A Scholar's Education (Guide)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 99 100 101
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-01-13 11:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I've made my file into a single lua, no side cars, if anybody is interested in this version instead.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByGS22kY0-SpLUZBZmRmZjl4UWc
[+]
By Luminohelix 2016-01-17 00:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

What is a better option for MB for apex parties as far as bodies go? (I do not have Merlinic body)
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-01-17 01:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

amalric doublet, witching robe, seidr cotehardie
By Luminohelix 2016-01-17 01:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
amalric doublet, witching robe, seidr cotehardie
Thank you sir!
By shawkky 2016-01-18 18:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Speedyjim i notice in your lua under elemental sets section under there you have a -- sub section. What does that section do exactly? If anyone can explain that part thanks. I'm actually looking to copy/paste sections needed to add to my sch lua.
 Asura.Hyeirkhris
Server: Asura
By Asura.Hyeirkhris 2016-01-19 22:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »
I've made my file into a single lua, no side cars, if anybody is interested in this version instead.

Is there any way to add the option to turn Obi's on and off with your LUA?
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-01-25 11:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Helix set, any suggestions?
ItemSet 341515
Burst
10 weapon
11 head
10 neck
5 ring
5 earring

41% Total towards 40 cap

hands+6 ring+5
51% total burst (capped)

I have all the merlin pieces with various burst and MAB 30+ but this seems to get me the most MAB
 Siren.Blackroses
Server: Siren
By Siren.Blackroses 2016-01-25 11:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

While I do not have an answer, I do have a question about this set, and more generally, about magic bursting on SCH.

I read somwhere that BLM needed 40% MBD in gear because of their traits, while SCH would need 44% MBD to cap, once again considering traits?

Is that holding right? Or is there something I am underlooking like gifts from job points etc?

Thanks!
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-01-25 12:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

good question. i built my SCH off of my BLM, so maybe I do need more burst in my SCH sets to hit the cap. I do not know the answer to the question.
 Bismarck.Squah
user: Squah
By Bismarck.Squah 2016-01-25 12:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

40% is the gear cap, regardless of job. Traits, job points and gifts are separate, and mujin band/amalric hands surpass the cap.

I don't know how well it performs when you have 4/5 Amalric +1, but you could consider Merlinic Legs with mbdmg (gives a large macc boost over amalric, which can be unnecessary with buffs) and arbatel +1 feet. I remember (I think) Byrth saying that Amalric +1 feet beat them for damage if Amalric was your second piece for set boost. Any more and Arbatel starts pulling ahead.

If you get Merlinic legs, can swap mbdmg earring for friomisi to get back 10mab
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-01-25 20:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

If I drop the amalric +1 legs that's loosing 70mab.. Merlin the Max is 15+40=55 so getting the 10 back on the earring I'm still at 65. So yes I maybe able to pickup some accuracy but would lose 5mab (and that's with a 40mab :panic: roll on the pants)
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2016-01-25 20:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Squah said: »
40% is the gear cap, regardless of job. Traits, job points and gifts are separate, and mujin band/amalric hands surpass the cap.

Doesn't static earring surpass the cap too?
 Bismarck.Squah
By Bismarck.Squah 2016-01-25 23:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh right, I forgot about the aug on pants. Keep them, but do look into Arbatel feet +1 over amalric.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-01-25 23:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

To my knowledge, Static does not surpass the cap.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-01-26 06:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Arb loafers +1 over Amalric nails +1? What am I missing on that
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-01-26 07:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
Chimerawizard said: »
If you only have 2 pieces of amalric +1, the difference weighs in favor of wearing amalric +1 feet; more +1 bring favor back toward af3+1 feet.

Basically this.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-01-29 22:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Given that Strategem Job Point Category can give 20 macc while under Parsimony or Penury, is there any use to putting anything to Focalization anymore? Not that there's anything better.. then again I guess you can stack Parsimony and Focalization for a 50 macc boost if needed.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-01-29 23:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

shawkky said: »
Hey Speedyjim i notice in your lua under elemental sets section under there you have a -- sub section. What does that section do exactly? If anyone can explain that part thanks. I'm actually looking to copy/paste sections needed to add to my sch lua.
It's to comment out sections or add notes.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-01-29 23:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hyeirkhris said: »
Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »

Is there any way to add the option to turn Obi's on and off with your LUA?
I don't believe so, though it very likely can be added by some function and toggle.
 Bismarck.Squah
By Bismarck.Squah 2016-02-04 09:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Peirithoos/Belphegor soloable by SCH with trusts?

Peirithoos I can see if Damsel Memento/Hera doesn't erase helix. Belphegor I'm not sure since there's no way of dispelling his Memento Mori and he has considerable -MDT.

Also; Hiep - can you post your nuking sets? Watching your solo vids you do considerably more damage than I do, and I have full reisenjima gear with 30+MAB and 38%+Mujin/Gages MB dmg. Missing the last MB dmg gift, but 6% more burst damage shouldn't be equating to 2000+ more damage on a bursted helix lol
 Fenrir.Montaeg
Server: Fenrir
user: Montaeg
By Fenrir.Montaeg 2016-02-04 09:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Peirithoos I have 2boxed as geo and sch. Don't bother with helix, it will erase it 90% of the time. I probably used August/Apuru/Koru/Arciela I as trusts. In the event that you pull hate and get 1 shotted the geo can tank with wilt/vex PDT set while you RR and get trusts back out (this happened to me twice over 10 runs).

