)". I don't know if it's an issue.
This is my functions code :

i put function line 188
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-01-12 11:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone figured out if its only the feet that break the cap? Assuming the head does as well, do the affects stack?

Something to consider if you swap weapons already you can aim for the 65% fastcast (/rdm) and use the two pieces in your base fastcast set.

ItemSet 348934

EDIT: I believe that puts you at 60% before any augments on Merlinic. If you +3 the new hands and you will have even more wiggle room to not swap weapons or add insta cast.
 Carbuncle.Doryll
By Carbuncle.Doryll 2017-01-12 14:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the set i use, without adoulin' ring but with a FC+7 body. Unfortunately, i can't test it with my error functions
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-01-12 15:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So I was thinking about it briefly, and this might be a dumb question as I don't SCH much, but if you're using the above set and hitting 65+15 FC already, is there any need to make special cases for the hat + head? Is there an argument for not just using them in precast.FC for every spell as you will always be in one art or the other as SCH and off-art spells are still at capped FC?
 Bahamut.Neb
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2017-01-12 16:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fiasko said: »
Has anyone figured out if its only the feet that break the cap? Assuming the head does as well, do the affects stack?

Something to consider if you swap weapons already you can aim for the 65% fastcast (/rdm) and use the two pieces in your base fastcast set.

ItemSet 348934

EDIT: I believe that puts you at 60% before any augments on Merlinic. If you +3 the new hands and you will have even more wiggle room to not swap weapons or add insta cast.

The hard part for most will be getting to 80% FC without using Merlinic Head I think that is why people wont be using both and with just +2 feet I'm already seeing mistakes with GS on short cast spells lol
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-01-12 16:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

We tested it with Head and Feet using Casters Roll CC 11 to cap FC. Didn't seem to make a difference which ones you used to break the cap.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-01-12 17:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sathicus said: »
So I was thinking about it briefly, and this might be a dumb question as I don't SCH much, but if you're using the above set and hitting 65+15 FC already, is there any need to make special cases for the hat + head? Is there an argument for not just using them in precast.FC for every spell as you will always be in one art or the other as SCH and off-art spells are still at capped FC?
losing some instacast if you dont love instacast then sure but you have to drop peri cape for the ambuscade back 10fc to cap once you drop off merlinic feet for the +2/+3 loafers
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-12 18:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

With some adjustments one can cap FC and Quickmagic without using the Feet/Head slots though.

Oranyan+ClerisyHQ
Orunmilla+Loq+EnchaHQ
zendik+gendeHQ+weather
FC10cape+witful+psycloth

Should be 80% with /RDM sub.
Can get even higher with AF1+3 hands or Grio with FC augment.

Then there's Impatiens, Weatherspoon, Witful and Lebeche wich should be 10% Quick Magic.

I guess this is not viable for people who want to lock their main to use Myrkr, but frankly on SCH I see less necessity to use Myrkr than, say, on BLM.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-12 18:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I forgot to calculate the 10% from Light/Dark arts, but I think the base one falls under the 80% limit, unlike the new reforged Feet/Head, and of course it only works for the spells associated with the current arts...
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-01-12 18:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

But what if you only have voltsurge?
 Carbuncle.Doryll
By Carbuncle.Doryll 2017-01-13 07:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Question is can anyone get *helix2 and tier5 off!!! new challenge! both 7.5 second base cast time

Possible without QM proc :

First Page 2 3 ... 55 56 57 ... 99 100 101