Afaik Belphaegor takes very little magic damage and will own you if you don't dispel him (and you can't dispel him without light based dispel). Blu (with enough macc) or DD + brd (with enough macc) can kill it easily though.
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-02-04 09:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Peirithoos I can see if Damsel Memento/Hera doesn't erase helix. Belphegor I'm not sure since there's no way of dispelling his Memento Mori and he has considerable -MDT.

Also; Hiep - can you post your nuking sets? Watching your solo vids you do considerably more damage than I do, and I have full reisenjima gear with 30+MAB and 38%+Mujin/Gages MB dmg. Missing the last MB dmg gift, but 6% more burst damage shouldn't be equating to 2000+ more damage on a bursted helix lol

ItemSet 341743

Pretty much top tier stuff :x I use 2 Akademos, Path A and C, and use em depending on the ilvl of the mob. Those helices were of my old nuking set so I can't remember every piece, but this is my current one. Head augments are INT +8, MACC +39, MAB +34, MBD +3%; Leg augments MND +6, MACC +38, MAB +27, MBD +11%. I could use Amalric Slops +1 for the set bonus and swap out ring/earring to make up for MBD, but the MACC on pants is extremely useful for me personally since I mostly solo.

Like Montaeg said, for Peirithoos, you're better off just avoid using helices because of Grace of Hera spam. I usually rotate between Blizzard and Thunder nukes if it absorbs one another. For Belphegor, it is soloable but gets messy under 10-15% when it chainspells. I use August, Amchuchu, Gessho (since Hadal Summons can be evaded by blinks), Apururu, and Star Sibyl or Ulmia (Marches or Scherzo) for the last slot. I usually use abuse WSs like Starburst and Shattersoul throughout the fight to save stratagems since the last 10-15% needs to be zerged.

Edit: I do remember my old set now lol. It basically was Merlinic head with MAB/MACC +33 with Occult Acumen +4 and Static Earring in place of Friomisi Earring and Locus Ring for Shiva Ring +1 to make up for MBD.
 Bismarck.Squah
By Bismarck.Squah 2016-02-04 10:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Off the top of my head cause I'm in the restroom at work rn(:D)

Head is macc30/MAB27 and irrelevantfernstat (this will be the first I attempt again)
Jubbah has low thirties of both macc/mab and 5FC
Legs have 8INT 27macc 34mab 8mbdmg.

And I have NQ amalric hands/seshaw cape, and use Locus Ring.

All of this inquiry is because after stopping BLU at 45 in like, 2007, I got it to 99 a little over a week ago. So I know it'd be easier to solo a lot of these on BLU, but I need the gear these drop to be able to solo it as BLU first lol
By BlaTheTaru 2016-02-04 11:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »

ItemSet 341743

Pretty much top tier stuff :x I use 2 Akademos, Path A and C, and use em depending on the ilvl of the mob. Those helices were of my old nuking set so I can't remember every piece, but this is my current one. Head augments are INT +8, MACC +39, MAB +34, MBD +3%; Leg augments MND +6, MACC +38, MAB +27, MBD +11%. I could use Amalric Slops +1 for the set bonus and swap out ring/earring to make up for MBD, but the MACC on pants is extremely useful for me personally since I mostly solo.

Like Montaeg said, for Peirithoos, you're better off just avoid using helices because of Grace of Hera spam. I usually rotate between Blizzard and Thunder nukes if it absorbs one another. For Belphegor, it is soloable but gets messy under 10-15% when it chainspells. I use August, Amchuchu, Gessho (since Hadal Summons can be evaded by blinks), Apururu, and Star Sibyl or Ulmia (Marches or Scherzo) for the last slot. I usually use abuse WSs like Starburst and Shattersoul throughout the fight to save stratagems since the last 10-15% needs to be zerged.

Edit: I do remember my old set now lol. It basically was Merlinic head with MAB/MACC +33 with Occult Acumen +4 and Static Earring in place of Friomisi Earring and Locus Ring for Shiva Ring +1 to make up for MBD.

Don't forget he was taught by Shiva's best Sch so he's expected to do more damage than the rest of you.
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-02-04 21:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

BlaTheTaru said: »

ItemSet 341743

Don't forget he was taught by Shiva's best Sch so he's expected to do more damage than the rest of you.

The legend who still asks me for gear advice
 Shiva.Applesmash
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2016-02-04 22:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

i don't ask you for gear advice ????
[+]
By BlaTheTaru 2016-02-05 00:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

BlaTheTaru said: »

ItemSet 341743

The legend who still asks me for gear advice

Sure glad SCH doesn't get warp natively zzz
 Bismarck.Herzins
user: Herzins
By Bismarck.Herzins 2016-02-08 06:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a guide for the different SCs that sch can do with immanence?
By Colossusx 2016-02-08 06:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Herzins said: »
Is there a guide for the different SCs that sch can do with immanence?
http://www.ffxivpro.com/forum/topic/47029/sch-solo-skillchain-help/
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 99 100 101